Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:50:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (In Stock) Gridseed USB miners - $189.95 with Free Hosting and Electricity!  (Read 18047 times)
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2737
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:18:07 PM

so for the people that just want to buy 1 or 2 miners to start with,can we use are own usb hubs?, it dosent have to be the one in the 10x miner package?
Yeah, that should be fine. Just plug it right into one of your USB ports on your computer, and you should be good to go. The purpose of a powered USB hub is to both add more ports to the connected computer, and power the units connected to the hub.

For example:
The USB Block Erupters from ASICMiner are powered via USB. They don't have an alternative DC power source like the Gridseed does. Daisy chaining multiple unpowered USB hubs will add more USB ports to your computer, but your computer can still only supply a low amount of power for all the ports on the USB hub. Powered USB hubs fix this issue. (i.e. Plugging in multiple, and daisy chainning, surge protectors and extension cords to one outlet in your house doesn't supply more power. It only allows more things to be plugged in. Everything would still be running from the one circuit breaker on your house's electrical box.)

Gridseed uses USB for the purpose of data between the unit and computer, and gets it's power from an adapter/PSU. ASICMiner Block Erupters use USB for both the data and the power (in the similar manner you'd sync and charge an iPod at the same time).

Hope that clears it up some.

That was a nice explanation man!
Good stuff Smiley

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:23:52 PM

how much stock do you have now?

Hi!

We sold through all our USA inventory, and have moved to our overseas warehouse. We have a 1-2 day turn around time on our orders form overseas and they are also sent overnight express.

In other words, regardless of where we ship from, they arrive about the same time to your door. One of the things thats make us unique is the ability to pull inventory from multiple warehouses with a 24 hour turn around time. Thats why we can guarantee it will be at your door in less then 5 business days or we pay you for your lost mining time.

We sold about 300-400 pieces yesterday. Even at an increased rate, we still have plenty of inventory Smiley

Wait, so which is it is it overnight delivery or 5-day delivery? I paid $40 for two units shipping thinking it was overnight, meaning I will receive my units tomorrow.

Hi,

We just wanted to clear up some concerns about the shipping. We aim to ship the same or the next business day.

Many companies take weeks to prepare shipments, then they overnight the unit. We take 24-48 hours to prepare, then you have the unit the next day. Given the surge in orders we have received, we are still getting orders out the same or next day.

As we continue to staff up, we will be able to get orders out the same day, however, this will take a little bit of time. There are no (or few) mining hardware competitors that ship same day.

The overnight shipping is to ensure it gets to you in under the five day window we promise. Again, we are working to reduce this cost, and will credit all existing orders if/when we do.

As you consider the numbers, please consider the numbers as a whole. We take credit cards and PayPal; almost no competitor in this space does. That's an additional cost we are absorbing. We also offer 24/7 technical support that almost no competitor in this space does. In addition, we still strive to get your miner out the same day, if not, the next.  And, our pricing is still less than most reputable competitors.

Thank you for your support, we are working hard to continue to reduce cost.

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:27:47 PM

I agree, these guys are top notch.

I've never dealt with a more professional staff before...give them a break!

They just started opening the doors yesterday, and see how much they have done in under 2 days so far.

I've yet to see any other seller here come even close to that kind of responsiveness and service.

Thank You!!

Number6

Activity: 490
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:19:22 PM

Hi!

We sold through all our USA inventory, and have moved to our overseas warehouse. We have a 1-2 day turn around time on our orders form overseas and they are also sent overnight express.

In other words, regardless of where we ship from, they arrive about the same time to your door. One of the things thats make us unique is the ability to pull inventory from multiple warehouses with a 24 hour turn around time. Thats why we can guarantee it will be at your door in less then 5 business days or we pay you for your lost mining time.

We sold about 300-400 pieces yesterday. Even at an increased rate, we still have plenty of inventory Smiley

Wait, so which is it is it overnight delivery or 5-day delivery? I paid $40 for two units shipping thinking it was overnight, meaning I will receive my units tomorrow.

Hi,

We just wanted to clear up some concerns about the shipping. We aim to ship the same or the next business day.

Many companies take weeks to prepare shipments, then they overnight the unit. We take 24-48 hours to prepare, then you have the unit the next day. Given the surge in orders we have received, we are still getting orders out the same or next day.

As we continue to staff up, we will be able to get orders out the same day, however, this will take a little bit of time. There are no (or few) mining hardware competitors that ship same day.

The overnight shipping is to ensure it gets to you in under the five day window we promise. Again, we are working to reduce this cost, and will credit all existing orders if/when we do.

As you consider the numbers, please consider the numbers as a whole. We take credit cards and PayPal; almost no competitor in this space does. That's an additional cost we are absorbing. We also offer 24/7 technical support that almost no competitor in this space does. In addition, we still strive to get your miner out the same day, if not, the next.  And, our pricing is still less than most reputable competitors.

Thanks for the response but I will point out that Zoomhash, which I have ordered from a few times already ships out the same day from California. They charge $19.99 for overnight shipping for 2 units and scale up at a small amount for each additional unit. I had 4 units recently overnighted for ~$36, and when I say overnighted I mean I ordered Wednesday and I had the miners in my hand mining coins on Thursday. I have also ordered units using their standard shipping which cost $5 for two units and have had the miners within 3 days. Using either option, I have had tracking numbers in my email the same evening as I placed the order.

Not trying to beat you up, as your prices are pretty reasonable, but do not say that there are no competitors offering same day shipping when in fact there is at least one I have ordered from, and others who list it. Most people, at least in the US, when they see and pay for overnight shipping expect it to be literally overnight, or at least the next business day in case of weekends. Hiding behind the "we process within 24-48 hours but then use a overnight shipping" is a bit misleading IMO.

I know if New Egg, Amazon, etc. ran their business like this they would have plenty of pissed off customers. Who wants to pay a premium shipping charge to have to wait 3-4 days to get the product in-hand?

BTC:   18jdvLeM6r943eUY4DEC5B9cQZPuDyg4Zn     LTC:   LeBh9akQ3RwxwpUU6pJQ9YGs9PrC1Zc9BK
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:22:54 PM

Order #548 needs to be deleted, i tried paying with paypal to see if my bank would give me an over draft,payment failed so il order again when i have the funds in my bank which wont be long

Yottabyte

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:34:20 PM

Paying $200 to have a small 10lb box shipped "overnight" domestically is overpriced... to pay that and have your package show up 5 days later is just silly.
longlivebitcoin

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:37:40 PM

Paying $200 to have a small 10lb box shipped "overnight" domestically is overpriced... to pay that and have your package show up 5 days later is just silly.

im pretty sure they just guarantee the units in your hands in 5 days. in other words they will never be out of stock... we see other suppliers go in and out of stock pretty consistently. But i do agree that shipping is significantly more. Im waiting to place my order for that reason
Number6

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:38:59 PM

They just started opening the doors yesterday, and see how much they have done in under 2 days so far.

I've yet to see any other seller here come even close to that kind of responsiveness and service.

Thank You!!

From the first post:

In other words, we are not a fly-by-night start-up or some guy working out of his garage and hoping to become successful. We are a real company, servicing thousands of customers with a full staff to support our clients. We accept all major credit cards, like real companies do, and offer 24 hour support. Enough about us, let’s talk about your needs:

We accept all major credit cards, paypal, and bitcoins - We process orders for tens of thousands of customers, so we know that having payment flexibility is critically important. (3% additional fee for paypal and credit cards)

Words like "In Stock" and "Overnight Shipping" from a company that claims to be different, up-front and serves tens of thousand's of customers I do not think needs to be given a break. I am just pointing out that there is some misleading wording going on, as in shipping from their China warehouse (not what I normally think of as being in-stock) and the premium shipping of $20 per unit is not for people expecting "economy" (3-5 day) service.

A couple of other contradictions:

As we continue to staff up, we will be able to get orders out the same day, however, this will take a little bit of time.

Front page they claim: "We are a real company, servicing thousands of customers with a full staff to support our clients"

We take credit cards and PayPal; almost no competitor in this space does. That's an additional cost we are absorbing.

Front page "3% additional fee for paypal and credit cards"

BTC:   18jdvLeM6r943eUY4DEC5B9cQZPuDyg4Zn     LTC:   LeBh9akQ3RwxwpUU6pJQ9YGs9PrC1Zc9BK
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:39:19 PM

Hi!

Hi,

Thanks for the response but I will point out that Zoomhash, which I have ordered from a few times already ships out the same day from California. They charge $19.99 for overnight shipping for 2 units and scale up at a small amount for each additional unit. I had 4 units recently overnighted for ~$36, and when I say overnighted I mean I ordered Wednesday and I had the miners in my hand mining coins on Thursday. I have also ordered units using their standard shipping which cost $5 for two units and have had the miners within 3 days. Using either option, I have had tracking numbers in my email the same evening as I placed the order.

Not trying to beat you up, as your prices are pretty reasonable, but do not say that there are no competitors offering same day shipping when in fact there is at least one I have ordered from, and others who list it. Most people, at least in the US, when they see and pay for overnight shipping expect it to be literally overnight, or at least the next business day in case of weekends. Hiding behind the "we process within 24-48 hours but then use a overnight shipping" is a bit misleading IMO.

I know if New Egg, Amazon, etc. ran their business like this they would have plenty of pissed off customers. Who wants to pay a premium shipping charge to have to wait 3-4 days to get the product in-hand?

ZOOMHASH:

[Batch 10] 320+ KH/S ASIC SCRYPT & SHA MINER Ships from Los Angeles. Ships 3/27/2014
$ 229.99
 Same Day Shipping GRIDSEED 320 ~ 420 KH/S ASIC SCRYPT & SHA MINER Ships from Los Angeles.
Buy
Same Day Shipping GRIDSEED 320 ~ 420 KH/S ASIC SCRYPT & SHA MINER Ships from Los Angeles.
$ 249.99

you call that "scale up at a small amount for each additional unit." when they are literally $30-$50 more per unit....I think your math is off...or you dont care about paying more for the unit, and have it next day...if thats the case ..I'm sure the GAW guys can mark up the unit for you and send it to you overnight. Smiley

mneehon

Activity: 174

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:40:12 PM

Just wanted to thank support guys @ GAW Miners, had issues with some miners in hosted ten-pack not working properly, got it completely resolved within hours, got called back to assure that the issue was resolved and they are even compensating lost hashing power.  That's what I call top-notch customer service, kudos!

Definitely going to order more very soon.

As for Zoomhash, they are probably falling behind, despite still claiming that they ship same day from LA warehouse.  I ordered ten-pack on 16th, it was shipped on 18th (guess St.Paddy interfered  Grin) and the order is being shipped by FedEx from China (according to tracking they provided), hoping to get the package soon but I am somewhat disappointed.

And talking about others...  Don't get me started about that @$$ Matt from MinerSource, hope he goes out of business and gets back to his hookah.

Again, big thanks to GAW Miners team!

buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:47:19 PM

Thank You!!

From the first post:

In other words, we are not a fly-by-night start-up or some guy working out of his garage and hoping to become successful. We are a real company, servicing thousands of customers with a full staff to support our clients. We accept all major credit cards, like real companies do, and offer 24 hour support. Enough about us, let’s talk about your needs:

We accept all major credit cards, paypal, and bitcoins - We process orders for tens of thousands of customers, so we know that having payment flexibility is critically important. (3% additional fee for paypal and credit cards)

Words like "In Stock" and "Overnight Shipping" from a company that claims to be different, up-front and serves tens of thousand's of customers I do not think needs to be given a break. I am just pointing out that there is some misleading wording going on, as in shipping from their China warehouse (not what I normally think of as being in-stock) and the premium shipping of $20 per unit is not for people expecting "economy" (3-5 day) service.

I guess you feel that a 3am Skype call to china to "try" and speak with someone over there in a 1 man operation is better than dealing local with someone in the US with 24x7 support with a team of experienced employees?  good luck with that Smiley I've been on those 3am calls , and half the time they could give 2 sh**s about you or when they promise to deliver.  But hey, china inst going anywhere if you're not happy Smiley

Number6

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:53:26 PM

Hi!

Hi,

ZOOMHASH:

[Batch 10] 320+ KH/S ASIC SCRYPT & SHA MINER Ships from Los Angeles. Ships 3/27/2014
$ 229.99
Buy
$ 249.99

you call that "scale up at a small amount for each additional unit." when they are literally $30-$50 more per unit....I think your math is off...or you dont care about paying more for the unit, and have it next day...if thats the case ..I'm sure the GAW guys can mark up the unit for you and send it to you overnight. Smiley

It seems they recently raised the price, perhaps due to good business? Who knows, I am only a customer and not affiliated with them. I have already said GAW has a good price, what you failed to look at is when you place your order in your cart at ZH and calculate shipping it isn't some obscene amount as in $20 per unit.

My beef is with the in-stock is actually now in China and overnight shipping actually being 3-5 days. You would be better off just saying $209.99 each, shipping included, guaranteed delivery within 5 days. That is clear, concise, factual, and avoids the misleading terms and confusion. Something I would think a company looking to be better than the competition would appreciate.

Number6

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:03:40 PM

Thank You!!

From the first post:

I guess you feel that a 3am Skype call to china to "try" and speak with someone over there in a 1 man operation is better than dealing local with someone in the US with 24x7 support with a team of experienced employees?  good luck with that Smiley I've been on those 3am calls , and half the time they could give 2 sh**s about you or when they promise to deliver.  But hey, china inst going anywhere if you're not happy Smiley

No, that is exactly why I placed an order with GAW. Their price is good as you pointed out. They are also based in the US, supposedly, which is another reason I ordered. Now I find out that the in-stock actually means in China. I also find out my $20 per unit overnight shipping is actually 3-5 days, from China, assuming no Customs delays, etc.

I have also noticed a few contradictions between the OP and follow-up posts. Why is it then, that for me a GAW customer, I am being attacked for simply bringing up these questions and concerns. I simply offered the comparison to ZH to point out the "no other company ships same day" claim was also misleading. I obviously hold no allegiance to them if I am ordering now from GAW. Most companies that are trying to succeed and be up-front with their customers should welcome such comments and criticisms so they can improve, not lash out and attack their would be customers who dare ask a question or point out an inconsistency.

longlivebitcoin

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:11:20 PM

Thank You!!

From the first post:

I guess you feel that a 3am Skype call to china to "try" and speak with someone over there in a 1 man operation is better than dealing local with someone in the US with 24x7 support with a team of experienced employees?  good luck with that Smiley I've been on those 3am calls , and half the time they could give 2 sh**s about you or when they promise to deliver.  But hey, china inst going anywhere if you're not happy Smiley

No, that is exactly why I placed an order with GAW. Their price is good as you pointed out. They are also based in the US, supposedly, which is another reason I ordered. Now I find out that the in-stock actually means in China. I also find out my $20 per unit overnight shipping is actually 3-5 days, from China, assuming no Customs delays, etc.

I have also noticed a few contradictions between the OP and follow-up posts. Why is it then, that for me a GAW customer, I am being attacked for simply bringing up these questions and concerns. I simply offered the comparison to ZH to point out the "no other company ships same day" claim was also misleading. I obviously hold no allegiance to them if I am ordering now from GAW. Most companies that are trying to succeed and be up-front with their customers should welcome such comments and criticisms so they can improve, not lash out and attack their would be customers who dare ask a question or point out an inconsistency.

no ones lashing out at anyone here. at least i didnt get that vibe from you or gaw. everyone appreciates what you've pointed out
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8989

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 06:11:43 PM

My beef is with the in-stock is actually now in China and overnight shipping actually being 3-5 days. You would be better off just saying $209.99 each, shipping included, guaranteed delivery within 5 days. That is clear, concise, factual, and avoids the misleading terms and confusion. Something I would think a company looking to be better than the competition would appreciate.

I have to agree that this whole overnight/5-days/$20 shipping is too confusing. I get that you wanted to get at the $190 pricing point and have a single shipping fee for any destination, but that's not how most online stores work and it will result in confused and angry customers. Just make it $199 and you'll still have the best price among reputable Gridseed sellers, and with free shipping. You might make less on single orders, but I'm sure most buyers will order more than one anyway.
trilogy456

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

ASICMINER shares: Havelockinvestments.com

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:16:58 PM

Just wanted to thank support guys @ GAW Miners, had issues with some miners in hosted ten-pack not working properly, got it completely resolved within hours, got called back to assure that the issue was resolved and they are even compensating lost hashing power.  That's what I call top-notch customer service, kudos!
Ditto. I had a small issue with my hosted miner (that was already hashing a mere hour after placing my order!), so I contacted support@gawminers.com, as directed in their hosting service welcome email.  I got a reply and a professional resolution, all within a few hours.

If anyone has questions for them, I would say contact them directly using their webpage: http://gawminers.com/contact-us/.  I think you would get better resolution there, but posting questions here is okay too.  The website is their business; this forum is just for discussion.  If you are already a customer, use support@gawminers.com.  It's hard to expect a direct reply to everything posted on this forum.

Quote from: GAW Miners
We will work with our shipping companies to we reduce the shipping price even farther. If we are able to reduce it, ANY orders placed within the next 30 days will be credited the difference in the shipping reduction.

I'm looking forward to taking deliver of my hosted miners in the near future. They have already said they will try to reduce shipping costs, and compensate anyone already paying for shipping if they do.

******ASICMINER T U B E - The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far. DISCOVER NOW !!!******
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735728.0/
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 06:47:00 PM

Thanks for all the feedback here. We are thrilled to see an active discussion around our company.

I want to take some time to address the points that have been raised. I will do the best I can to address them all.

Credit card fees: We have not charged a single customer and have made the decision to charge the same amount no matter how a customer pays.

Shipping Location: We were blown away with the response from our launch day. We sold every piece of stock in our USA warehouse; even the back up stock we had! As a contingency plan, we created a partnership to have hardware shipped from our Chinese warehouse the same day. We had to use that plan as a result of the volume we got. Once our USA supplies refill, we will be shipping from the USA again (this week). In either case, you will get your hardware at the same time.

Shipping Cost: We will have an announcement on this soon. You will be pleased.

Same Day shipping: Naturally, we would love to be able to compare to a company like Amazon, we are not quite there yet Smiley.  Even with 400% more orders than we anticipated, we got most orders out the same day, and most the next (today). But you're right, the bar for us should be high and we will meet and exceed expectations.

Stay tuned, some great new things coming Smiley

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
httpcore

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 06:49:03 PM

A lot and I mean a lot of new users posting positive things about this company. I'm certain they're legit but a lot of shilling is happening... Mods should clean up this thread.

Also please note, they charge a $20 unrack and ship fee per hosted miner. There pricing is all over the price... I've decided to go with a different reseller.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8989

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 06:55:47 PM

A lot and I mean a lot of new users posting positive things about this company. I'm certain they're legit but a lot of shilling is happening... Mods should clean up this thread.

Also please note, they charge a $20 unrack and ship fee per hosted miner. There pricing is all over the price... I've decided to go with a different reseller.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, how is that different from the regular $20 shipping fee, which - albeit universally disliked here - applies to purchased miners?
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:00:15 PM

Hello, what kind of shipping do you provide to Canada and through whar carrier?
I try to avoid getting anything sent from out of contry through anyone who does not make a switch over to canada post. If at all I can help it I prefer USPS as UPS, DHL, ect all charge retarded ridiculous brokerage fees.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: