Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:10:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's in the game, after all?  (Read 4793 times)
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 05:10:12 PM

In my opinion, gambling is one way to get away with boredom, it is like entertaining yourself and at the same time, you're getting monetary rewards if you're lucky. Every one of us look at gambling differently some gamble because of the reason that it can be a good way to earn big money right away but some gamble just to have fun and entertain themselves, regardless of how we look at it it should be done in moderation as to avoid unnecessary losses.
Gambling is aiming for money, we can play games for boredom or other activities that will not require money. But since we wanted while we're playing is that there is still money that may involve as earning so gambling happens. We just need only to know how to discipline ourselves when we're playing it.
Or else for personal choice. Whereby the person make up their mind not to fume or get discouraged nor frustrated when they lose in a game. One can make gambling all about the fun but I believe this will not be for too long. Most times in gambling we lose more than we gain, there is no way one will be deriving fun and amusement when they are losing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 03:26:04 AM

Then it's contradictory to the idea of being a stress-relief if you would be more stressed on worrying about winning or losing. Don't get me wrong everyone wants to win, but to what extent do we consider it as having fun?

The interesting thing is that we are not interested (I like this turn of phrase) in playing games where we can't lose anything. As I pointed out earlier in the thread, we could play the same dice using the test mode of a gambling bot (e.g. Seuntjies DiceBot), but I don't think we would get a lot of pleasure out of this activity. And now we have two extremes. At one extreme, we must expect to lose something in order to make a game interesting to us, and, at the other extreme, losses can be quite worrying and far from being fun (let alone being a stress-reliever)

Winning (or should I say having a win-streak) is like feeding our own ego. From a positive perspective, it gives us confidence that makes our decision more decisive than usual and trusting whatever that may be. In contrast, it makes us cocky and temporarily forgets that there's a possibility to lose, after all, gambling is not biased to anyone. At some point, it could make you the role of a king, but at the same time, it could make you the role of a beggar. And by that, I hardly think gambling could be a stress-reliever to the majority of people.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2020, 03:35:18 AM

Then it's contradictory to the idea of being a stress-relief if you would be more stressed on worrying about winning or losing. Don't get me wrong everyone wants to win, but to what extent do we consider it as having fun?

The interesting thing is that we are not interested (I like this turn of phrase) in playing games where we can't lose anything. As I pointed out earlier in the thread, we could play the same dice using the test mode of a gambling bot (e.g. Seuntjies DiceBot), but I don't think we would get a lot of pleasure out of this activity. And now we have two extremes. At one extreme, we must expect to lose something in order to make a game interesting to us, and, at the other extreme, losses can be quite worrying and far from being fun (let alone being a stress-reliever)

Winning (or should I say having a win-streak) is like feeding our own ego. From a positive perspective, it gives us confidence that makes our decision more decisive than usual and trusting whatever that may be. In contrast, it makes us cocky and temporarily forgets that there's a possibility to lose, after all, gambling is not biased to anyone

Yes, wins definitely rub our egos

At some point, it could make you the role of a king, but at the same time, it could make you the role of a beggar. And by that, I hardly think gambling could be a stress-reliever to the majority of people

That point also bothers me

Deep inside, somehow I don't buy into this theory about gambling being a stress-reliever in general. On the contrary, I'd rather say it gives us an adrenaline rush which makes us feel alive (again) when we feel bored. Put differently, there is no relief of stress as our inner and subconscious longings for gambling are more about receiving some portion of stress instead of getting rid of it. Whether you can control the amount of this stress and keep it manageable is another question, though

Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 07:51:41 AM

What is exactly meant and understood by this "personal enjoyment" generic category?
Yeah, quite confusing this but for sure, it's totally something self pleasure when doing gambling, more entertaining our ownselfs.
honestly I get pleasure when I play poker because I like strategy games, maybe the fun side of poker is that this game really doesn't depend on luck. but in other types of games such as pure luck, I don't get the pleasure of every play, in my opinion, only victory makes us happy. but it is indeed difficult to gauge the level of pleasure of others, maybe for them it is fun, and vice versa for me it's normal.
Maybe it is the joy one person feels whenever he experience winning. In any form of gambling whether it is pure luck or strategical, losing is more certain and more expected before even playing the game. Although winning do not happen often, small time win is enough for the gamblers to continue such activity which makes gambling an addicting activity. Good thing is that there are still people who just enjoy the game itself and not the profit from doing so. It is just matter of a gambler's mindset of what would make him stay to the 'game'.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 08:46:54 AM

In my opinion, gambling is one way to get away with boredom, it is like entertaining yourself and at the same time, you're getting monetary rewards if you're lucky. Every one of us look at gambling differently some gamble because of the reason that it can be a good way to earn big money right away but some gamble just to have fun and entertain themselves, regardless of how we look at it it should be done in moderation as to avoid unnecessary losses.
Gambling is aiming for money, we can play games for boredom or other activities that will not require money. But since we wanted while we're playing is that there is still money that may involve as earning so gambling happens. We just need only to know how to discipline ourselves when we're playing it.
Or else for personal choice. Whereby the person make up their mind not to fume or get discouraged nor frustrated when they lose in a game. One can make gambling all about the fun but I believe this will not be for too long. Most times in gambling we lose more than we gain, there is no way one will be deriving fun and amusement when they are losing.

Well, some say winning or losing doesn't bother them. I guess they mean the fun/entertainment part helps counter any negative mood that results from losing. The "mood" is probably there to discourage us from gambling continuously... Suppressing it with something the victim is probably not aware of, is not a good idea.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 02:38:11 PM

At some point, it could make you the role of a king, but at the same time, it could make you the role of a beggar. And by that, I hardly think gambling could be a stress-reliever to the majority of people

That point also bothers me

Deep inside, somehow I don't buy into this theory about gambling being a stress-reliever in general. On the contrary, I'd rather say it gives us an adrenaline rush which makes us feel alive (again) when we feel bored. Put differently, there is no relief of stress as our inner and subconscious longings for gambling are more about receiving some portion of stress instead of getting rid of it. Whether you can control the amount of this stress and keep it manageable is another question, though

That is exactly the most common mistake of the gamblers are committing every day of their lives. Let me give another example, let's say there is a rich guy who is bored if making too much money, or let's say he is bored of everything, so he wanted to spice things up a little bit in his life, so the first thing that come up to his mind is gambling, and then he gambled, either he lose or win (but losses most of the time), and that goes the same to a regular guy who makes average salary for a living.

The whole point here is that, we only have one thing in mind to cure our boredom, and treated gambling as an entertainment even though it is not, we are just convincing ourselves it is because we are out of option, or too scared try other things out. I think we have to come out of our comfort zone in order to avoid the consequence we might face when we plays gambling.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2020, 02:51:25 PM

The whole point here is that, we only have one thing in mind to cure our boredom, and treated gambling as an entertainment even though it is not, we are just convincing ourselves it is because we are out of option, or too scared try other things out. I think we have to come out of our comfort zone in order to avoid the consequence we might face when we plays gambling

I'd say it depends

Indeed, if you have serious psychological problems in life (like depression or whatever), gambling is not a solution to such problems as it neither solves them nor alleviates them (if only temporarily). But just like with drugs treating anxiety, stress or depression, it can buy you time and give you a push in the right direction to deal with your problems in a genuinely constructive and purposeful way. Whether you actually use this possibility to that effect or simply become addicted (like with drugs) depends entirely on you

Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 02:51:37 PM

Well, some say winning or losing doesn't bother them. I guess they mean the fun/entertainment part helps counter any negative mood that results from losing. The "mood" is probably there to discourage us from gambling continuously... Suppressing it with something the victim is probably not aware of, is not a good idea.
There are really gamblers who finds gambling as an entertainment and for leisure time that it really does not bothers them if they always lose and win in gambling maybe because they don't have other things to do other than playing gambling. It is the reason why most elders who always gambles because they are finding other ways to enjoy and have fun in their old age.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2020, 04:07:46 PM

To be explicit and begin with, by gambling I mean playing only the games of chance (think dice here), i.e. games where your skill doesn't matter, where the outcome is determined by luck alone
(......)
For me, in gambling, it's not totally luck alone.
It also comes with your emotion doing in gambling, like in trading, has risk management.
What is exactly meant and understood by this "personal enjoyment" generic category?
Yeah, quite confusing this but for sure, it's totally something self pleasure when doing gambling, more entertaining our ownselfs

Self satisfaction is sometimes the reason why people gambled. They can feel the joy and contentment when they play, it is somehow a challenge for them too it makes them to think wisely and make some good analysis, it is effective on me too. But if I feel that I am not in the mood at all, I will not play I am keeping myself away from the laptop or any devices that can use to gamble because it is not good to play when emotionally unstable.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 04:19:50 PM

To be explicit and begin with, by gambling I mean playing only the games of chance (think dice here), i.e. games where your skill doesn't matter, where the outcome is determined by luck alone
(......)
It also comes with your emotion doing in gambling, like in trading, has risk management.
Yeah, quite confusing this but for sure, it's totally something self pleasure when doing gambling, more entertaining our ownselfs

Self satisfaction is sometimes the reason why people gambled. They can feel the joy and contentment when they play, it is somehow a challenge for them too it makes them to think wisely and make some good analysis, it is effective on me too. But if I feel that I am not in the mood at all, I will not play I am keeping myself away from the laptop or any devices that can use to gamble because it is not good to play when emotionally unstable.
Both entertainment and profit is most of the user's main reason in gambling since it was both entertaining and also you could earn profit in gambling it is a great pass time for a lot of people at the same time you could also win a profit. Most of the time that I play in gambling my only goal is go gain a profit because I think this is all gambling is all about that is why a lot of people is putting big money on the line here in gambling.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 05:14:13 PM

(......)

Self satisfaction is sometimes the reason why people gambled. They can feel the joy and contentment when they play, it is somehow a challenge for them too it makes them to think wisely and make some good analysis

Is it? too much sarcasm on that.

I mean, on the other side of this gambling opinion we each have, I think it don't help them to "think wisely and some good analysis" as you were saying, because if it really is, then why in the first place they are playing in gambling, if they good at it, then why they can't analyze the fact that gambling was not a game where you could earn money just by your optimism that you could pull some trick and surprise, you win, NO, it is not.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 04:50:10 PM

Deep inside, somehow I don't buy into this theory about gambling being a stress-reliever in general. On the contrary, I'd rather say it gives us an adrenaline rush which makes us feel alive (again) when we feel bored. Put differently, there is no relief of stress as our inner and subconscious longings for gambling are more about receiving some portion of stress instead of getting rid of it.

Well, by that, should we be really categorize gambling as means of entertainment? To some extent maybe? But I agree, it could never be a form of stress-relief, as long as an activity involves risks (losing money, or losing in general) I don't think that could relieve any stress at all. It could result in some pretty nasty poison in our minds: anxiety, depression, desperation, etc.

Whether you can control the amount of this stress and keep it manageable is another question, though

Agreed. I think the true stress-relieving activity is when it rewards you relaxation, instead of clinging to something that may make you feel worse than you already are.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 06:56:02 AM

The whole point here is that, we only have one thing in mind to cure our boredom, and treated gambling as an entertainment even though it is not, we are just convincing ourselves it is because we are out of option, or too scared try other things out. I think we have to come out of our comfort zone in order to avoid the consequence we might face when we plays gambling.

I highly think that gambling is quite more scary than trying other things out. If you aren't totally into the world of gambling and you wish to try it some times for a profit, it is quite easier to apply for a job, than to spend money in gambling knowing that you aren't gonna win in a 100 percent chance. Though, there are people who still play because they are brave enough to accept losses in return of the chance to win allot which is the primary reason why it is addictive.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2020, 07:45:05 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2020, 09:05:00 AM by deisik

Deep inside, somehow I don't buy into this theory about gambling being a stress-reliever in general. On the contrary, I'd rather say it gives us an adrenaline rush which makes us feel alive (again) when we feel bored. Put differently, there is no relief of stress as our inner and subconscious longings for gambling are more about receiving some portion of stress instead of getting rid of it.

Well, by that, should we be really categorize gambling as means of entertainment? To some extent maybe? But I agree, it could never be a form of stress-relief, as long as an activity involves risks (losing money, or losing in general) I don't think that could relieve any stress at all. It could result in some pretty nasty poison in our minds: anxiety, depression, desperation, etc.

That ultimately depends on your attitude

I mean, if you are looking at gambling as an opportunity to "get rich fast", you obviously won't think of it as a form of entertainment. It will be more like a job to you, so you won't feel so much joy and fun. And even if you earn something in the process (which is a big if but still), you will feel something more like satisfaction, the kind of feeling you experience after you have finished some hard job with a meaningful result

As I see it now, the point of gambling (as in gambling per se and not some kind of an odd or even regular job) is in fact to give you some stress at first, and then provide an experience of relief from that stress. If you win, then you will feel that relief. If you lose, it again depends on your overall attitude as the loss could actually bring you even more stress. And then you start chasing losses and get into the stress spiral

Whether you can control the amount of this stress and keep it manageable is another question, though

Agreed. I think the true stress-relieving activity is when it rewards you relaxation, instead of clinging to something that may make you feel worse than you already are

It works in the way described above. With gambling, you at first intentionally work yourself up (before the bet) and then quiet down (after the bet). It is this cycle that makes gambling so attractive because we are wired that way to feel alive. We need both stress and stress relief at the end of the day

AicecreaME

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 08:53:57 AM

The whole point here is that, we only have one thing in mind to cure our boredom, and treated gambling as an entertainment even though it is not, we are just convincing ourselves it is because we are out of option, or too scared try other things out. I think we have to come out of our comfort zone in order to avoid the consequence we might face when we plays gambling

I'd say it depends

Indeed, if you have serious psychological problems in life (like depression or whatever), gambling is not a solution to such problems as it neither solves them nor alleviates them (if only temporarily). But just like with drugs treating anxiety, stress or depression, it can buy you time and give you a push in the right direction to deal with your problems in a genuinely constructive and purposeful way. Whether you actually use this possibility to that effect or simply become addicted (like with drugs) depends entirely on you

That make sense, but also that is the problem that other people being misunderstood about gambling, they think it is addicting but it is them who lacks in a very good mindset towards gambling, or in general. They are playing gambling for the money and doesn't have any goal that is beneficial to them, like being more decisive when it is need, or being good in realization once they commit something really bad, like losing a huge amount of funds.

What they are doing mostly is that they will only take precautions once the damage is done already to them, that is why they always get stuck in a pit where they suffer.
Betwrong
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2144

I stand with Ukraine.

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 02:31:11 PM

~
There are really gamblers who finds gambling as an entertainment and for leisure time that it really does not bothers them if they always lose and win in gambling maybe because they don't have other things to do other than playing gambling. It is the reason why most elders who always gambles because they are finding other ways to enjoy and have fun in their old age.

It's true in some cases, but not always. I would even say, it's mostly not true. According to stats(you can google "how many people gamble", and see it yourself), "approximately 1.6 billion people gamble during any given year". I think it means that most of the gamblers have jobs to do, and they gamble during their spare time only. Of course, everyone wants to win, somewhere deep down inside, same as an amateur musician secretly wishes a million views to his video he's uploading on YouTube. But we don't always win, and it's not a big tragedy as long as we are not putting at stake more than we can afford to lose.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2020, 07:41:43 PM

I highly think that gambling is quite more scary than trying other things out. If you aren't totally into the world of gambling and you wish to try it some times for a profit, it is quite easier to apply for a job, than to spend money in gambling knowing that you aren't gonna win in a 100 percent chance. Though, there are people who still play because they are brave enough to accept losses in return of the chance to win allot which is the primary reason why it is addictive.
It will help you a lot once you learn how to gamble, it is for enjoyment and also to create money. But I am not recommending gamble to be taken as a full time job, you may only do it if you dont have any work that is needed to be done. To avoid too  much losses better not to gamble when you are tired and sad it will higher the risk of losing too much.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 10:09:15 PM

I think that there's a sense of relief. For me gambling with small money is boring and a way to kill time. Like a person playing solitaire feels relaxed and it distracts them but also keeps the brain engaged. Sometimes that's what you need.

When you gamble with big money it's like walking over the edge. You feel a rush of adrenaline aabd a bit of panic and then the outcome comes and brings relief. Sometimes after that relief there's disappointment but you don't gamble for that. You gamble for that rush and relief.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 10:19:48 PM

I think that there's a sense of relief. For me gambling with small money is boring and a way to kill time. Like a person playing solitaire feels relaxed and it distracts them but also keeps the brain engaged. Sometimes that's what you need.

When you gamble with big money it's like walking over the edge. You feel a rush of adrenaline aabd a bit of panic and then the outcome comes and brings relief. Sometimes after that relief there's disappointment but you don't gamble for that. You gamble for that rush and relief.

Exactly right! If you are just using small amount of money, it is like you are ready to lose it all as long as you enjoy that moment and have fun. But if you are already gambling a pretty decent amount of money, it is not only for enjoyment but deep inside you, you want something in return. The excitement is there, whether you win or lose, and the focus is more intense if the money involved is bigger than what you normally bet.
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 1413

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2020, 11:56:10 PM

1.6 billion people is alot of money whatever their doing and when it involves possible absolute loss or expenditure with low costs to provide that game, thats alot of potential profits involved with gambling.   Nice business if you can get the customers, no doubt about it and apparently its recession proof.   I dont know how that works but I guess more people might play to get out of being poor possibly.
    The main motivation for the people is same as any risk in life, its part of our instinct to take a risk to hunt or whatever activity might get us a profit on our daily efforts.    In this case people need to realise its just a simulation mostly and it is hard to always beat these games and come out on top but thats the main attraction I see, that for thousands of years humans have discovered opportunities via a process of curiosity and play.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄