Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:08:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176697 times)
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:19:27 PM

Lets do shitcoin giveaways right here.

Sure thing... Everyone post your DOTACOIN address for an epic giveaway.

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:42:34 PM

Okay just to warm up the shitcoin release machine with an absolutely horrible release... heres a coin. Its innovative, the first of its kind (except for the other ones), offers many coins to your dogeass..

Introducing Tradecoin.

Source code: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jklls3sbx71rwyo/tradecoin-src.zip

DAEMON: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc09r7xit4ehggr/tradecoind.exe

QT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ee9xpxs5745g105/tradecoin-qt.exe

ps... this is a real coin, make u rich trollz

Exchanges:

Please vote for us on Cryptsy!

Cmon guyz this is the best coin yet, dont miss out!

{
"blocks" : 306,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00024414,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 3336,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:59:28 PM

Many people are going to have different definitions of what a scamcoin is; mine is simply any coins where it is painfully obvious that the main purpose of creation was to make the dev fiat.

shitcoin; a bad copy paste clone that the "dev" has no idea on how to keep functioning longterm.

DLow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:59:59 PM

Okay just to warm up the shitcoin release machine with an absolutely horrible release... heres a coin. Its innovative, the first of its kind (except for the other ones), offers many coins to your dogeass..

Introducing Tradecoin.

Source code: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jklls3sbx71rwyo/tradecoin-src.zip

DAEMON: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc09r7xit4ehggr/tradecoind.exe

QT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ee9xpxs5745g105/tradecoin-qt.exe

ps... this is a real coin, make u rich trollz

Exchanges:

Please vote for us on Cryptsy!

Cmon guyz this is the best coin yet, dont miss out!

{
"blocks" : 306,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00024414,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 3336,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false

damn, gotta get in on that!
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:01:10 PM

You wanna' add Bitcoin itself to your shitcoin list?

1. Lost half it's value since November 2013.
2. Promises from old timers that "I'll go back up, don't worry".
3. Small pumps but hasn't retraced losses.
4. Biggest exchange goes tits up, looks like massive fraud and incompetence.

supposing you're right about these points.  these 4 points still don't fit the criteria of 'shitcoin'.

1. bitcoin is older than 8 months.
2. bitcoin was the innovator. 
3. bitcoin was not an IPO.
4. bitcoin was not premined greater than 1%
5. bitcoin developers actually know what the fuck they're doing, and how it works.
6. bitcoin clearly has backers with intention to develop bitcoin further. 

This thread discusses coins that fall into those categories, not just coins you personally don't have a large stake in. 

But here's one thing you must understand: You can't put the Jennie back in the bottle. You can't go back to the "good old days of BitCoin".
nobody's talking about jennie, or her bottle.  and we don't have to go back, these ARE the 'good old days of BitCoin".  enjoy it while it lasts.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:09:06 PM

Personally the 2 types I think should first go from this forum; IPOs and self declared currencies of a particular region.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:12:30 PM

You wanna' add Bitcoin itself to your shitcoin list?

1. Lost half it's value since November 2013.
2. Promises from old timers that "I'll go back up, don't worry".
3. Small pumps but hasn't retraced losses.
4. Biggest exchange goes tits up, looks like massive fraud and incompetence.

+1
I missed the bitcoin train, and yesterday tried to mine the whole day didn't get one block lol whatta scam! Also transactions are shit slow whatta shitcoin I suggest we take it down ima get my radeon 280x ddos powers right on it.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:17:08 PM

I appreciate you starting this 'revolution' however I really dont think me wearing a t-shirt & removing my shitcoin buy orders (of which I have none anyway) is going to change a thing.

Good luck tho anyway

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:25:37 AM

This is the most depressing forum i've read since i joined here not too long ago. So, a small group of people with vested interests are going to play god and decide the fate of coins rather than letting the people decide? Uh.. Sounds similar to the government...

teamlottowin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 12:33:12 AM

This is the most depressing forum i've read since i joined here not too long ago. So, a small group of people with vested interests are going to play god and decide the fate of coins rather than letting the people decide? Uh.. Sounds similar to the government...

It's all fun and games

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:42:04 AM

If that vested interest means the survival of the alt coins and less scams, sounds fine to me.

btw the plan is to let the people decide, but mostly the senior members who are more interested in cryptos surviving then making fiat.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:45:56 AM

They are interested in wiping out coins they see doing well, such as Black Coin, so their own dead shitcoins can be revived.
stormia

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:51:25 AM

It's all fun and games

Destroying people's investments while claiming to be doing them a service? Fun and games for the person doing the smashing, I suppose, if you are sadistic enough.

I definitely understand the concern about scamcoins, I've already fallen victim to a few since I joined the crypto world (PANDA and MAZA) and I learned my lesson about IPOs and "sovereign state" coins. That hasn't discouraged me from continuing on trying to find a new coin which actually has potential, if anything it has made me smarter and better at picking out good investment.

Wouldn't it make more sense to take a preventive stance towards this? Rather than destroying what innocent people have already invested in, shouldn't there be a way to prevent or at least curtail the creation of said coins before they can claim victims? Destroying a "scam" coin after people have already invested in it only hurts the victims even more (sure you take down the rotten dev but you also take down a lot of innocent people- or, what if when you destroy said coin the dev has already run away with his btc and the only people left to be burned are innocent bagholders. Seems like the chances are if it is a real scam the dev would be pretty quick to get out leaving only innocents behind, right?).

Anyways, now I have an additional reason to fear for any future investments in altcoins- what if the new coin i decide to buy into next is labelled a scam coin in the near future (whether or not it is actually a "scam" because based on what I am reading here the definition of "scam" seems rather ambiguous and varies depending on who you ask and what their motives are)? Seems like the only safe thing to do is buy into established coins or ones which don't meet the prerequisites for being a scam... oh wait, I think that might be the motive of the people who are doing this...
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:58:55 AM

I've said this many times in the past. The solution to the shit-coin problem is simple. Employ an options style system that is used for pre-mines.
This would not involve "attacking" anyone's coins or pools, and would still allow the freedom that open source projects are supposed to thrive on.

Essentially a dev creates a coin and premines 0.125% of total coins in block 2.  From 25% to 50% of them are fair game depending on the innovation that the coin provides and can be sold whenever to pay for the cost of actually developing the coin. Anyone that thinks the dev should not be paid for their hard work is taking the extreme position on the other side after all.  The rest should be frozen for 6 months at least.

This would be the same as company options that are issued to CEO's, etc., during an IPO.  If Larry Page and Sergey Brin sold all of their Google stock within the first 2 weeks that GOOG went public, Google would no longer exist. Yet this happens on the regular with shit coins around here. The community needs to have the same intelligence when it comes to any coin that is released. Satoshi has not spent ANY of the almost 1M coins that he/she mined, so there's also that  Wink

What is happening now is fraud and corruption; nothing else.   
In my opinion, that seems to be what the OP wants to destroy and I support that position fully.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:10:40 AM

What is happening now is fraud and corruption; nothing else.   
In my opinion, that seems to be what the OP wants to destroy and I support that position fully.

Yes what people are misunderstanding, is that its not about killing coins we don't like, but cleaning up and preventing fraud, many newbies who have fallen for these frauds are going to lash out against the cleanup of fraud.

However if you invest in coins with decent devs and communities you have nothing to fear.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:12:55 AM

so their own dead shitcoins can be revived.

hence the choice of senior members; whos coin choices are doing pretty damn good Wink
stormia

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:15:05 AM

Is there a forum, list, or something where somebody reputable and honest will give you an educated opinion on whether or not a coin is a scam? That would be very helpful.
teamlottowin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 01:18:06 AM

Remember someone has to loose in order for you to win .. we can't all be winners ...

It's all fun and games

Destroying people's investments while claiming to be doing them a service? Fun and games for the person doing the smashing, I suppose, if you are sadistic enough.

I definitely understand the concern about scamcoins, I've already fallen victim to a few since I joined the crypto world (PANDA and MAZA) and I learned my lesson about IPOs and "sovereign state" coins. That hasn't discouraged me from continuing on trying to find a new coin which actually has potential, if anything it has made me smarter and better at picking out good investment.

Wouldn't it make more sense to take a preventive stance towards this? Rather than destroying what innocent people have already invested in, shouldn't there be a way to prevent or at least curtail the creation of said coins before they can claim victims? Destroying a "scam" coin after people have already invested in it only hurts the victims even more (sure you take down the rotten dev but you also take down a lot of innocent people- or, what if when you destroy said coin the dev has already run away with his btc and the only people left to be burned are innocent bagholders. Seems like the chances are if it is a real scam the dev would be pretty quick to get out leaving only innocents behind, right?).

Anyways, now I have an additional reason to fear for any future investments in altcoins- what if the new coin i decide to buy into next is labelled a scam coin in the near future (whether or not it is actually a "scam" because based on what I am reading here the definition of "scam" seems rather ambiguous and varies depending on who you ask and what their motives are)? Seems like the only safe thing to do is buy into established coins or ones which don't meet the prerequisites for being a scam... oh wait, I think that might be the motive of the people who are doing this...

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
drippx

Activity: 539
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:28:20 AM

Dumb thread, why not go after actual scams thats happening, like some exchanges for instance that have, from what I heard coinexpw, coinmarketio and others

Looks like you want to "control" which coins are going to be popular, always someone trying to control things
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:30:26 AM

Remember someone has to loose in order for you to win .. we can't all be winners ...
Not in the crypto scene where money is pulled out of thin air. Putting aside the dubious morality and the fact that is not sustainable to inflate above a certain point, it's retarded beyond belief that such an opportunity is killed with scammers!

People can even destroy the process of generating "value" out of nothing! A community needs to be of a special kind of stupid to pull this off. It's fucking unreal!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: