Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:09:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176694 times)
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:49:45 PM

Another thought,

probably the only way to end scamming is for individuals to have to use real names on the forum and other venues associated with the crypto community. That and a way require verifiable ID to process transactions.

That's actually a wonderful idea, has no one thought of this yet??  Or it's probably not an easy task to implement?

ingenious.

Either way, +1.

Any technical challenges are merely opportunities for development.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:51:29 PM

Another thought,

probably the only way to end scamming is for individuals to have to use real names on the forum and other venues associated with the crypto community. That and a way require verifiable ID to process transactions.

That's the only way to really shine the light of day on who is doing what.

A good start would be to permaban users of sockpuppet accounts when discovered on this forum. Everyone who uses them is acting under false pretenses. That is the only verifiable fraud I've personally witnessed in regard to altcoins.

Just some food for thought.

+1. i think thats a great idea. better than my idea of attacking coins, and it destroys no ones investments. win win.

I think it may be a possible solution to the issue of fraud, which is very real. We can certainly all agree on that.

I bet people would be alot nicer on here too if they had to post as their real name.

I have done and always will use my real name as hiding behind a fake name is not the best way to do thing if you have nothing to hide

mgburks77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:53:53 PM

Another thought,

A good start would be to permaban users of sockpuppet accounts when discovered on this forum. Everyone who uses them is acting under false pretenses. That is the only verifiable fraud I've personally witnessed in regard to altcoins.

+1. i think thats a great idea. better than my idea of attacking coins, and it destroys no ones investments. win win.

I think it may be a possible solution to the issue of fraud, which is very real. We can certainly all agree on that.

I bet people would be alot nicer on here too if they had to post as their real name.

I have done and always will use my real name as hiding behind a fake name is not the best way to do thing if you have nothing to hide

My handle is my real name as well
mgburks77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:06:43 PM

Another thought,

Hacker/Scammer can still fake/steal identity, it would not even make a difference to this scam game

The developers that exceed this technical hurdle is going to write their own ticket. Not just in cryptos, but on the internet in general and in real word applications. Verifiable ID is the best vector to attack the issues of security and trustlessness.

Consider,

Verifiable ID is really the only way a truly trustless system can be possible. Everyone needs to be able to trust the technical solution is unbeatable, or so difficult to defeat it is not worth it, and not have to trust the other individual in the transaction.

Cryptography is the only human discipline I know that can resolve this issue, and it is much larger than just currency alone. It could solve the riddle of a decentralized social order once and for all.

flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:12:33 PM

Finally an intelligent thread in the altcoin section!
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:23:42 PM

Another thought,

Hacker/Scammer can still fake/steal identity, it would not even make a difference to this scam game

The developers that exceed this technical hurdle is going to write their own ticket. Not just in cryptos, but on the internet in general and in real word applications. Verifiable ID is the best vector to attack the issues of security and trustlessness.

Consider,

Verifiable ID is really the only way a truly trustless system can be possible. Everyone needs to be able to trust the technical solution is unbeatable, or so difficult to defeat it is not worth it, and not have to trust the other individual in the transaction.

Cryptography is the only human discipline I know that can resolve this issue, and it is much larger than just currency alone. It could solve the riddle of a decentralized social order once and for all.

dude, keep the thoughts coming! you're on a roll man!

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
mgburks77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:52:31 PM

also a good indication of why a trustless system is a necessity.

Personal relations are too volatile.  Grin
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:58:08 PM

How about a federation/foundation/whatever that provides seals of approval for coins that are, well, not shit?

OP has some great guidelines and isn't the very existence of these shitcoins the writing on the wall it's time to consolidate? Sure it's also possible to ignore shitcoins but that's only  possible for those who know about their existence, or rather 'status'. There are still enough schnooks out there who will get suckered into these coins and subsequently lose faith in cryptocurrency.

The scamming has to stop, and it will soon because of efforts like this thread. I say from this thread great developments will follow that'll lead up to the first, and foremost?, watchdog in Cryptoland.

If you need a Dutch representative just pm me Smiley

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:09:36 PM

I deal in art and antiques and spoke with my brother a little while back about the need for this.  It would be similar to how physical collector coins are graded.
mgburks77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:16:44 PM

that's a central authority dispensing "authenticity", that sort of system is almost immediately compromised from the start
mgburks77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:24:05 PM

where the rubber hits the road is whether or not someone is willing to let the character of their dealings be known to the public, as far as reducing scamming to negligible levels goes.

of course the nature of society at large has to change too. If everything was transparent and above board there would be no legitimate reason to hide identity. In the real system we face today there are many legitimate reasons to hide identity.

So it's a question of social evolution, and not just a technical hurdle. Trustless systems will allow decentralized society, but until society can be trusted not to oppress a decentralized solution isn't really workable.

This is why I was hopeful for the prospects presented by cryptocurrency. They could be one way to bridge the conceptual gap that exists between the security of authoritarian society and the freedom of a decentralized social order.
dotcoin.info

Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:26:49 PM

i am in.  please list all the shitcoin and kick out of btt

lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:30:46 PM

This coming from a guy who has MANY aliases posting on this forum and likely in this very thread.  Like I told you in our conversation, you're doing more harm to this fight than good.  Nobody wants to join in a battle with someone they don't trust to not shoot them in the back.

sacskate

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:31:02 PM

What about the idea of a new forum, with mods who care about alt coins. A new exchange, with mods who care about alt coins. I'm not sure we can do much about the current scene of alts, but maybe we can create an alt scene for alt coins. It would be way easier to start from scratch than  to try and fix the current scene. A centralized exchange and forum run but a board of voted in members. Then a voting system to allow coins to be launched on the forum and then another to be added to the exchange. Any thoughts?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:36:08 PM

i was brain storming an idea last night trying to think of solutions to some of the general coin issues
and i came up with the idea of having a License system in place for miners for a new and improved coin.
where as it could help prevent and deter guys running massive botnets etc..
in reality pools offer little but a massive advantage for botnets. we shoudln't be using them in the first place.. they have become common and accepted sadly.
The original intention was to have the Milk Crate guys sitting at home mining keeping the network alive.. pushing tx's etc.
and i do not subscribe to this theory that asics are great and keep coins alive.. i think its bs from Asic guys making up crap to justify their position and income.
Bottom line is while we sit here and bicker about scammy Altcoins the big players have walked in and seized control of Bitcoin itself rendering all the little guys as outsiders
and it concerned me how the guy on a recent coindesk story / interview running a mining farm worth millions for Bitcoin in Washington state USA, said
if Litcoin becomes more popular and worth more he will setup some multi million dollar mining op's for that too.

Guys there is no debate at all about the bad behavior.. sorry but its common knowledge and not even up for debate, it's simply a fact period.
Call me a hater or what ever ya ya stfu and go away.. your dumb excuses sound dumb congrats, you might as well post "hey i'm an idiot and I'm making excuses"
we see through your dumb bs clearly so don't even waste your breath.. we're busy thinking of wars to put a fork in you punks.. your done.. sooner or later.
Worried about your scamcoin investment ? simple solution for ya dipshits.. don't invest in stupid scammy coins.
you sunk money into AUR for example then your a moron.. when a coin breaks a record for largest premine ever and you say "take my money" then you deserve to drown.
no sympathy from me douche bags.. your greed is your demise, don't blame me, look in the mirror it's your own fault greedy pigs.

I've never made a coin and i have never wanted to but the community in general i think needs some innovation and we need to move forward.
Clinging to clones etc is ridiculous and any coin that has some IPO before or at Launch should have their accounts banned for life that is a newer level of scammy behavior
and i can rattle off probably a dozen scammy methods these corrupt greedy pricks use to scam us all and i am long sick and tired of the coin spammers
defending their coins with alt shell accounts and suckering in noobs with the temptation of making 1 bitcoin while the coin spammer make 100 bitcoins.
Game over jerks.. you ALL know who you are and there is a lot of people that are going to make sure you fail.
The best way to destroy the scammy garbage is to make a coin that is better.
I am not saying we need to attack and kill coins and i am saying we need to focus our brains on an alternative that entices people to want to part in it.
A constructive response is what i am suggesting and i don't care who is involved or their history so much as i am about whether they are interested in moving crypto forward long term.

I've had a bunch of ideas that revolve around the REAL problem.. Botnets and mega rich investors and huge massive mining operations.
THESE are the issues we need to be focused on.. they laugh at us and seize 99% control while we bicker about 'flappy coin' or what ever and they get even richer..
I envision a situation down the road where users are mining solo with a license to mine verified by other clients somehow maybe
and NO pools.. they offer nothing but a massive opportunity for rich people and botnets to exploit the networks.
Bottom line is a coin needs to be created that returns the power and control BACK to the people.. all of us smaller guys.
And it also should be Asic and Botnet resistant if possible and that is the best solution to stifle the crappy clones i think. (making a better alternative)
BUT if i can offer any hash power to attack some shit coins i would prob do it ..i have to admit i hate these scumbags and want to hold their heads under water.

Polish your turds scam coin devs copy paste kiddies and scam coin defenders.. while your doing that the smart people will be building something worth getting involved with
and THAT will steal away all your users.. all your traders, investors and miners etc will bolt leaving your shitcoins dead so fast you won't know what hit you.
make that turd shine pricks and exploit people as much as you can now while you can before the game ends.. time is running out on you greedy pricks.

and PS: we need a real Altcoin exchange Cryptsy etc is a god damn joke.. how the hell we can we have a shred of respect for an exchange that adds
any coin at all no matter how bad ? They have no criteria except "user demand" it seems and and user demand is the problem..
people will mine anything no matter how bad or from whom so leaving it up to them and even worse selling votes is just plain sick.
sadly most douches out there double click on the wallet .exe far before even thinking about who posted it, moron lemmings.
and the battle is between masked scammers hiding in the shadows vying for the support from these idiot lemmings and we will win because we're smarter..
hell maybe we can make a coin and fight scammy fire with fire ? why not make a new coin that is revolutionary and then get this angle..
Let's keep the source code private LOL
no more copy and paste Github repo's for you script kiddy greedy punk bitches hahaha
I'd gladly say screw the open source stuff if it kicks out the fucking faggots i wanna drown.. why share when its going to be abused so badly ? ..screw it !

You will know who is who when something is released and your sitting on the side line watching Wink
All i need myself is the right idea and i will start coding like a tsunami and have my 1 million'th program uploaded online.
my coding resume is loooooong i have made and posted a ton of code used by people across the globe for decades
but i don't do squat unless i have golden unique and useful idea.. I AM NOT A CLONER (like most dipshit scammer wannabe coder bitchs here)
The right light bulb goes off then look out.. my idea or some other guys new idea will catch fire and a waive will be unleashed.
who will it be ?
Gavin Anderson said about Satoshi's identity before something like he doesn't care who had the idea whether the person is good or evil
and i thought ya exactly!.. this isn't personal.. lets just come up with a better way and make it happen and MOVE FORWARD.
If anyone actually read this far down? i hope i inspired some people.. lol Wink we need new ideas and focus on what matters and we DO have a problem..
Look who owns and controls Bitcoin and look who controls Altcoins and when any ALT becomes profitable enough group A) the rich guys will take control from group B).
Then factor in the govt looming on all this crap.. we better get cracking on a new system and not re-posting Dog coin v2 or Franko v2 or DGB or insert scrypt coin name..
We wouldn't be bickering over Altcoins if the big guys didn't take over Bitcoin on us.. Satoshi created Bitcoin to fuck the governments and big banks and put control in the hands of the common man and they stole Bitcoin from us so we moved to ALTS and they can take any alt they want at any time too.. can you smell those Litecoin Asics ?
Lets look at the real problem please.

FUD first & ask questions later™
kache

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bored

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:40:06 PM

So, you wanna convince people to remove INCREDIBLY profitable coins with HUGE support?  Cheesy
Good luck.  Cheesy

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
sacskate

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:42:53 PM

What about the idea of a new forum, with mods who care about alt coins. A new exchange, with mods who care about alt coins. I'm not sure we can do much about the current scene of alts, but maybe we can create an alt scene for alt coins. It would be way easier to start from scratch than  to try and fix the current scene. A centralized exchange and forum run but a board of voted in members. Then a voting system to allow coins to be launched on the forum and then another to be added to the exchange. Any thoughts?

Before that you would need to convince Bitcointalk to close the altcoin section from their forum.
But as i know them they will not do that because they will lose lots of traffic to this site.

Not needed. This section would be looked at as the shithole of the scene, as long as the new exchange and forum only had good legit coins.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:43:08 PM

This seems like a great idea but I wonder if there can be any coins in the future that could actually be useful and don't want to discourage it's birth because of a bunch of useless coins.  Not a horrible idea but I think there just need to be some serious restrictions put in place to hinder useless coins being made imo.
r3wt

Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:44:14 PM

This coming from a guy who has MANY aliases posting on this forum and likely in this very thread.  Like I told you in our conversation, you're doing more harm to this fight than good.  Nobody wants to join in a battle with someone they don't trust to not shoot them in the back.

you're really digging at this point koontas. why don't you pm the mods and ask them how many "sockpuppets" i'm using. you really are a sad troll, i feel sorry for you.

i have aliases, doesn't mean i ever post with them. not really.

extortion
h4xx0r
ghostintheshellprompt
WikiLeaksLover

you can see they rarely post, if ever. cept extortion. i pull that one out for a good bit of trolling every once in a while.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:48:28 PM

why don't you pm the mods and ask them how many "sockpuppets" i'm using.

Suggesting this is actually a possibility says a lot about why your exchange ended up the way it did...

I don't even have to say anymore about you, you've already shown the forum your true colors.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: