Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:57:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176699 times)
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:57:35 PM

Bottom line is a coin needs to be created that returns the power and control BACK to the people.. all of us smaller guys.

can that happen with mining as it exists currently? It seems like it puts the market under the control of a guild of people who have worked to impose an extremely high cost of entry into this new economic system.

Great for miners, for sure. They are spinning gold from flax. But is it good to society at large? Does it solve the problems of central banking and a monopoly held by the controllers of a government backed currency that specifically designed to impose the external costs of production almost entirely on working people and the developing world? PoW coins can be captured by interests with enough computer power, such as the US Data facility in Utah that was recently brought on line. The entry of major financial players in btc has already happened. Between these guys and the .gov stash they have btc wrapped up.

So if you kill all altcoins, not just scams, you are killing the idea of cryptocurrency as a decentralized economic tool and putting it entirely into the hands of the guys who control fiat.

A better idea is to devise a technical solution that is truly trustless and provides the other characteristics of money if we want a truly decentralized currency. Then it is difficult or impossible to get away with a scam without facing repercussions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:58:45 PM

Evolve clone mutate survive - or die.

It will get even faster. There might the moment when 10 attempts of very similar approaches need to be tried out, to find the "final" currency.
If that stresses you, ignore it and do something else.

Do you really want to be heard screaming "I am too confused = this has to stop!" :-)

Yes, it IS confusing at the moment, for sure. But "forbid cleanout ban"  is an undercomplex answer. Might work in creationism but not in evolution.

Technical solutions!
Markets decide!
Pluralism!

Admittedly in this simple type of forum ... it is really very difficult. So: The bitcointalk.org software could be improved! Just an idea:

Instead of all coins equal to each other ... where each "shitcoin" gets as much attention as the cleverest, innovative, possible successor of USD :-)

What about:

Weighted importance of coins, by "discussion heat" multiplied by "market cap" multiplied by a "newness factor" multiplied by "number of wallet users" multiplied by ... (just an example, not thought through ...)

--> Coins which are not talked about / not used as money / do not bring innovation / are in the hands of very few people ...
... are not forbidden, but just disappear to the bottom (like reddit).  

What about search engine concepts?  Google is (apart from censorship) not forbidding - google is ranking low what seems less important.

no sign of a signature
drakoin

Activity: 826

see my profile

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:15:17 PM

Another idea for the bitcointalk.org forum software:

In the overview https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0 a new button "ignore this subject".

Then I can get rid of altogether ...
... what I think is a shitcoin.

no sign of a signature
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:19:57 PM

Another idea for the bitcointalk.org forum software:

In the overview https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0 a new button "ignore this subject".

Then I can get rid of altogether ...
... what I think is a shitcoin.

there's a good idea too. This thread has spawned several good ideas today. You could try posting something in Meta, but i don't think you'll get much of a response.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
FilipZ

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:22:12 PM

what a epic fail!

you remind me bankters or goverments, same idea, now WE will decide what is good for other people, becouse they don't know what is good for themself

coins are like humans, lots fo different coins, some of them are nice, or good, or hitech, or wrong or liying, but over all there is diversity, becouse its open wolrd

once, you will sort out this ''disgusting" coins are you willing sort out pepople too? Becouse they are different too, becouse they are not nice all, becouse they not fit your taste and there are more and more?

Each time im reading bullshits like this i can see only one number 1984

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬     
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 06:24:06 PM

I actually didn't need shill accounts. I only have this one and lottery tickets

I used Skype and email to get coins listed, not fake names

I helped rewt mine the repay block for NAN because I wanted to send it to Paul directly instead of watching rewt steal again and premine another re release of a premined premine, not because I like him because I clearly don't

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:25:58 PM

ETA on paysha bud?  i'm genuinely intrigued to see what kind of service you offer.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:35:01 PM

what a epic fail!

you remind me bankters or goverments, same idea, now WE will decide what is good for other people, becouse they don't know what is good for themself

coins are like humans, lots fo different coins, some of them are nice, or good, or hitech, or wrong or liying, but over all there is diversity, becouse its open wolrd

once, you will sort out this ''disgusting" coins are you willing sort out pepople too? Becouse they are different too, becouse they are not nice all, becouse they not fit your taste and there are more and more?

Yes, this thread and initiative has serious problems, discussed in it's pages.

Still, a large percentage of coin launches are plain criminality. Your suggestion is to do nothing?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 06:40:20 PM

ETA on paysha bud?  i'm genuinely intrigued to see what kind of service you offer.

Hopefully soon. All the legal shit is out of the way already though. We've got a private demo right now that is almost done. Once that is up we just have to test and test and test before we open it up for beta. We are already behind our schedule by a few weeks so we decided to just over test and find any holes since we are already late

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:10:52 PM

Another thought,

probably the only way to end scamming is for individuals to have to use real names on the forum and other venues associated with the crypto community. That and a way require verifiable ID to process transactions.

That's the only way to really shine the light of day on who is doing what.

A good start would be to permaban users of sockpuppet accounts when discovered on this forum. Everyone who uses them is acting under false pretenses. That is the only verifiable fraud I've personally witnessed in regard to altcoins.

Just some food for thought.

+1. i think thats a great idea. better than my idea of attacking coins, and it destroys no ones investments. win win.

I think it may be a possible solution to the issue of fraud, which is very real. We can certainly all agree on that.

I bet people would be alot nicer on here too if they had to post as their real name.

Agree. Suggested info needed:
- name
- address
- picture
- picture in Front Lat Spread pose
- bench press maximum
grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:26:54 PM

what a epic fail!

Yes, this thread and initiative has serious problems, discussed in it's pages.

Still, a large percentage of coin launches are plain criminality. Your suggestion is to do nothing?
+1
Or we can ignore the [Spam]Altcoin announcements section like i do
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:34:46 PM

Another thought,

probably the only way to end scamming is for individuals to have to use real names on the forum and other venues associated with the crypto community. That and a way require verifiable ID to process transactions.

That's the only way to really shine the light of day on who is doing what.

A good start would be to permaban users of sockpuppet accounts when discovered on this forum. Everyone who uses them is acting under false pretenses. That is the only verifiable fraud I've personally witnessed in regard to altcoins.

Just some food for thought.

+1. i think thats a great idea. better than my idea of attacking coins, and it destroys no ones investments. win win.

I think it may be a possible solution to the issue of fraud, which is very real. We can certainly all agree on that.

I bet people would be alot nicer on here too if they had to post as their real name.

Agree. Suggested info needed:
- name
- address
- picture
- picture in Front Lat Spread pose
- bench press maximum

maybe chl status as well, eh? lol
HwM

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:52:59 PM

So, any shitcoin getting crushed yet, or is it all talk?

Funding the Future With the Future of Currency.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:02:11 PM

This thread reminds me of old Vietnam war quote

"We had to destroy the village in order to save it!"
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:04:21 PM

Bitcoin Scrypt  Roll Eyes
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:31:30 PM

"We had to destroy the village in order to save it!"
more like, "we have to destroy the slum that exists around the village, because the lack of basic sanitation has caused an outbreak of cholera as people eat their own feces."

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:33:28 PM

Is Bitcoin Scrypt for real? This is just going to confuse mainstream public. Not good, not good at all
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:42:47 PM

Is Bitcoin Scrypt for real? This is just going to confuse mainstream public. Not good, not good at all

It's a really stupid idea
Ryota

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:46:23 PM

I support altcoins that are true, innovative and not premined to the shithouse. You are attempting to change the initial point of the OP, it is noted but not productive and accurate.

How exactly do the "true" devs get paid for their time and work?

Nobody work for free in this world and if you work for free it means that you do charity.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:53:59 PM

I support altcoins that are true, innovative and not premined to the shithouse. You are attempting to change the initial point of the OP, it is noted but not productive and accurate.

How exactly do the "true" devs get paid for their time and work?

Nobody work for free in this world and if you work for free it means that you do charity.

by mining also? Is it so difficult to understand it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: