Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:31:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176690 times)
teamlottowin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 01:36:00 AM

Remember someone has to loose in order for you to win .. we can't all be winners ...
Not in the crypto scene where money is pulled out of thin air. Putting aside the dubious morality and the fact that is not sustainable to inflate above a certain point, it's retarded beyond belief that such an opportunity is killed with scammers!

People can even destroy the process of generating "value" out of nothing! A community needs to be of a special kind of stupid to pull this off. It's fucking unreal!

Can you explain to me how "money is pulled out of thin air" - I don't seem to understand this concept ..

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:45:01 AM

Remember someone has to loose in order for you to win .. we can't all be winners ...

In crypto it is very possible and ideal to have a win win situation, you can have a situation where no one gets burnt.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:58:49 AM

Not in the crypto scene where money is pulled out of thin air. Putting aside the dubious morality and the fact that is not sustainable to inflate above a certain point, it's retarded beyond belief that such an opportunity is killed with scammers!

People can even destroy the process of generating "value" out of nothing! A community needs to be of a special kind of stupid to pull this off. It's fucking unreal!

Can you explain to me how "money is pulled out of thin air" - I don't seem to understand this concept ..
Well, the block subsidy either from proof-of-work mining but also from staking, steadily increases the money supply. Yes, the rate of increase slows down with time, but the transaction fees tend to motivate PoW mining to go on, etc...

For each new coin which is created ( ideally a just a few), with development support, with it being accepted for goods or services, that also increases the amount of money. That would be ideal. A few, real world useful and innovative coins where people really perceive value.

If the value is perceived, then it exists. Aren't new bitcoins pulled out of thin air? Yes, expensive ASICs are required today to mine them, but that is due to the arms race. But the point I'm trying to make is this: didn't early adopters became richer without making anyone poorer? Did they make someone lose for them to win?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:17:37 AM

Alright people, lets pick a coin and go for it.

~BCX~

Random scrypt shit coin #200: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=243911.0
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:20:55 AM

March 24th:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522740.0

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:31:33 AM

Greececoin 22 March ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516955.0

another 50% premine scamcoin. Guy telling about giving it to Greeks with ID only he doesnt even know how Greek IDs are working...also sockpuppet and bullshiting all over the thread...

r3wt

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:32:21 AM

Greececoin 22 March ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516955.0

another 50% premine scamcoin. Guy telling about giving it to Greeks with ID only he doesnt even know how Greek IDs are working...also sockpuppet and bullshiting all over the thread...

yep. one called Silicon Valley Coin as well.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
mazuma

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:43:40 AM

can this actualy make a difference ? Lol i wanna see
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:54:29 AM

I think people need to understand what the definition of fraud or scam is.

Having unrealistic goals or having your head in the clouds about creating the next Bitcoin or turning on a whole nation into cryptocurrency isn't criminal in character, it's just being naive. Until we see the creator of AUR run off with the premine for instance, any accusation of fraud is questionable at best, having suspicions is one thing but throwing out accusations without evidence is another.

Personally to me the biggest shenanigans of all revolves around Litecoin with its massive amounts of fake volume going on in the Chinese exchanges, one exchange in particular that is owned by the BROTHER of the developer for Litecoin. Imagine if Satoshi's brother opened up an exchange and tried to sell you Bitcoin? I know it wouldn't make me comfortable. But whatever, it is obvious there is a clear schism between the "old crypto money" and the "new" crypto money and the 1st generation has hated most alts from the very beginning so I take any accusations of "scam" with a grain of salt.

Remember, Doge was called a scam and the creator was verbally assaulted and accused that he'd premined a bunch and would run off with it and crash the currency. Not only did this NOT happen, the guy even turned down 500k in venture capital money! How many of the professional trolls in btc-e who spend 8 hours a day trashing alts would have such strong hands? I bet very few.
Ix

Activity: 218
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:00:14 AM

But the point I'm trying to make is this: didn't early adopters became richer without making anyone poorer? Did they make someone lose for them to win?

The simplest way to show that it does is to drag it out to the extreme: everyone adopts bitcoin before the fiat rich do, then people stop accepting fiat. The fiat rich are now broke with all of the bitcoin adopters having benefited. This happens on a smaller and shorter scale all the time. Most people don't like to talk about losses though. Wealth isn't created merely by the price of something increasing (hello housing market), it is created via production and trade and reducing the barriers thereof. Bitcoin does very little of that so far.
r3wt

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:02:35 AM

Having unrealistic goals or having your head in the clouds about creating the next Bitcoin or turning on a whole nation into cryptocurrency isn't criminal in character, it's just being naive. Until we see the creator of AUR run off with the premine for instance, any accusation of fraud is questionable at best, having suspicions is one thing but throwing out accusations without evidence is another.

Personally to me the biggest shenanigans of all revolves around Litecoin with its massive amounts of fake volume going on in the Chinese exchanges, one exchange in particular that is owned by the BROTHER of the developer for Litecoin. Imagine if Satoshi's brother opened up an exchange and tried to sell you Bitcoin? I know it wouldn't make me comfortable. But whatever, it is obvious there is a clear schism between the "old crypto money" and the "new" crypto money and the 1st generation has hated most alts from the very beginning so I take any accusations of "scam" with a grain of salt.

Remember, Doge was called a scam and the creator was verbally assaulted and accused that he'd premined a bunch and would run off with it and crash the currency. Not only did this NOT happen, the guy even turned down 500k in venture capital money! How many of the professional trolls in btc-e who spend 8 hours a day trashing alts would have such strong hands? I bet very few.

bullshit. your posts fails to make any credible point at all. try again, scam pumper.

mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:05:01 AM

What about proving that some kind of crime happened?

That's a pretty good point.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:05:29 AM

bullshit. your posts fails to make any credible point at all. try again, scam pumper.

Oh so tell me what I am pumping before you go hurling accusations.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:07:54 AM

I think most the newbies don't realise, if this alt sections not cleaned up its likely to be gone for good. So weeding out the obvious scams is doing everyone a favor.
r3wt

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:10:11 AM

No its not. try again scammer.

mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:11:26 AM

why are you calling me a scammer?
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:11:40 AM

No its not. try again scammer.

Clearly we have a scholar here well versed in centuries of Western legal practice!
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:24:18 AM

Wow. How can you even say that? What he said has some valid points (some of what he said is fact, even) and you are just dismissing them on principle. Please refute what he just said. Has the creator of AUR ran off with the premine yet? Is the brother of Litecoin's developer not the owner of an exchange? Is DOGE a scam? Did the DOGE dev not turn down 500k venture capital?

In my book, people who throw around accusations without anything to back them up are the ones who get labelled "scammers".
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:33:41 AM

Wow. How can you even say that? What he said has some valid points (some of what he said is fact, even) and you are just dismissing them on principle. Please refute what he just said. Has the creator of AUR ran off with the premine yet? Is the brother of Litecoin's developer not the owner of an exchange? Is DOGE a scam? Did the DOGE dev not turn down 500k venture capital?

In my book, people who throw around accusations without anything to back them up are the ones who get labelled "scammers".

yeah no fucking shit. this is worse than a bar that doesn't card when it comes to daily rape. ffs people are not even trying any more. where is the innovation? this is just bulls shit.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:35:31 AM

its sad that  one of the best solutions is to close this whole sub forum.

as to the question regarding removing buy orders. if there is no one to buy no one will mine. simple supply vs demand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: