Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:16:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176696 times)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:21:31 PM

I was wondering while reading this thread , why don't we fight fire with fire. Shitcoins with shitcoins.

Let's assume a "dev" creates Egyptcoin tomorrow that is actually a copy of litecoin and there is no distribution plan only a huge premine.

It's illegal or it is against the rules that we launch:
Pyramidcoin , Egicoin, Egyptiancoin, Egycoin - same day? the same code? the same airdrop plan?

If the coin is truly new interesting and it brings something new to the crypto world a clone won't be able to hurt it. Just like altcoins aren't capable of hurting bitcoin.

If it's a clone , the clones will kill it.

We don't need hashpower , mining pools , etc. We do the same copy paste they do.

Not surprised to find you here among these people

Not surprised to find you here among the other people.

Got any argument against this:
If the coin is truly new interesting and it brings something new to the crypto world a clone won't be able to hurt it. Just like altcoins aren't capable of hurting bitcoin.

HuhHuh??

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ycm82

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:55:14 PM

Nas

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521847.0
noelmal

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:59:54 PM

Starwars ?
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:06:35 PM

explain to me how putting hash on a system made for hashing is a crime. explain to me what legislation this comes under. what you are referring to is money which cryptocurrencies are clearly not.

It's your job to explain it to the police how it is not a crime if ANYTHING with monetary value (be it carrots, dollars, or cryptocoins) is being taken away from someone.

last time i checked profiteering was a crime too... 10 more minutes in the corner for you.

its amazing how people look at this thread as a crime. the whole point of this thread is to stop the crime.

lol

You are a shitcoin operator who is out to eliminate your competition and that is how the law will be looking at it if you cause anyone any damages
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:24:54 PM

If your shitcoin was worth 0.001 and now it's worth 0.000 that's not damages
it's just the market price dropping

I can't sue anybody if my stocks go to 0
mgburks77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:26:46 PM

If your shitcoin was worth 0.001 and now it's worth 0.000 that's not damages
it's just the market price dropping

I can't sue anybody if my stocks go to 0

If it can be seen that some competitor manipulated the price, that is damages.

You realize the internet is totally not anonymous right?
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:01:21 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 02:13:05 PM by Herp

Right now the 50% Premined country coins are the biggest threat, due to how much BTC they'll rob from the market.

Yes and those people that get sucked in through false, misleading and wrong information get screwed for millions and no one gives a shit as long as they scammed some BTC

Yes. They're all pump and dumps. Anyone who says otherwise just has a large share. Next to no people actually believe in them, except the ones suckered in to the bs hype from the bag holders wanting it pumped.

The revolution starts now.

I've yet to see any credible plan to "airdrop" these coins. The costs involved would be ridiculous. I'm all for taking these coins down, and attacking their credibility would reduce the major pump they all go through, but we're going to see more and more coins like this, and the whales aren't going to be able to pump them all.

I hear spaincoin is a viable target for the pumpers, but I've not looked into it with great depth.

Spaincoin without a Spanish website is the perfect example.

Herp ran a very successful campaign against Mazacoin. It's just a pity it came after the pump.

I'm not against nation crypto concept or premines in a context that make sense. I think some of these may be legitimate and could help increase Bitcoin adoption rate and bring the crypto idea to the general population. They could serve an interesting agenda of decentralization. Mazacoin made false claims that lead people to invest based on lies.

Let's take Aurora for example; they've managed to get a discussion going in Iceland at high levels, which got a good amount of attention from the press and general public. Aurora airdrop could be executed relatively easily because Iceland has an online database where all citizens are registered. So would be simple for them.

Spaincoin uses biometric IDs and readers to make distribution legit and avoid fraud. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=500511.msg5781280#msg5781280 Spaincoin devs seem to be legit so far. They speak Spanish, have Spanish thread, recently launched a blog to keep track of updates

I think it's a mistake to throw the baby out with the bathwater. That being said, expect some of these nation coins to be opportunistic scams. Spaincoin and Aurora get my vote of confidence for now.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Herp

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:06:04 PM

=~BCX~

You won't get "official" support from governments in these countries because it undermines their local fiat ponzi schemes. That won't stop, however, distributing these coins to the people. Same governments would also ban Bitcoin if they could. Problem is they can't.

You don't need hundreds of millions to distribute these coins. Once media attention gets out, people will come to claim them. In Iceland a big % of population found out about Aurora.

Maxcoin is growing and has several funded projects on StartJoin. https://twitter.com/maxkeiser/status/446404410445275136 But let's not hijack the conversation.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

drummerjdb666

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:14:20 PM

explain to me how putting hash on a system made for hashing is a crime. explain to me what legislation this comes under. what you are referring to is money which cryptocurrencies are clearly not.

It's your job to explain it to the police how it is not a crime if ANYTHING with monetary value (be it carrots, dollars, or cryptocoins) is being taken away from someone.

last time i checked profiteering was a crime too... 10 more minutes in the corner for you.

its amazing how people look at this thread as a crime. the whole point of this thread is to stop the crime.

lol

You are a shitcoin operator who is out to eliminate your competition and that is how the law will be looking at it if you cause anyone any damages...But plz don't take my word for it i'm really just a fucktard!

I agree with this thread! There are about 150 coins that should be dead and gone!
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:14:58 PM

Once media attention gets out, people will come to claim them. In Iceland a big % of population found out about Aurora.

source to back up this claim?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Herp

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:20:55 PM

Once media attention gets out, people will come to claim them. In Iceland a big % of population found out about Aurora.

It was discussed at governmental level, dozens of articles in the local press and media outlets. Plenty of articles in the international press also.
When you get this kind of coverage, people become aware. Just look at Neo&bee - after they've done a successful media campaign, almost everyone in Cyprus heard about Bitcoin, while not many knew about it previously. https://twitter.com/BtcDanny/status/444687265483460609

New Mad Bitcoin video on Aurora https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIxCOS5lKB0#t=15

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

mgburks77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:21:35 PM

What makes for a true shitcoin is when you create it and the only way to make it stand out is by whining about the "need" to eliminate the completion.
r3wt

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:23:08 PM

It was discussed at governmental level, dozens of articles in the local press and media outlets. Plenty of articles in the international press also.
When you get this kind of coverage, people become aware. Just look at Neo&bee - after they've done a successful media campaign, almost everyone in Cyprus heard about Bitcoin, while not many knew about it previously.

New Mad Bitcoin video on Aurora https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIxCOS5lKB0#t=15

you are icelandic?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:26:31 PM

close this garbage thread
mgburks77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:32:11 PM

It kind of seems like people who have been in the BTC scene for a little longer are upset that they don't have the party all to themselves anymore and want to find a way to assert control.

This is what wider adoption of cryptocurrencies looks like. You can't control it.
mgburks77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:40:38 PM

Another thought,

probably the only way to end scamming is for individuals to have to use real names on the forum and other venues associated with the crypto community. That and a way require verifiable ID to process transactions.

That's the only way to really shine the light of day on who is doing what.

A good start would be to permaban users of sockpuppet accounts when discovered on this forum. Everyone who uses them is acting under false pretenses. That is the only verifiable fraud I've personally witnessed in regard to altcoins.

Just some food for thought.
r3wt

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:42:44 PM

Another thought,

probably the only way to end scamming is for individuals to have to use real names on the forum and other venues associated with the crypto community. That and a way require verifiable ID to process transactions.

A good start would be to permaban users of sockpuppet accounts when discovered on this forum. Everyone who uses them is acting under false pretenses. That is the only verifiable fraud I've personally witnessed in regard to altcoins.

+1. i think thats a great idea. better than my idea of attacking coins, and it destroys no ones investments. win win.

mgburks77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:44:32 PM

Another thought,

+1. i think thats a great idea. better than my idea of attacking coins, and it destroys no ones investments. win win.

I think it may be a possible solution to the issue of fraud, which is very real. We can certainly all agree on that.
r3wt

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:46:13 PM

Another thought,

I think it may be a possible solution to the issue of fraud, which is very real. We can certainly all agree on that.

I bet people would be alot nicer on here too if they had to post as their real name.

scottlilo

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:47:27 PM

Another thought,

That's actually a wonderful idea, has no one thought of this yet??  Or it's probably not an easy task to implement?

ingenious.

Either way, +1.

Poloniex Moderator
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: