Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:39:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176696 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 03:09:20 PM

The exchanges are part of the problem, really. 

The fact is they're accepting bribes to list coins instead of listing coins on the basis of value or utility.

Which means they've made their money regardless of what happens to the coin.  They'll keep it on the board until it looks like the devs don't have the wherewithal to bribe them again, then they'll take it down.

The fact that they accept just any random coin is a problem too. The coin usually just gets dumped and a new one made. This has been going on for months now.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 03:31:17 PM

The fact is they're accepting bribes to list coins instead of listing coins on the basis of value or utility.

Which means they've made their money regardless of what happens to the coin.  They'll keep it on the board until it looks like the devs don't have the wherewithal to bribe them again, then they'll take it down.

The fact that they accept just any random coin is a problem too. The coin usually just gets dumped and a new one made. This has been going on for months now.

Its been over a year since mudda set the precident.

And nothing but newbs peddling shyte ever since. Cry

judgecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:46:51 PM

Hi All,

I did an article on Shitcoins... please feel free to review and provide comments!

http://www.judgecrypto.com/1/post/2014/05/what-is-a-shitcoin.html

Judge Crypto
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 09:46:32 PM

Hi All,

I did an article on Shitcoins... please feel free to review and provide comments!

http://www.judgecrypto.com/1/post/2014/05/what-is-a-shitcoin.html

Judge Crypto

Great article ! Thanks !

Funny how, I just finished answering the same question. heh..

Hippie Tech i would actually take you up on your suggestion, can you write down what defines a shitcoin from a good coin?

Hi coinjohn. Smiley

Is the dev/coin :

a forum Newbie/ Jr. Member ?
open to the public's input ?
accountable ?
trustworthy ?
innovative ?
fair to the early adopters and investors ?
friendly to the parasitic multi pools ?

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:36:39 PM

Which means they've made their money regardless of what happens to the coin.  They'll keep it on the board until it looks like the devs don't have the wherewithal to bribe them again, then they'll take it down.

The exchanges care only about the money , they won't stop accepting coins just to create a better future with empty pockets

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
ecoinspro

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:24:43 PM

So in your opinion all premined coins are not worthy
while all POW coins that call for a race of who has the most expensive machine are better ?
I personally don't think so

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 09:26:10 PM

Well the influx of newbies is what caused all this trouble. They just keep jumping from 1 clone to another. I don't even waste time reading their specifications. Luckily I've found a few that stand out and I'll stick to those.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 09:41:15 PM

This operation has apparently backfired. There have been 49 altcoin launches in May so far: http://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-launch-calendar/

There are 15 more scheduled for launch. (There are probably more, we keep looking)

It looks like this month could end up with 120 or more launches if current trends continue. That's a lotta altcoins!  Grin
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 09:54:25 PM

This operation has apparently backfired. There have been 49 altcoin launches in May so far: http://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-launch-calendar/

There are 15 more scheduled for launch. (There are probably more, we keep looking)

It looks like this month could end up with 120 or more launches if current trends continue. That's a lotta altcoins!  Grin

Well you can't really stop people from releasing them. This will only grow over time, I wonder when we will reach 1000 new coins per month. People have to run out of names one day, don't they?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:45:38 PM

Well the influx of newbies is what caused all this trouble. They just keep jumping from 1 clone to another. I don't even waste time reading their specifications. Luckily I've found a few that stand out and I'll stick to those.

+1

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:56:01 AM

Has anything interesting happen here YET?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:09:25 AM

[IBS]IrritableBowelSyndromeCoin, the currency for IBS sufferers
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 04:26:16 AM

Well you can't really stop people from releasing them. This will only grow over time, I wonder when we will reach 1000 new coins per month. People have to run out of names one day, don't they?

When it reaches the tipping point, it will naturally be unprofitable to make a coin and the trend will wane away. Exchanges will put their foot down once tehy realize they are better off managing 30 coins rather than 700. So begins the competition of quality to fight for their spot on that list of 30, and thus paving the way for innovation to take priority. And then alll coins lived happily ever after Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 04:58:15 AM

When it reaches the tipping point, it will naturally be unprofitable to make a coin and the trend will wane away. Exchanges will put their foot down once tehy realize they are better off managing 30 coins rather than 700. So begins the competition of quality to fight for their spot on that list of 30, and thus paving the way for innovation to take priority. And then alll coins lived happily ever after Smiley
If exchanges were only limited to a certain amount of coins, this fight would have started already and we wouldn't be in this mess.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:04:31 AM

Dead Cat Roll, Pump and Dump, and Flatline.
Featuring: Blackcoin, Dogecoin, Mintcoin, and Cinnicoin

http://www.judgecrypto.com/news/dead-cat-slide-dcs

Judge Crypto
www.judgecrypto.com
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 07:09:09 AM

If exchanges were only limited to a certain amount of coins, this fight would have started already and we wouldn't be in this mess.

But that would be unnatural. It puts too much power in the hands of the exchanges. It has to be deemed unprofitable to manage so many coins. Only then will measures be taket to limit the coins. You cannot expect a money making business to stop what they are doing on ethical grounds. Another will come that will take "rejected" coins. It has to become unprofitable. That is the only way...

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Soulmate

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:38:40 AM

Aha... I found the most retarded thread in the entire Alternate cryptocurrencies forum section!

By the way guys... you have forgotten to add Darkcoin to the OP as a shitcoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559028.0
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:19:06 AM

Im with the OP on this one!
Thankfully all the crapcoin clones are starting to dissappear.
 Grin

Whitecoin is literally a rip off blackcoin, hirocoin is as good as dead, so is mintcoin.
They are all crap coins, only a handful of coins will be successfull, doge is going down, down and down.
Rainbow gold coin - why on earth did that get listed on exchanges IDK!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:26:23 AM

DOGE, WDC and very few others will stay for good. You can quote this for reading a year or two later  Wink
Soon enough peeps will get tired of those launches and most clones will be forgotter rather quickly.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:43:57 AM

DOGE, WDC and very few others will stay for good. You can quote this for reading a year or two later  Wink
Soon enough peeps will get tired of those launches and most clones will be forgotter rather quickly.
Doge will always be around, but i doubt it will even get to 1 cent, ive invested my doge in far superior coins that will get far beyond $1 if doge can reach 1c.

check out this coin! Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eU2INYe4gk

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: