Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:28:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EFL] Electronic Gulden - NEWS! - ANDROID WALLET AVAILABLE!  (Read 106009 times)
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 03:29:07 PM

As a strong supporter of Bitcoin and Auroracoin I have really invested a lot in general acceptance of cryptocurrency. Being a Dutchman I looked at this coin from the start and tried to convince the DEV this would never work the way he planned the thing. I told him that there is no way people in The Netherlands are going to go through any kind of trouble (scanning utility bills) and giving their personal data to get not more than a couple of coins not even worth anything more than an loaf of bread.

Now that I have seen the registration system in place (nicely build btw) I immediately know for sure this is a scam! Now way in hell any dutchman is going to give their complete identity including copy of passport and BSN to some unknown DEV and his website! Not only is this illegal in The Netherlands, it is the surest way to find your bankaccount emptied the next morning!! I'm surprised they forgot to also ask their DigID's!

It's funny how this coin is still supported by all you guys (especially the ones bashing Auroracoin)! Where Auroracoin has a plan that really makes sense and has proven to be completely legit, most Old-school guys are going out of their way to derail it. And here we have the ultimate version of a country-coin-clone that is absolutely nothing but a scam and where are the BCX'es of this world?Huh

You must all be complete morons!!!!

Before anyone starts screaming here I'm just a bagholder, I mined 1200 AUR from the start, traded them for the last couple of weeks and now have more than 10.000 and still have over 12BTC left as profit besides that. So, I'm not just a bagholder, I'm THE BAGHOLDER!!! And it's one hell of a nice and heavy goodybag !!!

In the end, Auroracoin is going to really make a difference, this coin is only to become indifferent!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:34:37 PM

As a strong supporter of Bitcoin and Auroracoin I have really invested a lot in general acceptance of cryptocurrency. Being a Dutchman I looked at this coin from the start and tried to convince the DEV this would never work the way he planned the thing. I told him that there is no way people in The Netherlands are going to go through any kind of trouble (scanning utility bills) and giving their personal data to get not more than a couple of coins not even worth anything more than an loaf of bread.

Now that I have seen the registration system in place (nicely build btw) I immediately know for sure this is a scam! Now way in hell any dutchman is going to give their complete identity including copy of passport and BSN to some unknown DEV and his website! Not only is this illegal in The Netherlands, it is the surest way to find your bankaccount emptied the next morning!! I'm surprised they forgot to also ask their DigID's!

It's funny how this coin is still supported by all you guys (especially the ones bashing Auroracoin)! Where Auroracoin has a plan that really makes sense and has proven to be completely legit, most Old-school guys are going out of their way to derail it. And here we have the ultimate version of a country-coin-clone that is absolutely nothing but a scam and where are the BCX'es of this world?Huh

Before anyone starts screaming here I'm just a bagholder, I mined 1200 AUR from the start, traded them for the last couple of weeks and now have more than 10.000 and still have over 12BTC left as profit besides that. So, I'm not just a bagholder, I'm THE BAGHOLDER!!! And it's one hell of a nice and heavy goodybag !!!

In the end, Auroracoin is going to really make a difference, this coin is only to become indifferent!

So what you are saying is that the DEV is going to use everyone's ID's and empty everyone's bank account?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

jornie

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:40:02 PM

Lol amazing troll... EFL is just a amazing coin
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:45:02 PM

I think he just wanted to brag that he has 10,000 AUR.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:07:09 PM

So what you are saying is that the DEV is going to use everyone's ID's and empty everyone's bank account?

I'm not saying they are going to do that, I'm saying that is what every Dutchman has been warned about intensively for the last couple of years. NEVER DISCLOSE FRAUD SENSITIVE INFORMATION TO ANYONE! The information asked on the claim page of EFL is the wet dream of every scammer in the world! DUTCH PEOPLE KNOW THAT! We are one of the richest and best educated countries in the world. You simply can't fool us to give away our identities for a lousy couple of guilders!

alinda

Activity: 887
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:14:10 PM

wow efl to the moon  Grin

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:24:36 PM

Ik hoef er echt niet over op te scheppen hoor, de meesten weten het al. Maar wees nou eens eerlijk, zou jij alle informatie invullen die gevraagd wordt op de claim pagina? En waarom is die eigenlijk in het Engels? Ik heb absoluut niets tegen deze munt zelf, ik ben alleen erg verbaasd dat er niemand is die er blijkbaar zo over valt als er nu met Auroracoin is gebeurd. Laten we ze eens vergelijken:

Auroracoin:

21.000.000 coins, 330.000 inwoners, 31,8 coins per inwoner, economie volledig verwoest, registratie via transparant ID systeem i.c.m. Facebook of SMS

E-Gulden:

21.000.000 coins, 17.000.000 inwoners, 0,6 coins per inwoner, economie zeer krachtig, registratie o.b.v. gegevens die je huisarts nog niet eens mag vragen!!!

Ik heb de DEV (Eduard) al in het begin gezegd dat het een nobel streven is om dit op te pakken, maar dat gevoelsmatig niemand in NL zijn best zal doen voor 0,6 Gulden. Als hij de totale hoeveelheid had verhoogd naar een paar miljard en ze op een wat frivolere manier in de markt zou zetten (kwartje van kok of zo) zou het m.i. wel kunnen weren. Op deze manier gaat het op zeker NIET!

Gewoon gezond verstand gebruiken dus???

ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:25:56 PM

It can be an awesome coin just needs to be looked at from another way to make the dutch believe and have thrust it in. DEV take another approach.

Like get it to Mintpal ore some other known exchange. Make people win some coins with somekind of ref system.

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:26:49 PM

Ik hoef er echt niet over op te scheppen hoor, de meesten weten het al. Maar wees nou eens eerlijk, zou jij alle informatie invullen die gevraagd wordt op de claim pagina? En waarom is die eigenlijk in het Engels? Ik heb absoluut niets tegen deze munt zelf, ik ben alleen erg verbaasd dat er niemand is die er blijkbaar zo over valt als er nu met Auroracoin is gebeurd. Laten we ze eens vergelijken:

Auroracoin:

21.000.000 coins, 330.000 inwoners, 31,8 coins per inwoner, economie volledig verwoest, registratie via transparant ID systeem i.c.m. Facebook of SMS

E-Gulden:

21.000.000 coins, 17.000.000 inwoners, 0,6 coins per inwoner, economie zeer krachtig, registratie o.b.v. gegevens die je huisarts nog niet eens mag vragen!!!

Ik heb de DEV (Eduard) al in het begin gezegd dat het een nobel streven is om dit op te pakken, maar dat gevoelsmatig niemand in NL zijn best zal doen voor 0,6 Gulden. Als hij de totale hoeveelheid had verhoogd naar een paar miljard en ze op een wat frivolere manier in de markt zou zetten (kwartje van kok of zo) zou het m.i. wel kunnen weren. Op deze manier gaat het op zeker NIET!

English please.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:30:32 PM

I'm not saying they are going to do that, I'm saying that is what every Dutchman has been warned about intensively for the last couple of years. NEVER DISCLOSE FRAUD SENSITIVE INFORMATION TO ANYONE! The information asked on the claim page of EFL is the wet dream of every scammer in the world! DUTCH PEOPLE KNOW THAT! We are one of the richest and best educated countries in the world. You simply can't fool us to give away our identities for a lousy couple of guilders!

Ok duly noted, I also think the fact that you have to upload a lot of personal infomation to an unknown person a bit of a problem. It wouldn't be so bad if we knew the identity of the DEV.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:32:42 PM

It can be an awesome coin just needs to be looked at from another way to make the dutch believe and have thrust it in. DEV take another approach.

Like get it to Mintpal ore some other known exchange. Make people win some coins with somekind of ref system.

If we knew the DEV's identity a lot more people would have more confidence while claiming their coins, it would help speed up the uptake also.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:34:59 PM

Auroracoin:

E-Gulden:

Well I just uploaded my id and info, they cant do anything with my stuff i dont own any money so they can try.
But I hope they can be trusted and they will delete all the info about the people after distribution.

And our economy sucks to, compared to other country's maybe its a bit better, but the goverment is still borrowing loads of money, And the people pay more and more taxes because of that.
Thats what they make you believe our economy is good, but you can only compare it to other shit economy's and thirth world country's, everyone is like luckely im not from there I must be happy in the situation I am in now because i have it so much better.
But no one ever helps those country's in need, they keep them shitty on purpose so we keep thinking we have it super good.
Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:37:25 PM

Beside all my other objections against the way the distribution is done: The website is not secure!!! No https, only http.... So anyone willing to steal all the information that is entered there, it must be a piece of cake!
Mmm, and why the form is not in Dutch?
deathmul

Activity: 472

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:40:22 PM

Auroracoin:

E-Gulden:

Due to this, price of E-Gulden could be more than 0.1 BTC! It will be huge!

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:06:52 PM

Auroracoin:

E-Gulden:

I'm afraid it will be and I'm missing out on this one like I totally ignored AuroraCoin when it was launched; much fail.

I'll scoop up another 1000 EFL and hold, it's not such a big risk to take. Worst case scenario: I lose 0.3 BTC.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:17:52 PM

Ok duly noted, I also think the fact that you have to upload a lot of personal infomation to an unknown person a bit of a problem. It wouldn't be so bad if we knew the identity of the DEV.

Well, actually I do know his Identity, he forgot to make his registration of e-gulden.com anonymous is the first couple of days and in my first couple of PM's he confirmed his Identity. Therefor I also think he is probably meaning well, but hasn't overlooked the big picture and started this initiative a bit naive.

But that is not the issue, I think the problem is that the data collected through this coin is so sensitive, it will be for sure a big security breach to say the least. That's also why I think this won't be a success. Most Dutchman are not that eager to give away this info for some unknown coin worth nothing much. And dutch authorities are most certainly going to address this!

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:25:37 PM

Auroracoin:

E-Gulden:

I'm afraid it will be and I'm missing out on this one like I totally ignored AuroraCoin when it was launched; much fail.

I'll scoop up another 1000 EFL and hold, it's not such a big risk to take. Worst case scenario: I lose 0.3 BTC.

Well, theres no shame in some "wise" speculation  Grin. I hope for the miners and speculators it will have a roller coaster like Auroracoin did. But I fear for the Dutchmen that might be hassled out of their Identities! And even more the negative news this will get on crypto in general!

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:33:55 PM

Well, actually I do know his Identity, he forgot to make his registration of e-gulden.com anonymous is the first couple of days and in my first couple of PM's he confirmed his Identity. Therefor I also think he is probably meaning well, but hasn't overlooked the big picture and started this initiative a bit naive.

But that is not the issue, I think the problem is that the data collected through this coin is so sensitive, it will be for sure a big security breach to say the least. That's also why I think this won't be a success. Most Dutchman are not that eager to give away this info for some unknown coin worth nothing much. And dutch authorities are most certainly going to address this!

I know his identity too, including cellphone number (Google does magic).

I won't release it as long as he doesn't scam us.
napoleon2121

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:40:25 PM

[
NEW POOL FOR eGulden

STRATUM AND VARDIFF
BASED AT ULTRA FAST 64GB/SSD EU HETZNER DETICATED SERVERS
1% fees to keep the pools up and running
HOLE NEW MPOSS AMAZING LOOK
HELP US BECOME BIGGER
24/7 SUPPORT
JOIN US NOW
perls

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:44:22 PM

Auroracoin:

E-Gulden:

Well, theres no shame in some "wise" speculation  Grin. I hope for the miners and speculators it will have a roller coaster like Auroracoin did. But I fear for the Dutchmen that might be hassled out of their Identities! And even more the negative news this will get on crypto in general!

I thought it was already posted here that you can submit most of the info and leave out certain fields and still receive the coin.  The Dev has to find a healthy balance so people aren't scamming the system and only the Dutch are receiving coins.  

The current method is the down and dirty method, which yes, is causing a slight uproar.  Though it's not as if this can't be changed, I still haven't seen any solid recommendations to how they should proceed that protects your identities AND wards of identity spoofing to receive coins.  

There's 2 worst case scenarios that I see regarding the distribution.

1)  Site gets hacked/database gets compromised and that information is leaked (bad).  This is easily remedied if he purges the database to offline storage every 24 hours and encrypted.  Ensuring the information of the individual is not kept online and easily accessible.  Since it's just for verification purposes anyway, after the coin is handed out, there's no need for it to be accessible online anymore.

2)  The system is changed with less strict information.  Spoofers find a loophole and get coins that were supposed go to the Dutch citizens, pre-mine doesn't have enough to cover all Citizens.  Thus the whole trust factor is gone, and the system fails.

1 is the easiest workaround for now.

2 I don't see as feasible, too risky.

I'd recommend almost going through a third party verification system.  I don't know if your country has one (short of government levels of course), but that would be the happy medium.  Bottom line, there's always a risk.  Sony's been hacked, Yahoo's been hacked, Target's been hacked, the list goes on.  Millions of user information and CC and such distributed (and those are just in the last two years).  The internet is a "risky" place, you jeopardize your privacy for the freedom of it by going on it daily.  I'd assume your country has safeguards in place for identity theft, I know we do.  I've never, in over a decade of IT experience had someone get identity theft and the CC/Bank not cover them for losses completely.  

I suspect if the dev is passionate about this project, safeguards will be put in place over time, and things will be improved to quell concerns.

IDK if you guys follow world news, but consider my country (USA) healthcare.gov site.  First few days into it all information was no more secure than this dev's site, and that's my government with enormous spending, social security #'s, etc all non-encrypted across the front end.  Let's face it, in terms of security on the net, most dev's tend to be reactive, not proactive unfortunately.

I recommend you guys just keep positive, send in some ideas that are functional rather than offering no solutions and just complaining.  If realistic ideas come up, and the dev's don't follow it, then you can pounce on them.

Sorry for the novel, just trying to keep things constructive.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: