Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:05:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Enough of bounty scam, you can help to stop it too.  (Read 2591 times)
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2020, 12:07:57 PM

The more you promote bounties the more you will get better experience with new projects, once you keep failing you will come to conclusion about what you are doing wrong and you will be forced to change your strategy and this will open door for you.

What sort of experience do you get by promoting the scam bounties? If you want to just do posting, then rather than keeping a bounty signature you can add a signature that links to some of the charities. The first priority for any new user here should be to earn merit points, so that his rank improves. Adding a bounty signature at this point is not at all beneficial.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 12:44:40 PM

Good point but if the bounty hunters are have enough knowledge it will notice it immediately once the bounty campaign is a scam. So better to check all the necessary details before joining in a campaign. I prefer joining in a bounty group in the telegram because it always work for me and the advantage is it can directly message the bounty manager and the admin on where project are joining.
gbrendeh

Activity: 172
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 01:17:24 PM

What make me to run without looking back is when they used reputable person in crypto space as member (fake team), when their LinkedIn profile does not commensurate with the mission of the project, when they use template (WordPress, Joomla etc) to design their website and finally when I see a project that has no direction promised to be listed on Binance in a particular time.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 03:32:06 PM

Good point but if the bounty hunters are have enough knowledge it will notice it immediately once the bounty campaign is a scam. So better to check all the necessary details before joining in a campaign. I prefer joining in a bounty group in the telegram because it always work for me and the advantage is it can directly message the bounty manager and the admin on where project are joining.
sometimes some bounty hunters do just like you. already feel confident and cool with some bounty manager. for communication of course it will be easier. but sometimes some search for themselves in the forums and many are stuck with the bounty campaign that the team from the project itself is shouting at.
I think when you want to be a participant in the bounty campaign you have to be able to see the concept of the project being developed first and after that you can see the existing whitepaper and compare it to other whitepapers, most scam projects will steal whitepapers from other projects, and make sure the team is not there. affected by a scam case in any project.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 05:48:12 PM

bounty fraud will not just stop there are so many ways they do to trick bounty hunters, I think depending on each if we choose the bounty before joining and see the whole then it will avoid bounty fraud
Totally agree with you, they will have various ways to deceive us. I also took part in many bounty this year, they are rated good projects and are very active. But after the bounty ended, they found many reasons to delay distribution, and gradually ignored its distribution.

Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 06:56:49 PM

bounty fraud will not just stop there are so many ways they do to trick bounty hunters, I think depending on each if we choose the bounty before joining and see the whole then it will avoid bounty fraud
Totally agree with you, they will have various ways to deceive us. I also took part in many bounty this year, they are rated good projects and are very active. But after the bounty ended, they found many reasons to delay distribution, and gradually ignored its distribution.

If you've been participating in bounty projects for a long time, I think you understand the answer. therefore, as a bounty hunter does not have full rights over all his efforts including demanding compensation after promoting the previous project. Each project has its own rules and the team has the right to change the rules at any time.

mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 07:01:50 PM

Ignored distribution until the value goes to zero or completely ignored to pay the participants.In general bounties are not worth in 2020 but there are some rare one like stable gold I guess which is paying in their coins which already got values so try to join on bounties like that or stop it completely.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 07:16:11 PM

yes, especially in the thread section about the reputation of the SCAM project. at least it can help bounty hunters not get caught up in project fraud. on the other hand of course do more research on the project you want to take part in, including looking at the Dev team and background in managing previous projects, project partners, the community that is in it and not forgetting As you said About telegram bounty manager.

Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 625

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 07:23:17 PM

As long as there are people who have the desire to get free money, any bounty project will always exist and is difficult to avoid, even more so to destroy, I think it is something difficult. Because if we want to stop this bad image, then at least the awareness to not always look for free money will be very necessary but come back again, this is something that can never happen because in fact, there are still many investors who just want to get quick profits so research furthermore it would be very difficult for them to apply.

The projects and the businesses will always find ways to get people market their project for them. And these people will always want to join because they find it fulfilling to earn cryptocurrencies and they want the satisfaction earning it gives to them, even at the cost of their time, energy and talent be put to other deserving things in the real world. This digital satisfaction will continue as long as they want to earn cryptocurrencies. And the companies and projects will keep supplying them with the cryptos they need, in exchange of manual marketing labor on the internet.
Majority would really have that kind of target thats why people do love bounty hunting and the fact that it can possibly give out the chance for you to make money
more than on a hard work into your day job thats why we do see that even up to these days where these bounties do still exist and there are still lots of projects
that do continue to launch in spite of the current market condition. One of the most common problems is that majority of these hunters didnt get even paid
or do end up on getting a shit and valueless coin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2020, 07:33:32 PM

It is really sad to do the work during a month or more and then receive nothing or some tokens worth almost nothing.

I understand that is very difficult to regulate bounties!
You cannot forbid newbies, because spamming everywhere is kind of good for the campaign. But I think there are a lot of multiple accounts, and don’t know if all campaign managers are on top of this.
There are some people that participate some scam attempts, but not enough.
I don't know if there is a way to implement some kind of KYC in the forum and only this people can participate or some idea like that.

You never know if the project will see light of day, and if it will be worth. There is always some gamble.
But as everyone says, whenever there is the possibility to get something for free people will apply.

I think all rules from first post should be followed but the more important is that you should investigate the project yourself.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 10:45:18 PM

Recently, bounty fees have become very small.  Getting a few dollars for months of work is humiliating in my opinion.  The work is evaluated cheaply.  Sometimes the airdrop is more than the bounty.  Stop feeding the scammers.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
chikator

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 12:24:08 AM

I prefer to post this here on this section because this is where it actually originates from. This is where the bounty scammers come to catch their "prey"- hunters.

Therefore, I have observed that since 2018, after the 2017 crypto bull , almost all bounty have been failing. After months of running bounty, some that manage to get to the exchange are dead on arrival with less than a dollar worth of 20,000 unit (or more unit) of shit distribution to hunters.

Consequently , with my little time here and as far as I have noticed, their are certain signs that seem like a no go area if we really want to participate in a fairly good bounty that we can also benefit from our labour, time and data.

These signs for me are :
1. When the thread is filled with grammatical and typographical errors.

2. When the task in the different or any of the allocated bounties are not defined. For example, how many facebook shares / posts are not defined and then you are left with asking from the shit BM. This is definitely and certainly a red light.

3. When the task is limitless. For example, no limit to shares/post.

4. When the task is too much. For example, 10 shares  Grin

5. When the requirements to get your reward is complicated. For example, you can be asked to sign up and provide referral number or code  Grin

6. When the process for reward isn't proper. For example, you notice you will be asked to watch a video to know how to provide wallet address or downlines  Shocked Roll Eyes Grin

7. When spreadsheet isn't updated weekly.... Just run  Grin

8. When weekly dates are not seen either on the thread or spreadsheet.

9. When you see only week 1 , week 2, week 3 etc just on spreadsheet without date.

10. When complaints on telegram isn't responded to promptly and you are not satisfied when you get response.

11. You don't need to continue if you notice you have been deleted from telegram and you know you have been asking legitimate questions to understand things not clear to you about the bounty.... Run run fast  Grin

12. When it is not handled by a reputable account as BM.

13. When there is no ANN at the beginning or it is provided later in the bounty maybe because someone is consistently requesting for it.

These are some signs I can't remember and I know they are negative signs for you not to be paid after you do your part most times.

*** These signs are ; apart from whitepaper typographical mistakes and plagiarism  Grin Grin Grin

If we go with these signs and not sign up with a bounty you suspect could be scam, then the bounty will have less participants and with time, we can clear these scamming bounties out from this forum.

Each one tell all. You don't need to join suspected scam bounty.

I hope this thread will help bounty hunters.

One of the things i look at is there website first, you could catch a lot of red lights with just one look on their website, typographical errors, just overall sketchy. And the team behind the project, a lot of these scams would rather remain annonymous, thats a red flag.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
MadeMen
Copper Member

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 01:15:19 AM

The signs to detect scam bounties can't be exhausted but with this few, I have believe any bounty hunters could be able to limit the scam bounties we support. We could have lesser bounty on the forum and get better reward, instead of harbouring a truck load of bounties with nothing to show for it. Let's make our bounty more enjoyable and lucrative. Bounty managers has to be extra careful in choosing projects also to limit hunters working in vain.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 01:21:10 AM

Recently, bounty fees have become very small.  Getting a few dollars for months of work is humiliating in my opinion.  The work is evaluated cheaply.  Sometimes the airdrop is more than the bounty.  Stop feeding the scammers.
Its not worth for the time and effort.
But its up to us if we're going to blindly support the scam projects.
We can avoid scam by doing our part as a bounty hunter.
Dont be fool for high rewards and check every details that can lead you to know if the project is legit.

palle11 (OP)

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 05:23:49 PM

The signs to detect scam bounties can't be exhausted but with this few, I have believe any bounty hunters could be able to limit the scam bounties we support. We could have lesser bounty on the forum and get better reward, instead of harbouring a truck load of bounties with nothing to show for it. Let's make our bounty more enjoyable and lucrative. Bounty managers has to be extra careful in choosing projects also to limit hunters working in vain.

Yes if we have few bounty with promises kept at the end of the hunting that will be fine. I believe with time passing along, we are going to see more committed bounty managers having hunters in their top agenda and not to plan with team to cheat them.
I have seen a bounty payment in etheruem, binance too. This is better for hunters.
alisonwonder

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 07:22:07 PM

I think the bounty hunters have enough experience to test a bounty campaign. The easiest way is to look at the potential of the project and the information contained in the project's official website.
Serious bounty projects will often create a well-detailed and well-rounded theme.
Choose a bonus plan and do it with an element of luck.
How will know/learn this process  new users?I will check suggestions that OP should check the Alchemy projects. I didn't see any dead projects like projects but this project has some good partnerships. Almost impossible to stop promoting all scam bounty, this is my research. New users can check only partnerships and websites.
Unfortunately many bounty campaign projects have died some time ago and there has been no further development because they are indicated as a scam, bounty campaigns that are not scam ones have a trusted bounty manager and of course have escrowed or allocated funds for bounty campaigns that have been given to their managers and are ready to be distributed to the participants when the bounty campaign is over.

MOONBET[]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░         
[]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
[][]

> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 07:46:01 PM

Sincerely, when you fall victim of bounty scam , you know how painful it could be, you are at a good side if your wallet is not affected or hacked, we have got to make every effort both collectively and individually to get rid of those scams, few things to note not to fall victim has been listed by the post starter. I really love that. Let's look into it accordingly to discourage it. I think every project started should be made to pass through forum managers for approval for continuity.
Musekay

Activity: 260

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 06:47:37 PM

Your stated points are really in order. This are serious pointers which i had basically neglected in some of the bounties i participated in fews years back. But now i think i know better.

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 07:16:05 PM

Recently, bounty fees have become very small.  Getting a few dollars for months of work is humiliating in my opinion.  The work is evaluated cheaply.  Sometimes the airdrop is more than the bounty.  Stop feeding the scammers.
Its not worth for the time and effort.
But its up to us if we're going to blindly support the scam projects.
We can avoid scam by doing our part as a bounty hunter.
Dont be fool for high rewards and check every details that can lead you to know if the project is legit.
Bounty hunting registration must be limited. Some users don't waste time on any projects and follow only most of the old users. If so many people started to join, then these users would join. Sometimes airdrop rewards are much higher than the months of bounty rewards. This is because bounty allocation like DIA bounty allocation was 0.05 percent but I didn't see any lower than 1% in 2018.
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 09:56:38 AM

It's about time we stopped promoting bounty scams, the 13 points mentioned in the opening post were very useful for me to be able
to recognize bounty scams. Especially for newbies who have low rank, most of them are victims of bounty scams. Hopefully more and
more people realize not to join bounty scams, as it's a waste of time. It is better to focus on getting merit to increase rankings and be
able to participate in campaigns in the services section that get paid regularly.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: