Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:31:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why privacy matters  (Read 3730 times)
Nambuwan

Activity: 109
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 10:59:06 AM

Privacy is the degree to which an individual can determine which personal information is to be shared with whom and for what purpose. Although always a concern when users pass confidential information to vendors by phone, mail or online, the Internet brought this issue to the forefront.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TOM Bb

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 03:54:54 AM

In my opinion, privacy is very important, because everyone has their own secrets and privacy. If we leak our privacy, we will suffer a certain loss. In more serious cases, we may suffer a certain amount of harm. Therefore, in life, we must pay attention to protecting our privacy.
Sethrey (OP)

Activity: 916

View Profile
March 29, 2021, 06:19:16 PM

In my opinion, privacy is very important, because everyone has their own secrets and privacy. If we leak our privacy, we will suffer a certain loss. In more serious cases, we may suffer a certain amount of harm. Therefore, in life, we must pay attention to protecting our privacy.

These days it's not only about losing some personal information. It can end in losing credit cards and payment data, which can be really serious. That's why I believe that i2p or p2p applications are the best way out to stay more protected.
TOM Bb

View Profile
March 30, 2021, 01:20:23 AM

Privacy is a kind of personal information that has nothing to do with public interest or group interests, and the party does not want others to know or is inconvenient for others to know. (It can only be disclosed to those with confidentiality obligations). The person concerned does not want others to invade or inconvenience others to invade personal areas.
BETTY B

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 30, 2021, 01:21:47 AM

Privacy is really important. Everyone has things that cannot be disclosed. Regardless of what they are, they should respect each other, and some people will change because of the leakage of privacy. Personalities or other habits will change, which may affect In his lifetime, different people will have different results, so it is better to keep your privacy, and if you offend others' privacy, you must take follow-up measures to eliminate it in time. Privacy is really important!
ROSE B

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 30, 2021, 01:24:12 AM

Privacy is not only something we use to enjoy. It is a necessity for us, and it affects: what kind of person we develop into, what kind of identity we establish without any direct or indirect influence of society, and what we want to live in Such a society.
MRKVPS

Activity: 31

MRKVPS Hosting Services - www.mrkvps.store

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2021, 02:55:05 AM

Sounds weird to even say this, but do you think that privacy really exists?
Have you seen the movie "Snowden"? It's based on true facts.
In a world where any government can hack your phone camera and see you live without you even noticing, I'd say privacy is just what we tell ourselves we have in order to sleep better at night. It's non-existent.

Sure, you can go and live in the mountains without Internet nor electricity, but for how long? Is that even life for the regular modern citizen of the world?

Instead of talking about why privacy matters, what you should really do is ask yourself if if really does indeed exists.

High-quality Windows & Linux VPS with incredible support from around the world: USA, Netherlands (DMCA Ignored), India & Singapore -- www.mrkvps.store
Starkick

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 30, 2021, 11:19:54 AM

Sounds weird to even say this, but do you think that privacy really exists?
Have you seen the movie "Snowden"? It's based on true facts.
In a world where any government can hack your phone camera and see you live without you even noticing, I'd say privacy is just what we tell ourselves we have in order to sleep better at night. It's non-existent.

Sure, you can go and live in the mountains without Internet nor electricity, but for how long? Is that even life for the regular modern citizen of the world?

Instead of talking about why privacy matters, what you should really do is ask yourself if if really does indeed exists.

You are absolutely right. Big Brother is watching everyone, but that doesn't mean that we should still contribute to it! Why use apps like WhatsApp knowing they collect personal data? It is much safer to use encrypted apps -p2p or i2p
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2021, 12:20:19 PM

Privacy is really important. Everyone has things that cannot be disclosed. Regardless of what they are, they should respect each other, and some people will change because of the leakage of privacy. Personalities or other habits will change, which may affect In his lifetime, different people will have different results, so it is better to keep your privacy, and if you offend others' privacy, you must take follow-up measures to eliminate it in time. Privacy is really important!

For sure, as have you heard of the latest Facebook scandal with data leak? I've heard that even Zuckerberg's mobile phone number became public. That's why I think such projects like Utopia p2p become more important and useful.
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 05, 2021, 05:23:37 PM

Privacy is not only something we use to enjoy. It is a necessity for us, and it affects: what kind of person we develop into, what kind of identity we establish without any direct or indirect influence of society, and what we want to live in Such a society.

I agree, privacy is very important for all of us. We take it for granted until we start to lose our privacy. The most important thing for me right now during home office is using a VPN, I spend a lot of time on the internet. So not exposing too much personal data is very important.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀

The Avatars: (Pick one)
TOM Bb

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 03:24:41 AM

Privacy is a kind of personal information that has nothing to do with public interest or group interests, and the party does not want others to know or is inconvenient for others to know, (only disclosed to those with confidentiality obligations) that the party does not want others to interfere or inconveniently interfere with personal matters, and The person concerned does not want others to invade or inconvenience others to invade personal areas.
ROSE B

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 07:20:29 AM

Protecting citizens' right to privacy is a requirement of social development, which can promote social harmony and maintain social stability;
Protecting citizens' right to privacy is an advancement in the rule of law, which is conducive to realizing the rule of law.
patientforzhou

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 07:49:10 AM

Protecting privacy is a respect for human freedom and dignity. If your privacy is leaked, isn't it the same as your private key leaked? Haha. Sad Grin
Starkick

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 08:04:19 AM

Have you seen that a new feature called Utopia Deep Links was added? As I've understood, it's a link that can be generated and shared even in a clean net in order to perform any action in Utopia with 1 click. Seems like something really useful.
Arvin01

Activity: 60
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 07:43:39 AM

Because in the past, it was a small-scale "acquaintance society" that relied on direct contact between people to exchange information; even if personal privacy information was leaked, the harm would not be great (but there are still many poor people who are driven to death by rumors).
But now, with the benefit of the Internet, the flow of information is too easy and too fast. This makes people become "Internet celebrities" if they are not careful
What's more serious is that it is different from the past "personal information is mostly spread within the range of acquaintances", and the source of privacy leaks is also limited to a few channels such as "face-to-face communication" and "listening to the wall"; in the Internet era, personal information will be spread among mass strangers , And either using program loopholes, or using data analysis, or unintentionally leaking through other inadequate relatives and friends, you can touch a person's situation seven or eight eight-the sharpness of human flesh search, senior netizens should have a deep understanding -Not to mention the use of big data analysis, others can even dig out a certain tendency in your subconscious, to "know you better than yourself."
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 05:11:16 PM

Have you heard that another bounty campaign had just started?

Bounty dates:
12rd April 2021 to 7nd June 2021 (8 weeks)

The allocation is as follows:
Signature Campaign : 50%
Blogging (Medium, Reddit and others) : 20%
Video Creation : 20%
Twitter : 10%

All the other data can be found in the ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5330069.0#subject_56764666

Let's earn some money!
Starkick

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 11:35:54 AM

I will be happy to study the information about this drawing and I think that I will be happy to take part in it. I have no reason not to trust the developers. thanks
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 06:45:02 PM

Which drawing do you mean? And why you think of believing in devs or not?
Bounty means gaining coins almost for nothing. What can go wrong here?
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2021, 02:42:19 PM

This is why we use listing companies like Bitquick (https://www.bitquick.co/) or LocalBitcoins (https://localbitcoins.com/)... so that the exchanging is done in private, yet is protected by escrow from the listing company.

Cool
Even the listing companies you mentioned above have started requesting for forms of identification before any transactions.
Well, I feel its the best thing to do, despite the escrow system used by the listing companies.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
Starkick

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 10:00:59 AM

Which drawing do you mean? And why you think of believing in devs or not?
Bounty means gaining coins almost for nothing. What can go wrong here?
I may have expressed myself incorrectly, but I have studied the campaign conditions in more detail and have already chosen what I will participate in. Have you made your choice?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: