Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:50:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why privacy matters  (Read 3731 times)
Starkick

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 06:05:35 PM

It is because most of the stable coins are centralized and only a few are decentralized. And making one of these is different from the usual.

Aside from being decentralized, it also offers privacy and that's why I'm quite surprised.
That's exactly what surprised me also. Everything on the crypto market looks similar to each other and nothing new appears. So I will also look after this coin as if it's really private and stable - it's a new step in crypto industry. Keeping earnings anonymously with 1:1 rate to US dollar amy be a great decision.
Yes, you're right. Only one important point remains - the recognition of the coin by the crypto community and its wide popularity. Without an active audience, the project will have no value.
While we were discussing the new coin from Utopia p2p, it's main Crypton coin reached 31K active nodes already. This number amazed me as that's a really big amount. Even in comparison with top coins, some of which has twice less number.
Wow. The developers, apparently, made an incredible effort. This impresses me. After all, this number exceeds any popular coin.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimjones7

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2021, 12:44:26 AM

privacy is a mirage, all biggest internet platforms are under intelligence community's control anyway..
Sethrey (OP)

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 10:16:18 AM

privacy is a mirage, all biggest internet platforms are under intelligence community's control anyway..

The key words are "biggest internet platforms". Of course, big tech will be always under the government, following all their rules and providing all the data collected from users on demand. That's why alt-tech community is improving now and trying to provide both feedom of speech and full anonymity, like Utopia p2p does for several years already.
Starkick

View Profile
September 21, 2021, 08:24:23 AM

The key words are "biggest internet platforms". Of course, big tech will be always under the government, following all their rules and providing all the data collected from users on demand. That's why alt-tech community is improving now and trying to provide both feedom of speech and full anonymity, like Utopia p2p does for several years already.

Unfortunately, in the current indexed model of the Internet, it is difficult to achieve success and popularity without accepting the conditions of the game that are dictated by the authorities. You very correctly mentioned alttech and projects that seek to restore privacy and confidentiality to the Internet. I began to see more and more discussions about the possibility of creating NET 3.0. Maybe it's just a matter of time.
Starkick

View Profile
September 28, 2021, 08:01:41 AM

Great! This is the third bounty for this half-year, right? Thank you for the news, I'll get acquainted. I managed to forget that Utopia still has forums and the ability to create web sites.
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 12:54:36 PM

A large number of bounties allows you to attract more users to the project. This is a great opportunity for developers to familiarize the audience with the ecosystem and its features. In addition, for cryptophones, this is a good opportunity to earn money.
Starkick

View Profile
October 12, 2021, 09:16:50 AM

A large number of bounties allows you to attract more users to the project. This is a great opportunity for developers to familiarize the audience with the ecosystem and its features. In addition, for cryptophones, this is a good opportunity to earn money.
Hmm, well, from this point of view, of course, the developers are right. By the way, they also promised that by the end of 2021 there will be a release of a mobile application. Do you know if the promise is still valid?
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2021, 09:43:47 AM

Hmm, well, from this point of view, of course, the developers are right. By the way, they also promised that by the end of 2021 there will be a release of a mobile application. Do you know if the promise is still valid?
I can say you that you'd better send these questions to official Utopia channels. People there know more about the upcoming events. As I remember the date of mobile version release was postponed several times, so I won't be too positive about the latest date.
Starkick

View Profile
October 22, 2021, 09:31:24 AM

I can say you that you'd better send these questions to official Utopia channels. People there know more about the upcoming events. As I remember the date of mobile version release was postponed several times, so I won't be too positive about the latest date.
Yes, unfortunately the release of the mobile version was postponed several times during the year. However, I believe that developing a mobile application of this level of data security requires a lot of time. That's why we've been waiting for the release for so long.
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2021, 10:00:07 AM

Yes, unfortunately the release of the mobile version was postponed several times during the year. However, I believe that developing a mobile application of this level of data security requires a lot of time. That's why we've been waiting for the release for so long.
I think that devs shifted the focus to cryptocurrencies more from messenger and channels. It gives a better feedback. But for sure it will be interesting to see how popular will their messenger become. As most of existing ones have really big problems with privacy and security.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  

Jump to: