Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:50:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why privacy matters  (Read 3731 times)
Ozymon

Activity: 41
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 07:38:10 PM

I understand of your concern of the importance of privacy on internet, I believe most of bitcointalk users are on the same boat when it come to keeping privacy and stay anonym.

On the other hand, sometimes anonymity comes with a cost, I'm talking about people in general, we can be anyone and anything, even doing bad  stuffs.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Starkick

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 12:51:47 PM

And what do you guys think about Alt-tech applications and websites? I think they were created exactly to give users a freedom of speech and certain anonymity online. It's bad that they gain popularity through the QAnon movement, but at least more people get acquainted with them. Utopia p2p on the whole can also be called an alt-tech app as its main aim is to give people online anonymity and freedom.
Hmm, well, the  idea of this project is a free Internet and freedom of speech. Have you read the interviews with the developers? They talked about what inspired them, choosing the name of the project and developing it.
Sethrey (OP)

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 08:58:51 AM

Everything that was made in Silicon Valley is an infringement on people's privacy. Unless there is a major change to the way social media companies monetize their services, there will be no improvement on this issue.
Now monetization is done through ads and data collection, which I believe should be illegal. I would much rather pay a small fee per activity(post, like, etc.) to every service that I use than have everything collected into a database then sold to the highest bidder.
I think privacy matters because every man has fears and thoughts that if known, could put him at a disadvantage.

And what do you think about alt-tech projects like Utopia p2p? If it's blockchain based and provides its users full anonymity and freedom of speech? It's absolutely free as the main idea of developers' team was to provide online freedom. Now some alternatives appear, but they're too small and are limited in functions. And this project exists from 2018 and had no privacy scandals ever.
tnyldzerdm60

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 09:25:32 PM

Dear bitcointalkers, does privacy matters for you? When I started to trade btc I was sure it will always remain anonymous, but nowadays more and more exchangers ask for some identification documents for some reason. I decided to check what happens with other spheres and found that article https://hackernoon.com/why-privacy-matters-and-how-to-stop-online-harassment-q174930dm

It's really important for me to be safe online due to the several reasons. As I make payments and run the business. I don't want anyone know all the information about me.

So let's share which apps do you use for browsing, messaging, emailing, etc. Maybe you can also offer good VPN (I don't really believe them, but anyway)

Let's help each other to save our personal information.

If you choose the right campaigns, it won't be a problem. I do not look very favorably on verified campaigns. Doesn't seem reliable to me.
Starkick

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 11:41:55 AM

I recommend paying attention to the  Utopia p2p project. It really guarantees data security. In addition, for the entire time of its existence, there has not been any problem or data leakage.
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2021, 08:17:38 AM

I'm very interested in the latest news from Utopia p2p as they launched UUSD stablecoin. As I know, there are no other coins that made something like that. I think, it will give the project second birth. I can't imagine more private transactions.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 20, 2021, 11:59:08 PM

@OP so that project you've posted relates to why privacy matters? because they'll be having anonymous transactions? AFAIK, monero is the most efficient in terms of anonymity in transactions.

And most of the newer projects today doesn't really focus on it and wait, is that a stable coin? a stable coin that focuses in private transactions? first time to hear that but will they really deliver that?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Starkick

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 09:49:54 AM

And what is surprising about this? The project itself is a decentralized ecosystem. The release of a stablecoin is only a confirmation of reliability and greater stability. However, this does not affect privacy in any way.
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 10:25:22 AM

Plebs within the new technocratic order who depend on it for work,food etc will have NO privacy in the future. A well regulated privacy will only be afforded to the ruling class.

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 12:41:54 PM

@OP so that project you've posted relates to why privacy matters? because they'll be having anonymous transactions? AFAIK, monero is the most efficient in terms of anonymity in transactions.

And most of the newer projects today doesn't really focus on it and wait, is that a stable coin? a stable coin that focuses in private transactions? first time to hear that but will they really deliver that?

They already did it. I've mentioned the link in my previous post https://utopiap2p.medium.com/utopia-p2p-introduces-anonymous-usd-stablecoin-backed-by-dai-f9fc213901db What is so surprising for you? I think that someone should create a private stablecoin.
boyptc

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 11:41:25 PM

They already did it. I've mentioned the link in my previous post https://utopiap2p.medium.com/utopia-p2p-introduces-anonymous-usd-stablecoin-backed-by-dai-f9fc213901db What is so surprising for you? I think that someone should create a private stablecoin.
It is because most of the stable coins are centralized and only a few are decentralized. And making one of these is different from the usual.

Aside from being decentralized, it also offers privacy and that's why I'm quite surprised.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
boyptc

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 11:59:40 PM

It is because most of the stable coins are centralized and only a few are decentralized. And making one of these is different from the usual.

Aside from being decentralized, it also offers privacy and that's why I'm quite surprised.
I can't say that I understand all this very well. However, it seemed to me that creating a reliable stablecoin is a big step. This can become a really promising project.
There are reliable handful stable coins already. What he's up to is a stable coin that's more with privacy.

I haven't seen one of those before and that's why it caught me by suprise when I've read it. But we'll see if that project will kick in as there are known stable coins already in the market.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Saif33

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 03:58:48 AM

The most important thing is that you can't do anything in your life without privacy. Of course you have to do everything with security. If you have a bank account then you have to take good measures for your privacy . If you have money you have to keep yourself privacy .  You have to have privacy  in your own language but of course I think security is the most important thing in every human life so we have to be important. We have to do everything with privacy .
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2021, 09:27:36 AM

That's exactly what surprised me also. Everything on the crypto market looks similar to each other and nothing new appears. So I will also look after this coin as if it's really private and stable - it's a new step in crypto industry. Keeping earnings anonymously with 1:1 rate to US dollar amy be a great decision.
Melignya

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2021, 03:10:47 PM

I think it's pretty obvious.
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 10:12:34 AM

Privacy will matter when you no longer have it. Cash will matter when you no longer have it. Freedom will matter when you no longer have it. God's mercy will matter when you no longer have it.

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Starkick

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 10:57:48 AM

That's exactly what surprised me also. Everything on the crypto market looks similar to each other and nothing new appears. So I will also look after this coin as if it's really private and stable - it's a new step in crypto industry. Keeping earnings anonymously with 1:1 rate to US dollar amy be a great decision.
Yes, you're right. Only one important point remains - the recognition of the coin by the crypto community and its wide popularity. Without an active audience, the project will have no value.
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2021, 08:49:33 AM

Yes, you're right. Only one important point remains - the recognition of the coin by the crypto community and its wide popularity. Without an active audience, the project will have no value.
While we were discussing the new coin from Utopia p2p, it's main Crypton coin reached 31K active nodes already. This number amazed me as that's a really big amount. Even in comparison with top coins, some of which has twice less number.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 09, 2021, 10:30:53 AM

While we were discussing the new coin from Utopia p2p, it's main Crypton coin reached 31K active nodes already. This number amazed me as that's a really big amount. Even in comparison with top coins, some of which has twice less number.

Interesting
But I  wonder if the developers can use the "Cryptocurrency" in a society they built themselves without compromising on important ideals like Trustlessness, Permissionless, etc

I think if you are creating a cryptocurrency and compromise on any of its most important ideal/principle, you run into problems and that cryptocurrency will likely not be safe to use in any community/society existing in dangerous times
Yalalagh

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 09, 2021, 12:21:02 PM

I think it all makes sense, you feel safe, and so does your data
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: