Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:26:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why privacy matters  (Read 3733 times)
Starkick

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 10:17:21 AM

And what do you think about chia coin? Like green mining and all that hype around it. But people say that it ruins PC in a few months. While Crypton for example requires only internet for mining and is available for exchange and withdrawal. I'm exaggerated.
This is why I consider Crypton to be a greener coin. Because for its mining, you ONLY need a PC and the Internet. About Chia coin, there is already a lot of news that when mining it, the SSD wears out too quickly.
Sethrey (OP)

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 09:31:22 AM

What is privacy? Do not attribute all human privacy to shame, illegality, or evil. Some human privacy is physical behavior or born with, coupled with acquired traditional education, the undisclosed secrets that everyone knows are regarded as privacy, which is more conducive to the progress of human civilization.

Sure, you're right here. But in this case, we speak about online privacy, not about the one in a real life. And there are many people, which don't think it's something important. But just imagine how much personal data we keep online. All social media, online payments, phone tracking, and much more. If this data will get into the wrong hands, no one knows what will happen.
Starkick

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 09:00:37 PM

And I would also like to point out the fact that global corporations make a lot of money from this data. People are unlikely to give strangers the keys to their home, but they are happy to provide their data.
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 10:05:07 AM

Not many people understand the real situation. They believe that being online means no one will find them ever. Until they're hacked or their payment data is stolen, most of them will never learn anything about online security.
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 09:11:22 PM

Sometimes we find happiness when making financial transactions anonymously, because it is not convenient if all the transactions we do are
always supervised by third parties. So from that, when I first learned about Bitcoin, I was quite surprised by what Bitcoin has to offer.
We can control our own finances and most importantly our privacy is maintained when making transactions using Bitcoin. We can make
transactions without giving up anything regarding personal information, but the government doesn't like what Bitcoin has to offer.
Even so, the government cannot do anything, because until now no one has been able to control Bitcoin.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
greenslope

Activity: 90
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 10:31:25 AM

I can't wait for my mandatory smart toilets to guarantee and control that I follow the proper diet of my benevolent and caring authorities.
hornetsnest

Activity: 1459
Merit: 973

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 11:53:19 AM

I can't wait for my mandatory smart toilets to guarantee and control that I follow the proper diet of my benevolent and caring authorities.

Yes the new common health,security,safety and eco order will ensure no poop will will be left behind Grin

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
greenslope

Activity: 90
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 12:04:14 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2021, 12:17:21 PM by greenslope

It's worst than I could even imagine:

Alison McDowell: The Technocratic Takeover Decoded - Ice Age Farmer Podcast

https://odysee.com/@iceagefarmer:42/alison-mcdowell-the-technocratic:3

Summary: digital surveillance fascism to literally end human individual liberties on earth, the whole narrated as "impact investment" and for our own good and happiness...

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2021/05/fighting-disciplinary-technologies

"disciplinary technologies", the EFF just lack the understanding about the financialization aspect.

next global h2o rationing?
Starkick

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 01:41:27 PM

Sometimes we find happiness when making financial transactions anonymously, because it is not convenient if all the transactions we do are
always supervised by third parties. So from that, when I first learned about Bitcoin, I was quite surprised by what Bitcoin has to offer.
We can control our own finances and most importantly our privacy is maintained when making transactions using Bitcoin. We can make
transactions without giving up anything regarding personal information, but the government doesn't like what Bitcoin has to offer.
Even so, the government cannot do anything, because until now no one has been able to control Bitcoin.

I agree. However, what to do with non-ecological mining? And I am also concerned about the fact that the bitcoin exchange rate is changing very quickly.
Xinarae*

Activity: 1414
Merit: 326

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 02:28:46 PM

Not many people understand the real situation. They believe that being online means no one will find them ever. Until they're hacked or their payment data is stolen, most of them will never learn anything about online security.
Protecting privacy in online work is very easy no one can know anyone's information unless they share their personal information with others. In the world of crypto everything is anonymous and no one can control it although crypto is banned in many places, the privacy of online use is very secure.
peter0425

Activity: 2702
Merit: 447

View Profile
June 01, 2021, 07:10:35 AM

Yes the new common health,security,safety and eco order will ensure no poop will will be left behind Grin
hahahaha.. I also don't wanna my Poop leave behind  Grin Grin Grin

That's completely wrong . scam and hacking happens every now and then so how come that people wont even bother understand the risk?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Chato1977

Activity: 1148
Merit: 58

View Profile
June 01, 2021, 10:58:59 AM

I don't know why this is still a topic when the only question that must be answered is "Do you Really want your personality to be exposed?"

if not then you already knew the answer for this question.

Privacy is what the reason why we are all here in crypto, anbd privacy is also the reason why we are staying long inside this market.
XavierLaurent

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 01, 2021, 07:34:42 PM

As Tom Scott once said: Privacy will be dead by 2030.
And it doesn't matter really. Most of your private info is already in the web, mobile carriers sell your phone numbers, browser add-ons customize your ads at the very least. You'll live.
Mauser

Activity: 1848
Merit: 533

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 09:49:10 AM

As Tom Scott once said: Privacy will be dead by 2030.
And it doesn't matter really. Most of your private info is already in the web, mobile carriers sell your phone numbers, browser add-ons customize your ads at the very least. You'll live.

But why doesn't it matter anymore? I feel like privacy is always important, at least some form of it. It will be so much easier for scammers to extract our information and use it against us. Identity theft is already a big issue today and will grow if our data is keep getting stored. While I can understand that some people say that privacy is going to disappear it depends on all of us to fight back. If the people say that privacy is important something needs to change.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
hornetsnest

Activity: 1459
Merit: 973

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 10:04:45 AM

Privacy=yes=dignity  Anonymity=no=unaccountability

Smiley

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 08:48:00 AM

Protecting privacy in online work is very easy no one can know anyone's information unless they share their personal information with others. In the world of crypto everything is anonymous and no one can control it although crypto is banned in many places, the privacy of online use is very secure.

I won't agree with you. There are a lot of online wallets, which require personal data for bigger transactions. And uploading your passport means sharing everything about you. That's why I prefer projects like Utopia p2p where none of your information is required for anything.
Starkick

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 10:30:42 AM

I agree with your ideas. For a reason, Darkweb is popular among users. Yes, of course, you can find a large number of illegal things there, but then the Utopia P2P is a more convenient replacement for it.
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 01:37:27 PM

I agree with your ideas. For a reason, Darkweb is popular among users. Yes, of course, you can find a large number of illegal things there, but then the Utopia P2P is a more convenient replacement for it.

I won't say it's more convenient as you have to upload 200Mb+ soft. Tor is more trustworthy as it's a worldwide known project. But the convenience of Utopia is in a wider range of functions and probably in the best encryption.
Starkick

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 09:12:14 AM

Maybe I'm being subjective. However, I still don't really trust THOR. However, I was forced to use it. Now there are alternatives and I want to find a better one.
PrimRock

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 01:49:46 PM

Privacy does matter because you don't want someone to know the places you visit regularly and how often you visit or what you do, not do, etc.
Someone with ill-intentions coming to know about your plans can make things worse for you very easily.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: