Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:53:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I 'delete' useless tokens from my wallet?  (Read 4890 times)
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1178

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 01:52:16 PM

Just create a new wallet and transfer everything useful to there

Unfortunately, this is the only method available for those who use ERC-20 platforms right now. And I regard this as one of the drawbacks of this platform. I used to be very active in airdrops and bounty campaigns, and as a result I receive a lot of spam tokens (i.e promotional tokens) in my ERC-20 address. I can't get rid of them, as there is no option to delete them. If I move the good tokens to another wallet, then I need to pay the transaction fee.

But you can use lowest available gas/gwei to transfer tokens to etherdelta or forkdelta. Transaction with 21000 gas and 3 gwei cost a bit more than 1 cent. If you really have a lot, I suppose you are able to spend 1 dollar to get rid of them Smiley Think about it, few dollars and your wallet is clean from trash

You can face only 1 problem, some tokens could be locked...

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suryapro

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 07:22:42 PM

I don't think you only have useless coins, we all have them too. but just leave the names of these dead coins at our address. who knows the owner / project of the owner of this coin wakes up from his sleep. Grin Grin

stobox 
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
◉ ───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin  ─────── ◉
Zazzu

Activity: 518
Merit: 256

Living the truth....

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:00:32 PM

You cannot remove those tokens from your wallet, you can simply move it to a new address. But surely you will waste gas to do so. Why not create a new address, it will be much simpler and faster
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:53:24 PM

You can send it to another ethereum wallet, or to this wallet - 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000dead it is a token burn wallet, but you will have to pay fees for each transfer and when you send ERC20 token, the transaction fee is much higher.  Cry

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:59:03 PM

Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy
You cannot delete it from your wallet,  all you can do is to transfer from your wallet to another wallet or you just abandon the wallet and make use of new wallet,  but I will prefer you abandoned it and use new one because of stress in transferring and gas money,  sometimes eth network will be congested and gas fee is high

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 08:58:07 AM

You can do anything with tokens already owned in the wallet including kicking out shitcoin, shitcoin lists are very annoying but throwing them away requires transaction fees, another option is to hide shitcoin using metamask.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Salamstar

Activity: 534
Merit: 295

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 09:13:02 AM

Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

Since they are dead tokens, they will not affect anything on your wallet, but you will be charged with paying the transfer fees. The other thing is that there are currencies that we cannot transfer or sell it in wallet because the owners of the project have locked it so that we cannot sell them.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2020, 09:19:50 AM

yes, maybe you can send it to the address randomly, or if you want you can send it to my address. I understand your feelings because I'm also feeling it where all the tokens in the wallet are almost all useless or not valuable. but I'm sure there is still hope, because the tokens that I collected from 2018 did initially seem hopeless, but after this time I checked again there were developments in exchange. although it's very slow, but I think that's positive rather than nothing.
terizla

Activity: 555
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2020, 12:09:03 PM

You can send to random address, but this is need eth to fee. Better you create new eth address. This is more simple and no need to waste your eth.  Grin
rahmatullah9305

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 12:58:50 PM

I don't think you only have useless coins, we all have them too. but just leave the names of these dead coins at our address. who knows the owner / project of the owner of this coin wakes up from his sleep. Grin Grin
The owner of a useless coin project obviously never sleeps, because if he sleeps automatically he will not be able to make useless coins, The point is he is smart to make coins even though it is not useful to anyone.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2020, 01:01:57 PM

You can send to random address, but this is need eth to fee. Better you create new eth address. This is more simple and no need to waste your eth.  Grin
But if you are lunatic would you do that? Sending tokens to unknown wallet just to dispose these tokens are totally negative move. I often think why some irritated with their wallets seeing useless tokens, they can just always create new one or if not just dont mind those tokens.

I know some using gas to dispose their shitcoin but what could they achieved with that? Haha very obsessive compulsive people.

KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 11:39:46 PM

Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy
I'm curious to know how did you earn this useless token. If you earned all token by social hunting than you can't be over sure that all token is useless. Only most of the airdrop token will be useless. There is no exists process that you can burn your all useless token. Good suggestion from some advisors that change your wallet after long time like Ethereum blockchain wallet.
sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2020, 11:53:58 PM

If you use wallets such as Imtoken or trust wallets,you can easily go to the token settings to disable them,it will still be in your wallet but will not be visible or your can send them to a token burn address. I have a lot useless tokens too in my wallet
sinta23

Activity: 668
Merit: 100

DogData

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 12:56:05 PM

If you use wallets such as Imtoken or trust wallets,you can easily go to the token settings to disable them,it will still be in your wallet but will not be visible or your can send them to a token burn address. I have a lot useless tokens too in my wallet
Its only "hide" useless token not "delete" useless tokens from wallet.
it will better create new wallet,if you feel disturbed by useless token on your wallet  Grin.

gunungkembar

Activity: 545
Merit: 43

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 01:02:52 PM

Better create a new wallet. If you have a lot of dubious coins, then you probably took part in a lot of dubious projects, who knows whether you made a mistake somewhere or not.
In addition, your wallet may be in the registry of spammers who send advertising spam coins. My advice is to create a new one.

when making a new wallet again I don't think it would be a good solution, because surely sending tokens to a new wallet will require shipping costs and certainly it will make you confused because you have lots of wallets and will make you confused when you want to use it.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 01:09:06 PM

Creating a new address will definitely save you a lot of time and money. Actually you can move those tokens to another address, but you will spend a lot of money on gas charges and you should not waste that way

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bananington

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 01:11:54 PM

Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

Sure, you can send them to whatever address you want, but why? You'll use gas for no good reason... I have about 10 dead tokens, i really don't care. I just ignore them.

Very wise reply, why send the dead tokens out when you will still waste gas fee. What i normally do is hide them if the wallet permits or just ignore as mentioned. What harm does it do to your wallet? So what's the essence worrying about dead tokens in your wallet. Also a token i tagged dead in my wallet surprised me, the project rebranded and i swapped the tokens and made close to 100$ from it.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
sidkz
Copper Member

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 01:34:14 PM

I also have many tokens from obscure projects that are unlikely to begin to be sold on exchanges
but they don’t bother me like I just don’t pay attention to them
Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 01:38:57 PM

Better leave them be, or move out the tokens you need to another wallet and abandoned the old wallet with the useless tokens, I have many in my wallets and it doesn't bother me, wonders how it bothers you

cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 01:41:18 PM

You cannot delete it directly, you must send it to any wallet, but it is not very good, in my opinion, because you have to release gas for something unnecessary, just leave it there, just ignore it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: