Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:05:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I 'delete' useless tokens from my wallet?  (Read 4890 times)
Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 07:19:50 PM

it is difficult to delete tokens that have no price and just stored up in our wallets especially on ethereum wallets, I have a lot of junk tokens that I get from the bounty and now it's just a bad display and must be enjoyed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VIP BTC

Activity: 375
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 10:50:02 PM

Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

Create a new wallet, and send all shitcoins in that wallet, if you don't want to retrieve it, and for memory, then throw away the private key, so you can't access the wallet. If one day the price increases again, then history proves that there are coins in the wallet that cannot be taken by everyone. And this also happened to Bitcoin when the Bitcoin price was $ 0,xxx.
That is not a good idea,

There is no need to spend transaction fees just to remove all those useless tokens, just let it be in the wallet and just do nothing. Also, transferring it will just cost you more than you have imagine, transaction fees nowadays is higher than usual due to the increase in price of eth.

Of course it's not a very good idea, but the OP wants it.  Grin
If the wallet the OP uses is based on MEW, of course he can create a new wallet, and leave the old wallet. The cost of creating a wallet is zero.
If indeed the wallet is from Ledger or something similar, of course it is impossible to throw it away, because of the high price. It's just that he needs to pay a fee to clean the wallet.

Fakhrulenclix

Activity: 1624
Merit: 330

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 10:57:40 PM

Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy
You can't to deleted it except you send it out as you say
But for what?? You want to throw away Ethereum maybe can reach $0.5 to $1 to pay the gas fee. If you have 10 or even more coins you will throw away about $10.

Just ignore it is the best action

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 11:50:10 PM

I also get annoyed sometimes seeing some worthless tokens in my wallet. We cannot delete these tokens,
the best solution is to just let the token be in our wallet, because moving it will only waste withdrawal fees.
Unless the wallet you are using already supports the feature of hiding some of the tokens you choose so that
they are not visible or appear on your token list.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 11:53:27 PM

well you can simply send your useless or shit token to 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 this address or you could generate your own wallet with wallet generator then send all of your useless token the the wallet, because no one will having access to your generated wallet or this burning wallet.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
sharos

Activity: 551
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2020, 04:42:07 AM

I know useless token always shit. But, I think you will just waste Gas fees by sending that to another address. In my opinion, I suggest you not need to transfer that tokens.
robattfield

Activity: 783
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 05:00:01 AM

If you want to clean your wallet by shittoken, you can also transfer them to any address you want, and this will cost you a fee gas. But I think this is redundant and unnecessary, i have to spend money doing it, my wallet contains a lot of worthless tokens. If I think like you, i would have to lose hundreds of $ fee.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2020, 05:30:22 AM

You don't delete
Even by burning ERC20 tokens on Ethereum Chain would require you to sent to a specific address

Anyhow it doesn't affect you except making your wallet look "unorganized"
Just sent to 0x7C291eB2D2Ec9A35dba0e2C395c5928cd7d90e51 if you wanted to burnt the trash tokens
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 05:31:14 AM

Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

you can create a new wallet and send all your crap tokens to that wallet. so you will get rid of the tokens that you dont want. It will be something like you delete then temporary and shifted to recycle bin and good thing that you can restore them anytime  Wink
Maestro75

Activity: 1918
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2020, 06:34:17 AM
Merited by palle11 (2)

Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

To avoid you regretting later why not just click on hidden button to hide the tokens from sight? You never can tell if those tokens you call worthless now will later rise once activities and publicity on them begins. There is no harm in keeping many tokens in your wallet. Scrolling down to find tokens or using the search engine on your wallet should not be any problem for anyone. I suggest you leave them in your wallet but hide them.
bluebit25

Activity: 1624
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2020, 07:15:12 AM

As you can see, those tokens are useless in your personal wallet. Do you try to ask yourself the opposite question to see if it makes sense?
With tokens, you can transfer it to any wallet on the same platform you want and this will cost you a transaction fee. I find that almost all of our personal wallets contain such tokens, but i never get annoyed or loved by those nonsense.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 07:18:19 AM

You can send the tokenS back to their smart contract address or find an unknown eth address and send the tokens away but if were you I'd keep those junk tokens, now that Bitcoin is surging few shitcoins can still be profitable

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 08:18:42 AM

You can send the tokenS back to their smart contract address or find an unknown eth address and send the tokens away but if were you I'd keep those junk tokens, now that Bitcoin is surging few shitcoins can still be profitable

Yeah this is true. Any shitcoin that is listed on ANY exchange (and this includes uniswap and FD) should see some price increase once ETH starts going up like it did in 2017.
So prepare to empty those wallets. Don't do "what-ifs" because you did that already and that's why you have ton of shitcoins
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 08:23:00 AM

I've met few insane crypto investors in this space before, all they do is buy useless tokens and hope for a better tomorrow, when I tell them they are stupid they said their stupidity got them rich in 2017, altcoin season of that year was so big that every shitcoins benefited from the wild ride, smart thing can still happen, keep your shitcoins
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 09:41:18 AM

I know useless token always shit. But, I think you will just waste Gas fees by sending that to another address. In my opinion, I suggest you not need to transfer that tokens.
Indeed. You will be wasting gas fees when you try to transfer your funds to another wallet, so I suggest it's better to ignore all of your funds and stay in your wallet because it is very unlikely for shitcoins to have a good price. So you won't be able to make a profit from it, even you try to risk money to pay for gas fees.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
baiwei

Activity: 541
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 09:56:10 AM

Yes you can delete it and its up to you if you want to clean your wallet with shitcoins, you can transfer them to any address if you want. But for me I'd rather ignore it or just simply leave it on my wallet so that I don't have to spend money doing it.
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 10:01:48 AM

Hahah agree, just let it there and become wallet's decoration, that's quite nice. i also have savaeral shitcoins from projects that already inactive right now, but that's okay just let it on my wallet

Shadovka

Activity: 896
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 10:08:11 AM

You can remove them whenever you want but i am more curious why will you want to remove those coins? One fact is that the coin might be worthless now but it is only "now". You never know when the real value of the coin will be in 1 years or few years down the road just like what happen to bitcoin

albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1350

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 01:03:23 PM

I don't advise you to delete them or send them to other addresses, you may find that they are useful in the future when the development of the coin project continues, if you send them to another address, you will only lose fees and the presence of these coins in your wallet does not cost any risk, so you should not hurry and hold them because you do not know what will happen tomorrow.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 01:31:36 PM

Don't bother deleting useless tokens from your wallet, you can still sell them for good price, bitcoin is surging now and soon altcoins will take over, all you need is patience mate, hold your coins or create a new wallet to store shit coins

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: