Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:34:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I 'delete' useless tokens from my wallet?  (Read 4890 times)
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 10:51:43 AM

You can create another wallet and send it to that . But your wasting or spending gas for sending . But good thing is that we never know when some of the project raises and make some good money . It happened with me with some of the projects i kept idle in wallet when i was checking in coindecko and etherdelta some active trade happening . So better move it to etherdelta if you really want to some trade might happening there .

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siajeen

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 10:59:08 AM

if coins disturb you, you can delete tokens from your wallet. But the idea that to send to random wallets is also good. In my wallet, there are also coins like in your wallet, but to make something about these coins seems to me something wasting-time. l don't want to spend a few time to send or delete them from my wallet. It is just your opinion. If you want to do it, just do it.
103deltafox

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 01:44:58 PM

Very funny, seem you got loads of shit tokens, you can't actually delete them, but you can turn of the ticker  through the setting option, once it's turned off, it won't show in your wallet,but it's still there unless you want to completely send it out to a particular address.

cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 01:49:14 PM

Very funny, seem you got loads of shit tokens, you can't actually delete them, but you can turn of the ticker  through the setting option, once it's turned off, it won't show in your wallet,but it's still there unless you want to completely send it out to a particular address.
it will waste money on the cost of disposing of tokens on certain wallets. leave it there, it won't bother us either. even though it's garbage, I don't think we need to throw it away let alone we have to spend more money to throw it away.

anhhung409

Activity: 318

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 03:21:14 PM

Some tokens have switches in their contracts and if you try to transfer them, your transaction will fail. This is my least favorite. My address and I can't even choose to remove the tokens that I don't like.

shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2020, 03:36:29 PM

Yes, you can send it to a new wallet but it is totally waste of time and gas, so ignore it may be one coin in dead coin give you some good return in future.

aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 07:50:30 AM

To the best of my understanding so far, there is no way yet to delete tokens from a wallet other than sending to a different address or switching off the token, thus making it hidden in your wallet, in that way, you won't even know it is there and gradually forgets about it. However, I think switching off the token from your settings would be the best idea since sending out the token to a different address costs gas fees which a useless token doesn't deserve.
SyndicateLabs

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 07:55:00 AM

Keep it in your wallet. Most likely in the future those tokens will be listed in exchanges and you will be able to sell it. Do not waste time and money to be able to move them to another wallet
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 07:59:40 AM

This will be a waste of time to send useless tokens from your wallet to a new or burned wallet because it will costs transaction fees and your time. You can't delete useless tokens from your wallet. I have many useless tokens in my wallet and i have kept it in my wallet without doing anything.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2828
Merit: 605

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 10:29:54 AM

it might be an idea to move all the spam tokens or those that are now unusable on a new wallet created on purpose but I'm afraid that the transaction fees may be high, then there are those tokens like aeternity that have changed blockchain and therefore you can no longer move and will remain forever in our wallet
Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 02:06:21 PM

This will be a waste of time to send useless tokens from your wallet to a new or burned wallet because it will costs transaction fees and your time. You can't delete useless tokens from your wallet. I have many useless tokens in my wallet and i have kept it in my wallet without doing anything.
I also have a huge amount of these tokens and I do not understand how they disturb some people. I see no reason why they need to be sent somewhere. maybe in one day these tokens will start to grow  Grin

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
oscarftw

Activity: 573
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 08:30:35 PM

I also have a huge amount of these tokens and I do not understand how they disturb some people. I see no reason why they need to be sent somewhere. maybe in one day these tokens will start to grow  Grin
That's 100 percent correct. When we have a chance to earn money from this wallet, why will we ruin it? I don't care what people think about my shit coins. Actually no one cares about other wallets shit coins. The Tokens list is always getting updated by new tokens, some old tokens lost marketcap. If you are lucky, your tokens could be top.
ZincUnrated

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 08:51:25 PM

Depends on the kind of wallet you are using. Trust wallet and imtoken for example offer you the opportunity to toggle on and off the tokens you don't want shown in your asset list when you access these wallets. Unfortunately, I don't think you can chose to delete these assets completely. You can either chose to display them or hide them. Should you want to delete them, maybe you should consider sending the said tokens back to their contract addresses or send them back to the addresses you got them from in the first place.
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 09:16:18 PM

Blockchain and smart contracts would be worthless if it would allow someone to just delete a few tokens and keep on going... like it was sai previously, there is no way to do this, you can choose for MEW to not display these tokens, send them somewhere else ~(need to pay fees), or just createanother wallet to send your valid tokens (need to pay fees)
I just leave them alone and they do not bother me Smiley 

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 09:29:47 PM

Indeed why not? you can just delete useless tokens from your wallet, or maybe you can send it to any wallet. But in my mind to delete is the best variant instead of sending tokens in any wallet. Maybe if you don't see these tokens anymore, it can be also helpful to create a new wallet and then send your tokens in this wallet. Maybe it can be also a solution, it is up to you what to do.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 09:31:10 PM

I found a tutorial here about how to hide the tokens you don't want to see anymore.
https://github.com/MetaMask/metamask-extension/pull/4482
So, what we do is to hide the tokens, mate? Not remove them, right? Sure we don't have gas with that way. But this is a good way, at least all the dead tokens aren't visible anymore. I also prefer to hide them than sending them to a random address that requires some gas. Anyway, thanks for sharing the info, will try!!  Wink

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 09:33:39 PM

Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy
Well it depends on you if you deleted or not, Because for me I keep them because they have time it will going to swap to another tokens and have a chance to trade them into a high price. But if we think there was no future the tokens we have so just leave them it waste of time to hold them for so long.

As of now I have more than 10 tokens in my wallet and one of them are forgotten or abandoned to the project that I participated.
republicrypto

Activity: 1386
Merit: 252

Keep it Simple guys :)

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 09:43:17 PM

Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

of course mate or vice versa
wich mean you can send your valuable tokens to new wallet address and let your useless tokens in your old wallet addres
regards
Odebowa

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 10:44:24 PM

what are you waiting for, its just like a junks that is a waste bin can one still use it, since they are worthless  dont think you need it, but again before tagging it as shit coin did carry out your own analysis is shit coin, or you tagged it base of rumour, that its another thing apart from that nothing else you need it for 
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 11:32:11 PM

of course mate or vice versa
wich mean you can send your valuable tokens to new wallet address and let your useless tokens in your old wallet addres
regards
Well, I think this will be a good idea if the Op is desperately wanting to remove those tokens. However, the tome, the effort and money (fees) that would be used on this should have been better used on something more productive.
Also, doing a thing like this, in a time such as this, when transaction fee is so much, it means that OP would have to use a big fund for that. Particularly if the tokens he wants to discard are so much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: