Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:57:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRS] Groestlcoin | 1st to activate Segwit & Taproot  (Read 557981 times)
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 05:59:03 PM

3 reasons why I hate groestlcoin:

1 the coin and value are overrated
2 the deveopers show no heart, all nerds.
3 the community manager is an idiot.

I love digibyte! Be smart trade GRS for digibyte.

I'm sorry, but you're a strange
lol,wtf is this  Undecided

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:28:16 AM

Just ignore those sell your coin and buy my coin messages, because thats what it is .... pure nonsense
It shows how desperate some people are to get the coins they got the most to get any value
jackielove4u

Activity: 608
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:11:43 AM

You have to understand, he will say anything to bump the thread. Would he get a reaction of you if he would say: GRS GRS GRS? Politicians love to manipulate..

PGP fingerprint: 287A E4CA 1187 C68C 08B4  9CB2 D11B D4F3 3F1D B499
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 06:47:14 PM

You have to understand, he will say anything to bump the thread. Would he get a reaction of you if he would say: GRS GRS GRS? Politicians love to manipulate..
Well its the best thing he ever said. Thats a bump worth.

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
themikeymen001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Feel free to contact me

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 08:10:11 AM

What os THE most successful coin for this moment....?
themikeymen001

Feel free to contact me

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 08:51:25 PM

Someone any idea?
themikeymen001

Feel free to contact me

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 08:41:34 AM

Grin GRS wake up:o
themikeymen001

Feel free to contact me

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 09:47:24 AM

Shocked GRS still stable
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 02:35:23 PM

Someone any idea?

Of course, XMG, the coin of the Magi.
themikeymen001

Feel free to contact me

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 02:38:56 PM

Can someone of THE developers tell which new features are upcoming...?
bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:30:24 PM

Have you tried out the html5 JSWallet already, going to test if for some time
I normally do not use online wallets, but this looks pretty well made and might be usefull even for the cautious people like me Smiley
Positive points this far easy to setup, ease of use and most important its fast.
themikeymen001

Feel free to contact me

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 05:25:00 AM

Thanks for sharing your opinion; great!
gruve_p (OP)

Activity: 355
Merit: 65

Founder Groestlcoin

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:15:46 PM

Hi!

We have a new community manager for Bitcointalk since today.
We would like to welcome Bronan to the Groestlcoin family and in the same time thank themikeymen001 for all his efforts.

Best Regards,

gruve_p.

themikeymen001

Feel free to contact me

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:18:18 PM

Please introduce yourself new community manager.....
Who are you? What is your background? Why interested in GRS!
Welcome!
bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:16:32 PM

A while ago i got in contact with Jackielove4u about a discussion on the forum, and we kept in contact since that day.
He asked me some questions about cryptocoins and mentioned GRS, so at one point he asked me if i would be willing to help.
At first i just provided some ideas and mentioned some ideas what could be improved.
By that i got also interrested into the Groestlcoin itself and kinda discovered its one of the coins with the best development as far as i can see.
Ofcourse that does not make a coin succesfull on itself as most of us know, but it can be very important if the community succeeds in getting more people to use the coin.
After some discussions on for instance email, personal messages and on the slack chat, i got the question if i would be willing to help the community on bitcointalk and at some point accepted to get involved. Ofcourse my busy schedule does not allways allow me to make time to be daily active.
But i often am able to slip into the my vpn to my house and watch what is shown at the forums or chat Wink.
Anyway long story short i have been asked to be the voice on bitcointalk and i accepted this job as the community manager.
I am sure we as a community should be able to get the Groestlcoin back in the spotlights where it deserves to be.

So Lets introduce myself :

I am a guy living with my lady near Zwolle in the netherlands,

Started many years ago as a alpha tester at the seti program and donated many thousands of hours cpu time and later also huge loads of gpu power.

We made it as a team ( Team Elteor Borislavj ) which consisted only out of 7 persons to become even nr 5 at the world top list.
This was a massive achievement because we surpassed huge groups of people with often hundreds or even thousands on members.

At some point UD research started a project to use cpu power to find medicine for certain illness and we would get paid a small amount when they succeed.
The project became a huge succes but the greed of the ones running the project, kept the billions of dollars they made for themselfs.

After i jumped back on several BOINC projects i kinda lost interrest in helping those projects, a friend in germany said have a look at what i am doing.
You probably guessed it Bitcoin so i fired up the good old cpu/gpu farm and farmed alot of coins, now back then they had kinda not much value.

At some point some people offered services for fun like buying pizza, hamburger, art, socks and  all that kinda funny stuff like t-shirts and coffee mugs.
So i spend alot on those and i admit i should have kept a bigger part for later Smiley, but you can not change history.
Even a mistake with sending 5000 btc as fee was not gonna hurt anyone because they had no real value.

A few years later i wanted to shoot myself in the foot for spending these coins i did back then, and mess with the coins so easily Cheesy
Anyway i ended up in the world of crypto and am one person who is known to show the footangles and potential problems.

I have several times warned for instance bitcointalk.org that they might get hacked, they laughed me off but less than a year later boooom hacked.

I worked as a network engineer for years and loved to build and install server systems.
At one point in time my head of department disappeared suddenly and the CEO asked me as a senior to take control.
So i became in time the reserve IT manager
I must admit i tried to ditch the job constant and kept trying to move someone else into taking over the job, but many who got hired todo the job got fired or could not really handle the department well.
So i was put back in charge several times, at some point i decided to stay at the job and still am.

Currently the crypto community is struggling to keep things going and the endless stream of new coins and bad news about the community will be a hard thing to get rid of in the near future. As you have noticed the crypto world is dominated mostly by very technical people.

And that is one of the largest footangles in the crypto industry, for us it all looks easy and handy but believe me its scary as hell for non tech people.
Even my wife does not go near any of it, or any of our friends. As a gamer i also know a large portion of people and even these never go near crypto coins.

So i am kinda trying to find ways to get those non technical people into using the crypto coins.
The most important issue is still not resolved in the crypto industry, a way to make it all easy for absolute everyone and have enough security ( NO not the coin but the failures from the person themselfs as well) see when you send of the coins they are gone no matter what.

Compare that to bank transfer if you made a mistake you can often get your money back or in case its send private you can ask the person to send it back.
Ofcourse some people will not but thats besides the point, another feature is the security that if something happens to for instance the banks the governements repay your losses up to a certain amount. Again in the crypto world its lost.

That does not mean your money is safe in all situations but often you have some kinda fail safe build in for situations
Lets be honest everyday you read about some kinda scam, disappearing company or even a crypto company who suddenly decides your money is not worth anything tommorow without even telling you upfront.

So are these people wrong not to get involved in crypto, if i am honest to myself i say "no" they are right there is much to be done.
That also brings us to alot of other questions to be answered and they are kinda constant being talked about.

So start to think about what we can do to make things easy and try to find ways to prevent some of the risks involved, which are lacking in the current crypto solutions.
Also let me remind you people by just holding large amounts of coins, you are not really helping the coin
It might give you a quick buck, but if they are just sitting in your wallet they might end up like cinnicoin ( worthless )

You gotta use them to get the community going, ofcourse its wise to keep a few at reserve.
Ofcourse i can not stop people from being greedy thats seems to be one of less good things about humanity.

Only a few seem to understand that keeping thousands of coins in a wallet without using them nothing will happen.
You gotta use them to get actions going, what are they worth if you have say 10 million coins stashed in a wallet without having any means or value.
For instance i had 30 million beecoins and guess what they are worth now, indeed nothing the coin died completely.

So people come on do use your coins, you have to make the coin a usefull product.
Not just another stashed away coin, which eventually ends in just another failed coin.

I am open for discussions with everyone involved into groestlcoin, you can contact me here or at our forum or use slack.

Lets make groestlcoin a well known and used coin !!

jackielove4u

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:28:36 AM

Welcome!

You probably guessed it Bitcoin so i fired up the good old cpu/gpu farm and farmed alot of coins, now back then they had kinda not much value.

Interesting. Do you still have a cpu/gpu farm?

So i spend alot on those and i admit i should have kept a bigger part for later Smiley, but you can not change history.

As you said it yourself. If people would not spend alot back then, the value of btc would not rise right? Imagine everybody thinking like you (keeping bigger part for later), i don't think that bitcoin would be so popular like now.

Currently the crypto community is struggling to keep things going and the endless stream of new coins and bad news about the community will be a hard thing to get rid of in the near future. As you have noticed the crypto world is dominated mostly by very technical people.
And that is one of the largest footangles in the crypto industry, for us it all looks easy and handy but believe me its scary as hell for non tech people.
Even my wife does not go near any of it, or any of our friends. As a gamer i also know a large portion of people and even these never go near crypto coins.

Very true but again, i have a feeling that the bad news are dominating the good news.
To be honest, there are more bad news and scams with fiat but people are not getting scarred which is odd. Who do you think is going to pay for the fiat scams? Yes, we the tax payers. It's a matter of changing your mindset.

The most important issue is still not resolved in the crypto industry, a way to make it all easy for absolute everyone and have enough security ( NO not the coin but the failures from the person themselfs as well) see when you send of the coins they are gone no matter what.

Compare that to bank transfer if you made a mistake you can often get your money back or in case its send private you can ask the person to send it back.
Ofcourse some people will not but thats besides the point, another feature is the security that if something happens to for instance the banks the governements repay your losses up to a certain amount. Again in the crypto world its lost.

That does not mean your money is safe in all situations but often you have some kinda fail safe build in for situations
Lets be honest everyday you read about some kinda scam, disappearing company or even a crypto company who suddenly decides your money is not worth anything tommorow without even telling you upfront.

AFAIK this can be only achieved by regulating Groestlcoin.

Also let me remind you people by just holding large amounts of coins, you are not really helping the coin
It might give you a quick buck, but if they are just sitting in your wallet they might end up like cinnicoin ( worthless )

You gotta use them to get the community going, ofcourse its wise to keep a few at reserve.
Ofcourse i can not stop people from being greedy thats seems to be one of less good things about humanity.

Only a few seem to understand that keeping thousands of coins in a wallet without using them nothing will happen.
You gotta use them to get actions going, what are they worth if you have say 10 million coins stashed in a wallet without having any means or value.
For instance i had 30 million beecoins and guess what they are worth now, indeed nothing the coin died completely.

So people come on do use your coins, you have to make the coin a usefull product.
Not just another stashed away coin, which eventually ends in just another failed coin.

+10000 This is so true!
The best way to give grs more value is: Purchase something with grs and then buy the same ammount back (from exchange).

bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:33:44 PM

Interesting. Do you still have a cpu/gpu farm?

Well do i still have a large gpu farm, not really for several reasons.
First of all when i started mining on the cpu/gpu part of it was allowed to run some at the company.
After a few CEO changes one decided it was no longer allowed so alot of machines had to be turned off and where sold.
The 6 gpu rigs at home slowly was turned off for 2 reasons each of them became more powerfull with the newer cards being released.
But caused also a lot of heat. At some point did they release so much heat that the airconditioning could no longer cool them off enough to run properly.
The third and most important reason why most rigs have disappeared or am turned off is that the energy prices has steadily been rising so much that its no longer possible to keep them running. Unless the price of the coin would cover at least the energy prices or the price you can buy them at.
I am not going into details but i can not be involved directly into a business, so i can not get a bit cheaper energy prices in my country.
Small firms can have contracts around 0.04 and very large firms can have contract below 0.02 per kwh/euro.
These prices depends ofcourse also if one is using enough energy for them to give you those low prices.
For the rigs i have been looking many times at hosting them elsewhere but funny enough the hosters actually shut off their own rigs themselfs. And the prices to host them elsewhere will be as high as keeping them over here in most cases.
This far its cheaper to buy coins from those with very low energy prices which are offered at the exchanges.
Sometimes when its cool enough i let one rig run with the windows open especially when its freezing Cheesy.
I do like gpu mining alot but we need more power effective gpu's to make it worthwhile.
Actually am hoping the new AMD models will be another step in that direction, but this far we seen only rumours and not yet have a clue how much energy they would use.

As you said it yourself. If people would not spend alot back then, the value of btc would not rise right? Imagine everybody thinking like you (keeping bigger part for later), i don't think that bitcoin would be so popular like now.

You have forgot your glasses on this one Wink.
I actually spend while many others stashed almost every coin. We actually seem to agree that those who spend and use the coins make the coin more valuable.
Sometimes i regret to have spend so much of the coins i generated, and i do miss the times seeing 50 coins rolling in Wink. But as of today i still spend any coin i own or buy in shops.
For instance in my country on www.justeat.nl where the local food chains can provide a meal for instance with bitcoin.
Would it not be awesome to see people use GRS to order a meal, or whatever at for instance a supermarket where you pay with your phone Cheesy ( Hint, Hint GRS wallet ).

That is also the reason why i am looking at shops and means where i can spend the coins i buy and generate, ofcourse one person can not make a difference.
We need the whole community to become the ones feeding the question whats that groestlcoin he used to pay.
It is as fast as paying with cash Smiley.

themikeymen001

Feel free to contact me

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 12:04:02 PM

Ideal chit-chatting. Commonly acceptance is the key: I mentioned it before to jackie: sexy, fast and easiness. Otherwise we will stay a hobby club with (computer nerds) who love the concept.
jackielove4u

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:27:39 PM

Ideal chit-chatting. Commonly acceptance is the key: I mentioned it before to jackie: sexy, fast and easiness. Otherwise we will stay a hobby club with (computer nerds) who love the concept.

Working on it  Grin
Expect some nice releases next month

themikeymen001

Feel free to contact me

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 04:33:26 PM

Exciting times coming up
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: