Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:36:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRS] Groestlcoin | 1st to activate Segwit & Taproot  (Read 557981 times)
coinphilosopher

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:30:09 AM

Hi! I'm interested in the Segwit feature and "enhanced Bitcoin/cryptocurrency features" like off-chain payment methods and sidechains.

Are there plans to test Lightning Network implementations, Sidechains or/and Atomic Swaps with Groestlcoin once they are usable? Thanks!
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackielove4u

Activity: 608
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:36:31 AM

Can I use ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1.7 to mine?
If not which one should I use?

No use this:
http://groestlcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=376.0

The performance is bad

Mining is not profitable. Only diehard groestlers are mining currently.

(If we just voluntarily increased our transaction fees, would that help the miners?)

The current miners will keep mining even with no transaction fees. The only way to attract new miners is higher grs price.

PGP fingerprint: 287A E4CA 1187 C68C 08B4  9CB2 D11B D4F3 3F1D B499
jackielove4u

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Are there plans to test Lightning Network implementations, Sidechains or/and Atomic Swaps with Groestlcoin once they are usable? Thanks!

Yes. There are plans to test Lightning Network and Atomic Swaps.
For atomic swaps we first need other coins to activate segwit.

For lightning network:
1. port btcd (written in GO) for groestlcoin: https://github.com/btcsuite/btcd
2. port Lightning network (written in GO) for groestlcoin: https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd
3. Start testing it on grs testnet

Our team is not familiar with GO so it will take time..

Mery

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:19:55 PM

Hello guys, I believe you are experts here so can you help me answer some questions? Smiley
1, In what category is the coin first? In what category coin promotes itself?
2, What new features this coin creates? How is it unique?
3, Are promises kept by devs?
4, Are features on roadmap delivered regularly?
5, What is overall state of development?
6, Can I find somewhere number of daily transactions?
coinphilosopher

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:56:42 PM

For lightning network:
2. port Lightning network (written in GO) for groestlcoin: https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd

Thanks! I will try to follow the development of Groestlcoin and could participate in testing of these features (not development, I'm not a coder). I've already installed the GRS client.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:36:02 PM

Hello guys, I believe you are experts here so can you help me answer some questions? Smiley

I'll be happy to read the answers to these questions.
jackielove4u

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:52:52 AM

For lightning network:

Thanks! I will try to follow the development of Groestlcoin and could participate in testing of these features (not development, I'm not a coder). I've already installed the GRS client.

Try testing all our wallets and provide feedback, that would be helpfull.

jackielove4u

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:47:55 PM

Wazzup with asking the same questions to all other altcoins?
Anyway:

1. First coin with groestl only algo. First coin with Segwit. First coin that ported Armory. First coin with a BIP44 mobile wallet. First coin that ported Multisigna. First coin that ported wallet to WPF. First coin that ported Multibit HD. First coin that ported Samourai. First coin that ported Sentinel. First coin that ported Abcore. First coin that ported Aegis. We promote the coin as an old fashioned cpu and gpu minable pow coin.
2. No big difference with Bitcoin. 1 min block times instead 10. Diff retarget of 1 min. 5 times the total supply of Bitcoin.
3. There are no promises done by devs ever. They said they will focuss only on development to explore new features and possibilities.
4. There is no roadmap. We work in release cycles of 3 months. So every 3 months you can expect updates on development.
5. We have the best infrastructure (set of wallets) of all altcoins.
6. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/grs/

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 02:03:21 AM

Anyway:

1. First coin with groestl only algo. First coin with Segwit. First coin that ported Armory. First coin with a BIP44 mobile wallet. First coin that ported Multisigna. First coin that ported wallet to WPF. First coin that ported Multibit HD. First coin that ported Samourai. First coin that ported Sentinel. First coin that ported Abcore. First coin that ported Aegis. We promote the coin as an old fashioned cpu and gpu minable pow coin.
2. No big difference with Bitcoin. 1 min block times instead 10. Diff retarget of 1 min. 5 times the total supply of Bitcoin.
3. There are no promises done by devs ever. They said they will focuss only on development to explore new features and possibilities.
4. There is no roadmap. We work in release cycles of 3 months. So every 3 months you can expect updates on development.

Satisfactory answer! Thanks, Jackie.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 02:07:26 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 08:16:45 AM by IMZ

And on the lighter side, is Groestl Coin having a birthday next month?

Can we have a competition? a guessing-game?

The decision on the Winklevoss ETF comes out on March 11. What will the $US-price of Bitcoin be on the morning of GRS's birthday.

(No prize. Just for fun.)

EDIT: 'B.N.,' over in our P2P Lounge Room, calls . . . $0!!

I'll post my guess on Monday.

And we'll see if the folks in the Tux Exchange troll box join in.

Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 06:06:17 PM

Anyway:

And that with a market cap from only 300 K$. 🤔

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 11:45:43 AM

Oooh, look! A Groestl address!

And just toying with tiiiiiny volume on the Cryptopia LTC-GRS pair.

And the Guessing-Game is attracting guesses.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 06:16:42 PM

Latest on Segwit, since your coin has all ready activated , according to the below posts,
No rollbacks are Ever possible, Segwit is Now & Forever ingrained in your blockchain.  Tongue

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5vbofp/initially_i_liked_segwit_but_then_i_learned/

You wanted people like me to support you and install your code, Core / Blockstream?

Then you shouldn't have a released messy, dangerous, centrally planned hack like SegWit-as-a-soft-fork - with its random, arbitrary, centrally planned, ridiculously tiny 1.7MB blocksize - and its dangerous "anyone-can-spend" soft-fork semantics.

Now it's too late. The market will reject SegWit - and it's all Core / Blockstream's fault.

The market prefers simpler, safer, future-proof, market-based solutions such as Bitcoin Unlimited.

The damage which would be caused by SegWit (at the financial, software, and governance level) would be massive:

Millions of lines of other Bitcoin code would have to be rewritten (in wallets, on exchanges, at businesses) in order to become compatible with all the messy non-standard kludges and workarounds which Blockstream was forced into adding to the code (the famous "technical debt") in order to get SegWit to work as a soft fork.

SegWit was originally sold to us as a "code clean-up". Heck, even I intially fell for it when I saw an early presentation by Pieter Wuille on YouTube from one of Blockstream's many, censored Bitcoin scaling stalling conferences)

But as we all later all discovered, SegWit is just a messy hack.

Probably the most dangerous aspect of SegWit is that it changes all transactions into "ANYONE-CAN-SPEND" without SegWit - all because of the messy workarounds necessary to do SegWit as a soft-fork. The kludges and workarounds involving SegWit's "ANYONE-CAN-SPEND" semantics would only work as long as SegWit is still installed.

This means that it would be impossible to roll-back SegWit - because all SegWit transactions that get recorded on the blockchain would now be interpreted as "ANYONE-CAN-SPEND" - so, SegWit's dangerous and messy "kludges and workarounds and hacks" would have to be made permanent - otherwise, anyone could spend those "ANYONE-CAN-SPEND" SegWit coins!

Segwit cannot be rolled back because to non-upgraded clients, ANYONE can spend Segwit txn outputs. If Segwit is rolled back, all funds locked in Segwit outputs can be taken by anyone. As more funds gets locked up in segwit outputs, incentive for miners to collude to claim them grows.

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 06:41:54 PM

How do the signatures work?  They are separated into two separate blocks so there would be two blockchains running? One would store a block of transactions and a block of signatures?

blockstream put in the FIBRE network to change the topology of the network (as gatekeepers) so that if segwit activates the segwit nodes control what gets filtered down to old native nodes.

in simple terms segwit nodes receive a cluster of data which is one lump of data called the blockweight where the signatures have their own txid to link back to the txid of the baseblock. if they have whitelisted old native nodes they have to send the smaller 'base' block' to old native nodes

its bait and switched to pretend its one network but because the old nodes are not receiving the same data as the segwit nodes. a fresh segwit node wont sync from a native node.

a native node wont receive segwit unconfirmed transactions. so its a 'pretend' single network. but with differing data held and/or relayed.
same goes with segwits pruned nodes. a segwit node wanting a full sync wont sync from a pruned node. so again all these core features are causing issues for the REAL full node count.because not all the nodes hold all the same data.

core have swept under the carpet how they have made anything not segwit as being second class. but pretended its all good because its "compatible"

as you can see below.
on the left is what people for 6-7 years thought the node network looked like. with pools sending out data and EVERYONE sharing the same data.
on the right is how how segwit/fibre has changed the network topology. to centralise segwit as the gate keepers of what data non segwit nodes get

and yes, segwit nodes could simply not whitelist old native nodes and make it reliant on the pools to send data to old nodes, which looking at this image below is the one on the right.(very worse case scenario, but plausible)

EDIT:gmaxwell buzzwords
downstream(old) <-> upstream(segwit) <-> pool
upstream(segwit) <-> pool<-> downstream(old)

its all explained here including the bit about signature/tx data
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1760149.msg17607565#msg17607565

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:04:37 PM

/r/btc paranoid delusions and half-truths

The entire network is upgraded - all of the miners and the nodes, no one is rolling back. Malleability is fixed, lightning channels possible, and atomic cross chain transactions available when another coin upgrades. Tell me, would you rather have an up-to-date network capable of a variety of new style transactions, or an ancient codebase from practically when satoshi was around like the shitcoin you're plugging in your signature? Zeit is probably still vulnerable to heartbleed bug ffs.
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:21:40 PM

Something malevolent might be sitting in the code, I dont know what exactly but its gonna create a tone of mess if u dont fix it. U need to perform a forensic analysis to know more and find the cause of malfunction. If u dont carry that out everything will collapse in the shortest term. Think of this carefully.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:37:45 PM

Something malevolent might be sitting in the code, I dont know what exactly but its gonna create a tone of mess if u dont fix it. U need to perform a forensic analysis to know more and find the cause of malfunction. If u dont carry that out everything will collapse in the shortest term. Think of this carefully.

Something malevolent might also be sitting in old Bitcoin codebases that has been obsolesced by segwit code. Segwit has been live on Bitcoin testnet for more than a year. If you have something substantial to say, then say it, but this is just fear mongering for the sake of fear mongering afaict.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 11:07:20 PM

/r/btc paranoid delusions and half-truths

The entire network is upgraded - all of the miners and the nodes, no one is rolling back. Malleability is fixed, lightning channels possible, and atomic cross chain transactions available when another coin upgrades. Tell me, would you rather have an up-to-date network capable of a variety of new style transactions, or an ancient codebase from practically when satoshi was around like the shitcoin you're plugging in your signature? Zeit is probably still vulnerable to heartbleed bug ffs.

Little defensive huh?

This info just came out, thought you should be aware of it , since you have activated segwit ,
YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK, without compromising the ownership of your coins.

(Which just means any Future Segwit security issues,  you are stuck with segwit for the life of this blockchain.)
Only way out is a coin swap if something unfixable occurs.

If you are not running old nodes, then the part about filtering is a nonissue for you.

You would think , you would want all available information on segwit, not throw a hissy fit about new information.

When an segwit specific attack appears , I will be sure not to inform you, since you prefer blind ignorance to knowledge.  Wink

Cool

FYI:
ZEIT is not vulnerable to heartbleed.
You PoW guys needed the Malleability fix, because you let people jump in front of others in the mempool transactions by paying higher fees.
ZEIT processes the mempool transactions in the order they were received, so we have zero issues with malleability.  Wink
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 11:21:29 PM

Little defensive huh?

This info just came out, thought you should be aware of it , since you have activated segwit ,

You can go back, it just allows anyone to spend segwit style txs afaik, which are not really being used on groestlcoin network so far I don't think so it wouldn't hurt anything to roll back. If segwit did prove valuable and lots of people were using, then why would anyone want to roll it back?
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 12:08:59 AM

Little defensive huh?

You can go back, it just allows anyone to spend segwit style txs afaik, which are not really being used on groestlcoin network so far I don't think so it wouldn't hurt anything to roll back. If segwit did prove valuable and lots of people were using, then why would anyone want to roll it back?

If you go back , you open yourself up to the following
(To remove segwit, without issue, requires a coin swap to a new blockchain.)

Segwit cannot be rolled back because to non-upgraded clients, ANYONE can spend Segwit txn outputs.
If Segwit is rolled back, all funds locked in Segwit outputs can be taken by anyone.
As more funds gets locked up in segwit outputs, incentive for miners to collude to claim them grows.

If you have information that refutes that guy's statement, feel free to share it.
And yes, if you never need to remove segwit, then it is a nonissue.

As far as segwit proving valuable , time will tell, but as of now it appears it will be blocked by BTC & LTC miners.
Neither having more than ~30% approval. So you guys are really the only game in town for segwit Now and the foreseeable future.

Cool

FYI:  
Segwit added or modified 4824 lines of code,  you have to run & fully use it for a year to sort any bugs.
Testnets & peer review only go so far.
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: