Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:51:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRS] Groestlcoin | 1st to activate Segwit & Taproot  (Read 558039 times)
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:49:32 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 05:58:05 AM by IMZ

It's morning here in West Australia.

EDIT: got a noooo Bitcoin ATH: $1627 1653

But I now pay more attention to market cap. Again, a noooo ATH: $49.2 B 50.7

And there are (tiny) buys and sells on both GRS-BTC and GRS-ETH on Coinexchange.
andhar

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:42:36 AM

And there are (tiny) buys and sells on both GRS-BTC and GRS-ETH on Coinexchange.

GRS will wake up soon enough, good things are coming Smiley
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:10:25 AM

Never seen trading volumes like this!! The established coins are picking up more of it (and although I'm sure I wish all things good to our friends over at Earthcoin -- $13,100,000 volume? Say what?).

The capital is streaming down Page Two of CMC. 4 coins have over $1M volume.
sputnik1

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:22:54 AM

every coin is crazy,but GRS.
pump or dump ,no other option .
I have got 3 times btc  by buying other coins.
it will go back to 200sats , i think which is great i can buy back again Grin Grin Grin

kingimg

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:06:37 AM

Never seen trading volumes like this!! The established coins are picking up more of it (and although I'm sure I wish all things good to our friends over at Earthcoin -- $13,100,000 volume? Say what?).

so for market cap, coin-market manipulation is more important ?
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:24:05 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2017, 03:14:21 AM by IMZ

so for market cap, coin-market manipulation is more important ?

Who said anything about 'coin-market manipulation'?

In November, 2013, Bitcoin held 98% of the total $-value invested in cryptographic currencies. At that time, the Bitcoin maximalists scorned the very notion that any coin except Bitcoin had any sort of future.

So, when I say I'm watching market cap (as rubbish a statistic as it is . . . ), my point is that capital is pouring not only into Bitcoin, not only into 'The Top Ten,' but right down the charts. This is a coming-of-age for us.

Thank you, devs!
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:04:01 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 05:48:39 AM by IMZ

Chance to talk ourselves up here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/6ac4al/small_altcoins_that_are_going_to_grow/
kaduwall2

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

http://twitter.com/crazy_crypto

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:01:01 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 01:22:33 AM by kaduwall2

Hey guys! Cheesy

I want to thank every one of you who have been supportive. I know our price has seen better days, but this is just the beginning.
As a trader/investor myself, I think it's a good opportunity to accumulate more. My personal opinion is that we are seriously undervalued right now.

Some updates:

- We got 6007 (confirmed) e-mails on the grsgiveaway.com and counting. Over 29,000 users have visited our page. Over 2000 links within the page were clicked (almost 1000 to Bittrex) and over 2000 share buttons were used.
- We've created a Facebook Business page to start using Facebook Ads: https://facebook.com/groestlcoin/ - Over 600 real likes in 2 days already!
- Our main website is getting some redesign (not by me): http://www.groestlcoin.org/

I've started 3 ad campaigns so far, 1 for page likes, 1 for engagement/warming up the page posts and 1 to pitch GRS as a currency and investment opportunity plus the giveaway.

As you can see, we are getting very low rates per results overall which is quite good.
We've barely started and spent only R$ 42 BRL so far (less than $14 USD). We have a little more than $500 USD to use with marketing. Some of it still in GRS and some already in cash.

Our campaign to pitch GRS consists of a direct comparison to LTC (targeting primarily a crypto audience, BTC / LTC, but also some users interested in money/technology/businesses, etc), about GRS being 1000 times cheaper (market cap wise) considering we've activated SegWit first and are always many steps ahead than most coins with our developments (testing the new Lightning Network, upgrading to Bitcoin 0.15 Codebase, working wallets for Android and Blackberry, etc).

In the future, we could try a round of donations within the community to get more funds for marketing, to increase our user base, if you guys feel like doing so.

Ongoing and future work from me include:

- Adjusting / scaling / creating new ad campaigns to get more results
- Roadmap with past work and what to expect from GRS in the future
- Keep posting interesting content on the FB page (news about GRS and cryptocurrencies in general)
- Going after free and paid marketing on media outlets
- Use our e-mails from the GRS Giveaway for occasional remarketing and a weekly/monthly newsletter to update them of our situation, news about developments, trading/price, links to our social networks, etc.

---

That's it for now! Smiley
We always appreciate any feedback/ideas.

Will keep you guys posted!

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:49:16 AM

Hey guys! Cheesy

I want to thank every one of you who have been supportive. I know our price has seen better days, but this is just the beginning.
As a trader/investor myself, I think it's a good opportunity to accumulate more. My personal opinion is that we are seriously undervalued right now.

Some updates:

- We got 6007 (confirmed) e-mails on the grsgiveaway.com and counting. Over 29,000 users have visited our page. Over 2000 links within the page were clicked (almost 1000 to Bittrex) and over 2000 share buttons were used.
- We've created a Facebook Business page to start using Facebook Ads: https://facebook.com/groestlcoin/ - Over 600 real likes in 2 days already!
- Our main website is getting some redesign (not by me): http://www.groestlcoin.org/

I've started 3 ad campaigns so far, 1 for page likes, 1 for engagement/warming up the page posts and 1 to pitch GRS as a currency and investment opportunity plus the giveaway.

As you can see, we are getting very low rates per results overall which is quite good.
We've barely started and spent only R$ 42 BRL so far (less than $14 USD). We have a little more than $500 USD to use with marketing. Some of it still in GRS and some already in cash.

Our campaign to pitch GRS consists of a direct comparison to LTC (targeting primarily a crypto audience, BTC / LTC, but also some users interested in money/technology/businesses, etc), about GRS being 1000 times cheaper (market cap wise) considering we've activated SegWit first and are always many steps ahead than most coins with our developments (testing the new Lightning Network, upgrading to Bitcoin 0.15 Codebase, working wallets for Android and Blackberry, etc).

In the future, we could try a round of donations within the community to get more funds for marketing, to increase our user base, if you guys feel like doing so.

- Keep posting interesting content on the FB page (news about GRS and cryptocurrencies in general)
- Use our e-mails from the GRS Giveaway for occasional remarketing and a weekly/monthly newsletter to update them of our situation, news about developments, trading/price, links to our social networks, etc.

---

Wow!
I have so much to learn.
Not concerned about GRS price.
donarito

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:07:39 AM

Hey guys! Cheesy

Some updates:

---

You guys are doing a fantastic job out here!

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
jackielove4u

Activity: 608
Merit: 526

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:59:24 AM

Join our Slack here: https://communityinviter.com/apps/groestlcoin/groestlcoin

PGP fingerprint: 287A E4CA 1187 C68C 08B4  9CB2 D11B D4F3 3F1D B499
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:55:26 AM

An Idea for Development:

‘I make stuff functional . . . understandable . . .

There is a lack of design focus, of consumer-facing products . . . . a weird dismissive attitude[:] “There are bigger issues to deal with.” ’

At 1:55 here: http://www.coindesk.com/video-hashrabbits-melissa-volkmann-on-bitcoins-design-mistakes/

http://groestlcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=477.90
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:49:33 PM

I'm curious about what the "purpose" of this coin is. I've sort of known about it for a long time but never looked into it. But with segwit and LN, I'm looking at a few coins I never would have before. I actually have an idea for a bit of a future direction for this coin that would sort of fit with what I think it's "theme" is but would like to know about it's current plans first.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
jackielove4u

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 02:54:49 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2017, 03:07:17 PM by jackielove4u

An Idea for Development:

‘I make stuff functional . . . understandable . . .

There is a lack of design focus, of consumer-facing products . . . . a weird dismissive attitude[:]

We agree on this thats why we are working on a graphical interface for Segwit/Ligtning Network. Nobody (except devs) is going to use nerdy cli interfaces to make segwit/lightning network transactions.

jackielove4u

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:06:49 PM

I'm curious about what the "purpose" of this coin is. I've sort of known about it for a long time but never looked into it. But with segwit and LN, I'm looking at a few coins I never would have before. I actually have an idea for a bit of a future direction for this coin that would sort of fit with what I think it's "theme" is but would like to know about it's current plans first.

Whats the raison d'être/purpose of any altcoin nowadays? Its nowhere near mainstream adoption. Hell even Bitcoin is struggling to get mainstream.
If you ask me, only purpose for altcoins is trading and speculation currently. Look at Litecoin, you cant do shit with it, its mainly used for trading nothing else. Will it (or any other altcoin) get mainstream ever? Only if Bitcoin gets mainstream.

The reason why Groestlcoin was created was to explore new blockchain tech and learn the mining aspect. We are very pro bitcoin core. And have no intentions to replace Bitcoin Core. For me Groestlcoin personally is just educational, no secrets here. We make all our work open source on Github, so others can benefit from our work.

Current plans: release stuff every 3 months. What will get released? What ever we think is ready to release for public.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 10:02:25 PM

Whats the raison d'être/purpose of any altcoin nowadays? Its nowhere near mainstream adoption. Hell even Bitcoin is struggling to get mainstream.
If you ask me, only purpose for altcoins is trading and speculation currently. Look at Litecoin, you cant do shit with it, its mainly used for trading nothing else. Will it (or any other altcoin) get mainstream ever? Only if Bitcoin gets mainstream.

The reason why Groestlcoin was created was to explore new blockchain tech and learn the mining aspect. We are very pro bitcoin core. And have no intentions to replace Bitcoin Core. For me Groestlcoin personally is just educational, no secrets here. We make all our work open source on Github, so others can benefit from our work.

Current plans: release stuff every 3 months. What will get released? What ever we think is ready to release for public.

My Two Cent’s Worth?

We thought mass adoption would come first. But ‘safe-haven function’ has kicked in meanwhile.

$US 75 Trillion per year moves around world markets. Tens and tens of billions are in-bound to crypto. We are an established dev-dynamic cryptocurrency with a hard cap. Our grand kids will be running this thread.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:40:48 AM

Me out in the world, telling folks about GRS.

News about Lonely Highway Delivery Guy later this week.
Namiks

Activity: 292
Merit: 252

I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:02:02 AM

Surprised this still isn't on Poloniex.

Crypto was created to liberate the individual. Decentralisation matters.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:07:36 AM

It was on poloniex until like six or nine months ago. I don't think they've ever relisted something after taking it off, but to do it so quickly would be especially surprising.
Namiks

Activity: 292
Merit: 252

I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:37:45 PM

It was on poloniex until like six or nine months ago. I don't think they've ever relisted something after taking it off, but to do it so quickly would be especially surprising.

That's a bit weird given it's a pretty good coin with far better prices than others on the exchange.

Crypto was created to liberate the individual. Decentralisation matters.
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: