Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:40:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:11:59 PM

did anyone notice MINT, EXE, eTOK, MYR, MZC and OSC are all off coined up?

CARBON is still trading strong, looks like we will be seeing a big price increase sooner then I expected.  Grin 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 05:07:37 PM

How long is http://carbon.basshash.com/ down ? Any news ?

Having some issues with the upgrade to the latest mpos - as the upgrade has been overdue for some time and it's necessary to fix the payouts. Likely we will have to do a proportionate payout from the wallet so we will need estimates of users' average hashrates for the duration of the payout suspension, then we will have a fresh up-to-date pool on the current protocol which may require a new account setup unfortunately due to changes in the SQL. Should be up and running in the next day or so.

Apologies for the wait - have had a lot going on, all coin related you'll be pleased to hear

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:09:16 PM

Apologies for the wait - have had a lot going on, all coin related you'll be pleased to hear

Smiley

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
SpecT

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:41:31 PM

Having some issues with the upgrade to the latest mpos - as the upgrade has been overdue for some time and it's necessary to fix the payouts. Likely we will have to do a proportionate payout from the wallet so we will need estimates of users' average hashrates for the duration of the payout suspension, then we will have a fresh up-to-date pool on the current protocol which may require a new account setup unfortunately due to changes in the SQL. Should be up and running in the next day or so.

np  Smiley i spend 2 ltc ... you enjoy a beer *Prost*

Trinity Coin --- http://gcpool.eu/p3347/public/

OkCash --- http://okcash.co/

Genesis Mining Discount Code 3.5% Off: OUptk4
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:00:01 PM

COins keep getting removed from coined up, carb will happen in a matter of days and that is the only exchange this scam clone coin moves on.  Waste of time.  Congrats on a whole 22 posts on new forum, this has got to be your most successful forum ever.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 12:04:13 AM

mBTC market back up at coinedup, please add sensible buy support. Lets also be thinking about ways we can help coinedup out as an exchange, they've been good to us so any SEO or anything - just putting it out there Smiley

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 02:31:17 AM

Ok so I'm just going to put this out there, rather than having to go mad with the calculations - I know how many coins were in the pool wallet before so if everyone agrees i will transfer them to the distribution wallet and a member of the community has said he will add an extra 10M if this happens. I will do it after 3 votes

charliebitcoin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:46:17 PM

Ok so I'm just going to put this out there, rather than having to go mad with the calculations - I know how many coins were in the pool wallet before so if everyone agrees i will transfer them to the distribution wallet and a member of the community has said he will add an extra 10M if this happens. I will do it after 3 votes

Cool with me - i am due a donation anyway Smiley

1 Vote
jungle_dave

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:54:43 PM

Nice to see mBTC markets back up,
I don't mine but I'll vote if that helps anyone Smiley
Just made a post on the environmental impact of the bitcoin network on the forum, anyone who would like to help me calculate the estimated energy consumption of SCRYPT coin mining let me know.

BTW how are the tree projects going?
cryptocointools

Activity: 224

CryptocoinTools.com

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 03:45:43 AM

I am a new user here.
CarbonCoin looks friendly and fair. This coin deserves to go far.
I will try to develop some new tools for this coin as I get time in the next few weeks.
Keep it up guys. Stay positive  Wink

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:38:15 AM

I am a new user here.
CarbonCoin looks friendly and fair. This coin deserves to go far.
I will try to develop some new tools for this coin as I get time in the next few weeks.
Keep it up guys. Stay positive  Wink

Great!!! Like your site! Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:05:56 AM

COins keep getting removed from coined up, carb will happen in a matter of days and that is the only exchange this scam clone coin moves on.  Waste of time.  Congrats on a whole 22 posts on new forum, this has got to be your most successful forum ever.

maybe they will stop bumping this every single day with shell accounts now and take their shitty gimmick scam coin crap elsewhere ?

i would never get involved with shit like this where they have no class..
these guys are shameless shills here spamming about this to pad their bags.

FUD first & ask questions later™
charliebitcoin

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:46:16 PM

maybe they will stop bumping this every single day with shell accounts now and take their shitty gimmick scam coin crap elsewhere ?

Talking to yourself again Dimmy
SpecT

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:10:17 PM

Ok 1 vote and i spend 10M from my poolwallet  Wink

Trinity Coin --- http://gcpool.eu/p3347/public/

OkCash --- http://okcash.co/

Genesis Mining Discount Code 3.5% Off: OUptk4
jungle_dave

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:15:27 PM

COins keep getting removed from coined up, carb will happen in a matter of days and that is the only exchange this scam clone coin moves on.  Waste of time.  Congrats on a whole 22 posts on new forum, this has got to be your most successful forum ever.

The funny thing about both of you is that you pretend to hate each other then suddenly agree.

First post from DemetriusAstroBlack  on this thread

Thank you for switching to intelligent arguments instead of getting all defensive and crying FUD.  My whole thing about permanent forestry is that just because a forest is still there doesn't mean the carbon has been locked anywhere.  Carbon offsetting by planting more trees is quickly becoming a thing of the past, and many tree planting operations have failed horribly as there is 0 guarantee that the trees will remain sustainable.  I still disagree with the project and I think that it needs major over site of a proven tree planting organization or will likely fail.  Sorry for not having faith in your project as I don't know any of your reputation or skills in this area.  I think it is definitely a project for many smart scientists who study this sort of thing from many different angels and would like to see a university or something else involved in the project.  Many groups with good intentions have tried similar planting projects that have failed horribly.  I would love to be proven wrong and wish you the best of luck.

You make a few valid points here, some tree planting projects have failed horribly but what you don't mention is that once universities and scientists team up the success rate of these projects also go up. Why do I even mention this? Because thats exactly what I have been doing in the Amazon for several years with help from the federal universities, national environmental science agencies and environmental engineers.

Brazilian environmental forums are full of the same exact type of FUD posts that very recently have been determined to be directly propagated by political interests that would like to imprison environmental activists under the national security legislation.

What makes you creepier is that if I look through your post history, it seems that you have only been making posts on this thread. This brings up the question. Why.

Whats even funnier is that you have referred to "Spoetnik" as Spoetgay blah blah blah in a failed attempt to show that the 2 of you don't work together.

Then you go on to give a little tid bit of info that makes everything clear.

IMO carbon offsetting is bull.  Come plant some trees on my property in Oregon so my kids can clear them and get rich.  How do we know this isn't happening?  If they are never going to be cleared then what happens when tree gets old? it dies and rots, putting the carbon right back into the air...might as well use the resource right?

Well this is extraordinarily nearsighted of you IMO and your post is rather cynical.

You want to guarantee to me that your land will remain as forest (and also provided you have enough of it) then we might come and plant trees there. Although I doubt it, because to put it bluntly, you clearly don't care - and being the sort of person who starts an account to spread FUD, I have my doubts about your trustworthyness. (Do you have any interesting projects on the go? Only, I can't tell because this particular account of yours is 1 day old)

Just out of interest do you recycle, or is life too short? Do you think the destruction going on in the Amazon is a good thing? Or maybe you feel that it won't have any effect on the environment?

When permanent forestry is planted, not only do the trees planted grow, many trees such as Ash (which we will be planting a lot of) actually self-seed so you get many more trees than are actually put down in the first instance.

We are taking land with no trees and making it into land covered with thousands of them, allowing ecosystems to develop. Are you trying to suggest that is bad for the environment?

I didn't create an account to spread FUD.  Trees are a renewable resource.  I thinking planting trees help but never truly offsets anything.  My reputation and new account has nothing to do with my valid questions.  Crypto is bad for the environment no matter what you do to try to make it up.  Changing the natural land to a forest solves nothing, especial when you only plant limited species of tree.  I'm not looking for a guarantee that it will remain perfect forever, im just stating what really happens when trees get old, they rot and release it back into the air.  It is just a temporary storage of carbon that can never be put back into the earth in the form of fossil fuels. A fire could also leave the land worse then when you started and release all the carbon right back.  Many companys that practice carbon offsetting don't plant trees anymore.  My credibility has nothing to do with anything, research it for yourself.

Not that anything wikipedia is fact, but check out "Effectiveness of tree-planting offsets" under the carbon offset subject.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_offset .

This is the same bullshit that the logging companies have been spitting out for decades.
But wait, it gets better.

IMO carbon offsetting is bull.  Come plant some trees on my property in Oregon so my kids can clear them and get rich.  How do we know this isn't happening?  If they are never going to be cleared then what happens when tree gets old? it dies and rots, putting the carbon right back into the air...might as well use the resource right?

Oregon yeah?
I also watch Ax men on discovery channel, if you hear these guys in your area you can come to the conclusion that they would not be able to express the arguments you make so eloquently. So you are not a logger, if you are you are one of the few that can setup a GPU rig and resolve hardware conflicts. (Establish your self as a miner and thus gain trust from the crypto community = NARC)

I don't care who pays your bills, that your own business but someone is paying you to be on this thread. The only "shills" here are you guys.

The fact that you are paid to be here is a compliment to the threat that this project poses to what ever interests you happen to represent.

The only reason I post here is because I believe in the concept, support the small community we have and yes I am a bag holder. I have no problem with that at all.

Now that the closet door is open enjoy the fresh air, BTW you are back on ignore so don't bother trying to discuss this.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:36:26 AM

Watch this space...  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:12:42 AM

COins keep getting removed from coined up, carb will happen in a matter of days and that is the only exchange this scam clone coin moves on.  Waste of time.  Congrats on a whole 22 posts on new forum, this has got to be your most successful forum ever.

The funny thing about both of you is that you pretend to hate each other then suddenly agree.

First post from DemetriusAstroBlack  on this thread

Thank you for switching to intelligent arguments instead of getting all defensive and crying FUD.  My whole thing about permanent forestry is that just because a forest is still there doesn't mean the carbon has been locked anywhere.  Carbon offsetting by planting more trees is quickly becoming a thing of the past, and many tree planting operations have failed horribly as there is 0 guarantee that the trees will remain sustainable.  I still disagree with the project and I think that it needs major over site of a proven tree planting organization or will likely fail.  Sorry for not having faith in your project as I don't know any of your reputation or skills in this area.  I think it is definitely a project for many smart scientists who study this sort of thing from many different angels and would like to see a university or something else involved in the project.  Many groups with good intentions have tried similar planting projects that have failed horribly.  I would love to be proven wrong and wish you the best of luck.

You make a few valid points here, some tree planting projects have failed horribly but what you don't mention is that once universities and scientists team up the success rate of these projects also go up. Why do I even mention this? Because thats exactly what I have been doing in the Amazon for several years with help from the federal universities, national environmental science agencies and environmental engineers.

Brazilian environmental forums are full of the same exact type of FUD posts that very recently have been determined to be directly propagated by political interests that would like to imprison environmental activists under the national security legislation.

What makes you creepier is that if I look through your post history, it seems that you have only been making posts on this thread. This brings up the question. Why.

Whats even funnier is that you have referred to "Spoetnik" as Spoetgay blah blah blah in a failed attempt to show that the 2 of you don't work together.

Then you go on to give a little tid bit of info that makes everything clear.

Well this is extraordinarily nearsighted of you IMO and your post is rather cynical.

You want to guarantee to me that your land will remain as forest (and also provided you have enough of it) then we might come and plant trees there. Although I doubt it, because to put it bluntly, you clearly don't care - and being the sort of person who starts an account to spread FUD, I have my doubts about your trustworthyness. (Do you have any interesting projects on the go? Only, I can't tell because this particular account of yours is 1 day old)

Just out of interest do you recycle, or is life too short? Do you think the destruction going on in the Amazon is a good thing? Or maybe you feel that it won't have any effect on the environment?

When permanent forestry is planted, not only do the trees planted grow, many trees such as Ash (which we will be planting a lot of) actually self-seed so you get many more trees than are actually put down in the first instance.

We are taking land with no trees and making it into land covered with thousands of them, allowing ecosystems to develop. Are you trying to suggest that is bad for the environment?

I didn't create an account to spread FUD.  Trees are a renewable resource.  I thinking planting trees help but never truly offsets anything.  My reputation and new account has nothing to do with my valid questions.  Crypto is bad for the environment no matter what you do to try to make it up.  Changing the natural land to a forest solves nothing, especial when you only plant limited species of tree.  I'm not looking for a guarantee that it will remain perfect forever, im just stating what really happens when trees get old, they rot and release it back into the air.  It is just a temporary storage of carbon that can never be put back into the earth in the form of fossil fuels. A fire could also leave the land worse then when you started and release all the carbon right back.  Many companys that practice carbon offsetting don't plant trees anymore.  My credibility has nothing to do with anything, research it for yourself.

Not that anything wikipedia is fact, but check out "Effectiveness of tree-planting offsets" under the carbon offset subject.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_offset .

This is the same bullshit that the logging companies have been spitting out for decades.
But wait, it gets better.

Oregon yeah?
I also watch Ax men on discovery channel, if you hear these guys in your area you can come to the conclusion that they would not be able to express the arguments you make so eloquently. So you are not a logger, if you are you are one of the few that can setup a GPU rig and resolve hardware conflicts. (Establish your self as a miner and thus gain trust from the crypto community = NARC)

I don't care who pays your bills, that your own business but someone is paying you to be on this thread. The only "shills" here are you guys.

The fact that you are paid to be here is a compliment to the threat that this project poses to what ever interests you happen to represent.

The only reason I post here is because I believe in the concept, support the small community we have and yes I am a bag holder. I have no problem with that at all.

Now that the closet door is open enjoy the fresh air, BTW you are back on ignore so don't bother trying to discuss this.

Coin is still dying.  your efforts did nothing.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
frillyozz

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:02:24 AM

Everyone has rights to their own opinion. Some constructive criticism might be better, otherwise pretty much wasting your time. I appreciate cryptocoins where their are consistent dev and community members sticking around. That appears to be the case here.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:21:46 AM

Paper wallet is now live!

Generate: http://carbonaddress.tk/

Please post here should you have any issues with it.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:56:02 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 01:53:22 PM by Zebedee23

Paper wallet is now live!

Generate: http://carbonaddress.tk/

Please post here should you have any issues with it.

Brilliant!!!
error i think, its saying go to Blockchain.info or Blockexplorer.com to check your balance or spend CARB, should be changed??

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: