Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:01:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195643 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 02:39:03 PM

[Request For Comment]

Happy to report that the team from Bitcoin Not Bombs

http://www.bitcoinnotbombs.com

Just joined Do a Bit of Good

https://doabitofgood.com/Directory

There may be an opportunity to help support their efforts regarding homelessness with WATER.

As homeless shelters need supplies -- and groups like Sean's Outpost bring food to homeless people everyday!

http://seansoutpost.com

This could be in the form of WATER donations to both organizations (we can also have doabitofgood.com supporters make WATER with our screensaver by helping us stake it or converting Givecoin to WATER.)

We could also offer to ship them boxes of branded WATER bottles to hand out so that they have something to carry water in.

Just thinking outloud...

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:38:44 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 11:11:09 PM by Testing Crypto

Watching this coin since day one, as stated in a pre-post & very pleased to see where -dvd is taking it. The main reason for my interest in this coin, over 6mo ago, was the name & knowing that it would be guided toward charity. Keep up the great work -dvd, your ideas are very intriguing & I would really like to see some of your ideas progress further.

P.S. Not really sure why the block explorer isn't in the ANN though, having to search the thread isn't very good motivation on transparency?

http://explorer.cleanwatercoin.org/

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 02:05:00 AM

Watching this coin since day one, as stated in a pre-post & very pleased to see where -dvd is taking it. The main reason for my interest in this coin, over 6mo ago, was the name & knowing that it would be guided toward charity. Keep up the great work -dvd, your ideas are very intriguing & I would really like to see some of your ideas progress further.

P.S. Not really sure why the block explorer isn't in the ANN though, having to search the thread isn't very good motivation on transparency?

http://explorer.cleanwatercoin.org/

Welcome Testing Crypto -- I hope your name is now more of a "Believing in Crypto" ;-)

We are very excited to be working with Zach and team at CWC -- if you're at all familiar with my organization Do a Bit of Good, you'll see in our animated explainer video that we care very deeply about bringing clean water to the world!

Check it out at https://doabitofgood.com

Here's a really interesting story about "change agents" and positive deviance when it comes to clean water -- it comes from one of my all time favorite books "Influencer: The power to change anything" -- it's the story of the horrible scourge known as the Guinea Worm

http://www.joshhunt.com/mail215.htm

Basically a team backed by the Carter institute (Jimmy Carter, former POTUS) -- anyway they find a village that has figured out how to filter water through their dresses before putting it into the drinking pots -- so simple -- they end up teaching other villages (plus a lot of other things about communal responsibility when it comes to name-n-shame)

If you have any ideas of ways we can help expand the WATER economy please post them here! 

Cheers \o/

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 03:03:50 AM

Check this out!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741714.msg9136426#msg9136426

It's very humbling when someone takes the time to not only send you coins but also to let you know that they are doing MORE good for someone else.

WOW!

David V Duccini
Executive Director
Strength in Numbers Foundation
A non-profit digital trust

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 04:54:55 PM

We can now confirm that the Mac OS X wallet indeed successfully proves it can stake coins!

It's Better 2GIVE
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:07:14 AM

Hi Clean Water Coin community!  I've started a posting on my Proof of Biking (PoB) campaign here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820255  Comments are welcomed.  This is my first time trying anything like this.

I have a bunch of WATER coin and was thinking about doing a “Ride for Water” in PoB with a small amount of my coins.  I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in donating or riding in the campaign?  It's just a way of starting interest in cryptocoins and supporting bike riding. 
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:33:22 AM

Hi Clean Water Coin community!  I've started a posting on my Proof of Biking (PoB) campaign here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820255  Comments are welcomed.  This is my first time trying anything like this.

I have a bunch of WATER coin and was thinking about doing a “Ride for Water” in PoB with a small amount of my coins.  I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in donating or riding in the campaign?  It's just a way of starting interest in cryptocoins and supporting bike riding. 

Seems to be a peaceful ride, could be a great way to promote cryptocurrency. Most people don't see the possibilities you could do with something like that, but every single car to drive by you upon your journey is a good % of views that could inturn promote crypto. If you were to add something to maybe the frame of your bike, even a custom shirt/hat could be a great way to gain a few people wondering what crypto is. Getting the word out about crypto shouldn't cost big $, when people make movements like the one you're doing. Even if you were to stop @ a few rest stops along the way, it only takes one person to see or hear about crypto to spread the word to thousands. Take the idea The Little Duke has with the "bitcoin on a stick", as this could be one of the best ways to help gain crypto around the world.

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:36:21 PM

Seems to be a peaceful ride, could be a great way to promote cryptocurrency. Most people don't see the possibilities you could do with something like that, but every single car to drive by you upon your journey is a good % of views that could inturn promote crypto. If you were to add something to maybe the frame of your bike, even a custom shirt/hat could be a great way to gain a few people wondering what crypto is. Getting the word out about crypto shouldn't cost big $, when people make movements like the one you're doing. Even if you were to stop @ a few rest stops along the way, it only takes one person to see or hear about crypto to spread the word to thousands. Take the idea The Little Duke has with the "bitcoin on a stick", as this could be one of the best ways to help gain crypto around the world.

+1

Definitely get a biking shirt with a big QR-CODE on the back that says "SCAN ME" et al

What WOULD be fun is a Raspberry PI like toy that has the wallet on it and is tethered to a cell phone hot spot and is power by a bicycle generator!

You bike, you stake ;-)

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
Lightsplasher

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:32:43 PM

Great ideas!  Thanks for the support!  I also have plans to do a few different videos on the rides I'm doing and I thought about contacting the bike manufactures to make sure I can show the bike brand in the video.  I'll bet they might support things as well.

+1

Definitely get a biking shirt with a big QR-CODE on the back that says "SCAN ME" et al

What WOULD be fun is a Raspberry PI like toy that has the wallet on it and is tethered to a cell phone hot spot and is power by a bicycle generator!

You bike, you stake ;-)

-dvd
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:44:50 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 04:56:34 PM by Testing Crypto

+1

You bike, you stake ;-)

-dvd

Even some of the new (knock off brands) 10" tablets would work (they're just about the same price), if mounted just right on the bike. It could even work right under the license plate, Scooters or Mopeds for those who don't have a bike.

P.S. Love the quote " You bike, you stake".

Lightsplasher

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:40:54 PM

+1

You bike, you stake ;-)

-dvd

Even some of the new (knock off brands) 10" tablets would work (they're just about the same price), if mounted just right on the bike. It could even work right under the license plate, Scooters or Mopeds for those who don't have a bike.

P.S. Love the quote " You bike, you stake".

You could modify a coin to have a PoB stake difficulty that works with PoS.  The PoB stake block would be generated if the GPS location information (from any device, tablet, cells with GPS) changes at a rate that would be less than 25 miles and hour and higher than maybe 1.5 miles and hour.  Over 25 miles per hour would start encouraging staking in higher powered vehicles.

I have it more in mind to try to encourage already existing coins at this time though.  It is kind of a non-productive use of energy to keep releasing all these new coins.  But by all means if someone could build PoB into the block chain I would support it.  (I might look into the code myself but I don't know how involved this is)
SimkoMiner

Activity: 925
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:23:16 PM

Hey guys, on which Exchange can I trade water now?
Lightsplasher

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:06:20 PM

Hey guys, on which Exchange can I trade water now?

Bittrex is the main exchange and there is some trading on Comkort.   If you use Comkort I would run a small order and check to see if things work well, I had trouble recently getting water off their exchange but never had any issues with bitcoin. (I never had a problem depositing water on Comkort).
endchat

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:09:41 PM

Any coin updates?

Would be nice to see what the road we are paving looks like.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 04:12:15 PM

Any coin updates?

Or is it the canals we're digging ;-)

It's Better 2GIVE
endchat

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:46:03 PM

Any coin updates?

Or is it the canals we're digging ;-)

or ditches!!!

lol

Wink
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:05:57 PM

Anybody know why the staking seems to have stopped on the 22nd? 

Running latest wallet.
Lightsplasher

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:03:24 AM

Running latest wallet.

The difficulty jumped from about .5 to 17 and back down to 15 now.  The blocks are still moving fine as shown by the block explorer.  My guess is that someone with a very big wallet with large older coin blocks open it up and is minting.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:45:06 PM

Running latest wallet.

The difficulty jumped from about .5 to 17 and back down to 15 now.  The blocks are still moving fine as shown by the block explorer.  My guess is that someone with a very big wallet with large older coin blocks open it up and is minting.

Not sure if that is the problem or not, have a decent sized wallet myself and was earning around 200 coins a day from staking up until the 22nd!
WALKEN-COIN

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 04:03:13 PM

Definitely need to update the thread title!

Just updated that a bit Smiley

Last post from the "developer" was on September 5th.

A thought:

Every time someone makes a transaction, some of that money goes to a "non-profit" wallet, supposedly for charity.

And yet despite our money being taken for "charity", we do not even hear from the people who have access to that money for almost two months, despite repeated requests for information by multiple Charity "donors" and/or investors on public forums known to be frequented by the directors of the "non-profit".

Why have they not taken the very, very VERY little time needed to respond on a public forum, or simply send the money to the charity and post a public ledger?

This could constitute suspicion of fraud.

Perhaps it is time to contact the correct government people regarding non-profit fraud? The Attorney General's office would be a good place to start.

I will wait a week and see what the "developers" have to say for themselves, and then I will submit a letter to the AG office with my grievances.

I find it sad that even considering such action is necessary. Directors of non-profit ANYTHING should not expect to be able to take peoples money, and then disappear for two almost two months without a word on what is happening with the money.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: