Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make old people understand Bitcoin?  (Read 4867 times)
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 02:04:14 PM

In my opinion, getting parents to understand Bitcoin is a bit difficult. Because my own parents did not really know and understand the world of technology, especially if it was presented with a discussion and understanding of bitcoin.
Everyone on this forum has their own way of introducing Bitcoin to their parents or loved ones.
I myself introduced bitcoin to my parents as a Digital Currency that can be exchanged for cash or real money. By trading it on an exchange. I also said that bitcoin can be used for any payment but not for my country. Bitcoin is a technology of the future that will change the way of payment today.

And I also say the last time, that Bitcoin is a good investment tool but with high voterity.
Even though my mother is previously an accountant, she have a hard time to understand the concept of the bitcoin and how the bitcoin works. I explained to her how the bitcoin formed, how it can be used and how to get it in detail way. At first she didn't understand what am I saying but over time she managed to understand it a little bit. Right now she is now a fan of it and have also a high hope that it can be use in order to develop the current payment system that we have.

I also said to my mother that bitcoin is not just a currency and a form of payment system. It can also a good investment vehicle in order to gain profit. But when I explained to her how trading works, it seems that she cannot understand it anymore because it is complicated. I just taught her the basics and not the complicated part.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 02:11:02 PM

I'm looking for the easiest way to make old people understand Bitcoin more thoroughly. I want to let the elderly know about the "Bitcoin revolution", yet I find it quite challenging to explain it to them in a way they can understand how it all works. There are some wallets that have a "user-friendly" interface, but even the basics of sending/receiving Bitcoin can have a steep learning curve for the older people. A Bitcoin wallet with built-in accessibility features, could help even elder people with vision or hearing problems to use the pioneer cryptocurrency in their daily lives.

If you happen to know of a way to make old people understand Bitcoin easily, please let me know. Any suggestions or recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Smiley

It will be hard for us to introduce bitcoin with elderly people especially if they aren't inclined with the latest technology. We can discuss it and let them believe about its advantages yet it will still be hard for them to understand its features. I've tried discussing it with my father and he believed it because I have shown him proofs but he still can't understand its features since he's old enough to adapt the latest technology which is needed to access cryptocurrency. I think if they're willing to invest with it, we still need to guide them.
emmaglory5
Copper Member

Activity: 133
Merit: 1

love to live honestly & try to be self-dependent

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2020, 02:15:35 PM

How can this magic internet money “change everything” when I never actually encounter it in my day-to-day life?

█ ★ Website
 Telegram | Twitter █ ★
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 02:19:47 PM

For me, I shouldn't have to sacrifice my time spending with the elderly people just only to teach them about Bitcoin coz it could not be appreciated for sure. Their time is almost getting over and they are tired enough to think about it. Just to be honest and what the real case scenario that Bitcoin might have concluded, this ain't for the elderly but this is for the coming generation. We'd like to educate them and so it could be appreciated much as they are the successors of this new technology.

They will listen to us but they are not capable enough to perform. It much better to spend time with the youngsters as they are in the next in line.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 02:49:18 PM

For me, I shouldn't have to sacrifice my time spending with the elderly people just only to teach them about Bitcoin coz it could not be appreciated for sure. Their time is almost getting over and they are tired enough to think about it. Just to be honest and what the real case scenario that Bitcoin might have concluded, this ain't for the elderly but this is for the coming generation. We'd like to educate them and so it could be appreciated much as they are the successors of this new technology.

They will listen to us but they are not capable enough to perform. It much better to spend time with the youngsters as they are in the next in line.

Practically speaking, your opinion is valid. Even we tried to spend our time trying to find the
easiest ways to allow old people i learning bitcoin,,
Realities still speak by itself, though some might learned if interest and knowledge are combined
in learning this new technology.
But most won't for sure they'll not going to focused even we tried our best finding the right tools
and information to provide them.
It's much better to educate the youth as they are the one that will truly benefits once bitcoin
become fully embraced and adopted.

Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 02:56:31 PM

I'm looking for the easiest way to make old people understand Bitcoin more thoroughly. I want to let the elderly know about the "Bitcoin revolution", yet I find it quite challenging to explain it to them in a way they can understand how it all works.

If you happen to know of a way to make old people understand Bitcoin easily, please let me know. Any suggestions or recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Smiley

Old people are probably not that into the use new technologies and that's for sure.

If you want to introduce bitcoin with them, you should start with its relevance and importance to them.

It is not that easy to do that especially that bitcoin is so complex to understand and handle.

No matter how you work so hard to explain it to them, if you don't find the things that interests them and relate it to bitcoin, then it will probably not work. You should always focus on what makes them interested to something such as gambling, betting, and etc., and use it as a tool to catch their attention and become fascinated about bitcoin's importance, uses, and benefits.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 03:14:02 PM

I'd leave the elderly in blissful ignorance myself. If they started talking about putting their pension into it I'd start to get a bit antsy. Even if I managed to deliver a coherent explanation no way would I want them dealing with it. I've seen what they're like with TV remotes and that's painful enough.
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 03:53:20 PM

Tell them how bitcoin can change and improve their quality of life as they are getting older and older. Remind them about the opportunity that this bitcoin can bring to them to make profits and become successful. It is not too late for an old people to achieve what they want and earn money that they can pass through on their sons and daughter and loved ones, once they ended their journey in this world. They have the maturity to handle themselves from greed so it is not really the problem for them. Their biggest problem in bitcoin investments are ignorance and adaptation, it is not that easy especially that season and the market is always changing.

taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 04:02:46 PM

-snip- But when I explained to her how trading works, it seems that she cannot understand it anymore because it is complicated. I just taught her the basics and not the complicated part.
Just explaining bitcoin requires effort so that parents understand, especially with trading. Trading is a job that requires basic technical analysis and fundamentals. So it will be very difficult to explain how to understand complex things about trading. You just need to explain it in a simple way.
Trading is like trading in the real world. Buy cheap and sell it at a high price.

and one more thing, not all of people who are competent in technology can understand what bitcoin is and what trading is. They only focus on their work.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2020, 04:12:08 PM

It would be interesting to get @Jet Cash’s input on this thread, being a person that is possibly the oldest member here, and whom, I believe I’ve read, has tried to explain Bitcoin to fellow age groups. Of course backgrounds help to grasp concepts. Those with a certain technological (even if from years ago) or financial background will find it much easier to grasp than others.
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1156

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 04:18:12 PM

First, I'll explain about Bitcoin definition, how is it work and telling both of advantages & disadvantages. If he/she's interested, I'll continue to explain more about the details and technical. If he/she's not interested, I'll gave up and don't want to talk about Bitcoin again to her/him... Roll Eyes

IMO the main problem is not about the age... but the mindset and interested. If he/she's interested, I believe he/she's can understand bitcoin and also about the technical things. I just reminded about this thread Am I the oldest member here?, this is the proof not only young-adult people can understand about Bitcoin.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 04:38:46 PM

Tell them how bitcoin can change and improve their quality of life as they are getting older and older. Remind them about the opportunity that this bitcoin can bring to them to make profits and become successful. It is not too late for an old people to achieve what they want and earn money that they can pass through on their sons and daughter and loved ones, once they ended their journey in this world. They have the maturity to handle themselves from greed so it is not really the problem for them. Their biggest problem in bitcoin investments are ignorance and adaptation, it is not that easy especially that season and the market is always changing.

Volatile market would be the thing to established with them, older people always look for securities once they've seen that you are
sharing something that have a higher risk they might have lesser interest, It's hard to convinced them even you already showing them
your benefits.

You need to have longer patience and capabilities to continue looking for the best way to attract them in learning this new technology,
aside from the earning features you also have to convinced them that it's not that hard if they are going  to take a closer look and
try to understand everything that you are sharing with. Once interest showed up from their body language, it will not that take much
longer time to convinced them to listen and learn this system.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 04:43:17 PM

In my opinion, getting parents to understand Bitcoin is a bit difficult. Because my own parents did not really know and understand the world of technology, especially if it was presented with a discussion and understanding of bitcoin.
Everyone on this forum has their own way of introducing Bitcoin to their parents or loved ones.
I myself introduced bitcoin to my parents as a Digital Currency that can be exchanged for cash or real money. By trading it on an exchange. I also said that bitcoin can be used for any payment but not for my country. Bitcoin is a technology of the future that will change the way of payment today.

And I also say the last time, that Bitcoin is a good investment tool but with high voterity.
Even though my mother is previously an accountant, she have a hard time to understand the concept of the bitcoin and how the bitcoin works. I explained to her how the bitcoin formed, how it can be used and how to get it in detail way. At first she didn't understand what am I saying but over time she managed to understand it a little bit. Right now she is now a fan of it and have also a high hope that it can be use in order to develop the current payment system that we have.
That is maybe because bitcoin is the very opposite of what your mother have studied, as an accountant, you are being taught on how to handle finance but it's all about the paper money. I guess your mother was just too used of the old era of money, where there's only one method to use for payment that's why he's having hard time understanding what bitcoin is and how it really works. I appreciate how you introduce bitcoin to your family, you seem a fan of bitcoin for a long time, good job  Cheesy

I also said to my mother that bitcoin is not just a currency and a form of payment system. It can also a good investment vehicle in order to gain profit. But when I explained to her how trading works, it seems that she cannot understand it anymore because it is complicated. I just taught her the basics and not the complicated part.
As your mother does not know any thing about it, you should have begin with the basic since she will understand the demand and supply part easily.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 04:51:37 PM

In the early days palm scripts and writings on metals were used as a source to secure data in my country. These scripts can't be read by everyone, and these data will be piled up as a booklet. We can explain the present days blockchain technology relating to the old way of data saving. Surely old people will be aware of these scripts and for the reference I've added few images of the palm scripts and writings on metals.

That could be in Ancient times back then if you apply that with the digital technology I think pretty much they might understand such things when they are used to old stuff like that it can be the same with the Palm-leaf manuscript back then and I think that was 600 years ago I think old people can now easily understand not so complicated technology just like the Mobile Devices but in my opinion, with the topic of Bitcoin I think they can get the basic stuff of transferring bitcoin from different wallet but not deeper technological and analytical background of Bitcoin.
transcriptionus

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2020, 04:56:37 PM

Instead of talking about the technology and risks, one may explain the savings that they are going to enjoy as part of their life. Usually they care more about savings.
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 05:00:23 PM

It's really hard to explain new tech to old people as they are reluctant to try something that's out of their comfort zone. The thing here is many of the people hear about bitcoin on news sometimes with positive perspective while mostly negative. For me, I share with my parents about how much I hold coins and what am I doing with them but my passwords and accounts are shared with my girlfriend only as they can't properly operate wallets and exchanges.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 05:07:11 PM

We would have to apply to the values they understand. Old people don't care much about investments so they would have to see another benefit of using cryptocurrencies like maybe safety but for that to work Bitcoin would have to become much less volatile.

It's very hard to change a person who did the same thing for many years. Many of these old folks prefer to use cash over cards because even cards are hard for them to grasp. You won't make them interested in Bitcoin.
AbuBhakar

Activity: 994
Merit: 520

🇵🇭

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 05:11:02 PM

Instead of talking about the technology and risks, one may explain the savings that they are going to enjoy as part of their life. Usually they care more about savings.
This make sense when it comes to buying appliances,, they are easy to convince that such appliance will lessen the cost of electricity and so efficient but different reaction in Bitcoin like not in doing transactions or transferring money into friends or colleagues they will sure doubt and will need a very long discussion and sample. I remember sending her money in front of her using my phone and that's the only time I convince her but still with many what ifs, she also double check the account number plenty of times and also she was dismayed when the price drops.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 05:55:32 PM

I don't see any strategies that will work in teaching the old about Bitcoin.

We know already that the old people doesn't have the capability to memorize things because of their age, their are tend to forget easier compare to those people who are around the 30's or 40's. It is hard for them to teach Bitcoin especially for those old people who are not techy or not even exposed to the technology since on their prime, things like this doesn't exist at all. There are some old people too that will just ignore it since they are old already. They don't have any time or at least interest to learn it.

In my place, I'm the only one who knows the basic things of crypto and I'm not teaching it to any of them. Its not that I don't like but I don't feel that they are interested on it too.

I was to also reason that it depends on the age bracket that op is looking at. Those who are above 70 years might find it difficult to learn because they could be far from simple technology from the beginning. I think the old that is difficult to teach can be left alone.

Same, it will really depend on their interests as well, old people I know doesn't want to learn about btc anymore. I guess if their work or interest are more on the side of technology, banking,etc. there's a chance that they will be interested in it, if they have extra money, they will ask help from their friends or children about it, of course those who are knowledgeable about btc already.

However, I think most of the old people are not into it, what more if they are not into techy terms in the first place.

Slow death
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1100

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 06:08:00 PM

the main question is:

Why would the elderly want to know about bitcoin? what will they do with bitcoin?

Seniors learn to use the ATM because they know they can withdraw money from the ATM using their VISA cards

Do you know what will happen if some elderly invest in bitcoin and then lose money?

The elderly will blame you for a long time, in my opinion the best thing is to teach the younger ones because they are easier to deal with technology and prepare them psychologically for some loss in case they invest in bitcoin

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄