Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:44:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make old people understand Bitcoin?  (Read 4867 times)
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 05:29:02 AM

Hello,
that's such a good question. I mean as a beginner it's even for the young people with the right knowledge of technology hard to understand bitcoins. But I think if someone would take the time to teach an older person about it, they would understand. It would take a little longer but I think the main point would be understandable.
Well you have a point, its not easy to understand bitcoin for young people so what more to our elderly right? But if there's a will, there's a way. Thus we just need patience to teach and make them understand the convenience of using bitcoin, either as currency or as investment.

I think its best to start by introducing it as currency like fiat that can be use to purchase online. From there they can understand learn further the uses of bitcoin of course with our assistance.

You are right, but I think it would be easy to teach old people about this technology if they are into it already. I'm talking about those old people who are in the industry of finance, investments and etc. It would be easy for them to learn it but the problem is those old people who doesn't even know how to use a computer or a phone. We will be having a hard time to teach them if they don't even want to learn it in the first place. SOme of them are comfortable already in the things they use, like how it is for my grandparents.

One way to teach them is let them use it. They would understand that it work the same as fiat, them let them slowly understand the technology step by step.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muratsink

Activity: 1330
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 06:29:26 AM

It is really so tough to teach old people about bitcoin, crypto currency and block chain technology. Many people don't know about internet and features of it let alone bitcoin. But if we discuss about bitcoin with them in daily basis, then they may able to understand it.
Yes but as long as old people are willing to learn about bitcoin, it is worth it. Cryptocurrency may seem to be impossible for them to learn because it is all about technology, but deep inside them, they want to know about technology. For me, there's a way to make them understand about bitcoin aside from discussing bitcoin with them on a daily basis, they should start using and knowing about the internet, and they will probably get more attached to it.
Depend with old people kinds because some old people have higher technology and understand how to get passive income with bitcoin without working hard for their life, some time old people not understand how to get profit with investment and looking not smart with technology and saving money only on the bank, we faced with old people have understand how internet giving positive impact in finance maybe most easy how to make them understand with bitcoin and altcoin, we will give us link how background of bitcoin giving much profit for many investors three or four years later.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Dorodha

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 07:33:31 AM

Older people cannot be taught about bitcoin and crypto it's a lot of trouble because they have no idea about technology. They are usually accustomed to the work of the previous era can't remember anything after a certain period of time. If they are not able to keep pace with the current era do not think it is possible to impart knowledge about their bitcoin. It will take a long time for older people to be able to understand Bitcoin.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 07:36:53 AM

Here are some ways you can make old people understand bitcoin such are:
1) picture : First of all show them how bitcoin look like in case they see bitcoin out they can identify from other cryptocurrencies.
2) How to read and write: Secondly teach them how to read and write which is very important for every bitcoin users to the read and understand what is written concerning the rules guiding the business before processing
3) How to protect your privacy: Thirdly impact them how to keep their address details well in their office, home, and inside their phone not to allow scammer to steal their money.
4) How to spend: Fourthly teach them spend wisely and save wisely in case of anything good or bad happen.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 08:38:15 AM

Older people cannot be taught about bitcoin and crypto it's a lot of trouble because they have no idea about technology. They are usually accustomed to the work of the previous era can't remember anything after a certain period of time. If they are not able to keep pace with the current era do not think it is possible to impart knowledge about their bitcoin. It will take a long time for older people to be able to understand Bitcoin.
That's  a case to  case situation. You can't  just generalized  your statement,  there  are older folks  you loves exploring  and learning  new things. Most people who loves venturing  to any potential  opportunities  are willing to take time and learn,  we just  can't  removed the fact that  in this world  money  talks a lot. Though  it will be tough but from  time to time  it will  be adopt by  those  who are really aiming  to understand  and learn the functions / usages of this new cryptocurrency.
d_fitrie

Activity: 589
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 01:40:01 PM

Your assumption, in today's sophisticated era, young or old depending on those who want to learn, think badly about parents, it is not difficult to teach parents as long as they want to learn.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 09:53:31 PM

It's basically like teaching an old dog a new trick. It's going to be hard, but not impossible. Especially if they have at least an entry-level knowledge of modern technology and online payments, you can make them understand how bitcoin works. Aside from that though, I don't think they'd be investing on it as most of them are really accustomed to the tangible assets that they had in the past.

Exactly. All it takes is hard work and perseverance in order to make an old person understand how Bitcoin works and how to use it for his/her own benefit. While most old people will still use Fiat for daily payments, there will always be those who'll use Bitcoin as a store of value just like Gold. This is still new to the elderly, meaning that it's quite hard to understand for the not technically-inclined. But teaching an old dog new tricks is not impossible.

Nonetheless, young people will be the ones that will truly embrace Bitcoin the most. That's largely because they easily adopt the latest technologies. As time goes by, the old generation will "pass out" paving the way for the new generation to take over the world. In the future, young people will become old but quite fond of crypto/Blockchain tech. Bitcoin will no longer be a secret or something unknown, as most people will know all about it. As long as we do our part in spreading the word about Bitcoin, adoption will come one way or another. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 10:58:18 PM

Nonetheless, young people will be the ones that will truly embrace Bitcoin the most. That's largely because they easily adopt the latest technologies. As time goes by, the old generation will "pass out" paving the way for the new generation to take over the world. In the future, young people will become old but quite fond of crypto/Blockchain tech. Bitcoin will no longer be a secret or something unknown, as most people will know all about it. As long as we do our part in spreading the word about Bitcoin, adoption will come one way or another. Just my opinion Smiley
^ Because young people are most usually are into modernization. This means, all have gadgets and can enable them to understand any technical matter. So, anatomically speaking young people have always capable of understanding blockchain technology than the old generation, and probably from their condition, they will never have the interest to learn tech stuff. But this is not in general situations, there are some few from the old era that really wants to embrace cryptocurrencies.
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 11:02:28 PM

It's basically like teaching an old dog a new trick. It's going to be hard, but not impossible. Especially if they have at least an entry-level knowledge of modern technology and online payments, you can make them understand how bitcoin works. Aside from that though, I don't think they'd be investing on it as most of them are really accustomed to the tangible assets that they had in the past.

Exactly. All it takes is hard work and perseverance in order to make an old person understand how Bitcoin works and how to use it for his/her own benefit. While most old people will still use Fiat for daily payments, there will always be those who'll use Bitcoin as a store of value just like Gold. This is still new to the elderly, meaning that it's quite hard to understand for the not technically-inclined. But teaching an old dog new tricks is not impossible.

I know it will take a long process to educate the old people to understand bitcoin and yes we need a lot of patience to do that because we all know that while we are aging, our memory and capability of analyzing things gets harder so we should help them to understand bitcoin in process and little by little. We should also show them some proofs in order for them to believe that trading and mining bitcoin is really beneficial.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2020, 05:31:42 AM

The main thing is accepting and believing. I realize numerous elderly individuals will have a hard time believing us since the government deceived them.
They watch the news and read newspapers where government generally talks negatively against bitcoins.
I figure we should give them what we win from bitcoin, indicating them a wallet would be sufficient; likewise, it's not difficult to comprehend bitcoin and digital currencies.
There are numerous recordings accessible on YouTube; however, the initial step demonstrates them the proof and constructs the trust.
GreenPanda

Activity: 172
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 06:07:53 AM

You got to make sure the people you're explaining Bitcoin are actually interested in learning how it works first. If someone is truly interested/fascinated of learning the basics, there's no age to get it. I've shown my gpu rig to my old school dad the other day with the real-time metrics from pool on another pc, following my addresses and payouts, showing him txstreet with the all tx getting into blocks, he was fascinated and somewhat getting it but he's seeing that there is a lot to learn to be at ease with this stuff...

acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 06:46:23 AM

I find the most difficult task to explain what bitcoin is in front of 60+ seniors mostly beacuse they are not very familiar with concepts and categories like the internet, email, paypal etc which would make everything easier. But I find beginning from what money is a better starter as they know very well what money is and how it works in their life. Then talking about proof-of-work, sybil attacks, mining complicates everything  Grin
Below a link which helps a lot, even if it's for a 5 yrs old  Wink
https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-explained-five-year-old
Jendral Istimewa

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 11:05:21 AM

Here are some ways you can make old people understand bitcoin such are:
1) picture : First of all show them how bitcoin look like in case they see bitcoin out they can identify from other cryptocurrencies.
2) How to read and write: Secondly teach them how to read and write which is very important for every bitcoin users to the read and understand what is written concerning the rules guiding the business before processing
3) How to protect your privacy: Thirdly impact them how to keep their address details well in their office, home, and inside their phone not to allow scammer to steal their money.
4) How to spend: Fourthly teach them spend wisely and save wisely in case of anything good or bad happen.
yes that's absolutely true, I also did like that to my father and my brother. they come to believe and like bitcoin, whereas previously they hated it and considered it trash.

shawonngp

Activity: 756
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2020, 09:40:06 PM

This task will be very difficult. It’s hard to teach our veterans about bitcoin or cryptocurrency because most of them don’t want to understand all about new technology, they just believe what they used to do. And except for those where there are a lot of scammers and their target is to find the person, and sadly they will face a lot of big losses if they exploit the vulnerabilities of the elderly. It's really hard for seniors to learn new things, it takes patience for older people to truly understand Bitcoin.

Harrison chinoye

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2020, 12:18:43 PM

I believe there are some wallets that have a "user-friendly" interface, but even the basics of sending/receiving Bitcoin can have a steep learning curve for the older people. A Bitcoin wallet with built-in accessibility features, could help even elder people with vision or hearing problems to use the pioneer cryptocurrency in their daily lives.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 22, 2020, 03:04:00 PM

More ways now that you can use in teaching the ederly about  the bitcoin if they really want to learn and start earning.
 A crypto user once their relatives who are ederly they can teach them one by one or personally they can use visual for easily understand the bitcoin but they have ederly who still easily understand when they see some information about of what they study.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2020, 06:08:28 PM

I gather short videos on youtube that you can pass to your parents, grandparents, and for any other conservative people  Grin

How to explain Cryptocurrencies to Your grandparents? by Altcoin Nerds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivntqBxkbXI

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies explained for beginners by TRT World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO7r89_Kg7c

Bitcoin explained and made simple by The Guardian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4g1XFU8Gto

my favorite is this one,
What is Cryptocurrency? by IMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDetuRLQso8
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 09:35:02 PM

The main thing is accepting and believing. I realize numerous elderly individuals will have a hard time believing us since the government deceived them.
They watch the news and read newspapers where government generally talks negatively against bitcoins.
I figure we should give them what we win from bitcoin, indicating them a wallet would be sufficient; likewise, it's not difficult to comprehend bitcoin and digital currencies.
There are numerous recordings accessible on YouTube; however, the initial step demonstrates them the proof and constructs the trust.

With all of the misinformation about Bitcoin provided by mainstream governments, elder people will think twice before using it seriously as a currency for day-to-day payments or simply as a store of value. Whereas Bitcoin is fairly new to the world, Gold and Fiat are not. These asset types have been trusted by many people for a long time. It's no wonder why old people still rely on physical cash and even Gold on top of Bitcoin. Despite all of the success Bitcoin has obtained over the years, it's still far from becoming widely adopted in the mainstream world. Given that most elder people have a negative perception about Bitcoin, they'll most likely stick with Fiat for their day-to-day payments. Rest assured that there will always be people who'll use Bitcoin for their own benefit. It's just that the old people adopting Bitcoin will be the minority compared to younger ones.

Nonetheless, it's not that hard to make old people understand how Bitcoin works and how to use it for his/her own benefit. With many YouTube videos available on the web, as well as, articles and useful resources from this very forum, an elder person can learn all about Bitcoin if he/she is interested in it. Ultimately, old generations will pass by paving the way for newer generations to take over the world. Young people are already quite fond with the latest technologies, which means that if they get old, they might still use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for day-to-day payments. Slowly but surely, the time will come where everyone will use digital currencies (either crypto or a CBDC) to participate in the mainstream economy. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 01:56:50 PM

I gather short videos on youtube that you can pass to your parents, grandparents, and for any other conservative people  Grin

How to explain Cryptocurrencies to Your grandparents? by Altcoin Nerds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivntqBxkbXI

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies explained for beginners by TRT World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO7r89_Kg7c

Bitcoin explained and made simple by The Guardian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4g1XFU8Gto

my favorite is this one,
What is Cryptocurrency? by IMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDetuRLQso8
This is indeed a good technique to make them understand bitcoin. Actually, visual representation is easy to understand instead of just explaining it verbally because they can picture in their mind what they are seeing while listening. This is to spread the good effect, benefit and essence of bitcoin or why it is being created. Aside from that, they can also apply what they can learn by understanding every single information about bitcoin, they can make their own money, or they can invest, as long as they really understand what bitcoin is.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2020, 04:49:53 PM

To make parents understand bitcoin is difficult and can definitely be done, some parents who are lazy to read can be taught via video and they must be guided to quickly understand bitcoin. but there are many parents who don't want to know about bitcoin, they are more sure about fiat, so it's difficult to give an understanding of bitcoin to parents like that.
Yes, it's hard, I already show how cryptocurrency works to my parents but they didn't get it. The only thing they knew is it generates money, well of course through trading and investments. Tbh, it's hard to make old people understand bitcoin since they prefer traditional things and don't have time to learn or adopt. Maybe they might get interested and learn it if they will benefit a lot especially those businessmen who target modern technology nowadays.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: