Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin arbitrage, quite profitable BTC investment, make up to 1% ROI per day  (Read 47320 times)
Moedas :D igitais

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Want to mine coins? BTC, LTC, DOGE.

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 07:55:35 AM

Still far from the max of 3%, but really good.
Hope it stays like that, as BTC prices are so depressed...

ghibly79
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

Crypto entrepreneur and consultant

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:41:42 PM

"There is no proof" and bla bla bla.
Simple logic: arbitrage opportunities tend to close very quickly because buying on the cheap exchange and selling on the expensive one eventually drops the expensive one prices to cheap one levels.
So if you are profiting with that technique you DON'T WANT to use other's money, you wan't to exploit the windows yourself as much as possible before they close (and profits are much lower than 1% daily anyway).

It's an obvious hyip/ponzi and it's ok to try to gamble it a bit, but should be in the gambling section.

Also pls stop notifing us of succesfull withdrawals since it proves nothing: ofc they are allowing withdrawals as much as possible or the ponzi will crash immediately.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:54:14 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 04:15:49 PM by crazyivan

Current spread between Bitstamp and BTCe is $17. To put it differently, Bitstamp BTC price is 446 and BTCe is 429. That is almost 4%. This is comparison of only 2 BTC exchanges out of dozens online. After all this you say it is impossible to make 1% profit, well I have news for you, you are wrong big time. Whether they actually do arbitrage or not, I cant tell for sure, what I can tell is that I use them for months and have had no problems at all. I really hope they actually trade due to several reasons:

1) deposits are not unlimited, there is a cap on potential deposits. Which HYIP would do this and for what purpose?
2) there were days when profits were negative. Again, which HYIP would do this and for what purpose?
3) actual daily earnings are often lower then 1%, 0.4%, 0.5%. This is very uncommon in HYIPs, usually daily earnings are 3,4,5%, at least that is what I have seen.
4) they offer cloud mining service as well. Why all this BS and complication if this is just another HYIP.
5) They have been online almost 6.5 months without a single negative review or glitch. At least I cannot find anything online.
6) There are a few representatives visiting BTC conferences and their trips were sponsored by Bitcoin trader. Reports and photos are available on the website.

Having said this, I ll repeat the phrase I always says, when dealing with anything Bitcoin related, DO NOT INVEST anything you cannot afford to lose. The entire BTC economy is still very unsafe, if you like safety, put your money in the bank. For you personally, if you do not like this thread, there are bunch of others here, good luck and thank you for your comment, all this you have said has been repeated ten times in this thread.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 03:59:56 PM

Current spread between Bitstamp and BTCe is $17. To put it differently, Bitstamp BTC price is 446 and BTCe is 429. That is almost 4%. This is comparison of only 2 BTC exchanges out of dozens online. After all this you say it is impossible to make 1% profit, well I have news for you, you are wrong big time. Whether they actually do arbitrage or not, I cant tell, what I can tell is that I use them for months and have had no problems at all. Having said this, I ll repeat the phrase I always says, when dealing with anything Bitcoin related, DO NOT INVEST anything you cannot afford to lose. The entire BTC economy is still very unsafe. For you personally, if you do not like this thread, there are bunch of others here, good luck and thank you for your comment, all this you have said has been repeated ten times in this thread.

How do you exploit this 17$ spread EVERYday?

ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:02:49 PM

I saw the "btc-e/bitstamp" argument coming Wink

First of all your figures are incorrect: you have to consider orderbook depth too. If you are going to buy any significant amount on btc-e you are looking for 433+ $ prices (probably higher) (429 is the current BID price: you cannot place bids and wait with these kind of volumes). Bitstamp bid is currently 444$. The usable spread is around 2.5%, subtract the fees and it's 2%. Then there are the banking fees to deposit/withdraw usd which are usually around 1% each  way (sometimes more).
The arbitrage profit is zero or barely anything OR OTHERWISE EVERYONE WILL BE DOING BTC-E/BITSTAMP arbitrage all day long and the prices will be the same.
Again, simple logic is your friend.

Sometimes the spread is higher and there is a little arbitrage opportunity window (usually when one of the two exchanges flash crashes), but it doesn't last long, obviously.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:03:30 PM

Current spread between Bitstamp and BTCe is $17. To put it differently, Bitstamp BTC price is 446 and BTCe is 429. That is almost 4%. This is comparison of only 2 BTC exchanges out of dozens online. After all this you say it is impossible to make 1% profit, well I have news for you, you are wrong big time. Whether they actually do arbitrage or not, I cant tell, what I can tell is that I use them for months and have had no problems at all. Having said this, I ll repeat the phrase I always says, when dealing with anything Bitcoin related, DO NOT INVEST anything you cannot afford to lose. The entire BTC economy is still very unsafe. For you personally, if you do not like this thread, there are bunch of others here, good luck and thank you for your comment, all this you have said has been repeated ten times in this thread.

How do you exploit this 17$ spread EVERYday?

U cant unless you close the fiat loop unless ur doing crypto arbs.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:12:57 PM

First of all your figures are incorrect: you have to consider orderbook depth too. If you are going to buy any significant amount on btc-e you are looking for 433+ $ prices (probably higher) (429 is the current BID price: you cannot place bids and wait with these kind of volumes). Bitstamp bid is currently 444$. The usable spread is around 2.5%, subtract the fees and it's 2%. Then there are the banking fees to deposid/withdraw usd which are usually around 1% each  way (sometimes more).
The arbitrage profit is zero or barely anything OR OTHERWISE EVERYONE WILL BE DOING BTC-E/BITSTAMP arbitrage all day long and the prices will be the same.

Sometimes the spread is higher and there is a little arbitrage opportunity window (usually when one of the two exchanges flash crashes), but it doesn't last long, obviously.

Wanted to update the previous thread with a few additional pieces of info, hope u don't mind. Please do not list argument only to support your claims. We all know very well prices on BTCe are lower cause they require almost no verification of any kind as opposed to Bitstamp which is quite detailed on this. As a result, black market BTCs re being dumped on BTCe constantly thus lowering the price and this is hole not easy to close. In addition, there are bunch of other exchanges which contribute to the market dept. In addition, BTC arbitrage is not only BTC to fiat. I personally do alts to alts arbitrage every day and most of days I end up making around 1%. U want another example, my last trade was Darkcoin, yesterday, the price difference between exchanges was well over 1%. Also, bunch of people use trading bots and some of them are quite profitable. All I am saying is that this might be possible, I have done it personally, not every day, but I have neither time not skill to do this full time.

gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:16:53 PM

Bla bla bla, what a hogwash. I'm not going to allow you to fool people  Cheesy

Some Facts:
There is a 1% fee to deposit funds to btc-e via Bank Transfer (only method for any large amount deposit ). So 1% is lost if trying to arbitrage.
Moreover It takes over a week for the deposit to process, sometimes several weeks..check the complaints on btc-e thread..very hard to arb effectively.
The Spread is usually $10 difference sometimes more, sometimes less,its never constant. And there is a limit to how much one can profit  as the Order books are SLIM. You can make 1% on $10k, but i doubt that scam is handling only $10k.
It is easier for the anonymous admin to keep your money and pretending to work !..

I'l repeat also: Do NOT invest in this soon-to-be-scam. Buying bitcoin is already risky, and when you'll lose your coin on this ponzi and btc surges to new heights you will regret to have taken double risk and lose it all. Keep your coins in your own hands.

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:19:47 PM

First of all your figures are incorrect: you have to consider orderbook depth too. If you are going to buy any significant amount on btc-e you are looking for 433+ $ prices (probably higher) (429 is the current BID price: you cannot place bids and wait with these kind of volumes). Bitstamp bid is currently 444$. The usable spread is around 2.5%, subtract the fees and it's 2%. Then there are the banking fees to deposid/withdraw usd which are usually around 1% each  way (sometimes more).

Wanted to update the previous thread with a few additional pieces of info, hope u don't mind. Please do not list argument only to support your claims. We all know very well prices on BTCe are lower cause they require almost no verification of any kind as opposed to Bitstamp which is quite detailed on this. As a result, black market BTCs re being dumped on BTCe constantly thus lowering the price and this is hole not easy to close. In addition, there are bunch of other exchanges which contribute to the market dept. In addition, BTC arbitrage is not only BTC to fiat. I personally do alts to alts arbitrage every day and most of days I end up making around 1%. U want another example, my last trade was Darkcoin, yesterday, the price difference between exchanges was well over 1%. Also, bunch of people use trading bots and some of them are quite profitable. All I am saying is that this might be possible, I have done it personally, not every day, but I have neither time not skill to do this full time.

Yes, but as I said, arbitrage opportunities are SMALL, you can do 1% with few usd before the gaps close but you cannot do that with $ 1 mil.
You don't want to use other's money, you want to use yours. And competition is already steep cause of bots, as you noticed too.
That's the entire point.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:24:24 PM

Bla bla bla, what a hogwash. I'm not going to allow you to fool people  Cheesy

Some Facts:
There is a 1% fee to deposit funds to btc-e via Bank Transfer (only method for  any large amount ). So 1% is lost if trying to arbitrage.
Moreover It takes over a week for the deposit to process, sometimes several weeks..check the complaints on btc-e thread..very hard to arb effectively.
The Spread is usually $10 difference sometimes more, sometimes less,its never constant. And there is a limit to how much one can profit  as the Order books are SLIM. You can make 1% on $10k, but i doubt that scam is handling only $10k.
It is easier for the anonymous admin to keep your money and pretending to work !..

I'l repeat also: Do NOT invest in this soon-to-be-scam. Buying bitcoin is already risky, and when you'll lose your coin on this ponzi and btc surges to new heights you will regret to have taken double risk and lose it all. Keep your coins in your own hands.

I share my experience here, will not try to convince anyone into something they do not believe in. Maybe Dodo, protector of the investors, is correct.  Anyway, I am about 20+ days away from reaching full ROI. Dodo, please do send me your address so I can send you some bird seed when I do.

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:28:55 PM

Yes, but as I said, arbitrage opportunities are SMALL, you can do 1% with few usd before the gaps close but you cannot do that with $ 1 mil.
You don't want to use other's money, you want to use yours. And competition is already steep cause of bots, as you noticed too.
That's the entire point.

You do realize that the amount BTC traded on a good day is anywhere between 300.000 and 450.000 coins. That is almost 200 million dollars. Add to this LTC trade, alts to alts trade, this is a huge market. Opportunities are there, one only needs to find them.

ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:37:58 PM

You are referring to total traded volume which has NOTHING to do with the amount needed to close arbitrage gaps, which is WAY smaller. And btc arbitrage isn't the only actor taking advantage of said, already narrow, windows (if they are doing that kind of business at all, that is xD, which I doubt).
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:44:22 PM

OK, let us at least agree on something. The arbitrage method is used every day on bunch of other exchanges, oil, wheat, gold, etc. This is something traders take advantage a lot. If this is something which exists in other markets, it can definitely exists in a highly imperfect and unregulated BTC market. Whether these particular guys actually take advantage of it, as I have stated, I can only hope.

ghibly79
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:05:09 PM

Yes: much wider markets and for much much lower roi.
yonce

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:08:59 PM

OK, let us at least agree on something. The arbitrage method is used every day on bunch of other exchanges, oil, wheat, gold, etc. This is something traders take advantage a lot. If this is something which exists in other markets, it can definitely exists in a highly imperfect and unregulated BTC market. Whether these particular guys actually take advantage of it, as I have stated, I can only hope.

The fact that btc arbitrage trading is new and big is why these ponzi games are taking advantage of using it as their story. I'm sure after bitcoin-trader or during bitcoin-trader's online time we will see several "arbitrage trading" ponzi games come and go till eventually the story gets old and no one believes it anymore.

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:45:26 PM

The fact that btc arbitrage trading is new and big is why these ponzi games are taking advantage of using it as their story. I'm sure after bitcoin-trader or during bitcoin-trader's online time we will see several "arbitrage trading" ponzi games come and go till eventually the story gets old and no one believes it anymore.

Well, you would definitely agree there is SIGNIFICANT difference between Bitcoin trader and other ponzi games, Finmutual.com, for example. With Finmutual it is obvious it is a scam website without even any decent explanation how do they make money at all. I have already asked you to add them to your signature, if you believe these sites are scam, yet you have not done so.

yonce

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:51:07 PM

Well, you would definitely agree there is SIGNIFICANT difference between Bitcoin trader and other ponzi games, Finmutual.com, for example. With Finmutual it is obvious it is a scam website without even any decent explanation how do they make money at all. I have already asked you to add them to your signature, if you believe these sites are scam, yet you have not done so.

I add the biggest offenders to my list and I don't discuss sites I've made profits in public. Of course I'll agree there is a significant difference. Bitcoin-trader is run by a crafty admin looking to fleece the most people out of the most money he possibly can and by disassociating himself with the HYIP industry to try and prove legitimacy. You do realize the point of a ponzi game? They don't make any money - so there is no reason to discuss a ponzi's story. It's a waste of time. So I don't know what you are trying to get at by throwing HYIP names at me. There's a big difference between a good ponzi game and a poor one like bitcoin-trader and several others leading the shit pack.

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.
yonce

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:56:14 PM

Also I made well over a 1000% return last year playing HYIP's  and have had a near perfect track record up till now while the majority of the people in this forum have lost it all or barely broken even throwing their money at amateurs.

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:04:28 PM

I get your point of view, you think all these sites from your signature, including Bitcoin trader, are ponzies and I respect your opinion. I disagree in case of Bitcoin trader but I respect your opinion. I also respect your explanation of you posting on these arbitrage threads in order to prevent people from losing their money on risky websites. However, there is one major problem. You are being selective and only bash a few websites while at the same time promoting Finmutal.com via another thread on this same forum. This questions your credibility and intentions. Unless you think Finmutual.com is legit?

yonce

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:24:59 PM

I get your point of view, you think all these sites from your signature, including Bitcoin trader, are ponzies and I respect your opinion. I disagree in case of Bitcoin trader but I respect your opinion. I also respect your explanation of you posting on these arbitrage threads in order to prevent people from losing their money on risky websites. However, there is one major problem. You are being selective and only bash a few websites while at the same time promoting Finmutal.com via another thread on this same forum. This questions your credibility and intentions. Unless you think Finmutual.com is legit?

Of course I'm being selective because most sites are shit. I've been in 8 sites over the last year, and I promote in private. You continuously mention one site and I am not sure why? I don't understand where you are trying to go with this. The fact that we have to debate whether a site is a ponzi or not is where the problem lies. In the end those players are always the loser.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: