Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:52:36 PM

I saw FallingKnife post on UNB so I was wondering what his take was on that coin

You make an uneasy impression as always. Did you try to message him for his comment and why is it even relevant? Please use private message for your concern or post UNB-related stuff on the UNB-thread. Thanks!
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:17:58 AM

I don't know about Unbreakable, but I did see a coin that made me laugh just from the name - Unattainium.  Good job Unattainium devs, I'm sure that one will catch on and have a bright future.  The name already told me everything I need to know about the coin, no further research necessary.

lol, yes. Unattainium started out with 3 hours blocks. It was a joke from the start  Cheesy
I think it's dead for a while now.
They also launched 'Uranium' now. lol

Wink
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:19:22 AM

What Balu2 said!

A little effort will reveal that Falling Knife is awesomely knowledgeable about SHA coins, and maintains genial relations with many communities. No krypto hoomern can know if a coin has gone bad until way down the track; but if a coin doesn't go bad, those relations become a tiny bit of capital in the big picture of crypto-Uno development.

Go, Falling Knife!
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:45:40 AM

Gawd!! I have heard of/seen Unattainium, Uranium, Titanium, Bitinium, and Latium. Clearly, the Latin suffix '~um' is a chief ingredient of cheap knock-offs.

If we extrapolate this logic, we conclude that the best possible name for a coin would be 'Cheap-Knock-off-ium.' [Innovatively innovative. Total IPO. Merchant agreements already in place with . . . a number of Really Big Companies. Send all your Bitcoin NOW to Brandnewbitcointalkaddressguy @
1DG6gjrZ6XyzSUBA6GBrhra5FSQwkiQy7y]

Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:00:54 AM

I say brace yourselves.  I'm expecting Paycoin to go whizzing by us on it's way down any day or minute.  It should be spectacular, but don't look directly into the flash. 

Z

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:07:57 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 03:40:32 AM by BitcoinNational

UNO is not the same as UNB.

The thread for UNB is here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=539945.0

@Blazin604

UNB max coins 80 Million total
UNB current coins 2.1 Million total
It will take a long time to mine out.  A very long time.

UNo max coins 0.250 Million total
UNo current coins 0.193 Million total
Uno will take 100s of years to mine out too, but is nearly 80% mined out right now.  The remaining coins act like a sustain reward but will continue to half the reward greatly for the next couple of years.

The difference is in the rate of inflation.  UNB will double and then double again and again and again the coin supply.
UNO can not even double in 300 years.

My read is that UNB is an even worse algo model than BTC or LTC.  Great for SHA miners as a long-term source of revenue, but will likely drift to Terra Coin capital range over time.  $6million then now $20k ... ouch.
Why? Constant high inflation is a drag on price support.  

"two of UNB's claims to fame -- IRC support and their auction site"
Yes nice.  Happy to work with UNB's community to improve the auction site especially if the include UNO price listings.

============================================
Go smalltimer!
"There Is A Rebellion Brewing In Bitcoin's Underbelly"
https://www.backed.io/posts/post/23

"Bitcoin has become the cancer of cryptocurrency and holds back progress and surpresses the entire altcoin industry. It is a scam for early adopters and miners to get rich of YOUR money by hyping it up to the point of telling people 10million$ for a coin would be realistic. This is a get rich quick mentality and often times misleading marketing (comparison to gold while it is inflationary more than fiat) and bitcoin looks very, very much like a ponzi right now." - smalltimer

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 01:09:22 AM

Gawd!! I have heard of/seen Unattainium, Uranium, Titanium, Bitinium, and Latium. Clearly, the Latin suffix '~um' is a chief ingredient of cheap knock-offs.

If we extrapolate this logic, we conclude that the best possible name for a coin would be 'Cheap-Knock-off-ium.' [Innovatively innovative. Total IPO. Merchant agreements already in place with . . . a number of Really Big Companies. Send all your Bitcoin NOW to Brandnewbitcointalkaddressguy @

Sounds like a case for our very own Gustav - @shitcoinbuster on Twitter. Definitely should follow him for great tweets!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:15:25 AM

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but UNO is not the same as UNB.

The thread for UNB is here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=539945.0

Personally have had no interaction with UNB, but a quick perusal of the thread gives one the impression of a typical pump and dump?

yup, they got pumped and dumped...I used to hold them...sold out.  Pump and dumps are a real cancer on alts/bitcoin.  Lets be honest, bitcoin was the biggest pump, but it was a perfect storm of factors that made it possible.
cragv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:17:58 AM

Introducing 'Cheap-Knock-off-ium.'

[Innovatively innovative. Total IPO. Merchant agreements already in place with . . . a number of Really Big Companies. Send all your Bitcoin NOW to Brandnewbitcointalkaddressguy @

I just sent 20 BTC. Looking forward to fat profits, yo! Thanks for hooking me up, man.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:37:14 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 03:27:28 AM by BitcoinNational

Hmmm . . . two of UNB's claims to fame -- IRC support and their auction site -- are community initiatives not technical offerings. Interesting.

And moving right along: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/02/03/us-usa-fed-kocherlakota-qe-idUKKBN0L72BA20150203

This article made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Why? cause 'bond-buying' is QE.

QE is dead; long live 'bond-buying'!!

The point is that All This is front-and-centre relevant to cryptos. GFC Two now? or later? Bail-ins? Hyper-inflation?

<Scratches Head>
So the FEDRES intentionally and publicly wants +2% inflation ...
but also wants savings rates at 0.25%?

aka ... "A Guaranteed Loss" for the FEDRES note holders (investors losses -1.75%) ... what a deal!

Also this 'bond-buying' is the same as UN-EX 'loaning' uno to a friend 'Samuel' ... then changing the algo 'FORK IT' to give UN-EX (and only UN-EX) more unos so that we can buy up 'Sam's' bonds (cuz he's a debt-aholic).    

<sighs>

BTC is a lousy algo model but it is 10000x better than the FEDRES coin algo, ECB coin algo, et al.

This graph blows my mind // http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-03/what-comes-after-paper-money-part-1-fiats-obvious-failure

Bankers inflated then deflated for 400+ years.  Fair enough system if you know the game cycle.
In times of war you see the state over borrows so you get a inflation peak, followed by deeper deflation.
BUT
When the federal reserve is created you see a SUPER inflation peak, followed by a super deeper deflation ... aka "the great depression".
And no deflation (or balancing of the the fiat) ever since.
Just up for nearly 90 years ... so what's the downside going to look like?

------------------
Non-zero Balance Addresses    = 14038
source = http://www.blocktree.io/e/UNO  .... cool stuff

@eThought Smiley  mucho ThankQs for blocktree

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 01:59:24 AM

I saw FallingKnife post on UNB so I was wondering what his take was on that coin

I don't have a serious take on UNB.  Thanks for asking, though.  I just was lol'ing at their pump.

They seem like nice enough guys over at UNB. They added UNO to their UnbreakableCoinsAuction.com site at a time when Uno really needed some good news. They're working hard to keep things rolling at UNB. I have respect for any honest coin dev whose trying to make a go of it. And I have a  well known soft spot for Sha256 coins.

Uno is homecoin, but I also sometimes wander around and try to see what's going on.

If you're wondering about UNB's pump, this is what caught my attention:

It looks like it's winding down. Look at that volume pattern. Whoever was pumping wasn't even trying to hide selling into their own buy orders. It got 'em up high on CMC with strong volume, and it looks like some of the price might even stick for a little while.  

With few notable exceptions, I don't wish ill will on any coin community. UNB is out there trying to make a go of it, just like Uno.  

Some coins are doing cool things and I like to learn what I can from them.

We have a great story in Uno: no-premine, low inflation, fair launch, great community... it all combines to make a compelling case for Uno.   I picked a winner for my home coin, but I try not taunt and tease other coins too much. Smiley  

But when I saw the start of the UNB pump, it gave me a laugh.  Good on them.  We don't need those those kind of pumps to get people interested in Uno, but they sure are fun.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 02:09:43 AM

To talk about an epic dump, paycoin takes the cake! How do people keep falling for the glitz and glamour of the bells and whistles?

UNO just needs to keep doing what it does best and stay the slow and steady course. It's amazing how many people are beginning to get on board. Patience is key in this game. Through attrition, we may be the last coin around when the dust finally settles.

Cool

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 02:11:58 AM

Sounds like a case for our very own Gustav - @shitcoinbuster on Twitter. Definitely should follow him for great tweets!

I love @shitcoinbuster.  He says all of the stuff I'm thinking, but am too diplomatic to say on @unobtanium_uno.  But he gets a lot of RT's from me anyway! Smiley

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 02:20:10 AM

I don't know about Unbreakable, but I did see a coin that made me laugh just from the name - Unattainium.  Good job Unattainium devs, I'm sure that one will catch on and have a bright future.  The name already told me everything I need to know about the coin, no further research necessary.

lol, yes. Unattainium started out with 3 hours blocks. It was a joke from the start  Cheesy

Wink
They had an amazing hashrate the first month.  It's a little less amazing now.

Unat was one of the coins I reached out to about MM with Uno, but he blew me off.   I guess he felt he didn't need any help, or the Uno community offering a friendly hand.

And today UNAT's 24 hour volume at Bittrex is exactly (hang on, let me get this precisely right to last satoshi):  0.00000000 BTC

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 02:24:30 AM

To talk about an epic dump, paycoin takes the cake! How do people keep falling for the glitz and glamour of the bells and whistles?

UNO just needs to keep doing what it does best and stay the slow and steady course. It's amazing how many people are beginning to get on board. Patience is key in this game. Through attrition, we may be the last coin around when the dust finally settles.

Cool

I'm willing to bet that there's a much, much higher incident of chronic gambler's disease in the cryptocurrency community than among normal people. They know it's a ponzi scam; all they have to do is get out at the top.
Every gambler loves that challenge. Crypto gives them a high because -- at least temporarily -- they're in the money. They just have to overcome their greed.

I've come to a conclusion (or maybe a delusion): a lot of these coins are not coins or currencies at all.  Many of them are just games.  And after the pump, the game is played, and so it's off to the next one.

Nostr:
Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:25:08 AM

I don't know about Unbreakable, but I did see a coin that made me laugh just from the name - Unattainium.  Good job Unattainium devs, I'm sure that one will catch on and have a bright future.  The name already told me everything I need to know about the coin, no further research necessary.

lol, yes. Unattainium started out with 3 hours blocks. It was a joke from the start  Cheesy

Wink
They had an amazing hashrate the first month.  It's a little less amazing now.

Unat was one of the coins I reached out to about MM with Uno, but he blew me off.   I guess he felt he didn't need any help, or the Uno community offering a friendly hand.

And today UNAT's 24 hour volume at Bittrex is exactly  0.00000000 BTC

someone sell UNO on Bittrex

gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:30:39 AM

And today UNAT's 24 hour volume at Bittrex is exactly  0.00000000 BTC

lol

I'm honored if you like my twitter. I just tweet what i think and don't care if people like it or not. Currently i'm more trolling Bitcoin than anything else (cuz it deserves it right now).  Cheesy

My twitter is certainly hard to digest sometimes for some people but that's intended. Can't please everyone all the time Wink  
Like to be provocative sometimes. So follow my unorthodox twitter at your own risk.  Wink
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 02:35:06 AM

Blazin, if that's your big-arse order, why don't you just buy up what's for sale right now? It's not priced appreciably higher than what your offer is.  Anyway, in six months when UNO is at 0.1 BTC you'll be really glad that you did!

Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:38:19 AM

Blazin, if that's your big-arse order, why don't you just buy up what's for sale right now? It's not priced appreciably higher than what your offer is.  Anyway, in six months when UNO is at 0.1 BTC you'll be really glad that you did!

thanks bro I am looking forward to seeing where this coin takes me...my gut tells me something good about this coin ...

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 02:40:26 AM

thanks bro I am looking forward to seeing where this coin takes me...my gut tells me something good about this coin ...
UNO is more brains than gut...

Also, have you ventured over to the in-house trading thread at www.tinyurl.com/UNO-EX ?

Please read the OP to see how it works and then put in an offer there for a big position.

Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: