Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:22:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:27:07 PM

@Bitcoin/Gavincoin/Mpcoin
Oh man! I don't believe in any of those but when it comes down to the war i'm with Mpcoin as i think it will be the surving coin if it can overcome the first difficulty adjustement for many reasons (but not going too far offtopic here). In this chaos nobody is going to invest in bitcoin - that's certain.
I will not be able to afford running Gavincoin as i don't have enough bandwidth or HD and i think normal people have neither so bitcoin looses it's userbase and will no longer be able to compete sufficiently due to wastefullness with peoples' recouces.
(If you want we can discuss the bitcoin missle crisis and civil war in the offtopic thread, maybe someone can provide a link so i don't have to search for it?)

@Changes in Uno
Not a good idea right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
balu2

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:30:57 PM

but for real, though, the guy i REALLY want to hear from, and who's opinion would hold the most weight with me would be Blazr2.  that guy is the real deal.

+1000

After all Blazr2 is to UNO what Satoshi is to Bitcoin
vector.iso

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:32:32 PM

This year: 10$ a coin
Next year 50$ a coin
what do you think ?

i don't really see this happening.  this is a grassroots community in a vast ocean of new cryptocurrencies, not like when bitcoin was a one-of-a-kind.  i definitely see a bright future, but $50 per kg in 2 years seems a little hasty.

i'll guess $4-5 by the end of the year.  can't see far enough ahead to predict 2 years
balu2

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:39:50 PM

Next year 50$ a coin
what do you think ?

i don't really see this happening.  this is a grassroots community in a vast ocean of new cryptocurrencies, not like when bitcoin was a one-of-a-kind.  i definitely see a bright future, but $50 per kg in 2 years seems a little hasty.

i'll guess $4-5 by the end of the year.  can't see far enough ahead to predict 2 years

Don't say it can't in case bitcoin continues to fail so hard as it does - uno provides the direct solution to most btc problems afterall. All it takes is one haleluja on coindesk for example and we're off to the moon.
There could be some domino effects happening - it's the internet, you know. Information spreads fast and things...
Jelks

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:43:19 PM

How/why does the official Unobtanium-Qt wallet (Win 7 pro) get out of sync?  When I see no mining revenue -- that I know should be there -- coming into it, I kill it, restart it immediately, and all of a sudden it's XX hours "behind".  Once it's finally caught up, I see the formerly missing mining revenue.  How/why does this happen?

Related to this, any word on the merge-mining?

I don't know... I have not seen this problem myself.
The network is healthy.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/#!network

How often does it happen? How many peers do you see?

It definitely is not the network; it definitely is the client.  I usually leave it running 24/7.  It happens at least once a week, I've had it happen up to three times in a week.

If I hover over the network-y looking icon on the bottom right, it says I have 8 active connections to the Unobtanium network.  That's now.  I restarted last night.  I guess I should look at it when it seems to not have been receiving any mining revenue I know is there.

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 09:44:53 PM

but for real, though, the guy i REALLY want to hear from, and who's opinion would hold the most weight with me would be Blazr2.  that guy is the real deal.

+1000

AGREED

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
balu2

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:45:24 PM

This IS the time to act, and there may only be weeks left to accomplish this.  Perhaps Bryce knows this, too, and thus the quasi-urgency.

Since when can people tell the future? I don't see any urgency at all. Hasty decisions are seldom good decisions - we have seen that time and time again.
Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:47:16 PM

Next year 50$ a coin
what do you think ?

You may be right, but I see:

-$USD failure
-BTC 'fork' FUD passing (in-the-know buy up cheap, and BTC is scaled up)
-Mass BTC adoption!!!

Don't be so quick to recuse Unobtanium from participating in this year's events.  I remember from maybe early 2014, if not late 2013, when, after having converted all my other cryptos to UNO, I had to watch as UNO was just about the last coin to participate in the gold rush at that time.  It was hell to have to watch all the coin I just had go up 10x-100x compounded on BTC's 10x rise.

Things shouldn't proceed the same this time, but you MUST be ready for success.  Take this as a very strong warning.  Sidechains or not.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Benefactor

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:49:03 PM

Let's separate something:

Is this about Bryce's approach, or is this a technical discussion about the future and maintenance of the Unobtanium network?

...And remember to be respectful.  Wink

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

balu2

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:51:11 PM

Next year 50$ a coin
what do you think ?

-$USD failure
-Mass BTC adoption!!!

Don't be so quick to recuse Unobtanium from participating in this year's events.  I remember from maybe early 2014, if not late 2013, when, after having converted all my other cryptos to UNO, I had to watch as UNO was just about the last coin to participate in the gold rush at that time.  It was hell to have to watch all the coin I just had go up 10x-100x compounded on BTC's 10x rise.

Things shouldn't proceed the same this time, but you MUST be ready for success.  Take this as a very strong warning.  Sidechains or not.

There won't be massadoption of Gavincoin because people can't run full nodes - they going to need to host the blockchain on google servers (lol). Currently Bitcoin has to learn 'one chain for all things' is not a viable philosophy. If anything happens, altcoins break free.

Maybe you didn't notice: but things are not like 2014 anymore. We're among the few coins that actually rise. You can't compare this year to 2014 at all.

Get yourself update on gavincoin. Up to 1000GB blockchain per year, hardfork with no consensus at all!! (they completely lost it)

Can you afford to download 120MB of blockchain every hour? I can't.
Jelks

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:54:37 PM

Bryce today tweeted ...

Sidechains a few months away?

Perfect.

$UNO

Notice he put it as a question.

The big question, though, is "will it be profitable to mine UNO after May if the price remains, say, under $5?"  Or under even $10?

If not, what are the miners to do?  (excluding here pure altruistic love of the concept of UNO)
cryptapus

Activity: 626

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 09:55:23 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 10:55:43 PM by cryptapus

I've added another richlist for Unobtanium, this one currently shows top 10,000 addresses, still a work in progress...

https://cryptap.us/uno/richlist

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:56:38 PM

Bryce today tweeted ...

Sidechains a few months away?

Perfect.

$UNO

Notice he put it as a question.

The big question, though, is "will it be profitable to mine UNO after May if the price remains, say, under $5?"  Or under even $10?

If not, what are the miners to do?  (excluding here pure altruistic love of the concept of UNO)

our hash is up 50% same as price

A lot of btc mining is going to shut down - mining hardware will be cheap this year.
I don't have any concerns about hash as long as Uno can stay at above 0.01 btc
Benefactor

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:57:55 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 10:17:24 PM by Benefactor

Next year 50$ a coin
what do you think ?

Don't say it can't in case bitcoin continues to fail so hard as it does - uno provides the direct solution to most btc problems afterall. All it takes is one haleluja on coindesk for example and we're off to the moon.
There could be some domino effects happening - it's the internet, you know. Information spreads fast and things...
"A-greed"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm0R380Bz8A

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

gustav

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:58:13 PM

+1000

AGREED

+1

and having prominer weigh in would be good too as he is probably what you would call an Uno whale Wink
(his opinion is important too)
vector.iso

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:59:53 PM

Next year 50$ a coin
what do you think ?

-$USD failure
-Mass BTC adoption!!!

hey, as a guy who'd holding a bunch of Unobtanium, I'd certainly be happy if it was worth 25x its current value, but I'm not going to be surprised if that doesn't happen for a good while out.  I'd also like to squash that peppy price hype and discourage newcomers from panic buying and causing wild price swings; i really just don't have the stomach for roller coasters any more.  
gustav

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:02:49 PM

Next year 50$ a coin
what do you think ?

-$USD failure
-Mass BTC adoption!!!

hey, as a guy who'd holding a bunch of Unobtanium, I'd certainly be happy if it was worth 25x its current value, but I'm not going to be surprised if that doesn't happen for a good while out.  I'd also like to squash that peppy price hype and discourage newcomers from panic buying and causing wild price swings; i really just don't have the stomach for roller coasters any more.  

don't 'squash' ... if it goes up too fast for you: put a sellwall. I would do the same.

A crazy unrealistic pump would certainly run into sellwalls. Not necessary dump but just a gentle sellwall.  Wink

Right now i think we are at a totally sustainable price.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 10:04:44 PM

+1000

AGREED

+1

and having prominer weigh in would be good too as he is probably what you would call an Uno whale Wink
On a lighter note:

@gustav is the winner of the $UNO pot for being the 1st post on page 300!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
gustav

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:05:36 PM

+1000

AGREED

+1

On a lighter note:

BTW @gustav is the winner of the $UNO pot for being the 1st post on page 300!

but i'm not a newbe  Smiley
vector.iso

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:09:24 PM

god damn, 300 pages.  crazy.
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: