Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:35:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 03:51:42 AM

Please understand that I have no wish to promote dissent, but I will post the following because if the position I am analysing -- selfish action in markets is absolutely the only intelligent action -- is correct, then Un-Ex and any other community undertakings are naive:

Here is The Position: " . . . because I was taught in economics class those many years ago that self interest is the only way that capital markets work."

" 'Many years ago' is the key phrase here. The evolutionary psychologists have fascinating data on how human societies work, and it always involves interplay between selfishness and altruism.

I recommend a BBC documentary titled 'The Trap.' Watch the section on IBM-Rand/Nash/game theory very carefully. You will see in play 'petitio principii' -- the guys in control wanted a certain outcome, and simply dismissed data that contra-indicated.

[For example, the theorists predicted that 'If X, then Y.' They asked the (female) secretaries in the building to play the game. The outcomes were almost entirely 'If X, then not-Y' -- but the Military Types just ignored that glitch. (What would a bunch of women know about how human society functions?) There is later in the doco a statement about who did assiduously stick to the game-theory models: psychopaths and economists.]

Here's my theoretical position on All This:

Marxists, anarchists, second-wave feminists, people with fundamental religious  beliefs, neo-liberals, fascists -- they all tend to polarise their positions. It's a sort of 'bargaining tactic': to 'negate' Marxism, you admit no common ground, you take exactly the opposite position (a radical individualist stance). And vice versa.

[Look up the linguistic principle of 'hypercorrection.']

Of course, all us non-theorists know that there usually is middle ground. You may oppose communism, but you're still not gonna try to carry a piano down a flight of stairs on your own."

Mark
+1

Although I don't know any second-wave feminists...  Wink

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:14:53 AM

I am a feminist, B.C., and unashamed about it.

Started in on libertarian politics in the early 90's (after serving in airborne infantry!), and worked with anarcha-feminists in the late 90's.

Eisenstein has a definition of 'feminism' that I find few people find too confronting:

'A lot of unfortunate stuff has happened to women, and it's reasonable to do something about it.'

But I have shifted significantly from the 'anti-essentialist' foundation of the theory of that era.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:23:53 AM

Please understand that I have no wish to promote dissent, but I will post the following because if the position I am analysing -- selfish action in markets is absolutely the only intelligent action -- is correct, then Un-Ex and any other community undertakings are naive:

Here is The Position: " . . . because I was taught in economics class those many years ago that self interest is the only way that capital markets work."

" 'Many years ago' is the key phrase here. The evolutionary psychologists have fascinating data on how human societies work, and it always involves interplay between selfishness and altruism.

I recommend a BBC documentary titled 'The Trap.' Watch the section on IBM-Rand/Nash/game theory very carefully. You will see in play 'petitio principii' -- the guys in control wanted a certain outcome, and simply dismissed data that contra-indicated.

[For example, the theorists predicted that 'If X, then Y.' They asked the (female) secretaries in the building to play the game. The outcomes were almost entirely 'If X, then not-Y' -- but the Military Types just ignored that glitch. (What would a bunch of women know about how human society functions?) There is later in the doco a statement about who did assiduously stick to the game-theory models: psychopaths and economists.]

Here's my theoretical position on All This:

Marxists, anarchists, second-wave feminists, people with fundamental religious  beliefs, neo-liberals, fascists -- they all tend to polarise their positions. It's a sort of 'bargaining tactic': to 'negate' Marxism, you admit no common ground, you take exactly the opposite position (a radical individualist stance). And vice versa.

[Look up the linguistic principle of 'hypercorrection.']

Of course, all us non-theorists know that there usually is middle ground. You may oppose communism, but you're still not gonna try to carry a piano down a flight of stairs on your own."

Mark

Well for me, as an economics student, it is obvious everyone acts by maximizing personal utility.
To be honest, I have not met an altruistic person. Sure I have met people who do charity and help others but I do not see them being altruistic. They simply enjoy the feeling of helping others, being needed by someone. Their preference may not be financial gain but the good feeling you get when you do something to others - thus they are maximizing their personal utility which in this case is not financial. The companies maximizes the financial gain but not individual human beings who maximizes simply their utility (utility is very vague concept since it has pretty multiple meanings - it includes in general each everyone's personal preferences).
The capitalistic system is the best system that works so far - it may not be the perfect but the best so far among the systems until better will be invented.  Wink The communistic system fails to the problem of free riders since there is no competition which is a positive force.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:26:27 AM

Started in on libertarian politics in the early 90's (after serving in airborne infantry!), and worked with anarcha-feminists in the late 90's.

Eisenstein has a definition of 'feminism' that I find few people find too confronting:

'A lot of unfortunate stuff has happened to women, and it's reasonable to do something about it.'

But I have shifted significantly from the 'anti-essentialist' foundation of the theory of that era.

In the western world women have things pretty well... I think the feminism is more needed in some Islamistic countries. The situation is critical there, also in many third world countries women have bad situation.
In my country, Finland, on the other hand things are pretty well with women. We even had a female president for 2 rounds which is the maximum that the law allows to be a president here.
Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:53:05 AM

Peter McWilliam's book, Ain't Nobodies Business If You Do, placed me on the path to Libertarianism in the mid-90's.  I have been registered Libertarian since 2000.

http://www.amazon.com/Aint-Nobodys-Business-You-Consensual/dp/192976717X

In April of 2013, I attended the Libertarian Party of California Annual Convention Saturday Night Dinner.  At the after party, I found myself talking to someone about bitcoin for about an hour.  There was a full blown party in the next room, but this person was glued to his computer and bitcoins.  The next day, I was off to the races.  I bought my first bitcoins on eBay, ordered a BFL Jalapeno, and created my first excel spreadsheet.  (That spreadsheet has been revised, updated or otherwise enhanced - 53 times and is open all day long.  It updates every five minutes, and currently pulls its data from BTC Charts and Cryptsy.)  

Z

P.S.  I just got my "full member" coins or whatever those are... wasn't long ago I was whining about breaking out of newbie status.

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:59:36 AM

1.  Feminist Fund ... we'll help up start Smart women with good business ideas (specifically 3rd World located) with Capital built up by selfish greedy Western Males.  (my best guess on 'our' general demographics).

2.  We need a "Beautiful Women" Fund ... Why cuz I'm a chauvinist pig and I want to see young attractive and intelligent women promoting UNO on Youtube and any other venues.  

3.  Took a Feminism class in college.  Still haven't a clue.  Other than just another mind trap 'ism' to divide otherwise decent people.   Pepsi/Coke ... noise and nonsense.   The one thing that did stick with me years later was 'The Care Imperative' (oddly only briefly mentioned in the course work).  Women 'care' for things.  Men 'take' things.  Ying-Yang Black-White generalization, in a world of grey.  

4.  Last but best idea FUND.  Target well-known Libertarians.  Get them hooked on UNO.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Zelig

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 06:42:00 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 07:53:23 AM by Zelig

Alright... I'm not real sure how Un-Ex works but want to give it a try.  Someone may have to walk me through the steps.  I just made an entry in the Un-Ex tracker.

Also - it's late here in Cali, so may have to catch me tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT:  Thank you for that trade and walking me through Un-Ex, IMZ.

Respectfully,
Z

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 08:26:01 AM

"Target well-known Libertarians.  Get them hooked on UNO."

Big Kudos to B.N. for this suggestion. Why has it not been a major goal since Day One of cryptos?

M
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:02:57 AM

@M

We come at them with a list of the very best.  The UnEx MAJORS, a quick entry guide to the best crypto in crypto.

Plus a few kilos Un just for joining.  Target academics and pundits, the camp leaders so to speak.  Also any organized communities.  Free State Vermont?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:06:01 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 09:35:14 AM by IMZ

@ True:

absolutely by no means am I implying a capitalism-communism binary here:

'To be honest, I have not met an altruistic person'

EDITED:
Third attempt:

'Serikat Buruh Sejahtera Indonesia': the trade unionists I fought with in Indonesia in the 90's. All were smart enough to have not been active.

May those who lost their lives in basements and on barricades rest in peace.

M

Zelig

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:12:37 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 09:28:00 AM by Zelig

"Target well-known Libertarians.  Get them hooked on UNO."

Big Kudos to B.N. for this suggestion. Why has it not been a major goal since Day One of cryptos?

M

Well... I think what drew Libertarians to bitcoin is anonymity and freedom from regulation.  If bitcoin isn't giving them the anonymity and freedom from regulation they seek, they are probably gravitating to the Darkcoins genre.

As I stated previously, I'm a registered Libertarian, but I'm not that worried about anonymity and I see the practical side of regulation.  I guess I'm talking the "hard core" Libertarians.  

I think that what I am beginning to realize is - bitcoin for spending and Unobtanium for saving.  Still, UNO needs to have "practical use" - which, I also realize is being established.

UNO is on a course ... established and maturing in relation to other alt coins.  I think we also all have a sense that there is a tipping point... whether a market cap or position on the market caps.  

Z

IanRidgwell

Activity: 263

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:44:40 AM

Regarding the 'never met an altruistic person' person.

I think that speaks volumes about you, not about the society you live in.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
Zelig

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:51:14 AM

Regarding the 'never met an altruistic person' person.

I think that speaks volumes about you, not about the society you live in.

Mmm... don't get too carried away with comments made off the cuff on discussion boards.  I have a sense of where IMZ is coming from.  Volunteer work looks great on a resume, and I have known many people who have made practical use of this... hearts in the endgame, not the work itself.  Does that speak volumes about me... my observation?

Earlier today, I was working with a resume writing service.  Tell us something special about you, what makes YOU stand out?, e.g. what type of organizations do you volunteer for?  I once knew someone who volunteered for a dog care shelter - up until he received his coveted position.  Not judging.  Just sayin'. 

Z

IanRidgwell

Activity: 263

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 03:14:30 PM

I wasn't having a go at IMZ. I was refering to the earlier post. I'm pretty sure I get IMZ position on Altruism. At least last time we chatted.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 05:17:54 PM

Anyone want to suggest any ...
A. Altruism Society
B. Greedism Society
C. Feminism Society
D. Libertarianism Society
E. Capitalism Society
F. Communism Society
G. Midget Clownism Society

Which every you prefer UN does not discriminate it is the Universal crypto store of value.

Just looking for any social organization we ought to approach, why because they already function as a social network. 
And here's our proposition:
The future of money is UN (BTC at lightspeed) ... join us?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 07:12:19 PM

Get ready to reload with Btc!

Uno looking good under $3.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 10:04:15 PM

"Well... I think what drew Libertarians to bitcoin is anonymity and freedom from regulation.  If bitcoin isn't giving them the anonymity and freedom from regulation they seek, they are probably gravitating to the Darkcoins genre.

As I stated previously, I'm a registered Libertarian, but I'm not that worried about anonymity and I see the practical side of regulation.  I guess I'm talking the "hard core" Libertarians.  

I think that what I am beginning to realize is - bitcoin for spending and Unobtanium for saving.  Still, UNO needs to have "practical use" - which, I also realize is being established."

'Suites' of cryptos! Which means in our fairly special case, a 'non-zero-sum' way of explaining who we are: Unobtanium is an as-well-as instrument not a My-Coin-is-better-than-Your-Coin instrument.

And the Un-Ex stuff is all about a 'suite' of instruments!
digitalgold

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:41:25 PM

Hi Unobtanium Community,

Ricky here from Digital Gold Ltd,

We setup an anonymous mining pool and since we're fans of Unobtanium we added it!

1.NO sign up required
2.User name: Unobtanium address
3.Pass: Anything
4.Stratum info on the home page

http://pool.digitalgold.co/

We will be adding more features as well as improving the aesthetics as the pool increases in popularity and covers server cost.

Ricky
Digital Gold
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:41:25 PM

And Speaking of Suites of Coins . . .

Sabretooth is our tenth DVC holder. There are now 20 DVC in circulation, and they have attracted premiums of amazing size.

If you are 'half way to DVC,' dive in and finish setting up, then you'll be positioned to underwrite 'equity DVC' in a couple of months.

m
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 02:51:16 AM

Hi Unobtanium Community,

Ricky here from Digital Gold Ltd,

We setup an anonymous mining pool and since we're fans of Unobtanium we added it!

1.NO sign up required
2.User name: Unobtanium address
3.Pass: Anything
4.Stratum info on the home page

http://pool.digitalgold.co/

We will be adding more features as well as improving the aesthetics as the pool increases in popularity and covers server cost.

Ricky
Digital Gold

Thanks, Ricky. Welcome to the community.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: