Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:40:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 [612] 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046656 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 06:51:34 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 07:08:46 PM by FallingKnife

the day I can liquidate the last of the 2,000 that I own/manage, I’ll delete the wallet.

damn, Mark, I'm real sorry to read this.  you should definitely reconsider
I also hope he will reconsider.

I know the tone of this thread had taken nasty turn back a couple hundred pages back, but I hope I've learned from the feedback I received. I have tried to be more diligent in moderating since then.  The rules of this thread are posted in the 2nd OP, for anyone interested.

UNO is open source.  I can't change who contributes to it.
UNO is for sale. I can't decide who buys it or who can dump it.  
What I am allowed to do is delete the occasional rancid post on one thread on Bitcointalk.

I do care what Gekko thinks.  I do care what Mark thinks.  I do care what you think.  
I care what UNO haters think, even while I disagree with them.

UNO is something special to me. This is a great community, packed with crypto knowledge and experience.  Its strong enough to endure a Gekko or two.  A lot of us have friendships and contact beyond this thread. I know this community as a solid group of long term crypto enthusiasts, many who are in it as much for fun as for profit. UNO is the "home base coin" for many people, a constant in their altcoin adventure.  Just go back a year or two, and you'll see many of the same names as today.  This is one of the reasons why UNO has held up so well for nearly three years. Its been amazingly stable in value over that time.   We're having a good time, and not just sitting around waiting for someone else to do something.

Sure, I want UNO to continue to appreciate, and I think it will as long as it's backed by the full faith and enthusiasm of this community.

So as the lights slowly go out on the other cryptocurrency threads, as their miners give up and the networks collapse after the premine dumps, after the exchanges de-list them and bag holders cry out "scam!!," just return to UNO. We're here long term.

Man, UNO has endured some shit since 2013, hasn't it?  Many other coins have bled to death from a thousand cuts, and yet UNO is still here. Still a top 100 coin even though thousands of other coins have been launched since UNO.  There must be something good going on here.

Unobtanium. Fair since 2013.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:00:55 PM

really, anyone who bailed on uno over what anyone else says/types, probably shouldnt be invested anyway.

gekko sold his 1200-1600, now wants back in as low as poss - tries to scare weak hands or something...?

wait 'til may 1st - whoooooo. 3spooky5me

sell sell sell

on another note - who has the know-how to get uno onto coinimi?

free if 'we' DIY... shouldnt be overlooked! that offer may well have a shelf life.

(@IMZ what do you want for your 2k?)
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 07:12:47 PM

really, anyone who bailed on uno over what anyone else says/types, probably shouldnt be invested anyway.

gekko sold his 1200-1600, now wants back in as low as poss - tries to scare weak hands or something...?

wait 'til may 1st - whoooooo. 3spooky5me

sell sell sell

on another note - who has the know-how to get uno onto coinimi?

free if 'we' DIY... shouldnt be overlooked! that offer may well have a shelf life.

(@IMZ what do you want for your 2k?)

Yes, Coinomi will do all the work for $1500.
We can do the work ourselves for... whatever.

Uberpay multicoin Android wallet is almost an exact clone of Coinomi, even down to the integration with Shapeshift, and it works great now.  All the coins I use on it are always up.   But I agree... in terms of overall downloads and mindshare, Coinomi is the gold standard for the multicoin wallet right now. Being there would be good exposure for UNO.

Would someone smart like to look into it further and let us know what you think?
https://coinomi.com/AddingSupportForANewCurrency/

Nostr:
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 12:13:05 AM

Fair enough, thanks for helping to fund some development. I believe you donated some to the android dev. Good luck on your future en-devours. Smiley

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:29:13 AM

So as the lights slowly go out on the other cryptocurrency threads, as their miners give up and the networks collapse after the premine dumps, after the exchanges de-list them and bag holders cry out "scam!!," just return to UNO. We're here long term.

"UNO: We'll leave the lights on for ya."  Wink

BlueMan.

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:19:44 AM

Well we need to use sign 18+ or better 21+. No underage personal allowed  Cheesy. Only strong personnel can handle uno... So IMZ no teenagers in Uno realm man Wink Smiley. And definitely our supreme leader admin FK will delete any future ugly stuff Grin Grin Grin Grin

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 02:40:19 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 03:25:11 AM by FallingKnife

We IndiaMikeZulu folk have daughters and wives and female colleagues. We unashamedly love and respect them. We want them to be a part of the crypto phenomenon; but if being a crypto geek in the Unobtanium community means that our teenage daughters have to tolerate Gekko boasting about having his penis sucked by Vietnamese women trying to get a decent education . . . ?

Thanks but no thanks, we’ll find another crypto to develop and HODL.
I also have a daughter. Misogyny is not what being a crypto geek in the Unobtanium community means to me. It's not what being a citizen of the world means to me, yet I encounter it every day on the internets, the facebook, and everywhere else humans congregate. I wish UNO could be different, but I am not surprised that it is a reflection of the world around me. I'm glad Australia is so different. I think I would like to live there.

I have to accept that the term community is broad an encompassing overlapping circles, each person in the UNO community being a circle that includes their own life experience yet overlapping UNO.  I agree with some things, I reject others. We're close here, but we're not a tight lock step group like IMZ that meets behind fully moderated doors (I'm actually very uncomfortable with my public moderator role, although I embance it better now). We agree and we disagree, and then we disagree some more. But we do agree on Unobtanium, even if we don't agree on misogyny.

I don't know how to change the world other than to engage with it as I find it, and hope that I have a more positive influence on it, than the negative influence that it has on me.

I'm really glad to see you back here engaging with us, Mark. You're always welcome.

Nostr:
BlueMan.

Activity: 339

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:42:39 AM

"UNO: We'll leave the lights on for ya."  Wink
these lights are square in form and rare blue.....and never fade away. Power by ancient cosmic source Cool

RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:17:38 AM

Not sure what took place here, but nothing can top what happens in Bitcoin communities, so I suppose if vulgar things can offend someone to stop using an open sourced project, above all, you should also quit using Bitcoin.
IMZ, I would hate to see you leave over something that was 8+ months ago to my knowledge. Seems like maybe more is going on than just Gekko, but not putting any words anywhere.

UNO is solid and nothing has changed about the coin you loved last year, and that's precisely why you still love UNO.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:12:42 PM

lol that made my day
TQ knife

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:53:18 PM

the average (male, white, western) Internet geek/crypto geek has rather poor social skills.

This fact, in conjunction with the reluctance of the open-source ethos to ‘censor’ threads, makes it all too easy for a sociopath to pitch his tent on your patch, where he might even be seen as a sort of cool sayin’-it-like-it-is guy by the community members themselves, while his presence – foul-mouthed, abusive, lying, woman-hating – simultaneously serves as a powerful repellent for anyone who finds their way to your front door, this ANN thread.

I get not wanting to be part of a group who appears to condone those types of behaviors. Education is paramount though, every opportunity in life is a learning experience. Ya see that children, that is why i told you not to do this, or to do that. Unfortunately gekkos personality type of not limited to him and not that rare. Thankfully we are given the ability in our lives to create a 'bubble' in which we live. I sure hope you eventually build what you are hoping for!

lol that made my day
TQ knife

Mine too Smiley

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
Craig Swalby

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/cswalby

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 06:01:58 PM

Makes sense to use the resources we have.  Bitcointalk ANN thread is not the only communication hub for Unobtanium discussion as FK has recently pointed out.  It's possible to escape the orbit of BCT's network effect. 

I thought Gekk's description of the flesh market around him involved college age women?

Nevertheless, setting aside social evils, cultural differences, local color, etc... information is information, ideas are ideas, thoughts are thoughts.           

Still rare, still fair, it's Unobtanium.
Krypto Superdog

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:12:43 AM

We have lift off on the UNO / USD market on C-Cex.

haven't tried it yet, but looks like a pretty easy in/out for USD.  can withdraw through paypal, which is very convenient

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
Zelig

Activity: 317

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:40:02 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 07:30:48 AM by Zelig

Ok guys, let's keep the discussion mature & on track. Generally, petty personal arguments with internet acquaintances are a waste of time. Life is short, please use your time wisely.

A public service announcement brought to you by Natmccoy.

On that note

Happy Friday, UNOverse ~ !

Hope all is well in your UNOverse ~ !

Happy Easter

Z
AKA uMcN

There is no bitcoin, but bitcoin

these lights are square in form and rare blue.....and never fade away. Power by ancient cosmic source Cool
BlueMan

UNO is solid and nothing has changed about the coin you loved last year, and that's precisely why you still love UNO.
RDDRocket

We have lift off on the UNO / USD market on C-Cex.
FK

Specifically 18-25, and not a day older.
Gekko

~ 71 ~
624.2856928 UNO
 uMcNfnrRFXWLdgr4wLkeCd4SBNf91XrMvb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KsxHlJuVBU
July 1, 2011
(Remember your roots)

wheels within wheels within wheels
we're gonna need a bigger wheel ~ UNO

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:37:10 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 08:09:34 AM by Gekko463

You?  You are one of the good ones that don't need to be asked twice.

Thank you for supporting what will certainly bring this price in line with intrinsic value.

My money is where my mouth is.  I will shortly own 1% of all current UNO and a bit more.  Threw down 8 btc already the last few days and that is almost two more BTC of me sitting on the bid at:

0.01172209   Buy   168.49066192   168.49066192   1.97506270

Thank you for your support.

Other hodlers who post a lot: your turn.

Put up or shut up.  A single kilo gets you off the hook if you are UNO poor.  But a beer in most Bars is 2 UNO.  You won't buy the guy that brings us to a Chinese exchange a beer?

I am sitting in a bar in Vietnam now.  You know how many beers 2 UN0 would buy?  14

Pretty sure it is similar in China.  This is a deal.  Pledge you cheap bastards!

I am not sitting in Vietnam nor China right now, and may not always agree with Gekko's delivery method. Notwithstanding those facts, the China project that Gekko has spearheaded is very important to the future growth and success of UNO.

I know that we are decentralised community; however, I would urge everyone to commit at least 1 $UNO to this project to ensure its success.

Thanks to all!

BitCoinCharlie is too modest.

He contributed 10 Uno to the primary translation fund and 22.5 (3 days of anti-gravity) to the bounty.

I am only in for 20 all up.

1 UNO is all it takes to avoid complete and utter shame.

5 raises my eyebrow.

10 makes me not screw with you personally for 6 months, even if you are an idiot.

20 puts my mouth and acid-dipped pen on your side of any argument.

A bit coin gets you a blow job, fully paid by me from one of my sugar babies* in Vietnam.  Plane ticket is on you.

*Sugar babies are bonafide university students currently aged from 22-24.  You might even learn something.  Smart girls making their way in life.

There's the quote that got your panties bunched up IMZ.  May 18th 2015.

Now it's up to you to prove that I ever said I was a pedophile.  I can't prove a negative.

Send the UNO to FK and the next time there's a community initiative I care about, I will ask him to divert those funds to the initiative in both our names.  You need to get your pal BitcoinCharlie to help pay the fine.  He's libeling me as well.  Proof below.
RDDRocket

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:05:33 PM

The only thing I can add here to clarify things is that I remember Gekko's post he quoted, he never did mention anything about underage anything so I don't understand why the underage accusations even arose. All across Asia the average age of consent is 16. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia

Again, not that I understand why something from 1 year ago was brought up again, but I also recall he never mentioned anything underage related about anything.

Now let's keep it UNO-related and not tangent about things that were never actually said in the first place.

This summer, if the price can slump back down to about $2 or less again, I promise I'm throwing such a huge BTC wall up to grab all the UNO there is, you can all sell at $2 and you'll never get UNO again. I'll look to buy 3-5k kilos towards the end of this summer. Let's phase out the weak hands.

UNO should not be able to dip under $10 a kilo by this Christmas season. Mark my words.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:01:40 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2016, 03:30:02 PM by BitcoinNational

Many hands make light work.
We need to know what kind of reality we encounter @ $5/kg.
Do we have the muscle to hold that level of capital and still maintain prices should some potatohead drop a sack.

$5 leaping to $10 likely will be one of the most effective 'advertisements' for new hands to join the ranks.  No different than the leap from $2 to $4 ... but only if the #of strong hands doubles too Wink

My short term goal is LTC:UNO 1:1

re: right NOW!

$2.50 is becoming a very solid floor, I forsee hitting $5 quick then running a $3.50-$6 channel for several months (Q2), and yes thus $5 could be a well built floor by summer, so less than year from now $10 could be the floor, and getting trading into that range before Dec is very likely.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
RDDRocket

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:09:39 PM

I believe if I strategically place a few large buy walls at the right slump the end of this summer/fall for $15-20k of BTC I can hold the price up and allow whomever wants to sell to get out. I'll place walls accordingly at the dip, several BTC for 25 cents higher, and maybe up to $4-6 a piece several BTC buy on that price as well. If a few parties also throw a BTC or two around there with me, we won't be going down again. I just don't see how it could be possible. I've kept too close of track to the supply and where the coins are moving. The most a couple people like IMZ that have 2-4 tons to sell can do is sell into my massive walls. The huge $20-30k movement again will then only climb. No real down dips.
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:15:49 PM

Yeah if you happen to find that just lying in between your couch cushions certainly throw it into Uno  Cheesy Grin Cool. If there were a few people with fairly deep pockets they could make huge waves. I think you would be surprised, and fairly disappointed even, at how fast those walls would erode. How many are holding and looking for an exit? Hard to account for these things but i think if you tossed another zero onto the end there that is the figure we would really want to be looking at. Simple way to think about it, we need at least 250k for each dollar increase in value.

Also don't forget the vultures who will see that wall and see 20-30k in free money sitting there for them to take. This shit is cut fucking throat. Your best of intentions means nothing to the people out there looking to bleed these things dry. You are free to do as you please and all but walls don't do much. I guess that is all part of the allure of it all. Thinking you can reign it in and take control of it. It would sure be nice but i am slightly less than optimistic.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
RDDRocket

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:21:44 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 09:26:18 PM by RDDRocket

Oh no, I'm not exaggerating I'm willing to put a fraction of wealth into UNO and I can spare trading with $15-20k this year. The thing about walls is knowing when to make the move. I've been wrong, and I've been right. But with UNO, I can manage to hold out. I've been holding a load for a couple years and not worrying about price.
Pages: « 1 ... 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 [612] 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: