Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:09:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 [653] 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046662 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 01:32:36 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 01:44:50 PM by FallingKnife

There is no liquidity at the moment because saavy investors realize that someone is willing to sell UNO at below market prices.  

I don't worry because I'm long term, I'm not selling, and I know it can be set back up at a fairer price the moment that we as a community are ready.

As for me, I'm sort of on the side at the moment, waiting to see what occurs with this Halvening event today.  I'm also struggling emotionally to pull the trigger on moving new money into Bitcoin.  And Coinbase shut off my account claiming that I buy too much Bitcoin and demanding that I send them even more documentation, which just rubs me the wrong way. Apparently "high volumes" to Coinbase just ain't what it used to be. And also, I keep hoping we'll hear something about that 15K UNO Cryptsy wallet (I'd love to wrap my new money arond that wallet, if I can). 

If you can score some down the .001's or 002's, more power to you! Harvest that whale.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 01:41:37 PM

I think I can explain that chart.

Are you Whale Enough for $UNO?

Wolong Wasn't
Paul Vernon Wasn't.

Take your best shot.
A whale without patience is just...

sushi

Nostr:
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:47:08 PM

UNO is finally on Coinimi!

back pats all round!
Kingn56

Activity: 559
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:57:44 PM

There is no liquidity at the moment because saavy investors realize that someone is willing to sell UNO at below market prices.  

I don't worry because I'm long term, I'm not selling, and I know it can be set back up at a fairer price the moment that we as a community are ready.

As for me, I'm sort of on the side at the moment, waiting to see what occurs with this Halvening event today.  I'm also struggling emotionally to pull the trigger on moving new money into Bitcoin.  And Coinbase shut off my account claiming that I buy too much Bitcoin and demanding that I send them even more documentation, which just rubs me the wrong way. Apparently "high volumes" to Coinbase just ain't what it used to be. And also, I keep hoping we'll hear something about that 15K UNO Cryptsy wallet (I'd love to wrap my new money arond that wallet, if I can). 

If you can score some down the .001's or 002's, more power to you! Harvest that whale.

Low market liquidity should be expected though eventually with a  rare commodity like uno? No? I mean with bitcoin it could mean problems but with something as rare as unobtanium I can't see why low liquidity would be a bad thing, as eventually in many years I doubt you will see many sales over 5 uno once it gets spread out better.
Blakesss

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:55:00 PM

Seems like some pretty foolish dumping unless someone is trying to break the support in the 3s to get the market moving in a prepump play.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:55:21 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2016, 03:35:01 AM by BitcoinNational

The Halving just 2hrs to go Shocked

BTC 3
UNO 10

---
perspective on this 'extreme illiquidity'

From what i can gather the whale dropped 800kg UN on one exchange.
Yes the other BTC markets reacted, moving down from 0.0035 to 0.0033;
the ALT pairs have remained in balance;
and despite the stabbing on Bittrex;
the price recovered back up to 0.0037;
so call spikes pumps/dumps to sensationalize;
plus with a little investigating (the source and reason) could be found.

800 UN is more than the total inflation for the next year (like maybe 3 years mining output) ... but lets just say 1 year ...
3,600BTC x 365days = 1,314,000BTC

Now take 1.3 million BTC and plunge drop them on just one exchange.

Is that a case of 'extreme illiquidity'?

$860,670,000

How would BTC liquidity handle that?

UNO just cleared that stress test Wink

---

Seems like some pretty foolish dumping unless someone is trying to break the support in the 3s to get the market moving in a prepump play.

i think you're right.
the only reasons i can conceive of are:

a) a foolish trader with fat fingers
b) a foolish whale attempting to manipulate the market

---

Low market liquidity should be expected though eventually with a  rare commodity like uno? No?

BINGO!
Brother you get it Wink
UNO is not attempting to compete for the fiat/crypto liquidity championship.
High volume = hot stuff = you'll get burned if you hold it too long.
UNO went the other direction.  Ice cold.  You hold.
Which means the UNO market is likely to be slow and boring.  
When it does move, it will indicate deeply and sound out long waves.
Right now UNO is such BTC 2010 ... woof Wink
---

Coinimi!

---

i am not wise enough to explain how such a disgusting photo can explain a thing of beauty, but pictures are worth a 1000 words, Knife nailed it!

I think I can explain that chart.

Are you Whale Enough for $UNO?

Wolong Wasn't
Paul Vernon Wasn't.

Take your best shot.
A whale without patience is just...

sushi

The question now.
What falling knife do you HODL!?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 04:34:30 PM

Been away for awhile...

Glad to see all of the action on here!

New faces and old faces. Nice to see you IMZ!

Illiquidity doesn't worry me a bit. This is the long-haul turtle show!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
Kingn56

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:42:19 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 08:06:01 PM by Kingn56

Well after around a month of knowing about Uno I am hovering around 15kg now.  Grin

I have a question for you all though, should i continue to steadily buy 1-2 every couple days or should i slow down my buying and save some of that money for when the 15k coins in court get released or sold etc.. how badly do you think it will affect prices?
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 08:53:37 PM

Well after around a month of knowing about Uno I am hovering around 15kg now.  Grin

I have a question for you all though, should i continue to steadily buy 1-2 every couple days or should i slow down my buying and save some of that money for when the 15k coins in court get released or sold etc.. how badly do you think it will affect prices?
Keep backing up the truck Kingn56!

I'd venture to say that it's going to be a long time until those 15k are released back into the wild, if ever. And when they do, this strong community will be there for an orderly liquidation of the wallet.

FK has a history of how many times an exchange has been robbed and $UNO dumped, whale dumps, etc. It's good reading. Typically, one dump / theft kills a coin. $UNO has easily survived its more than fair share...

The Turtle coin is here to stay and slowly grow over time.

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 10:07:55 PM

If I get my hands on those 15K, they will move to a wallet that starts with uFKFKFK and stay there forever.

We don't know what will happen yet, though. I'll call my contact on Monday who is part of the Cryptsy administration team and see if I can some clarity on that for us.
I hope it comes up for an open bid.

Nostr:
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 12:16:55 AM

Having some reserve of Bitcoin ready to buy in at opportune times is a great strategy. It takes some discipline, and it helps to think of that Bitcoin sorta as 'already' Unobtanium (in the same way that the Bitcoin locked in buy-orders on exchanges is sorta 'already' Uno).

Mark
Kingn56

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:16:33 AM

Having some reserve of Bitcoin ready to buy in at opportune times is a great strategy. It takes some discipline, and it helps to think of that Bitcoin sorta as 'already' Unobtanium (in the same way that the Bitcoin locked in buy-orders on exchanges is sorta 'already' Uno).

Mark

Thank for the suggestions, and thanks very much FK for trying to get info on that for us, what would we do without you? haha

Also Would it maybe be a good idea to keep half your reserve in BTC and half in Cash on an exchange? In the event of bitcoin dropping in price you could quickly purchase a nice amount of btc and catch a nice deal on unobtanium? Or are the bots too fast?
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:52:03 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2016, 04:45:56 AM by BitcoinNational

@Kingn56

You just asked the $Million dollar question Wink

1.  I like the concept of MPA (Market-Pegged Asset) ... thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1538757 ... because holding $ stored on an exchange is tremendously risky.  But keep in mind these MPA coins are still very 'beta' ... and risky themselves.

2.  I like the concept of UNO being a Market-Pegged Asset ... look at the long chart ... UNO is more or less a $2 bill ... it flirts with $3 ... has touched $5 ... the game is finding the floor and betting BTC below ... this week you could have won this lottery Wink

3.  In terms of cash ... get out ... that's my macro advice ... but in reality yes you need some fiat paper ... but really ... at best the ROI is 0.01% ... and the inflation rate is kept in a black box ... if you can ... off set in precious metals or any consumer good ... do it ... second to that is finding solid stock options to park reserves ... but i have a hunch that the stock market is perched on a ledge too!

4.  This is the beautiful part of UNO ... buy into the ALT pairs that trade for UNO ... at the top of the list ... Monero, Peer, Name, Nova, JBS, WBB ... and mucho mas if you are willing to go further down the list.  And yeah offset into the big 3 ... BTC, LTC, Doge ... and general advice is run away from ETH ... the collective opinion in this realm is ... premined, overhyped, forked, trash.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Craig Swalby

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/cswalby

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 04:56:55 AM

Interesting to watch BTC miners dynamic of Profit Margin vs. Market Share develop after halving.

UNO shakeouts confirm "HODL", path to retest old high appears more certain as weak hands have withered.

Still rare, still fair, it's Unobtanium.
Kingn56

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 01:36:57 PM

@Kingn56

You just asked the $Million dollar question Wink

1.  I like the concept of MPA (Market-Pegged Asset) ... thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1538757 ... because holding $ stored on an exchange is tremendously risky.  But keep in mind these MPA coins are still very 'beta' ... and risky themselves.

2.  I like the concept of UNO being a Market-Pegged Asset ... look at the long chart ... UNO is more or less a $2 bill ... it flirts with $3 ... has touched $5 ... the game is finding the floor and betting BTC below ... this week you could have won this lottery Wink

3.  In terms of cash ... get out ... that's my macro advice ... but in reality yes you need some fiat paper ... but really ... at best the ROI is 0.01% ... and the inflation rate is kept in a black box ... if you can ... off set in precious metals or any consumer good ... do it ... second to that is finding solid stock options to park reserves ... but i have a hunch that the stock market is perched on a ledge too!

4.  This is the beautiful part of UNO ... buy into the ALT pairs that trade for UNO ... at the top of the list ... Monero, Peer, Name, Nova, JBS, WBB ... and mucho mas if you are willing to go further down the list.  And yeah offset into the big 3 ... BTC, LTC, Doge ... and general advice is run away from ETH ... the collective opinion in this realm is ... premined, overhyped, forked, trash.

Thank you for the insight. Smiley I hope I can make all my mistakes and learn from them while i am still young and before it is too late! haha
I defiantly am trying to keep a Uno:silver ration of 1 uno to every 0.5oz of silver But i think you are correct in that it would be smart for me to add another egg to the basket such as one of the alts you have mentioned and maybe liquidate a bit more of my fiat. As for the stock market my measly 100$ a week income will have no impact their! hahaha

Also with me being in canada we are already feeling the effects of a downward spiraling CAD dollar hard... Sucks but Eh it'll probably get worse and lead the way down in fiats! SO probably best I get out while i can! LOL

Enjoy your day! Smiley
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 01:41:58 PM

Uno didn't fork for 7% stolen coins in coinex-scam and ate it all of 2014, but learned a lesson; eth attempts to contentious hardfork and destroy their network for only 4%.
So much about integrity.

also welcome back IMZ, good to see you again.  

sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 02:21:02 PM

I am not going to say i called it on ETH, i didn't think it would happen like this, but i didn't think ETH was/is going to be around either. I have been crying scam coin on that shit for a while Tongue

Yeah, those douche bags just needed a couple million up front to get this off the ground and running. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE AND THEIR 'INVESTING'?

When did it become commonplace to invest in things before they were even real? If you believe that shit i have a bridge to sell you. Now if you put in hours of unpaid labor to get your brainchild off the ground and have working prototypes and demos and shit, then maybe? I have a dream and an idea. I just need to hire the people to make it happen, anyone care to give me money to make my dreams come true? Say what?! That part of crypto has always turned me off. You want me to run all the risk funding your venture that you believe so strongly in?! NEXT.

There is no safe haven for your riches. Find the things you enjoy, buy them now. They are only going to cost more money in the future as the buying power of fiat slowly withers, and the returns on investments take a nose dive. We have had a very good couple hundred years by all accounts of history. It only follows logic that we are in store for some hard times in the future. All things are energy, energy travels in waves that have cycles, makes sense that all things in nature are cyclical. Such is the way it has been, and so it shall always be. Diversify.

Uno is like the cockroach of the cryptoworld. Every time someone thinks they take us down we come crawling right back. Like wtf was that turd smuggler krypt richards even trying to say?

Nice to see you poking about IMZ! Cute bebe bird!

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:21:57 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2016, 04:32:12 PM by BitcoinNational

@sirsmokesalot

i giggled, good to see you're still have firepower in the gut Wink

@IMZ

good to see the big birds again Wink
#UNO is and always was Emu friendly!

---
food for thought
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-pound-sterling-bitcoin-prices-unstable-volatile-exchange-referendum-a7129311.html
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-08/how-george-soros-singlehandedly-created-european-refugee-crisis-and-why

---

Just alert got on  .

Vern running out of money or other  thing got so badly ,he want to shutdown that website  n start a new UI website + totally different form cryptsy Cool . I got nothing  support msg  reply ( why they doing this lol )

Camilian

https://bitebi9.com/

dust bites

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:51:21 PM

I am not going to say i called it on ETH, i didn't think it would happen like this, but i didn't think ETH was/is going to be around either. I have been crying scam coin on that shit for a while Tongue

Yeah, those douche bags just needed a couple million up front to get this off the ground and running. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE AND THEIR 'INVESTING'?

When did it become commonplace to invest in things before they were even real? If you believe that shit i have a bridge to sell you. Now if you put in hours of unpaid labor to get your brainchild off the ground and have working prototypes and demos and shit, then maybe? I have a dream and an idea. I just need to hire the people to make it happen, anyone care to give me money to make my dreams come true? Say what?! That part of crypto has always turned me off. You want me to run all the risk funding your venture that you believe so strongly in?! NEXT.

There is no safe haven for your riches. Find the things you enjoy, buy them now. They are only going to cost more money in the future as the buying power of fiat slowly withers, and the returns on investments take a nose dive. We have had a very good couple hundred years by all accounts of history. It only follows logic that we are in store for some hard times in the future. All things are energy, energy travels in waves that have cycles, makes sense that all things in nature are cyclical. Such is the way it has been, and so it shall always be. Diversify.

Uno is like the cockroach of the cryptoworld. Every time someone thinks they take us down we come crawling right back. Like wtf was that turd smuggler krypt richards even trying to say?

Nice to see you poking about IMZ! Cute bebe bird!

dont forget, a lot of 'investors' are investing with other ppls money.

then theres those that have massive fiat holdings and want out, they are willing to invest in almost anything as it only takes one to return massive profits.

we are but minnows
Craig Swalby

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/cswalby

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 05:45:25 PM

Maybe another market for UNO trading in the future -

altcoin exchange

See which coins have been voted to be in the beta: https://rawx.io/poll.html

Beta released! Go to https://beta.rawx.io

mcxNOW was a successful and popular exchange which closed in late 2014 so that a better support system could be implemented. A redesign was also needed to handle the large increase in currencies needed to be a modern exchange.
While the delay has been much longer than anticipated it is finally nearing reality!

A new owner has taken over the site, my name is Julian and I ran SolidCoin24 one of the first successful Bitcoin exchanges in 2011. I have the necessarily motivation, experience and morals to run an exchange, my last site was not hacked and no customer funds were ever lost. Which is one of the main reasons I was able to acquire the mcxNOW technology from Realsolid as this was important to him.

Improvements over mcxNOW
As a lot of people may know one of the main reasons mcxNOW was so quick and efficient was the fact it had a custom C++ coded backend. That brings with it challenges and advantages, it takes more skill to use it effectively, but the upside is customers get a much better experience. I have the necessarily skills to take that C++ codebase forward, along with the frontend knowledge to develop a user friendly website. Since obtaining mcxNOW I have developed a more modern and cleaner frontend that takes better advantage of the power that the backend has and I am implementing the unfinished parts of the backend. But I will make sure to leave some power and customization in there for the advanced users as I am aware they were an important part of the mcxNOW culture!

The new name of the exchange will be RAWX which can be pronounced like "Raw - X" or "rocks", you can see the work in progress as I finish the site here :- https://rawx.io

Follow the progress
There is already some screenshots and an FAQ section on the page to give you an impression what it will look like. I also put some at the end of this post.
Additionally, you can sign up for a newsletter in case you want to be informed as soon as there is something new (especially a release date).
You can also join the #RAWX IRC channel on freenode.

mcxFEE
Old mcxNOW users might be aware of mcxFEEs. They were an on-exchange currency and allowed users to participate in the fees generated by the exchange. mcxFEE holders will be pleased to hear that their fees will be converted 1:1 to RAWX fees called rawxFEE. The total amount of rawxFEEs will still be 100,000.

I know that Realsolid had his own "style" in running an exchange, and that many people found that style offensive and unprofessional. I have a very different style and will hopefully be able to draw back in anyone who was affected by that.

Demo videos

During the development process I will keep adding short videos to show you the state of the backend.

http://rawx.io/videos.html

Preview screens (not final)

Still rare, still fair, it's Unobtanium.
Pages: « 1 ... 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 [653] 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: