Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:03:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 [659] 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046656 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kingn56

Activity: 559
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:20:03 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2016, 04:46:44 AM by Kingn56

On January 29, 2016, UNO had a marketcap of just $229,000, before exploding on March 14 for $1.3m.

I'm not telling you UNO is cheap, but UNO is getting damn cheap.

Indeed, I have went from 15 to 30 uno in half the time it took me to get from 0 to 15 uno, loving the prices. Smiley
If they continue to drop, cool i'll grab some more, If not, cool, I'll grab a bit less. Cheesy

If i manage to hit 100 this year I'll be extremely happy as that means a MAXIMUM of 2000 people on earth will ever be able to hold as much as i do. Cheesy #Longevity #HODL #FUCKLIQUIDITY

EDIT: ALSO, Great news on the cryptsy coins, looks like now would be a good time for everyone to start setting a bit of money aside weekly/monthly incase they go to auction. Smiley
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:55:53 AM

It seems like while people are unsure of which direction UNO is heading, they are waiting on the sidelines and buying/selling Prototanium, market is fairly active this week.

lulzy, Prototanium is actually still around? IMZ is back posting here as well.

Morning, Shinhai! Well, I'm just passing through. Wanna see if things have changed.

@ King: 'FUCKLIQUIDITY'? So, no merchants? no 'currency function'? no price discovery? Yeh . . . I just passed through.

Mark
BlueMan.

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 07:20:43 AM

It seems like while people are unsure of which direction UNO is heading, they are waiting on the sidelines and buying/selling Prototanium, market is fairly active this week.

lulzy, Prototanium is actually still around? IMZ is back posting here as well.

Morning, Shinhai! Well, I'm just passing through. Wanna see if things have changed.

@ King: 'FUCKLIQUIDITY'? So, no merchants? no 'currency function'? no price discovery? Yeh . . . I just passed through.

Mark

@Marky are you really  think buying some tomatoes with uno in grocery store is good for  LIQUIDITY? Plus I think is not made for this kind of merchants. It is a special rare crypto for special big platforms/IDEAS. You need to have option to obtain something special with Uno and to demand uno for that. For now is collectible demand. Not just wanted, but wanted cheap. I do not think is possible more than current low obtain level...but we see. Yes better to think big or noting. No grocery stuff potatoes, pizza for 10,000....so kind think King is right. Un is material for longtimers. If you are not confident and just passed through do not bother yourself bro.

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:16:12 AM

If i manage to hit 100 this year I'll be extremely happy as that means a MAXIMUM of 2000 people on earth will ever be able to hold as much as i do. Cheesy #Longevity #HODL #FUCKLIQUIDITY

Admirable brevity, in just 2 lines you have summarised why Unobtanium will never be anything more than it is today.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:16:31 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2016, 11:41:53 AM by BitcoinNational

So, no merchants? no 'currency function'? no price discovery? Yeh . . . I just passed through.
Mark

@Mark
No coin ... NO COIN ... besides BTC has passed the bar of 'currency function for merchants' ... and everyone tried ... merchants need deep liquidity attached to fiat ... so they can keep passing fiat thru 'the banks' and keep fiat credit lines open.  

No coin ... NO COIN ... has provided them the credit functionalities bankers offer ... but that feature comes with a pound of flesh if they enter into insolvency.  Crypto has yet to flip that table.

@all
What it [Crypto] has provided is a new ledger ... which was an exclusive functionality of State issued privileges.  Monopoly money.  See the ParkerBros.TM rules, all you need is paper to write more notes, there is no formal limit.

Now check rollback of #2 ETH blockchain, or the sudden appearance of $330M backing #3 BTS ventures which included BANX not so long ago.  If you want to hold a balloon crypto has been launching them since 2013, yes they float up but only for the lucky insiders.  For most of the top10 they arrived in a DASH, of trash cash.  

#Longevity #HODL #FUCKLIQUIDITY

Admirable brevity, yes.  Because a non-permissionable chain is saying #FUCKLIQUIDITY if the necessitates holding btc (inflating @ $1M/day) or ETH (inflating @ 2 chainsFORKS/day) or other ICO trash, or last but not least fiat (anyone got the numbers on their helicopter policies?).  

Give me the lead balloon.  The one that tested it's critical mass, cycle after cycle, density that lacks gravity.

edit: notice the price of BTC in the recent week? ... $666.666 ... awkward ... or just silly thinking
Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 12:25:56 PM

UNO needs to get to a place of better liquidity.  In its current use, it is a low inflation store of value that in crypto-terms has been incredibly stable around the $2/Uno mark for years.

As a Sha256 merged mined blockchain, UNO holds possibilities for uses demanding an open ledger with strong sidechain potential.

I'm glad we do have merchants accepting UNO. I would like to see it easier for those who accept valuable UNO for valuable products and services to be able to easily convert that value to another form, if that is what they want to do. That would help build confidence in UNO for new merchants and traders. We are presently in a moment of low liquidity, which will imo will pass.

While 1000's of other cryptocurrencies have already bloomed and died under scam accusations, it's nearly 3 years now and UNO is still here.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
shinohai

Activity: 267
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 12:32:42 PM

Admirable brevity, in just 2 lines you have summarised why Unobtanium will never be anything more than it is today.

This was funny  Cheesy

@ IMZ good to see you at any rate though this is the same cancer thread as before.  Cheesy

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 12:38:18 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2016, 09:03:57 AM by BitcoinNational

@i_agree

problem is i've found no counter party, except UNO community.

"While 1000's of other cryptocurrencies have already bloomed and died under scam accusations, it's nearly 3 years now and UNO is still here. "

99.999% sham/scam or failed to have a plan.

Do you want a visionary store of value?
or do you want the next pump?

---
KEY POINT

the fiat/crypto gateway is a suicide squeeze.
the solution is a stability within crypto2crypto exchange ecosystem, let BTC, LTC, Doge, Monero be the fiat front gate, that is not #UNOs bailiwick.
https://cryptolization.com/unobtanium
UNO is the counter to BTC Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Kingn56

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:51:06 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2016, 06:59:45 PM by Kingn56

Can you explain to me why it needs to be anything more then it is today? It has every aspect necessary to be a great and rare commodity crypto, Liquidity is not really a problem, after all we do have the ability to convert wallets into grams instead of KGs. Just because it has low liquidity does not mean that people are not willing to sell and buy certain things with uno, but no it's not for buying a pizza with, it is something set up for the longterm for eventually buying a mona lisa, a Yacht, a 4 story mansion, that is the difference between UNO and BTC, LTC MONERO etc...

Nonetheless I am glad i kick started a conversation LOL.

All we really need is more adoption, if a few hundred people found out about the coins, for example are family and friends, they all purchase 5 or 10, that is what we need, more top 1000 address's.

For someone to get angry or abandon the UNO community as a whole for the opinions of one or two men on a PUBLIC forum meant to discuss this kind of thing would be quite sad and childish on your part.

@IMZ you consider gekko to be the old miserable man but i am starting to think it is you.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 02:02:02 AM

Please do excuse me further posts. My position is up over at the off-topic thread.
Kingn56

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 04:30:59 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2016, 05:10:03 AM by Kingn56

Please do excuse me further posts. My position is up over at the off-topic thread.

LMFAOOO, his post was quite possibly the funniest thing I've read to date on bitcointalk.

Congratulations on becoming a hater.

You seem to not comprehend that the majority of us do not panic when prices go lower, we see it as an opportunity to accumulate even more UNO, which is something i can only say for a couple of other coins and your theory on the price only staying at what it is because BTC went higher is also completely flawed. the UNO-BTC ratio generally moves up or down depending on the price of btc, if btc randomly lost 400$ in value UNO would shoot way up in BTC price, but stay relatively the same in UNO-USD price as we have seen many times.

If i live for another 10 years, I expect at a minimum if prices don't increase above 5$ per uno to gather at-least 10tons of uno, That's without me getting a job, I could easily see myself trying to gather upward of 100,000 Uno if i had a well paying job, and I am DAMN sure not the only one with this mentality.
tertius993

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 06:19:59 AM

Can you explain to me why it needs to be anything more then it is today? It has every aspect necessary to be a great and rare commodity crypto, Liquidity is not really a problem, after all we do have the ability to convert wallets into grams instead of KGs. Just because it has low liquidity does not mean that people are not willing to sell and buy certain things with uno, but no it's not for buying a pizza with, it is something set up for the longterm for eventually buying a mona lisa, a Yacht, a 4 story mansion, that is the difference between UNO and BTC, LTC MONERO etc...

All we really need is more adoption, if a few hundred people found out about the coins, for example are family and friends, they all purchase 5 or 10, that is what we need, more top 1000 address's.

For someone to get angry or abandon the UNO community as a whole for the opinions of one or two men on a PUBLIC forum meant to discuss this kind of thing would be quite sad and childish on your part.

@IMZ you consider gekko to be the old miserable man but i am starting to think it is you.

Of course it doesn't need to be anything more, but you and others are clearly expecting it to be.  I have highlighted the points where you have set out some of those expectations in just this one post.

None of those things will happen in my view, without liquidity, without a vastly greater market cap and won't happen with a situation where a handful of people control the majority of the market. In short I don't think it will happen for UNO at all, the fundamentals are just wrong.
BlueMan.

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 08:41:15 AM

Of course it doesn't need to be anything more, but you and others are clearly expecting it to be.  I have highlighted the points where you have set out some of those expectations in just this one post.

None of those things will happen in my view, without liquidity, without a vastly greater market cap and won't happen with a situation where a handful of people control the majority of the market. In short I don't think it will happen for UNO at all, the fundamentals are just wrong.

You got to be kidding me right? Anny crypto out there is move because of  people who own and control the majority of the market! Well they maybe not in control now , but they was the engine. Bitcoin is where it is now- because of big whales/investors who make things happen on first place . And got to tell ya that obtaining btc back there was extremely unfair because not everybody know crypto exist or what it is and what can crypto possibly do. There are TITANS in BTC world much much bigger than mr. btc Jesus who manage and made things happened and these FRUTS come from those people bro..... not from random souls who got no money even for cigarettes.
People who only talk in this forums and do nothing.....-not just in the forums but out there in the realm never will be the engines for change bro. Actions are needed not words! And you better know that successful people in life with resource can back everything specially in the crypto world!

tertius993

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:59:53 AM

You got to be kidding me right? Anny crypto out there is move because of  people who own and control the majority of the market! Well they maybe not in control now , but they was the engine. Bitcoin is where it is now- because of big whales/investors who make things happen on first place . And got to tell ya that obtaining btc back there was extremely unfair because not everybody know crypto exist or what it is and what can crypto possibly do. There are TITANS in BTC world much much bigger than mr. btc Jesus who manage and made things happened and these FRUTS come from those people bro..... not from random souls who got no money even for cigarettes.
People who only talk in this forums and do nothing.....-not just in the forums but out there in the realm never will be the engines for change bro. Actions are needed not words! And you better know that successful people in life with resource can back everything specially in the crypto world!

I will try to reply though I suspect it is a waste of my time.

Firstly you seem to assume that I am expecting other crypto-currencies to become some immense power, replacing the current financial systems, well, I am afraid I do not.  I think crypto is a fascinating technology, which will have a place in the future but I do not think it is going to replace fiat currency in my or my children's lifetime.

Secondly you may well be right about the past for Bitcoin, but that is not the situation TODAY, and the situation TODAY is what faces Unobtanium.  Today there is little to no reason to use Uno over BTC in any real-world scenario.  Indeed it is practically impossible to use Uno without also using BTC.

There may well be large players in the BTC space, but proportionate to the market cap they are actually quite small; moreover, the market cap itself is a protection against such activities, just consider the financial cost of controlling 1% of BTC with controlling 1% of Uno: $100 million vs $3,300.

Thirdly what does having "no money even for cigarettes" have to do with anything?

Fourthly, I agree actions speak louder than words, but in the case of Uno - particularly without an engaged developer, I see little to no actual action.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 02:06:47 PM

Hi Mark, I always appreciate learning what you are thinking.

For those that didn't know, in the OP there is a link to the "Uno Off topic" unmoderated thread where we can take things we want to talk about that don't quite fit in here on the moderated thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881433.msg15677713#msg15677713

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Kingn56

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 02:43:36 PM

Brother Blueman, First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Haters and people with a negative attitude will always find something to hate on, it's like debating with an atheist about religion no matter what you say they will simply ignore it cause they believe they are right regardless. It's in our best interest to just ignore them and let the market prove them wrong, They can't seem o comprehend that UNO is different from all other alt coins.
RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 08:22:21 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2016, 08:44:43 PM by RDDRocket

It is unfortunate that in-fighting and argument is taking place, but alas, it's what happens on the internet.

I will say, regardless of whether you have given up on Unobtanium or even cryptocurrencies as a whole, the blockchain is still running and the coin still works fine.

Kind of like how Bitcoin "died" 50-100 times, however many news articles came out saying it died due to a wild price swing. Oh well. Yes, it's very well true that UNO especially in satoshi pricing has dropped around 70-80% in the past year or so. And? Again, the coin still works. There are hundreds of coins, and at this moment, everyone is jumping on those top 50 coins it seems. And so be it. Still changes nothing about how Unobtanium works, how the fundamentals do in fact still hold rock solid and work to this day. The very low inflation. Tons of people get in coins early and hoard up a supply and that is also needed, like liquidity, for a healthy coin. Believe it or not. Even if a fellow owns 2-3% of this coin around here when the price rises those coins will naturally disburse to other giddy buyers. That's how it works.

My intent was not to come here and even argue with a soul. The opposite. Stating how it works, and if all you want to do is come here and poke holes, why not dump your coins and move on?

King may be new around here but I saw many things he mentioned worthwhile. Historically, when a coin gets into a slump, and infighting starts, the coin makes moves. I'm not saying one of you is FUDing to buy deep and wide, but it is strangely convenient.

I've never seen Tertius do anything but come here and poke at quotes. Never contributed anything to a conversation but negativity from what I've seen. He likes to be bitter, interject and FUD.

FUD away.

I've stated it before and it's very apparent many top holders have the same feeling.

I'm holding a stack, several others, and we aren't worried or selling because of a downtrend. I don't care if, theoretically, I'm sitting on a thousand of them and the price goes back down to .00001 and my whole pile is worth $10. That money is gone. It's long term risk. Anyone that can read a chart and see historical charts for UNO, knows a few dollars makes the coin dance. Intelligent minds looking for a solid low-almost-no-inflation blockchain will catch on. Doubt if you will.

Hope everyone is doing well. Good to see some of you even if you've gone and given up hope.  

EDIT: See this here for one short minute to understand what Tertius is all about. A sad soul that jumps into running conversations to interject negativity and seemingly believes he's witty and useful for doing it. Your entire Bitcointalk profile is 600 posts of bitter loner.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=215575;sa=showPosts

And please remember. Some of these members throughout this forum are plants. Some people want to see projects fail. Some are paid to do so. Some people just want to watch the world burn. Yet, cryptography still works. This blockchain still rolls on. Mere words do not deter. The tech can speak for itself. Bitcoin actually was fairly dormant the first few years before it took off and got noticed, of course you all knew this.

Take care.
Kingn56

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:32:27 PM

It is unfortunate that in-fighting and argument is taking place, but alas, it's what happens on the internet.

EDIT: See this here for one short minute to understand what Tertius is all about. A sad soul that jumps into running conversations to interject negativity and seemingly believes he's witty and useful for doing it. Your entire Bitcointalk profile is 600 posts of bitter loner.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=215575;sa=showPosts

And please remember. Some of these members throughout this forum are plants. Some people want to see projects fail. Some are paid to do so. Some people just want to watch the world burn. Yet, cryptography still works. This blockchain still rolls on. Mere words do not deter. The tech can speak for itself. Bitcoin actually was fairly dormant the first few years before it took off and got noticed, of course you all knew this.

Take care.
Lmao, Why do i not find this surprising, I went through about a hundred of his comments and every single one was negative and towards random communities he does not seem to interact with on a regular basis. I wonder if you are correct in that he may be paid to spew negativity, if not then i hope he finds his way in life as that type of negativity is not good for the heart or mind.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:01:14 AM

'Hope everyone is doing well.' 

Morning, RDD! Thanks for asking.

Dang you've been a member of this community for a long time! Lovely to hear your typically polite and cool-headed observations.

[Magnificent winter morning here. Felicity Emu is scoffing up her wheat out by the lilly pilly tree.]

Mark
BlueMan.

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:28:37 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 06:49:07 AM by BlueMan.

Mark i have no idea man what's your point in case you are done with uno? why come back here bro? Are you done or not?  Smiley If you are not done -then you are here for Uno. Because Uno is all that matters here. If not i collecting weak hands uno's. But in cheap buying mode like all my uno brothers here. cheap prices is ok. I do not want to rise price now. Actualy i kind enjoy cheap uno. If you wanna exit your ton i want cheep Un. I personaly want to see how deep this blue baby can go. BTW in that vein i salut all Unobtanium Brothers with the song HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE Cheesy ....the blue love.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EgqUJOudrcM

Pages: « 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 [659] 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: