Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:15:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER - miners using GEN3 ASICMINER chips  (Read 52741 times)
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:55:49 AM

just to make it public knowledge i have given some shit with rock xie via PM and the buy back figure they are looking at is 0.001, one 10th of the IPO price........ anyone else felling ripped off?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:59:11 AM

just to make it public knowledge i have given some shit with rock xie via PM and the buy back figure they are looking at is 0.001, one 10th of the IPO price........ anyone else felling ripped off?

rofl source?

ps: 0,001 is 1/100th IPO price
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:01:36 AM

Quote from: elasticband on Today at 08:11:28 AM
i own around  XXXX shares of rockminer, at one point worth XXXBTC now worth about XXBTC at current market prices!!!

I want RID of my part in this failing company. what price will you offer me for a buy back of XXXX full shares?

Hi, I am very sorry for the failed business operated now, but company are lack of capital, it's hard time for us to buy back those shares.
We asked for some people ,they agree with the price of 0.01 per share, namely XX BTC for total XXXX shares.
Hope our ROCKMiner can grow up some day.
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:02:37 AM

rofl source?

I am talking havelock 100th of a shares. full share buy back = 0.01

edit: i ahve told them they are as good as a scam, lording it up flying around the world to london BTC confrence, even though they are not producing miners. Idiots.....
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:05:06 AM

ouch.   Undecided
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:09:21 AM

rock xie, you and your team have done absolutely nothing to try and hold or create value for this company, infact you have just side lined it and are working for AM again? AM paying your wages? or still living from shareholders investments?
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:19:06 AM

I can't comprehend how they failed so badly. Where did the money go?

Even though AM/RM like to blame their failures on market conditions, I think they are both the cause of their own demise. I'm sure they both would have been relatively successful without the halfassed marketing/PR.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 02:56:10 PM

Even though AM/RM like to blame their failures on market conditions, I think they are both the cause of their own demise. I'm sure they both would have been relatively successful without the halfassed marketing/PR.

Amazing how both RM and AM can loose money non stop..seems a bit off to me. I am sure they got the chips at or around cost and yet still can not make a profit?
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:21:33 PM

Amazing how both RM and AM can loose money non stop..seems a bit off to me. I am sure they got the chips at or around cost and yet still can not make a profit?

Chinese Qualitat?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:31:32 PM

Chinese Qualitat?

Chinese way of doing business.

Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 04:36:49 PM

rofl source?

edit: i ahve told them they are as good as a scam, lording it up flying around the world to london BTC confrence, even though they are not producing miners. Idiots.....

If this is true, then this has been absolutely terrible for investors.

As an IPO investor, I'm pissed off.

ASICMiner, Rockminer, the whole 'team' of these people are fucking awful.

No wonder they fail, their public relations and communications are atrocious.
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:15:47 PM

It does not mean they are going to do a buy back, but it did say in the recent update to save investors from more loss this could be considered.
I Pm'ed to suggest i would like out and what would the buy back offering for me at that time at which they replied with that quote of 0.01/0.0001.

Hopefully something changes and they can put what funds they have to good use.... maybe rockxie can comment on future plans?
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:43:50 PM

It does not mean they are going to do a buy back, but it did say in the recent update to save investors from more loss this could be considered.
I Pm'ed to suggest i would like out and what would the buy back offering for me at that time at which they replied with that quote of 0.01/0.0001.

Hopefully something changes and they can put what funds they have to good use.... maybe rockxie can comment on future plans?

i'd love this. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632947.msg9752070#msg9752070)

times are hard. deadly winter ahead.
rockminerSCAM

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:01:28 PM

ROCKMINER IPO

Introduction:
ROCKMINER is committed to the miner design, produce, sale and mining operation of bitcoin and other crypto currencies. In early stage, we will purchase the third generation chips of ASICMINER to design and produce miners. In the follow-up stage, we plan to enter related industrial chain of crypto currencies. Rock Xie, the co-founder of ROCKMINER, is one of the earliest Bitcoin investors, well-known novel writer, the board member of ASICMINER, and the General Agent of ASICMINER in Asia-Pacific. In November 2013, the team of ROCKMINER is founded with members who have rich experiences in software and hardware R&D, production and sale.

Share Structure:
Total: 75,000 shares
Public Offering: 15,000 shares
IPO Price: 0.1BTC~0.15BTC/share (Favorable Price for the 1st week: 0.10BTC/share)

Dividend:
Initial dividend: depends on the chips delivery date of ASCMINER ,in May around.
Total Amount of Dividend: the profit after deducting the profits retained within ROCKMINER.
Time and Frequency for Dividend: Dividends will be paid out on Wednesday every two weeks.

Share Exchange:
After completion of the offering, shares can be exchanged after 15 days. ROCKMINER will develop independently or through cooperation with a third party trading platform on which shares can be exchanged freely.

Duration for the IPO:
IPO Starting Time: 12:00, March 26, 2014(Beijing Time, GMT+8)
IPO Closing Time: 12:00, April 4, 2014(Beijing Time, GMT+8)

If 15,000 shares are sold out before the deadline, the IPO will be brought to an early end. The IPO progress will be released and can be inquired via ROCKMINER official website (ROCKMINER.com). If less than 10,000 shares are obtained by the deadline, the IPO will be deemed as failure. The 100% purchasing amount will be returned to the investor’s wallet address.

Why ROCKMINER Raise funds via IPO?
1. To scale up production, reduce cost, and improve competitiveness;
2. To increase company brand awareness and influence in Bitcoin community;
3. To encourage Bitcoin experts and community thought leaders to be a board member for company decision, making reference and resources integration.

Why Purchase ROCKMINER Shares?
1. High Competitiveness of Chips. ROCKMINER will adopt the third generation chips of ASICMINER to design and produce Bitcoin miners. With the advantage of power consumption and cost, the chip is highly competitive in the market.

2. Credibility Guaranteed. Our co-founder Rock Xie, also one of the main executives and investors, has high reputation and credibility in Bitcoin industries in China and abroad. His professional competence and community influence provide actual endorsement for the IPO.

3. Technology Guaranteed. Our technical team members are Ph.D or Master with good education backgrounds in engineering. The team members have 10+ years’ rich experience in product development of electronics and large scale mining farms deployment. Our CEO Rock Xie is the Board member of ASICMINER, the previous General Agent of ASICMINER in Asia-Pacific and has very good cooperation with ASICMINER company, who will provide strong technical support for the production of ROCKMINER machines.

4. Sales Guaranteed. Our CEO Rock Xie has built wise marketing and selling network while he is the General Agent of ROCKMINER. The wide brand awareness and sales channel of ROCKMINER have already been built early this year. The estimated sales volume of this year will be 10P+.

5. High Profit Potential. Based on the advantages in chip, credibility, technology and sales, ROCKMINER will have high profit potential in 2014 and thereafter.

Share Purchase Restriction Policies and Preferential Policies?
1. Minimum amount per purchase: 100 shares

2. Standard Price: 0.15BTC/Share. Preferential Price will be provided in the first week of share raising. Preferential Price: 0.1BTC/Share. Purchase price will be restored to Standard Price from the second week of share raising.

3. The number of Board Members will be no more than five. The subscriber with the purchase amount of 2,000 and above 2,000 shares will be eligible for a Board member. If the amount of subscribers with the purchase amount of 2,000 and above 2,000 shares is more than five, the top five subscribers with the most purchase amount will be eligible for the Board Members.

4. The subscriber with the purchase amount of 500 and above 500 shares will be eligible for a Special Shareholder.If the Board Members are less than five,the rest Board Member seats will be supplemented by Special Shareholders who are recommended inside.

5. The official website (rockminer.com) is the only official designated platform for the public offerings. The purchase web link will be released recently on the official website.

Share Lock-up Period?
1. Before a public exchange platform is offered, the project shares can only be traded privately.

2. Public offered shares can only be exchanged after 15 days as from ending date of this fund raising.

3. Shares retained by the ROCKMINER shall not be offered to the public within 12 months as from ending date of this fund raising.

The Usage of Raised Funds?
The funds raised from the public offering will be used for the production and sales of machines, including procurement of chips and components (especially the components with insufficient inventory or long lead time).

necessary for production expansion, mining farm construction, marketing, and daily operation expenses of the company.

Special Note:
1.In consideration of the special nature of Bitcoin industry, we do not recommend any investors without fundamental knowledge or investment experience to participate in this investment.

2.To protect your interest, please read the introduction of buying process and safety statement on official website (rockminer.com).

Sincerely,
ROCKMINER Team

quoted for scamming
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:07:55 AM

So this company is  a rip off and not worth going to for mining equipment as just come across their site and seen some attractive prices but this thread gives me a headache so unsure to buy as very mixed vibes. Anyone bought from them on here and awaiting products.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:52:51 AM

So this company is  a rip off and not worth going to for mining equipment as just come across their site and seen some attractive prices but this thread gives me a headache so unsure to buy as very mixed vibes. Anyone bought from them on here and awaiting products.

As far as I can tell, the hardware customers have been quite happy. The shareholders? Not so much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wang_yan

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:27:58 AM

Seen Asicminers in local Bitcoin conferences, never saw RM.

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 06:28:50 AM

3. Dividends Plan
Given the fact of the non-ideal situation of company’s profitability, Rockminer will
save money for future development. However, if no improvements happen in the near
future, we won’t rule out the possibility to redeem our stocks at a fixed price, in order
to lower the loss of our investors.

This is almost laughable.... buy back now for fifth of the value...... great job rockxie!

So basically you and your team have sat on your ass for the last three months and lost the company 4/5s of its value......

how is that possible?  you should have sold 3 months ago...

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 06:29:56 AM

i only saw them in HK presenting
rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:50:06 AM

1. The latest financial report:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B19Fg5c2mNTycWxvVDlITlRBRGs/view

This is almost laughable.... buy back now for fifth of the value...... great job rockxie!

So basically you and your team have sat on your ass for the last three months and lost the company 4/5s of its value......

We produced R-BOX, NEW RBOX ,R3/4 and T1-BOX in past months, we tried do all the good things for company.

There are several main reasons for losing money:

1) We lost lots of money by accepting and keeping BTC.RM accepted BTC on our oversea marketing ,but price went down soon,we didn't sell them when the price of BTC was going down from 500+ to 330+.

2) The price of bitcoin going down also cut down the profits of miners.

3)In the end of November, we sold miners on price which is lower than cost for cleaning out stock.
   We have to sell out the miners as soon as possible,if we don’t do this,we would lose more money since the difficulty went up and up and competitors's  new miners were out.

1)+2)+3) ate all margins from producing hardware!

We never got any hidden benefits transferring from AM, we bought chips from AM at the same price as other rig producers.

We didn't attend the London conference, we just asked our partner to take our booth to exhibit our products,and this cost little fee(don’t need pay for travelling and hotels). However we did attend the Las Vegas conference to find projects, promoting our products, and talk with our customers and investors for potential opportunities of commercial cooperations.

We lost nearly $137,000 by the quit of two testing mining farms. Price of  BTC keeps going down, electricity price of which is 15cents, considering the power consumption, mining more means losing more, so we have to quit.(Even you don’t mine,you also need to pay $7500 for rental and minimum electricity fee.)

And we lost a lots for the reason released on point 1.

3. Dividends Plan
Given the fact of the non-ideal situation of company’s profitability, Rockminer will
save money for future development. However, if no improvements happen in the near
future, we won’t rule out the possibility to redeem our stocks at a fixed price, in order
to lower the loss of our investors.

We don't produce chips and we think it is not profitable for us to continue to produce miners, the more you produce,the more you lose.So we decided stop production in coming days temporally ,this not means we are quit of our "Mining For Everyone” plan. We are waiting for the right time to restart producing miners.

We still wanna operate company to pass though WINTER, and turn over in next year.
You asked us that you wanna  RM buy back those shares, I just told u there were someone can buy your shares at this price, not ROCKMINER buying back.

rock xie, you and your team have done absolutely nothing to try and hold or create value for this company, infact you have just side lined it and are working for AM again? AM paying your wages? or still living from shareholders investments?

We do cooperate with AM now, and we don't refuse anyone to make cooperation if there was a chance. Because this can make profits for RM too.

Chinese Qualitat?

Chinese way of doing business.

We haven’t done well until now,that is not our original purpose for starting this company. However, I have to refuse those words like "Chinese way " or "scam", and have to say" ROCKMINER is not dead" but trying to survive now.

We apologize for the poor PR in past 1-2 months, but we are changing now. I don't think say "F" words can help yourself or company get profits.

We attended lots of local conferences in past months because of low costs in domestic traveling.

well, i thought it was heat causing one or 3 of the chips to fail, hence what looked like 80GHs over the 110GHs, it was that, that was causing the high error rate and low hashing.

but having it run on BFGMiner and watching them hash on it, 3/4 of them couldn't do any better then 50% erring, and they never could do any better then 7.6GHs each.

(pool side with it was only doing 30GHs)

Anyone of you can contact us for products problem, we will find way to solve it, we have distribution center in EU and US.If you got feedback in 12 hours , pls contact us for one more time, there was only one person handling the selling,delivering and customers supports in oversea.

12. What's our plan?

1) Current running projects. We are deeply cooperating with AM now, more news will come out soon.
2) Future plan.Building farms for other investors who need electricity and space, we have the electricity and other infos.Building cloud mining brand.
3) Doing OEM and ODM on small miners like RBOX, less investment and less risk.
4) Looking for new profitable opportunities for RM.
etc.

Please move to our another official thread to keep communicating .https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632947.new#new
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: