Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:45:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506541 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:03:54 PM

Just got my latest order, 2 more gridseeds.  They didn't come with power pigtails, but I figured I'd plug them in to my powered USB hub and see what happened.  cgminer-3-7-2-gridseed detected them automatically and they started hashing away.   cgminer detected them, but they show 0 WU after 10 minutes.  The green lights blink, but no red lights like on my working units. The fans aren't running, but I'm told that doesn't matter in scrypt only mode.

Do these no longer ship with power pigtails?  Is it official that it's safe to run them in scrypt only mode without the fans?
They still need external power even with a powered usb hub. It will show up in cgminer but it's not hashing. Gaw sells power adaptors and cables. For just two miners you could get a couple of cheap 12V 1A adaptors from ebay like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/271442451746?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
I wouldn't get those specific ones:  "Output: DC 12V, 1000mA. (Recommend the use of current is less than 1A, otherwise easily damaged)".

If say only 0.5A is safe on those, that's 6W.  Get a 12V adapter with at least 2-3 amps available I'd say.
I'm not an expert, but if the gridseed needs .5A then it doesn't matter if the PSU is 1,2 or 3 Amps, the gridseed will pull what is needed not more. With the fan on if I remember when I got my first gridseed it was just under 10 watts which is why I suggested the 1 amp. Again I could be wrong, but for a single gridseed I think 1000mA is enough. Gaw sells them (or used to) so safest bet would just to buy from them if in doubt  Wink

GAW no longer provides power connectors with gridseed pods, and it is correct that single pod needs no more than 10 watt when in scrypt only mode (typically 7-8W with fan, 6-7W without, with VMOD1 and disconnected fan it draws ~9W @ 950 MHz, 9W = 12V * 0.75A).  I run multiple gridseeds off brick style power supplies with splitters, 8 off 8A brick and 4 off 5A brick (should be able to do 6, it's just that I got bunch of 1 to 4 splitters) in either case brick is warm to the touch, not hot, and gridseeds are happy.

One amp PSU will NOT power two gridseeds (I tried Wink).

Search eBay/Amazon/meritline/dealextreme etc for 12V CCTV splitters (you need 2.1mm diameter barrel connector), eBay/meritline/dealxtreme route is cheaper than anything else.  There are 1 to 4 splitters available for around $3, and 1 to 8 for $5, oftentimes with free shipping and even for less if you are willing to wait for delivery from China.  Also on ebay I saw bundles ob brick PSUs and splitters.
I'm using almost the identical setup you are using  Grin
I was saying for two miners he could buy two 1A adapters, not just the one. But yes if getting more than two miners the cctv splitters are a much better option.

WheresWaldo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:53:20 PM

Some unreasonable demands in here...last time I checked, Newegg doesn't email you when a price special goes away. Why would they be required to notify you of an expiring deal?

That is true.

Newegg does email you out when the deals are available

That is not what matters, what matters is newegg picks up the phone when you call.

They also respond to emails.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8990

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 07:28:02 PM

Some unreasonable demands in here...last time I checked, Newegg doesn't email you when a price special goes away. Why would they be required to notify you of an expiring deal?

Newegg has clearly stated expiration times on their promotions. They also sell items they actually have in stock and deliver >95% on time. Would you like to pick another example?
volder

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:42:49 PM

@GAW - Love the new hosted update. It's great to have more than 2 pools now. I noticed that we lost the ability to re-arrange pool priority. Is this feature coming back?

Regular Guy™
chongl

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:21:14 PM

Newegg has clearly stated expiration times on their promotions. They also sell items they actually have in stock and deliver >95% on time. Would you like to pick another example?

The shell shocker deals have expiration times, but not price drops. Why do you think deals get marked dead on Slickdeals? Most of those never have any indication of when the promotion will end. I do not see how this is the vendor's problem that you were not able to get in on a deal.

It's unfortunate that you are not getting a response though. In my personal experience, all 3 of my orders I had were delivered ahead of schedule and all my email inquiries were addressed with a 24 hour turnaround time, max.
Forcecast

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:25:02 PM

@GAW - Love the new hosted update. It's great to have more than 2 pools now. I noticed that we lost the ability to re-arrange pool priority. Is this feature coming back?

You can do this already but manually afaik, by putting the pool nickname/alias at the top of the list.
At the same time, you use this method for setting a backup pool but you set it at the bottom of the list then Wink

Good update!
yeahright

Activity: 297

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:39:24 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 01:15:10 AM by yeahright

Nice update to the UI but did anybody's blade stop hashing and unable to restart it?
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 07:55:07 AM

Nice update to the UI but did anybody's blade stop hashing and unable to restart it?

Take a look at this now

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:58:12 PM

Fresh Ideas...:    Grin

GAW Hosted App for Iphone and Android..    (Jeff going to kill me)

Some GAW miners t-shirts (Both normal shirts and a Founders club shirt)  I would buy one of the founders shirts.. 

volder

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:19:58 PM

GAW Hosted App for Iphone and Android..    (Jeff going to kill me)
This.

Regular Guy™
bones

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:19:59 PM

Anyone know where GAW get there BTC conversion rate from or who the processor is pls?
Gentso1

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:05:03 PM

Anyone know where GAW get there BTC conversion rate from or who the processor is pls?

They were using coinbase, not sure if they still are or not.
cryptofunk

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:21:24 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 10:53:13 PM by cryptofunk

-- EDIT:  After reading the CEO announcement and all my tickets being resolved within 48 hours I've decided to simply delete my post since I think they just got overwhelmed by the amount of sales. Leaving the comment wouldn't correctly describe my experience as they always try to resolve the problems.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2737
Merit: 1181

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:54:29 PM

Having the same issue here for a a week or two, blade often goes offline and won't restart.  Mine is offline as I'm writing these lines, wrote to support 2 hours ago and still waiting for the blade to come back to life or someone to reply/acknowledge the request.  

Support has been A++ from the start but has been quickly going down the drain in the last week or two, it's getting hard to get replies support ticket anymore and if you try to call their phone number it goes straight to voicemail (they use to pickup the phone).

I understand they might have small hiccups (power, software, etc) with setting up all these blades on very short notice but if you can't handle the amount of support tickets coming your way simply tell us and we'll likely avoid opening a ticket knowing you're working on it.

I filled up a compensation form 2 weeks ago and never heard from it, I also subscribed to the double hash promotion (before the deadline) and never got any payment (yes, I've contacted support).

Lastly, as a suggestion, have someone answer your phone, even if it's only a receptionist telling people to write to various email addresses (sales, support, ceo, etc).  A voicemail generally makes people uneasy and definitely sends the wrong message to current/potential customers.

I would hold out a bit longer before making too many assumptions.

I know they are working on updating the UI which is not that easy of a task and is time consuming and tedious.

Moving to a new Data Center as well, and getting it all together to keep their custoimers satisfied is also a big feat.

But yes, more communication would be better, but I'm sure there is a reason for it, which they will surely explain....I have faith that they will sort it out and keep their customers happy in the end.  Just keep the faith.

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
ComputerCowboy

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:31:02 AM

We have heard you guys and we are stepping up our game. I've been extremely focused on not only the UI but expanding the underlying database structures to offer more features and reliability. We have some really cool stuff coming. Keep and eye on it.

The simple truth is that the way we earned our spot in this market was with our unprecedented, personal, and rapid customer support. Regardless of how shiny and feature rich our UI is, that is the thing we need to put first and foremost. AND WE WILL

One simple tip for you guys also is, open new tickets for new issues. Send in a new email to support. If you reopen an old one and it is assigned to one person and that person is busy then it may get delayed. We've just reorganized our incoming tickets also so that it'll go in the right bucket. New tickets mean more eyes on the issue.

I just wanted to let you guys know that we are just as committed as we ever were and we've heard your feedback and are actively working on solutions. Furthermore your feedback has made our product what it is. You've asked us for transparency and control, you've got it. My favorite thing is solving these issues with software. We are going to be further integrating your UI with our support system, disparate systems are just that, they make our response time slower barbecue there is so much manual intervention required. We have a great custom cloud hosting solution, we have a great eCommerce system and we have a great help desk system. I am tying these together for faster service.

That is all for now, off to the airport Wink

-Jeff
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:34:28 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 02:49:31 AM by GAW Miners_CEO

Having the same issue here for a a week or two, blade often goes offline and won't restart.  Mine is offline as I'm writing these lines, wrote to support 2 hours ago and still waiting for the blade to come back to life or someone to reply/acknowledge the request.  

Support has been A++ from the start but has been quickly going down the drain in the last week or two, it's getting hard to get replies support ticket anymore and if you try to call their phone number it goes straight to voicemail (they use to pickup the phone).

I understand they might have small hiccups (power, software, etc) with setting up all these blades on very short notice but if you can't handle the amount of support tickets coming your way simply tell us and we'll likely avoid opening a ticket knowing you're working on it.

I filled up a compensation form 2 weeks ago and never heard from it, I also subscribed to the double hash promotion (before the deadline) and never got any payment (yes, I've contacted support).

Lastly, as a suggestion, have someone answer your phone, even if it's only a receptionist telling people to write to various email addresses (sales, support, ceo, etc).  A voicemail generally makes people uneasy and definitely sends the wrong message to current/potential customers.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates.  I would be happy to address these questions.

This company has grown like crazy. If our sales did not increase at all, we already have passed over 40 million in annual sales. And, our sales numbers are still growing (this has been in less in a month!).  In the last month, we have built a new data center, built new code and software that did not exist, did over a million in sales in two weeks, and even began building our own miners. We did this with 7 people.

The largest reason for the delays is because we have been using what little man power we started the company with, to training new people to expand our support and customer service. Most of this has taken place in the last two weeks, which is why this changed over the last few weeks.

We are not complete, but we have a large part of the training done. I am happy to report we have grown our staff by 200% in the last three days. And, we will hire about 75 people in the next six months.

We are also training more people to answer the phones so we are able to take care of an issue on the spot.

In my years as a CEO, I have never trained a team of people to run a company this large in three weeks. Every company I have run; we budget at least a month and a half to recruit, interview, and train new staff. This has certainly been a learning experience.

We are working as hard as we can to get back to your requests. I literally had two employees, that were so sleep deprived, fall sleep while standing Smiley

Our staff numbers are growing, our systems are getting better, and there is some exciting things coming. As I type this, we are having a “ticket party”; I have every person in the company working on support tickets and we will be at it all night.

Thanks for the patience, every customer will be rewarded for their loyalty and patience!

Josh
volder

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:39:13 AM

Our staff numbers are growing, our systems are getting better, and there is some exciting things coming. As I type this, we are having a “ticket party”; I have every person in the company working on support tickets and we will be at it all night.
LOL! A ticket party. I love it. Hope you bought dinner for everyone. I've already seen at least one new support name that I didn't recognize. Welcome Bill?

Regular Guy™
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:41:06 AM

Wow, I must have a crystal ball!

Or, I just know how this company works, they are totaly customer oriented.

I was one of their first customers on day one, and have been satisfied ever since.

I am definitly looking forward to your new items coming up as im sure the rest of the customerbase is as well.

Keep up the excellent work guys!

GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:47:54 AM

HELP WANTED:

I would like to fill a few of the new position from the community here. One position we are currently hiring for is a Product Manager. They will manage new and existing products. Research on new products, listing them keeping them up to date, etc. Please email me at josh@gawminers.com
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:50:43 AM

Helloooo?  me?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: