Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:38:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506532 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:04:53 AM

Will there be info on buy back or upgrade programs to the new ASICs?

Good question

Hi, we do not have plans to offer upgrade programs between different hardware manufactures. If we do offer upgrades it will be within the same product lines (ie. Gridseed to Gridseed)

Thank you for the questions, GAW
Can you take this opportunity to explain:
"Price Protection
Equipment buy back"

For instance, are you offering to buy equipment back at a certain price, then resell it labeled as "used"?

I assume the "price protection" is just if something drops in price overnight, and the people that bought the day before get some sort of discount?  How does the "price protection" work?
Thanks.
+1 I'd also like to know how these services work. Thanks

When gridseed came out with the blades, GAW bought back the 10 packs from our customers and allowed customers to pay the difference to upgrade to the blades.

Price protection would prevent the price from dropping drastically within a small period of time. Unfortunately, we need the manufacturer participation for this to work. While Gridseed has given us a verb agreement they will not do this again, we have nothing in writing from them.  

This is one of the reasons we made our own hardware, so we have more control over the cost.

I hope this answers some of your questions

Well I wonder if you know how the people that bought blades and waited more than a week to get them online feel; I'd say slightly fuct when the same day we see them go live you announce much cheaper versions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rob1313

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:31:43 AM

Will there be info on buy back or upgrade programs to the new ASICs?

Good question

Hi, we do not have plans to offer upgrade programs between different hardware manufactures. If we do offer upgrades it will be within the same product lines (ie. Gridseed to Gridseed)

Thank you for the questions, GAW
Can you take this opportunity to explain:
"Price Protection
Equipment buy back"

For instance, are you offering to buy equipment back at a certain price, then resell it labeled as "used"?

I assume the "price protection" is just if something drops in price overnight, and the people that bought the day before get some sort of discount?  How does the "price protection" work?
Thanks.
+1 I'd also like to know how these services work. Thanks

When gridseed came out with the blades, GAW bought back the 10 packs from our customers and allowed customers to pay the difference to upgrade to the blades.

Price protection would prevent the price from dropping drastically within a small period of time. Unfortunately, we need the manufacturer participation for this to work. While Gridseed has given us a verb agreement they will not do this again, we have nothing in writing from them.  

This is one of the reasons we made our own hardware, so we have more control over the cost.

I hope this answers some of your questions

Well I wonder if you know how the people that bought blades and waited more than a week to get them online feel; I'd say slightly fuct when the same day we see them go live you announce much cheaper versions.

ya but those people who order then might have to wait a week before they get them also. not always the case but you never know.

tip if i help you. doge: D7zzbMR9mxmtDQWWNfrRGY5fFNUnrwexSQ or BTC: 1Fot8CrsuxcZUw6qYX3sVpNo5MDtaf7ZS2
leave rep here for any transaction. 
BTC mining contracts for only 0.0058 BTC / GHs
EnJoyThis

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:33:52 AM

I would also like to know if I can 'trade-in' my blade and put some more money on the table to buy one of the GAW-miners.

Let me know as I would like to have my order in during the founders-members time frame.

Cheers

1Ew9k5guAGb44Uz6rYfSVscgFBUcgDZp5C
AgoraLive

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:39:09 AM

Will these be included in the UI, and have possibility of primary/backup pools?
drmosh

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 07:03:43 AM

Will your software also be able to control Gridseeds in the same Raspberry?  So I can connect both to the Pi?

GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 07:37:32 AM

Will these be included in the UI, and have possibility of primary/backup pools?

Yes, these will be managed by the same UI Smiley

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:59:06 AM

Can you provide some info on the warranty for the new miners like the War Machine?

They will a carry a one year warranty!
Is that for hosted units as well? Also, will the cost of hosting ever go up for Founders Club or normal? I'd assume after a few years the power costs will be more than what the unit generates in profits.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:56:47 PM

GAW Website Misinformation:
Falcons state they use 640 watts in the written description, not 480 as in the image and everywhere else it's advertised.
Widows state they use 320 Watts, not 240.
Fury state they use 30, not 15
War machine state they use 1280, not 960.
May 26 is Memorial Day, can't ship on this day here in the states.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
volder

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:11:16 PM

Just ordered my War Machine from GAW. I needed to split pay for the order via Bitcoin and PayPal (even threw in a little store credit, because I had some). All in all the process was quite painless and instructions to complete the order were simple and accurate. Can't wait to get it up and running.

Regular Guy™
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 08:29:31 PM

Hi, the week one batch it now open to the general public. Most miners are close to being sold out, or are close to it. Happy mining!

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 08:54:44 PM

You guys have the same picture for like every miner.
Does the fury need a ethernet, or just usb to computer with internet?
Please put picture of fury and it's power supply.
I assume it doesn't need pi.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money