Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:01:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinSpinner  (Read 55413 times)
BitLucky

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:52:02 AM

My phone has been lost for a week now, and I have not loaded up my Spinner backup yet (still waiting for new phone to arrive)... so far so good and bitcoins remain unspent  Smiley
If you have exported your private key you can move your coins using for instance blockchain.info or MultiBit, until you can get a new wallet up and running on your new phone.
No I just exported the BSB backup Sad
Saved them using a friends phone and sent them on to my cold storage, all good !  Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 08:28:01 PM

Feature request! I would like to see my balance in mBTC. I just changed my Bitcoin-Qt to mBTC since I think that at these prices it's a more convenient unit. It would be nice if I could change my Spinner balance to mBTC as well.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
ShadowedStranger

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:18:55 AM

Question for someone more familiar with this wallet (and android) than I am, is it possible to recover keys from a phone with a broken screen?  I have USB debugging disabled, but I believe there is a way I can enable it again by holding certain keystrokes down.

Thanks!
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:05:47 PM

Your phone can copy the code to the clipboard. From there, use something like Air Droid to copy the code to your computer.

Or, using your phone, take a screen capture or snap shot by pressing some buttons together. That picture will be in your phone's memory, or the SD card.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:28:59 PM

Feature request! I would like to see my balance in mBTC. I just changed my Bitcoin-Qt to mBTC since I think that at these prices it's a more convenient unit. It would be nice if I could change my Spinner balance to mBTC as well.
That is a very valid request, especially these days Wink
I'll look into it after the San jose conference.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
ShadowedStranger

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:40:48 AM

Your phone can copy the code to the clipboard. From there, use something like Air Droid to copy the code to your computer.

Or, using your phone, take a screen capture or snap shot by pressing some buttons together. That picture will be in your phone's memory, or the SD card.

Dabs - Thanks for the advice, but my screen is completely shot, won't turn on at all.  I'm assuming I'm going to have to figure out how to get these keys with ADB somehow.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:18:51 PM

Well, if you're doing the ADB, you might as well root it. Then grab the file you need. On my phone there is this KeyManagerCache.xml file but it doesn't contain the private keys in the normal wallet import format.

I used root explorer and went to /data/data/com.miracleas.bitcoin_spinner/shared_prefs and it seems your settings and transaction records are there.

The other thing is to have some phone repair shop swap your screen out for a working one, at least temporarily (testing purposes), while you get what you need. Pay them for the service though.

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:41:10 PM

http://blockchain.info/address/13qnEgPTxJW6mm88dLpnHXZyryN5EXBciq

Any idea why only 0.01253471 BTC turned up for the 15:20:09 transaction?

Edit: Never mind, I think I see what's going on. How many confirmations does it take?

Wait, none of my mined coins appear to be turning up. What *is* going on?

My balance seems to be correct. Do generated coins just not show up in the transaction history?

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:40:23 PM

Edit: Never mind, I think I see what's going on. How many confirmations does it take?

My balance seems to be correct. Do generated coins just not show up in the transaction history?
BitcoinSpinner does not distinguish between coinbase transactions and 'normal' transactions. It should not count them towards your confirmed balance until after 120 blocks, but it doesn't work like this now. This is only a problem if you mine directly to a BitcoinSpinner address, but never the less something I should look into.

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:13:31 PM

BitcoinSpinner does not distinguish between coinbase transactions and 'normal' transactions. It should not count them towards your confirmed balance until after 120 blocks, but it doesn't work like this now. This is only a problem if you mine directly to a BitcoinSpinner address, but never the less something I should look into.

Are you not set up with mining? I could mine a little directly to an address if you'd like to be able to check it out.

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:05:44 PM

I had a prod around the source. I think the transaction history page is behaving properly (Though it would be better if mined coins were shown differently than transferred coins). It's either the server or the part that reads from the server and parses it out.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:51:28 AM

Are you not set up with mining? I could mine a little directly to an address if you'd like to be able to check it out.
I am not mining, so thank you for the offer to help testing this.

I had a prod around the source. I think the transaction history page is behaving properly (Though it would be better if mined coins were shown differently than transferred coins). It's either the server or the part that reads from the server and parses it out.
As far as I can see the coinbase transaction outputs are included alright, but they should only be spendable after 100 confirmations (network rule). BitcoinQT's UI only allows you to spend them after 120 confirmations. BitcoinSpinner doesn't treat them any different than normal transaction outputs, and there is the problem.
My best guess is that if you try to spend them before 100  confirmations your tx will be rejected by the network.

To fix this I'll have to extend the API and add an isCoinbase boolean to com.bccapi.bitlib.model.UnspentTransactionOutput, use this to color the transactions in the Tx History UI and not count them towards your balance until they have matured. This sounds simple enough, but will require changing the data model on the backend, a rescan of the blockchain, and an API breaking change. I'll look into it, but it won't be until after the San Jose conference.

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:24:35 PM

As far as I can see the coinbase transaction outputs are included alright, but they should only be spendable after 100 confirmations (network rule). BitcoinQT's UI only allows you to spend them after 120 confirmations. BitcoinSpinner doesn't treat them any different than normal transaction outputs, and there is the problem.
My best guess is that if you try to spend them before 100  confirmations your tx will be rejected by the network.

To fix this I'll have to extend the API and add an isCoinbase boolean to com.bccapi.bitlib.model.UnspentTransactionOutput, use this to color the transactions in the Tx History UI and not count them towards your balance until they have matured. This sounds simple enough, but will require changing the data model on the backend, a rescan of the blockchain, and an API breaking change. I'll look into it, but it won't be until after the San Jose conference.

It seems like the balance is correct but I have some quite old mining transactions that just don't show up in the transaction history. I've not had any issues spending but I keep a decent balance on there and the amount coming in from mining is fairly small compared.

My above was just from reading the source from the svn repository. I really didn't want to go farther without all the tools that make android easier. I'll try and get chance to have a closer look later though it seems I have an overfull plate these days.

teslacoil404

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:48:35 PM

I have two requests:
1) Lower the fee to 0.0002
2) When sending show the amount equivalent to the selected fiat currency and give the possibility to switch btc and fiat (i.e. send 10$ and show the btc equivalent)
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:30:02 PM

I have two requests:
1) Lower the fee to 0.0002

We are marching towards higher fees, not lower. So perhaps raise the fee to BTC 0.001 instead.

2) When sending show the amount equivalent to the selected fiat currency and give the possibility to switch btc and fiat (i.e. send 10$ and show the btc equivalent)

I think these are good proposals.

They depend on getting accurate exchange rates though. The thought has occurred to me that bitcoin programs could obtain exchange rates between fiat currencies from other reliable sources, for example, the dollar-euro exchange rate.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:40:40 PM

Fee should probably be a selection based on how long it would take to get enough confirmations at that fee level with a reasonable default.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:36:51 PM

Fee should probably be a selection based on how long it would take to get enough confirmations at that fee level with a reasonable default.

This is about the same conclusion I got to. Here are my thoughts on how that calculation could be done: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166302.msg1734215#msg1734215

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:18:17 PM

For those of you attending Bitcoin2013 in San Jose the coming weekend, I'll be demonstrating the next generation Bitcoin wallet for android, which will eventually replace BitcoinSpinner. It is a total rewrite, where I use all the experience gained from BitcoinSpinner over the last 1.5 years and all your feedback to create the best mobile bitcoin wallet on the planet.

Most notable features (not present in BitcoinSpinner):
 - Import Private key (and obviously export)
 - Multiple keys with key-control
 - Readonly wallet (only holds Bitcoin address)

Sneak peek of what you can do (Cold storage spending scenario):
1) take a pice of paper from your safe with a SIPA formatted private key as a QR code
2) import the key to your phone by scanning the QR code
3) send some funds to some other address
4) delete the key from the phone
The entire operation takes less than a minute

Sneak peek of what you can do (Cold storage monitoring):
1) You have a Bitcoin address on a piece of paper as a QR code
2) Import the bitcoin address to your phone by scanning the QR code
3) Monitor balance/history of the bitcoin address
If you loose your phone only your bitcoin address is revealed

All of this is currently in alpha, but I'll release a beta some time after the conference.

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:51:33 AM

When copying the address to the clipboard, it is preceded by the prefix "bitcoin:" - in most cases, this just requires manual deletion of the prefix by the user when pasting into the Web form.

Can we have the handle removed, and only copy the address itself?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 08:18:18 PM

Can we have the latest version in the repository?

Jan you claimed a rewrite. Will that be open source, too?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: