Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:11:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 41108 times)
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2131
Merit: 1398

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 03:51:42 PM

Hello, I just got my miner yesterday, and was able to get to the dashboard and attempt to connect to a pool and start mining.  Couldn't get it to connect quite right, it would look good on the Hashboard, but the pool would show inactive, and nothing would show up on the pool side of things (Slushpool).  But now this morning I decide to start trying again, and the miner is just making a weird sound and I can't access the dashboard anymore.  Rebooting, starting, restarting seems to do nothing.  It just sits there making a weird sound.  Would appreciate some help on this.

#Update

I adjusted the username in the pool section of the miner (had tried to put a space in there because it looked like there was one on the example from slushpool) and now everything looks to be working! On the miner side at least, still too soon probably for slushpool to say anything.  But just thought I would put this out there if anyone else puts a space in your username it seems to cause the miner to have a meltdown.

Yes credentials are case sensitive on most pools...the username field will take whatever you put in it so if its not exactly what you have set up at the pool it won't authenticate.

FYI congrats on all Batch 2 users coming online...sync those nodes and forward that 8333 port! Lets show the world Bitcoin users DGAF about any US government laws trying to stifle this revolution.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
cd1177

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 03:47:24 AM

I've read some posts on here about the port forwarding and helping with connections on the node.  I currently have 10/32 connections.  I tried forwarding the ports but it didn't change.  not sure if i did every right or not?  anyone have any suggestions or a good guide for this?  also looking to try and forward ports to be able to access remote.  I tried that but i can't access remote still so obviously i'm not doing something right.......
dwood443

Activity: 95
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 11:42:05 AM

I've read some posts on here about the port forwarding and helping with connections on the node.  I currently have 10/32 connections.  I tried forwarding the ports but it didn't change.  not sure if i did every right or not?  anyone have any suggestions or a good guide for this?  also looking to try and forward ports to be able to access remote.  I tried that but i can't access remote still so obviously i'm not doing something right.......

does sound like its not forwarded. all you can do is google your router model and port forward. Some also call it virtual servers
mrbillishere

Activity: 12
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 03:01:06 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2021, 04:17:44 PM by mrbillishere

I've read some posts on here about the port forwarding and helping with connections on the node.  I currently have 10/32 connections.  I tried forwarding the ports but it didn't change.  not sure if i did every right or not?  anyone have any suggestions or a good guide for this?  also looking to try and forward ports to be able to access remote.  I tried that but i can't access remote still so obviously i'm not doing something right.......

FWIW, I too am only showing 10/32 connections (I'm a batch 2 so the node has been running for just a couple days and is 84% sync'd)

I verified that inbound connections to my node from the internet are working using this website here that someone else in the thread provided earlier. Give it a try:  CanYouSeeMe dot Org

All you do is pull the web page up using the browser on your full node and then edit the 'Port to Check' so it reads 8333 and click the 'Check Port' button. It will come back with 'Success' if your firewall/router is set up correctly.
mvagusta

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2021, 03:06:18 PM

Hi guys I tried to solo mine another SHA256 project as well as pool mining but both have error of unable to connect to pool. May I know how can I solve that? Thanks
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 03:14:32 PM

Hi guys I tried to solo mine another SHA256 project as well as pool mining but both have error of unable to connect to pool. May I know how can I solve that? Thanks

Sounds like a pool issue - make sure your username is being entered correctly. If you're solo mining, you need to make sure your stratum proxy is working correctly.
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 10:58:16 PM

I've read some posts on here about the port forwarding and helping with connections on the node.  I currently have 10/32 connections.  I tried forwarding the ports but it didn't change.  not sure if i did every right or not?  anyone have any suggestions or a good guide for this?  also looking to try and forward ports to be able to access remote.  I tried that but i can't access remote still so obviously i'm not doing something right.......

FWIW, I too am only showing 10/32 connections (I'm a batch 2 so the node has been running for just a couple days and is 84% sync'd)

I verified that inbound connections to my node from the internet are working using this website here that someone else in the thread provided earlier. Give it a try:  CanYouSeeMe dot Org

All you do is pull the web page up using the browser on your full node and then edit the 'Port to Check' so it reads 8333 and click the 'Check Port' button. It will come back with 'Success' if your firewall/router is set up correctly.

You have 10 outgoing connections (bitcoind client limit). Incoming connections are disabled until you fully synced. No point for people to connect to you, when you don't have 100% copy of blockchain to send out to them. Once this is complete, you should see connections amount climbing up Smiley

On my modified Apollo, which I placed in another country, in place with slow connection, even on 1Mbps max. upload I see:

Code:
Bitcoin Full Node
Connections: 28 In / 10 Out (38 Total)
Downloaded: 0 GiB
Uploaded: 5 GiB
Uptime: 1d:21h:32m
Process memory: 679 MiB

Network Traffic (yesterday)
Downloaded: 579.26 MiB
Uploaded: 4.48 GiB
Smiley
OliveGreenHamster

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 01:26:51 PM

How long does it take for the package to make it to FedEx once I get the shipping notification. I got the shipping notification and tracking number on Tuesday, but looking at the FedEx tracking page, it still says they're waiting for the package.  Sad
cryptofreshman

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2021, 08:04:12 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2021, 09:15:00 PM by cryptofreshman

Has anybody changed the custom Miner Settings to "overclock" the Apollo BTC and if so what settings have been found to be stable? I'm trying to push my unit to successfully hash at a rate of 3.8T/s. I have an 850Watt ATX Power supply that is going to be powering it so that is more than enough power.
moonboy69

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 10:29:51 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2021, 01:14:48 AM by moonboy69

got it to work
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 08:53:58 AM

How long does it take for the package to make it to FedEx once I get the shipping notification. I got the shipping notification and tracking number on Tuesday, but looking at the FedEx tracking page, it still says they're waiting for the package.  Sad

Tracking numbers are issued when your unit is first built, it can take a bit before it ends up in fedex possession. If you dont see movement this weekend it will definitely be by Monday latest.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
plank_dude

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 09:56:45 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2021, 07:02:48 PM by plank_dude

sup guys,

i got my apollo miner/full node a few days ago and didn't have much trouble connecting it to slushpool to start mining. unfortunately the first monitors i tried didn't work with whatever resolution the hardware was outputting, so i had to do some testing which involved some hard resetting from the power supply. now i have a few questions:

1) it says in the instructions that this will cause problems with the full node booting. what is the process exactly for the first boot, and why am i not able to boot up the node after the first boot? when i go to start the node from the dashboard, it says something about making sure the Bitcoin folder is properly configured on connected external USB drive... despite this being the version with the included SSD. do i need to reflash the SD card? i'd like to avoid hacking the node together if i can just use the nice dashboard that's been provided.

2) the hdmi output now doesn't appear to be working at all today after running the miner in turbo mode all night. is this a known issue? i've been keeping the cpu temp below 70C with fans and such. it's a bit worrying. the hashrate had also declined to ~1.5 Th/s by the time i woke up, despite still being in turbo mode and having a continuous connection to the pool. (this may have been a problem with my internet connection)[and the hdmi just started working after a reboot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯]

3) this one is much less urgent, but is there planned support for a dark mode on the dashboard? Smiley

right now i'm just hashing in eco mode and using the web dash to manage things over wifi. i have the sd card image downloaded but waiting for feedback Smiley

cheers,
plank
heslo
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1032

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 01:05:34 AM

sup guys,

i got my apollo miner/full node a few days ago and didn't have much trouble connecting it to slushpool to start mining. unfortunately the first monitors i tried didn't work with whatever resolution the hardware was outputting, so i had to do some testing which involved some hard resetting from the power supply. now i have a few questions:

1) it says in the instructions that this will cause problems with the full node booting. what is the process exactly for the first boot, and why am i not able to boot up the node after the first boot? when i go to start the node from the dashboard, it says something about making sure the Bitcoin folder is properly configured on connected external USB drive... despite this being the version with the included SSD. do i need to reflash the SD card? i'd like to avoid hacking the node together if i can just use the nice dashboard that's been provided.

2) the hdmi output now doesn't appear to be working at all today after running the miner in turbo mode all night. is this a known issue? i've been keeping the cpu temp below 70C with fans and such. it's a bit worrying. the hashrate had also declined to ~1.5 Th/s by the time i woke up, despite still being in turbo mode and having a continuous connection to the pool. (this may have been a problem with my internet connection)

3) this one is much less urgent, but is there planned support for a dark mode on the dashboard? Smiley

right now i'm just hashing in eco mode and using the web dash to manage things over wifi. i have the sd card image downloaded but waiting for feedback Smiley

cheers,
plank

I can help you with this one; while I too would like a dark mode if you use Firefox there's a plugin called Dark Reader which can turn dark mode on any webpage... give it a shot!
plank_dude

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 02:33:10 AM

sup guys,

2) the hdmi output now doesn't appear to be working at all today after running the miner in turbo mode all night. is this a known issue? i've been keeping the cpu temp below 70C with fans and such. it's a bit worrying. the hashrate had also declined to ~1.5 Th/s by the time i woke up, despite still being in turbo mode and having a continuous connection to the pool. (this may have been a problem with my internet connection)

cheers,
plank

I can help you with this one; while I too would like a dark mode if you use Firefox there's a plugin called Dark Reader which can turn dark mode on any webpage... give it a shot!

i've tried dark reader before, it doesn't work with my settings :/
heslo
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1032

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 03:13:59 AM

sup guys,

cheers,
plank

i've tried dark reader before, it doesn't work with my settings :/

Not sure why, using it here with the Apollo webUI and it works a treat!
edonaldson

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 04:40:47 PM

Is there an API available so that we can monitor the miner from another system?  Awesome Miner, HiveOS, etc.   I like to see all my miners in one location.
plank_dude

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 06:48:39 AM

2) the hdmi output now doesn't appear to be working at all today after running the miner in turbo mode all night. is this a known issue? i've been keeping the cpu temp below 70C with fans and such.

i think i have an idea what caused this problem, in case anybody has a similar issue. it appears that the system requires any connected media to be connected during boot. if you plug it in after boot then no dice. i had the same problem with trying to connect a usb keyboard after it had already booted. hope this helps somebody Smiley
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 06:52:08 AM

Is there an API available so that we can monitor the miner from another system?  Awesome Miner, HiveOS, etc.   I like to see all my miners in one location.

Raw json data is available in the API, I believe one of them already added Apollo LTC support, so should be pretty easy for them to add BTC version. They usually add them if they get enough requests.

crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 12:45:23 PM

2) the hdmi output now doesn't appear to be working at all today after running the miner in turbo mode all night. is this a known issue? i've been keeping the cpu temp below 70C with fans and such.

i think i have an idea what caused this problem, in case anybody has a similar issue. it appears that the system requires any connected media to be connected during boot. if you plug it in after boot then no dice. i had the same problem with trying to connect a usb keyboard after it had already booted. hope this helps somebody Smiley

USB and HDMI supposed to be plug'n'play. Not quite the case with Orange Pi 4 then? Cheesy (disclaimer I 'm not confirming this issue, not using keyboard or monitor with my Apollo miner).
gt_addict

Activity: 2506
Merit: 622

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 01:12:01 PM

USB and HDMI supposed to be plug'n'play. Not quite the case with Orange Pi 4 then? Cheesy (disclaimer I 'm not confirming this issue, not using keyboard or monitor with my Apollo miner).

Well mine was plug'n'play. Have a usb keyboard and mouse for dealing with the Raspi4 for my R606 and it worked perfectly well when I plugged it into the already running Apollo.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: