Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:17:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Unbreakablecoin (UNB) | SHA256 - Over 3x Bigger then Bitcoin | No Premine  (Read 134742 times)
Sonix711

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:06:41 PM

mmm...interesting...cheers for contacting them...

well, I don't know where their webage info comes from, but it definitely isnt live, thats for sure...cos I just checked, and its all still the same...

I see about 50GHs is currently showing as running in their 24 hour hashrate chart...if a block is found through iSpace, please could someone update here, thanks...I will try to keep an eye on the page aswell...

I totally understand inflation...personally, I would like to see a block created at least every 3 days, if not every day, just to keep the chain and transactions flowing...other than that, I don't mind my 7GH, about 60watts, chugging 24/7 lottery style...if everyone can have a bit of UNB, then that would really be the people's money... Smiley

I was looking back at the blocks list on iSpace yesterday, and I know there were more blocks being mined just before I joined than there are now...I haven't seen any hashrate graphs so I don't know much about that other than about page 13 on here there was about 50THs on the network, but that was at least a year ago...

Its not all about the asics - they can be as much a help as a hinderance, depending on what you are trying to achieve...I sure most cpu/gpu miners move to scrypt coins when the time comes - as far as I can see, the more cpu / gpu miners mining UNB, the better for everyone...

Thanks again to everyone involved - its always a pain when there are problems, and if your just a middleman, its even more of a pain, so is even more appreciated when its sorted...I've done IT Support for at least 10 years, so I have a bit of experience in this... Smiley

Cheers ! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 02:09:38 PM

Thanks for getting involved, Sonix711!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Sonix711

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:56:29 PM

Very welcome, cheers ! Smiley

I just finished uploading a vid to my youtube channel about UNB and how I ended up here - my vids aren't that professional, but I always aim to make them at least a bit informative / educational... feel free to watch, comment, and subscribe... - UNB - UnbreakableCoin - New Project, sort of... - https://youtu.be/buMJBcHRAeE

I also have a vid of my latest infrastructure and mining setup - sounds more impressive than it is, but still more complicated than the average I'm sure... - Same Box - Different Mining Setup... - https://youtu.be/u7SpmiqhmRw

My youtube vids are either recorded using webcam and webcam recording software or bandicam screen recorder software with extra webcam audio...then they are uploaded to my local sftp server...from there they are uploaded to my Digital Ocean Droplet in London datacenter over a few hours / days ( no joke )... then I connect to the droplet using ssh and vnc to upload to youtube using firefox and the youtube webpage uploader, in about 10 mins average... again, no joke Smiley my tinternet bandwidth isn't the quickest, and my vids are not exactly the smallest of files - some vids are short, some vids are long...some have lots of views, some have only a few...many vids about all sorts...hope you enjoy Smiley

Cheers ! Smiley
Sonix711

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 04:25:10 PM

Listening to this episode ( 1 hour, 37 minutes, 13 seconds total time ) of the Crypto Show on LetsTalkbitcoin.com also helped get me into UNB - Thanks !!!

"The Crypto Show with Anthony Di'Iorio and Jim Blasko" - https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/the-crypto-show-with-anthony-diiorio-and-jim-blasko

Description:-

"
The fist hour we talk with Anthony about the recent Ethereum news and DAO hack. We also get into what's new with Jaxx.io and Decentral.ca including the new hardware product by Decentral called the Ice Cube.

The second hour we talk with Jim Blasko about Voxelus a VR crypto currency being traded on several exchanges. Also a little on Unbreakable Coin and BitcoinTalkRadio.com

Original air date 6/19/16 on LogosRadioNetwork

Sponsored by: Bitcoin.com & CryptoCompare.com
"

Cheers ! Smiley
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 05:36:58 PM

I also have a vid of my latest infrastructure and mining setup - sounds more impressive than it is, but still more complicated than the average I'm sure... - Same Box - Different Mining Setup... - https://youtu.be/u7SpmiqhmRw

My youtube vids are either recorded using webcam and webcam recording software or bandicam screen recorder software with extra webcam audio...then they are uploaded to my local sftp server...from there they are uploaded to my Digital Ocean Droplet in London datacenter over a few hours / days ( no joke )... then I connect to the droplet using ssh and vnc to upload to youtube using firefox and the youtube webpage uploader, in about 10 mins average... again, no joke Smiley my tinternet bandwidth isn't the quickest, and my vids are not exactly the smallest of files - some vids are short, some vids are long...some have lots of views, some have only a few...many vids about all sorts...hope you enjoy Smiley

Cheers ! Smiley

I like your style, man.  Do you ship your box mining setup?  I can't afford it now but I've always wanted to buy some serious mining gear, and it sounds like you know your stuff.  See, I need to 51 a bunch of coins and it's hard with the hash "power" of one iPhone.  lol

I'll check out your videos when I get home - I love this kind of stuff. 

Sonix711

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:24:20 PM

Hey everyone Smiley

Just wanted to post some updated info...

===
I have setup a full node that is running on my Digital Ocean Droplet in London Data Center - there now seems to be a total of 4 accessible full nodes on the network...2 of which are mine...4 total is better than 3 total, but not as good as 5 or more total would be... Smiley

===
I didn't have much success running the Linux Black Wallet that I downloaded from www.unbreakablecoin.com - I'm not sure if the original download file is corrupt, or x64 only, or if there was a problem with something I was doing...

Anyway...My Digital Ocean Droplet, running Ubuntu 14 x86, only has 512MB RAM, and errored "out of memory" when I originally tried to compile the wallet from source code. I successfully compiled in a Lubuntu 14 x86 VM with 2GB RAM, and the wallet ran successfully without problems, as far as I am aware - a single file is created from the source compile that contains all files related to the UNB Wallet. I was able to sftp the compiled wallet file to the Ubuntu Droplet, and that is what is now running the second full node. The compiled x86 file is also on my Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mtnp1wihrid4qok/AACDU5O2N-jXY7oFCdiGrS5Ma?dl=0 - for anyone that wants to use it - I haven't changed any of the source code - I just followed the instructions in the readme-qt.rst file, in the docs folder, installed a few components, ran qmake, ran make, and after a few mins, job done Smiley I'm sure the extra components are still required to run the wallet...hope this helps someone...

===
I looked at iSpace and the information is still the same as before...honestly, a bit disappointing I think...

We are now currently searching for block 45883 - this means the last found block is 45882 at 11:01am today - about 2 hours ago...

Interestingly, the iSpace hashrate graph shows a massive hashrate increase between about 4am and 5:30am - I think someone plugged in a new S7 or something like that as the graph shows a massive spike from 1TH to 12TH - thats 1,000GH to 12,000GH !!! mental Smiley

Also interestingly, as far as I can see, the hashrate increase does not seem to match with any of the blocks found times, shown in my CGMiner window:-

block 45878 - found 7:34am
blocks 45879, 45880, 45881 & 45882 - found between 10:06am & 11:01am

I'm not sure what conclusion to make from this, but either way, as far as I can see, there is no problem as the blocks are valid, so its perhaps just something to be aware of when looking at the time line at the bottom of the graph...I'm sure the blocks were found in that time period as I just can't believe that someone turned on 12TH and mined nothing... Smiley

Current network hashrate is 2.342TH, and there are 486 blocks to find until the next difficulty change.

( 46368 - 45882 = 486 )

486 - that number takes me back in PC spec and years...crazy how far and fast things have progressed... Smiley

That's all folks - for the moment - thanks for reading & hope you enjoyed the update - they will appear from me if and when I feel an update is necessary... Smiley

Any questions or coments, just shout...

Cheers Smiley

Edited: Sorry, I mean Bitmain S9 Miner, although Bitmain S7 does exist, at about 4.7TH... Smiley
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 12:44:01 PM

Thx Sonix!

Sonix711

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:57:23 AM

Hey everyone Smiley

Just a really quick update...

Last block found is 45885 - next block to be found is 45886.

Network Hashrate increase to 2.468TH

I now have 14 connections to my wallet, although I havent had a chance to look to see which connections are accepting connections back from me...well done everyone involved !!! Smiley

iSpace has updated their info:-

"our last block" is now 45883, which is showing in the "last 10 blocks" found list as being mined with iSpace - this means that "our last block" is the last block found by iSpace pool, and not the latest block that has been found by anyone...

It appears that their "24 hour hashrate" graph corresponds to at least the time when their block was found and an increase in hashrate to about 2TH / 2,000GH - as far as I can see...interesting...

Well done anyone that found a block...and anyone that didn't, thanks anyway for contributing hashrate to the network... !!!

Cheers ! Smiley
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 12:41:13 PM

Wow, 14 connections is great!  Glad to hear iSpace is on the right chain.  Thanks again, Sonix!

Sonix711

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 03:44:39 PM

Hey everyone Smiley

I have spent the majority of the last few days trying to get a Mining Pool Server working with UNB...

About 1.5 years ago I had my own crypto and small MPOS mining pool, which I ran for about 6 months, so I do have some experience...

I hope the following info will be of help to someone, cos I have so far failed to get a pool working successfully...

1 - There seems to only be 3 real choices for Mining Pool software, as far as I can see - MPOS (complete solution), UNOMP (supposed to replace or at least work with MPOS), and CoiniumServ (back end server with no web front end).

2 - Most of my hardware supports x64 OS as the base install, but only supports x86 VM's / virtual PC's, so I can only run VM's with OS's that are x86 / 32bit...everything done below was done using a Lubuntu 14.04 x86 VM.

3 - I tried installing UNOMP, but if I remember correctly, got stuck at the same error as the one posted here -  SyntaxError: Error parsing /home/dragos/unomp/node_modules/merged-pooler/package.json: Unexpected string in JSON at position 2304 #135 - https://github.com/UNOMP/unified-node-open-mining-portal/issues/135 - this issue was opened 14 days ago - today is 03-07-2016.

4 - I rolled back to before installing UNOMP, and tried installing MPOS and the stratum components instead - which all seemed to install correctly... The problem starts when trying to install mySQL Workbench to be able to manage the actual MPOS database...The latest version of mySQL Workbench is only x64, so no x86 version at all, so I tried using - MySQL Workbench 6.1.7 - Ubuntu Linux 12.04 (x86, 32-bit), DEB - as that seems to be the last version that works for x86...I downloaded the deb installer, double clicked, and an installer window opens stating that the package cannot be installed due to missing dependancy libc-something-0, sorry can't remember the full name...anyway I tried to install the missing component, but it seems that the "apt-get install" file is either missing, or has been replaced, so either way, I couldn't seem to get the dependency installed to then be able to get the installer of mySQL Workbench to install the Workbench application...

5 - All was not completely lost, as I still had my old MPOS VM for my own crypto stashed away, and that had everything working, including the mySQL Workbench application...so I dug that out, updated the OS, got the UNB wallet working, updated MPOS and the stratum components from the git sources to the latest versions, as far as I am aware, changed a whole bunch of configs, ran the stratum mining twisted command, without sudo and got permission errors, ran with sudo, and it started to look like it was working, then gave me errors that it couldnt connect to the wallet / daemon correctly / the connections were being dropped, "check my wallet config", so I did that, and just cant find any problems...

... and that is where I am currently at - not being able to get a pool working, sorry...

So far as now, I am giving up...I have the knowledge to run a pool, but not to do all the programming of the components that make the pool work, and fix problems like this when they appear...

The only consolation I can offer currently is the following link - An Open Source Mining Pool Bounty and DEVgrant - https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/03/29/an-open-source-mining-pool-bounty/

"
Though there are some instances of open source Ethereum pool mining software available, the uptake has been low, and there appears to be a large efficiency gap between proprietary and available open source pool software.

We propose to change that.

As of today, the Ethereum Foundation is offering a bounty to a developer or team who wishes to begin this project, based on the “performance” of the end result
"

Basically, Mining Pool Software sucks, and Ethereum are trying to change that - good luck to them - hopefully it will be able to be used with other alt-coins aswell, like UNB...If anyone actually creates something...

I am currently still running 2 accessible full nodes, and solo mining with my BFL 7GH ASIC... As to how long I will be doing this is still open ended...So far, although its been fun, I am currently at a "loss" , and have mined a total of 0 blocks, so have a wallet that still contains 0 UNB Smiley

My intention of running a small pool, dedicated to UNB, was to try to get more cpu / gpu / low end ASIC miners involved in UNB, with the hope of something small being better than nothing at all, for everyone involved...

Yeah, I could sign up for iSpace, but I was originally looking to find, then looking to create, a pool that was focused only on UNB, like Slush is for BTC, and use that focus and enthusiasm to try to help make UNB better for everyone involved...now, I feel like...disappointed...bit less enthusiasm cos theres not much else happening here...and bored...sorry...

If anyone wants to get involved with helping me to setup a pool, please do give me a shout..If Mining Pool software improves, and I can get it to work with UNB, then I hope to revisit this project again in the future...

I'll update if anything changes...

Cheers !

Sonix711.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 03:50:49 PM

Wow Sonix, you really put a lot of work in that.  I regret not being able to help with technical things.  Not sure why it's taking Blasko so long to give us some input.  Is UNB abandoned now or what?  If so then maybe I need to hijack it.  lol

At any rate, I don't blame you for giving up for now - it seems like the original dev has done the same thing.  Hope you eventually mine so UNB just in case. 

Cheers!

Sonix711

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:41:43 PM

Cheers Vlad2Vlad ! Smiley

It has been fun... until now... Thanks for the comments... If you do take over ownership or development of UNB, let me know, and I'll try my hardest to help however possible...

Until next time...

Cheers ! Smiley
jimblasko (OP)

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:00:01 AM

Cheers Vlad2Vlad ! Smiley

It has been fun... until now... Thanks for the comments... If you do take over ownership or development of UNB, let me know, and I'll try my hardest to help however possible...

Until next time...

Cheers ! Smiley

Hey Guys, I'm just now catching up with these messages. I'm happy to help you get that pool running, and I'll add some hash to it.

So glad to see you guys chatting it up in here. I'm happy to see the UNB resurrection anyday.

Suggestions welcome - I will check in daily.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 04:25:13 AM

Hey Guys, I'm just now catching up with these messages. I'm happy to help you get that pool running, and I'll add some hash to it.

So glad to see you guys chatting it up in here. I'm happy to see the UNB resurrection anyday.

Suggestions welcome - I will check in daily.

Sonix, here's our chance, brother!  Grin

Sonix711

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:09:33 PM

hey everyone Smiley

Jim, cheers for yr comments - I haven't given up on the pool concept, but I have had many headaches so far...

I have also looked into CoiniumServ, and although that does now appear to have a web front end, I have researched into the backend database structure / configuration, and not come up with very much at all...

I just had a look at my solo mining setup - still 0 UNB mined so far using BFL 7GH ASIC...But, my CGMiner window has a stream of blocks found within the last 24 hours - it seems that 4TH processing power has been added to the network through the iSpace Pool, and mined a bunch of blocks...This additional hashrate is still currently running...

The iSpace chart shows the current network hashrate on average at 400TH - this is completely wrong - my wallet shows total network hashrate at 6.569TH - an increase of about 4TH from what was 2.468TH on 2nd July 2016.

Its funny - from a network hashrate perspective, this is great that more processing power has been added to the network...but from a personal perspective, my 7GH, which has been useless so far, just became even more useless, if thats possible... If 6TH / 6000GH is the new norm, then I just went from 7GH versus 2000GH, to 7GH versus 6000+GH, which really does seem completely pointless me solo mining 7GH now...

3 choices:-

1 - Give up solo mining or increase my hashrate with everything that I have which will cost me an absolute small fortune to run, and prob still won't be anything good compared to versus 6000+GH - I can make a small current loss with BTC, or a massive current loss with UNB, although both BTC and UNB factors involve the value increasing in the future, to counteract the current losses...

2 - Sign up to iSpace with the hope of a tiny amount of reward from my 7GH, or use every miner I have, which again, goes back to point 1's running costs.

3 - My original plan to get a pool working to get more cpu/gpu/low end ASICS involved is prob out the window for me running it at my current location, and especially if the hashrate new norm is now 6000+GH and not 2000GH. Also, you would need an absolute s tonne of low end miners to achieve any good amount of hashrate, which still has no guarantee that it will mine anything, especially if anyone else can add 4+TH to the network just like that...

I can only say that yes, UNB is working, but, in my opinion, it is being let down by so much around it, for varying reasons and degrees, that I am unsure what to make of it all anymore...

"If you got all the currency in the world, it's prob worthless by that point cos you got it all"

"If at first you don't succeed, try again...If you then don't succeed, perhaps it's just not meant to be..."

"A short term gain for a long term loss, or a short term loss for a long term gain..."

"Sometimes, a little bit of something is better than a whole bunch of nothing..."

"Noone can do everything..."

"Are you a leader or a follower, a follower or a leader..."

"You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your enemies..."

"Is the enemy of my enemy my friend or my enemy..."

"Don't put nothing in, expect nothing out..."

"Gotta spend money to make money..."

"Hope for the best, plan for the worst..."

"mmm...plan...need one..."

...and that's basically where I'm at...a whole bunch of all sorts that answers questions and questions answers...

Cheers Smiley
Sonix711

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:25:28 PM

... Meant to say, current block is 45932 - next block to be found is 45933.

I think thats 45 blocks found today so far !!! - 45 blocks x 50 UNB = 2250 UNB mined today so far !!!

mental...ridiculous...er, pick one... then perhaps read or re-read my previous post if you haven't already !!!

Cheers !
jimblasko (OP)

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:55:42 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2016, 03:48:27 PM by jimblasko

I think thats 45 blocks found today so far !!! - 45 blocks x 50 UNB = 2250 UNB mined today so far !!!

mental...ridiculous...er, pick one... then perhaps read or re-read my previous post if you haven't already !!!

Cheers !

Great video by the way :-)

Hash is great and solves the problem so I rented a bunch to move the blocks along a bit faster to get to the next difficulty change. After that it should be much easer to mine. Also we built a pool last night for UNB so I'll test today or tomorrow and then let you guys have at it.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 03:52:12 PM

Cheers !

WHAT??  That's nearly 2 months inflation in a single day.  Who sent you, Rockefeller?  lol

It's good to see the chain moving along and everything ticking the way it should.  Thanks Sonix!

MilkandPie4U

Activity: 173
Merit: 151

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 04:29:09 PM

We should see a 4x diffy decrease, which should put it right around 6 mil.

I guess we will see if I am right soon.

Also can someone post a list of active nodes please?

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 05:13:10 PM

We should see a 4x diffy decrease, which should put it right around 6 mil.

I guess we will see if I am right soon.

Also can someone post a list of active nodes please?

www.zpool.ca/explorer/peers?id=1446

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: