Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:35:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Wallets Stolen By Hackers][We're Sorry][Contact Anon136 For Escrow]  (Read 77028 times)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 09:08:44 PM

thank you - it's too bad people have nothing better to do than steal - guess they're too lazy to go out and find a real job and be productive - it's a shame they were raised in a manner where they can live with themselves after stealing from others.

In a very real sense, their greatest victims are themselves.

Consider: Satoshi Nakamoto could buy a swanky seaside estate in the East Hamptons without a second thought except for the IRS. BCNext, whoever he is, will never have to work again. As long as he knows how to manage money, he has the scarce luxury of never having to worry about his bills. He could work on whatever he wants - no matter how exotic or flaky - and his standard of living won't suffer.

But what if Edgecoin didn't take off? If the OP hadn't scoffed off with the BTC, if he had thrown his mind and heart into the project, he would have had this luxury in only one short year - the luxury of updating his resume:

"EDGECOIN FOUNDER AND CHIEF DEVELOPER:"

Had the OP been on the level, he could have put down a paragraph that would give him a real leg up in getting a "real" job - a job with a starting salary of about $100,000 per annum.

But instead, the kid threw it all away. He ruined his reputation, made people around here even more guarded, and ran the real risk of being doxed into welfare country. All for the sum of about 50 unescrowed BTC. The price of a mid-range car, or about one hundred and thirty pieces of one-ounce silver.

I lost ~$200. Whoever the OP was, he lost much more.

Good way to look at it Smiley

i thought it was like 75 btc

@Jonesd: Thanks!

@Gingermod: Just a rough estimate. Feel free to adjust the figures to your liking.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

hardwork

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:13:11 PM

Thanks for helping us out!
Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:16:45 PM

thank you - it's too bad people have nothing better to do than steal - guess they're too lazy to go out and find a real job and be productive - it's a shame they were raised in a manner where they can live with themselves after stealing from others.

In a very real sense, their greatest victims are themselves.

Consider: Satoshi Nakamoto could buy a swanky seaside estate in the East Hamptons without a second thought except for the IRS. BCNext, whoever he is, will never have to work again. As long as he knows how to manage money, he has the scarce luxury of never having to worry about his bills. He could work on whatever he wants - no matter how exotic or flaky - and his standard of living won't suffer.

But what if Edgecoin didn't take off? If the OP hadn't scoffed off with the BTC, if he had thrown his mind and heart into the project, he would have had this luxury in only one short year - the luxury of updating his resume:

"EDGECOIN FOUNDER AND CHIEF DEVELOPER:"

Had the OP been on the level, he could have put down a paragraph that would give him a real leg up in getting a "real" job - a job with a starting salary of about $100,000 per annum.

But instead, the kid threw it all away. He ruined his reputation, made people around here even more guarded, and ran the real risk of being doxed into welfare country. All for the sum of about 50 unescrowed BTC. The price of a mid-range car, or about one hundred and thirty pieces of one-ounce silver.

I lost ~$200. Whoever the OP was, he lost much more.

Good way to look at it Smiley

i thought it was like 75 btc

@Jonesd: Thanks!

@Gingermod: Just a rough estimate. Feel free to adjust the figures to your liking.

Ever heard of a "blockchain" ?
MissCrypto

Activity: 945
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:06:30 PM

This is sad, but not surprising at all. My condolences to everyone who lost their money. Entertaining thread nevertheless.

|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ |
moonpool

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:36:19 AM

When does Stage begin?

Wow guys, did I not call this out as a scam on page two? Why do people continue to fall for this stuff?

sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 12:58:01 AM

I feel bad for Anon136 that he was used by the scammer. I hope his reputation will not be ruined because of a stupid person.

Actually, to the contrary. If a scammer scoots and the escrow is left with the BTC, their reputation will go up ten fold when the money is returned back to the investors. The trust is only strengthened Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 01:00:49 AM

Has there been a legitimate IPO outside of Reddcoin?  I invested in the Reddcoin one, because I was convinced the devs were legit, but even then I was still worried I could be wrong.  Luckily, I was right.

However, every other IPO I've witnessed has ended up being a scam, in one way or another.

Heavycoin was a good IPO.

There are lots of them.... I wouldnt call an IPO a blanket scam. Like you I too went into the IPO of REDDcoin... they seemed to be making sense, including the 90 day distributed model. But in all honestly, I got plain lucky... I was probably 10 days old into the crypto world Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
JKBtCn

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:01:54 AM

To lift your spirits, go to NeXT Horizon (NHZ) blockchain and receive free coins with by their Easter Egg Hunt - very cool and innovative.

http://explorer.nhzcrypto.org/?page=easterEgg

EDIT: NHZ is a POS but has a server bounty system (SBS) that basically imitates "mining" if you establish a p2p node...still early...community is still small...resources coming along and devs are quite good. Happy Easter.

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
whitepaper

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:07:33 AM

hmmmm..... really?
MinerP

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:02:41 AM

anyone know how long it takes anon to return your btc?? been waiting almost 2 days now...
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:07:47 AM

anyone know how long it takes anon to return your btc?? been waiting almost 2 days now...

well yea 2 points. one is that im trying to process like a 100 messages a day. also some of you may have noticed blockchain.info was on the fritz today for some reason. so that really set me back. i had to try to process a few orders here and there for the brief moments when it was up and working properly.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
MinerP

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:10:58 AM

well yea 2 points. one is that im trying to process like a 100 messages a day. also some of you may have noticed blockchain.info was on the fritz today for some reason. so that really set me back. i had to try to process a few orders here and there for the brief moments when it was up and working properly.
ok no worries. thx for reply
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:16:46 AM

I feel bad for Anon136 that he was used by the scammer. I hope his reputation will not be ruined because of a stupid person.

Actually, to the contrary. If a scammer scoots and the escrow is left with the BTC, their reputation will go up ten fold when the money is returned back to the investors. The trust is only strengthened Smiley

This is very true.. i was so glad going through Anon for this.. left him great feedback.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:56:04 AM

all caught up guys! man that feels good. sorry to everyone who experienced delays. this is an intense amount of work but over all i still feel good about the whole arrangement. Smiley

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:57:10 AM

ok no worries. thx for reply

oh sure and i totally understand your concern. i get very worried also when ever i trust other people with money.

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:57:36 AM

this is my thought Smiley

blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:34:29 AM

this is my thought Smiley

I still lost the transaction fees, and escrow fee because of the scam. I would never participate in a scam even if there is an escrow.

To all who participated no need to be embarrassed. I was a simple act of theft. It was not stupidity.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:36:05 AM

here is a copy of all of my private correspondence with din in case it may be of assistance in the investigation. if any good samaritans would like to check the time stamps to make sure that i got everything in the right order i would be appreciative.

Hey, I wanted to know if you were interested in doing an Escrow for Edgecoin

To clarify, escrow opportunities will be around for stage 1 (10 days total) during the last 1-2 days depending on how well it does. Stages 2/3 will fully allow escrow.

Would be really awesome to have your support as your a huge name in this community! Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519856.0

are you the head of this project?

are you the head of this project?

Yes

So tell me are you wishing for me to interpret a contract? Or are you wanting to do something like exo_coin where i release funds upon customer request? i

So tell me are you wishing for me to interpret a contract? Or are you wanting to do something like exo_coin where i release funds upon customer request? i

Exo_coin situation

What type of contract were you thinking though?

basically if we went the contract route than you would provide me with a list of obligations to your customers. probably dealing with how your new coin would function,

what would be different about it from older versions, whether it was going to be new code or a fork, ect... and then there would be a 2 day period after the release of

the product for people to come forward with claims that you broke the contract. you and the claimant would try to settle your disagreements between yourselves. if you

could not than i would hear the case. if i ruled in your favor than you could keep the claimants bitcoins and his stake if i ruled in his favor than everyone would be

eligible for a refund.

i like the exo_coin method though. much simpler Smiley

if you still want to do it like i did with exo_coin than let me know and ill create a separate address specifically for this project.

basically if we went the contract route than you would provide me with a list of obligations to your customers. probably dealing with how your new coin would function,

what would be different about it from older versions, whether it was going to be new code or a fork, ect... and then there would be a 2 day period after the release of

the product for people to come forward with claims that you broke the contract. you and the claimant would try to settle your disagreements between yourselves. if you

could not than i would hear the case. if i ruled in your favor than you could keep the claimants bitcoins and his stake if i ruled in his favor than everyone would be

eligible for a refund.

i like the exo_coin method though. much simpler Smiley

if you still want to do it like i did with exo_coin than let me know and ill create a separate address specifically for this project.

Exo_coin it is. Just to remind you we're nearly finished with vital initial funding, in the next couple days (3-4) I will contact you and we can begin this Escrow era.

Thanks for the opportunity to work with you. If you could leave a positive comment on the thread and that you'll be offering Escrow for this Edgecoin in the next

couple days that would be greatly appreciated, so many trolls now a days lol.

i would be happy to. link the thread to me. i didnt get any hits searching "edge ann"

i would be happy to. link the thread to me. i didnt get any hits searching "edge ann"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519856.0

Actually I'm ready for Escrow now. Post that you're accepting escrow investments for Edgecoin pls Smiley

You can go forward and setup the EDG escrow address.

alrighty then

So right now users can withdraw/send their funds whenever they want correct? (presumably post-launch)

Haha, I wonder have you ever escrowed with a scammer who tried to make a profit split with you!  Cheesy

Once again, thank you for your services.

Hasn't happened yet.

You are very welcome.

Hasn't happened yet.

You are very welcome.

Wow, that's surprising actually.

As an "escrow man" your moral fortitude must be too strong to falter though.  Wink

Well i am a good person who believes in the sanctity of contracts but honestly, even if i wasn't, I think my reputation is legitimately more valuable than anything I

could scam in a 1 time deal.

Well i am a good person who believes in the sanctity of contracts but honestly, even if i wasn't, I think my reputation is legitimately more valuable than anything I

could scam in a 1 time deal.

Well the majority of this community is quite toxic..

I suppose reputation here can be important, you must make some nice btc doing escrow. Ever been involved in something big (your own coin maybe)?

Really you find them toxic? I love the community here. Most of them anyway. I just try really hard to treat people nicely and fairly as much as I can and I think it

comes back around. I think trying to start your own crypto draws out the trolls so maybe you have a skewed perspective.

I calculate my income so far at about somewhere between 7-15 dollars per hour. I decided to raise my price though (as you saw in your thread) so that may take it up a

bit.

I started to think about starting my own coin and then nxt came out that was pretty much everything i wanted my coin to be, so i jumped on that ship instead and got

very involved in the community there.

Really you find them toxic? I love the community here. Most of them anyway. I just try really hard to treat people nicely and fairly as much as I can and I think it

comes back around. I think trying to start your own crypto draws out the trolls so maybe you have a skewed perspective.

I calculate my income so far at about somewhere between 7-15 dollars per hour. I decided to raise my price though (as you saw in your thread) so that may take it up a

bit.

I started to think about starting my own coin and then nxt came out that was pretty much everything i wanted my coin to be, so i jumped on that ship instead and got

very involved in the community there.

You're right, my perspective is skewed. Are you saying you passively make 7-15 per hour every hour? Would be pretty impressive. I bet organizing escrows is a bitch

though.

No I'm not calculating it as passive. I'm trying to account for exactly how much time I put in and divide it by revenue. I haven't forced people to use digital

signatures until now though so im not sure exactly how that's going to effect things. It may make it much closer to passive than it has been in the past.

Fucking trolls man

Hey! So individuals must hand you their digital signatures to change their order right? Mind explaining how you find this, some people have been asking me questions.

Excuse my ignorance, thank you Smiley

sure are you using the satoshi client?

Get back to me about my question later

Thank you Smiley

"Din" account was banned due to over promoting Edgecoin (through messages). It was my mistake and we're working towards having the ban appealed, if it is not appealed

with 24 hours I will make a new thread. Everything else is the same, just message me on this account instead of "Din".
Message me here.

Anyway, still have the curiosity about the digital signatures!

Thank you.

Can you get back to me? Haven't seen you online in a few days.

what do you want to know about them? here is a wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signature

what do you want to know about them? here is a wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signature

You mentioned sending one over if you invested (to release/change funds), I would like to explain that to some other investors when you're not around. Where would they

get the digital signature for their investment transaction?

Excuse my ignorance on the subject.

sure so they will write a message such as "release btc to din" and then they will sign it with one of the bitcoin addresses that was used as an input in the

transaction which sent the bitcoins to my address. that way i will know for 100% sure that the person requesting that the bitcoins be sent somewhere is the owner of

the address that the bitcoins were sent from.

sure so they will write a message such as "release btc to din" and then they will sign it with one of the bitcoin addresses that was used as an input in the

transaction which sent the bitcoins to my address. that way i will know for 100% sure that the person requesting that the bitcoins be sent somewhere is the owner of

the address that the bitcoins were sent from.

I'm assuming you're not just referring to their address. Is the info regarding the "input addresses" in the transaction history? Would be great if I could point out

where the information is located to the sometimes frantic investors.

New thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=540017.0

To answer your question, no. I am not the only developer I am simply the graphic designer and thread moderator.

gotcha

Mind posting in the new thread saying you're doing escrow for stage 2? A lot of people get confused sadly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=540017.0

sure

MinerP

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:37:25 AM

I want to give a personal shout out to all the 'trolls' in this thread for giving me a heads up about a possible scam... If it wasn't for you guys i probably wouldn't have used an escrow THANK YOU. (The photoshop comparison was some good detective work!) This was actually my first time for using an escrow and I am glad I used it. 

NEXT TIME USE ANON136 FOR ESCROW FFS!!!!
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:40:39 AM

I want to give a personal shout out to all the 'trolls' in this thread for giving me a heads up about a possible scam... If it wasn't for you guys i probably wouldn't have used an escrow THANK YOU. (The photoshop comparison was some good detective work!) This was actually my first time for using an escrow and I am glad I used it. 

NEXT TIME USE ANON136 FOR ESCROW FFS!!!!

wow i feel like im some sort of condom. next time you have sex kids dont forget to wear an anon!

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: