Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:21:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Wallets Stolen By Hackers][We're Sorry][Contact Anon136 For Escrow]  (Read 77028 times)
scam_exposer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Keeping People Honest - Don't Get Scammed

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:50:27 PM

OKAY GUYS and GALS! ! ! !

LISTEN UP !!!!

I contacted the FBI - we will not need to contact Inter-pol - the FBI will do this for us.

HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO !!!!

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Go to the above FBI website and fill out the form
WE NEED EVERYBODY TO DO THIS!!

Attach as MUCH info as you can !!

Websites - forums - emails - chats - How much you lost in Coin and what the USD amt was at the time of the transaction - ANYTHING !!

The more info you supply the better chance they have to find this guy/gal scam'er.

I'm going to post this around but I need you to help spread the word and start filing the FBI form at the above link.

DO NOT LET THIS PERSON GET AWAY WITH THIS ! ! !

I really don't care how old or young this person is.
I want to see him/her/them HAULED OFF TO PRISON ! ! !

Please do you part and work with the FBI to bring this person in !!!

PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT THEY CANNOT GET AWAY WITH STEALING OUR PROPERTY ! !
(until Congress creates a law that say's it's a currency - it's property for now)

P.S. - The FBI knows what BTC and LTC is so make sure you include EVERYTHING !!!

dinEDG - their coming for you :-D

You have to be kidding.  Give the FBI all your information?  Good grief!  What are they going to do?  These scammers are not even in the United States and out of the jurisdiction of the FBI. 

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all ICO's are SCAMS
arandy

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:51:17 PM

We should pick this up as a community and get the coin going as originally intended. This thing still has alot going for it, if it would function as promised.

I say change the name create a team, and try to find a way to spread the coins nice and wide while giving the people who got scammed their hopes back.

If I would have had any programming skills I would have taken this on myself. A stable price would be the ultimate goal. ;-)

God I'm drunk pfffff
arandy

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:56:12 PM

The funny thing is we greedy basterds all felt it comming. And even their was talk about escrow we still invested directly to get the best bang for our buck :-P
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:59:39 PM

We should pick this up as a community and get the coin going as originally intended. This thing still has alot going for it, if it would function as promised.

I say change the name create a team, and try to find a way to spread the coins nice and wide while giving the people who got scammed their hopes back.

If I would have had any programming skills I would have taken this on myself. A stable price would be the ultimate goal. ;-)

God I'm drunk pfffff

That's actually a very good idea. I myself would be able to fork an X11 coin. But implementing POS to an X11 coin, that's out of my skills.
Untitled87

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:03:44 PM

LISTEN UP !!!!

I contacted the FBI - we will not need to contact Inter-pol - the FBI will do this for us.

Websites - forums - emails - chats - How much you lost in Coin and what the USD amt was at the time of the transaction - ANYTHING !!

The more info you supply the better chance they have to find this guy/gal scam'er.

I'm going to post this around but I need you to help spread the word and start filing the FBI form at the above link.

(until Congress creates a law that say's it's a currency - it's property for now)

P.S. - The FBI knows what BTC and LTC is so make sure you include EVERYTHING !!!

I've seen plenty of stupid posts today but this takes the cake
dellyz

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:14:52 PM

LISTEN UP !!!!

haha true
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:19:41 PM

The FBI can't do jack shit.
All it would take is the "developer" to hide their ip address and then they've got nothing.
Assuming they were dumb enough to not mask their location and they are located inside the united states, then you've got something. But the chances of that are quite slim.

Again, what is the total amount invested in this coin (non-escrow)?

It's time we took action not against scammers but against BCT.

arandy

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:20:31 PM

Coin te author=Evilish link=topic=540017.msg6273107#msg6273107 date=1397771979]

God I'm drunk pfffff

That's actually a very good idea. I myself would be able to fork an X11 coin. But implementing POS to an X11 coin, that's out of my skills.
[/quote]

The key is distribution to allot of people. A massive free Coin registry with a kind of lotto effect distributing 50% of all coins minus the ipo refund amount would be a great start. No whales for the first 50% could make it bigger as bitcoin.

Still drunk but also stoned now, when I'm like this I shit gold eggs. At least I think I am ;-)
Deviant1

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:21:07 PM

Sorry to say but the money is gone for good and nobody can do a thing about it. I'm sure the "dev" used open wifi and/or proxies and/or tor so there is no way to track him down. He is also most likely in some third world shithole of a country where paying the right people pretty much gives you the freedom to do whatever you please.
IParn

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:21:40 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 08:03:20 PM by IParn

Limecoin donation in support of edgecoin investors

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575094.0

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:27:57 PM

I knew it, this guy promised heaven on earth within a short time. Are people out of there mind?  Open beta that only newbies account have accessed to?  Sending spam pm soliciting for investment?  To those that invested directly, you are greedy and you deserved to lose your money.

You've touched on the real skill that makes for a good scam detector: knowing code, knowing how to code, and having some experience coding. An experienced coder, I'm sure, can spot someone who "promise{s} heaven on earth in a short time."

Maybe it's because I got sucked in, but I was wondering if the original poster was a kid who thought he could 'bootstrap' his big idea by hiring a real dev to code it for him in his timeframe - and who then vamoosed because he got turned down.

On the other hand, his behaviour pattern fits a scammer who covered his backside in preparation for pulling off for another scam...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:28:43 PM

I asked Anon for a refund.

Too sad there are so many scams around here.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:31:51 PM

I was calling this an IPO scam from the beginning. Do you really think you could exchange coins in a wallet without entering any account details? Sad that I was right about this one too. A lot of shill going around
arandy

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:34:18 PM

I knew it, this guy promised heaven on earth within a short time. Are people out of there mind?  Open beta that only newbies account have accessed to?  Sending spam pm soliciting for investment?  To those that invested directly, you are greedy and you deserved to lose your money.

You've touched on the real skill that makes for a good scam detector: knowing code, knowing how to code, and having some experience coding. An experienced coder, I'm sure, can spot someone who "promise{s} heaven on earth in a short time."

Maybe it's because I got sucked in, but I was wondering if the original poster was a kid who thought he could 'bootstrap' his big idea by hiring a real dev to code it for him in his timeframe - and who then vamoosed because he got turned down.

On the other hand, his behaviour pattern fits a scammer who covered his backside in preparation for pulling off for another scam...

We all felt that but I it where to be true this coin would have been the bomb.

I'm no coder but the whole things looks pretty doable. Create a direct buy / sell for usd in the wallet and have a direct link to a private trading environment would be killer.
irpilot

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:34:33 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/83092-the-more-you-know-meme-xfbC.jpeg
kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:35:45 PM

I really don't think it's a bad idea...

Also, it's a little coincidental that your account was registered about the same time as dinEDG and you've been promoting the coin from the beginning. Between that and your swift responses to get everyone to just "forget about it because all the money is gone" is getting suspicious.

EDIT: And all these newbie accounts popping up telling us how impossible it would be to track down the developers just looks like damage control to me. Seems like they're trying to dissuade any type of investigation...

Jarod1231

Activity: 951
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:36:03 PM

Hate to say I told you so.... but.......

All I have to say is this: Escrow not allowed + Adobe AfterEffects =

69.5 BTC

Try again
http://edgecoin.info/invest.html

Also are you telling me that video was entirely doctored in AE? Damn, that would sure as hell be tedious Cheesy

If I can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQPhEzepSnw&list=PL7050CF1583F023D0&feature=share&index=7 in 40 hours for chump change, I sure as hell could make a fake wallet video in the same amount of time (Actually considerably less time because it doesn't require greenscreening) for 69.5 BTC

Sounds good man, I would love to see you make this client mockup. Make sure to add cursor movements, text boxes (animate the text writing), dialog boxes, and lower right hand corner app messages (like when the transaction was received in the video)

Good luck! Smiley

binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:36:12 PM

When does Stage begin?

This is quoted from the second page.

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:37:48 PM

So you're using the fact that I didn't post in this thread against me?  There are coins launched everyday.  I can't keep up with them all.

I might be a pretentious asshole but I've never pushed anything.  

You are right that this whole altcoin thing is a mess.  Believe it or not, I only want for cryptocurrency to succeed.  I can't take anymore of these scams.  Whether or not I'm out any btc is besides the point.  I mine and I trade cryptocurrency and this crap is hurting them all so in a way everyone is losing money because of these scams.  Damn I'm mad.  Anyone want to have a drink with me?  I need to calm down before I have a heart attack.

Rather than snarking, I'll pass along a little life lesson I've both seen and experienced: if you hold yourself up as a champion, you run the risk of being dismissed out of hand as someone with an axe to grind or a grudge.

That's if you're lucky!

If you're less than lucky, people will take you at your word. Then, you find out quickly that you're blamed when you don't live up to the other fellas' high hopes!

Tears for your beers. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

louiseth1
Legendary

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:39:28 PM

When does Stage begin?

This is quoted from the second page.

Rofl.

Another coin that gives out poor reasons to gox their users.

C'mon guys... find us some new scams, new reasons. The good ol "We got hacked" ain't working anymore.

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: