Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:09:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PoS] Edgecoin - Marketplace - Gambling - Advanced Wallet - 15hrs IPO stage 1  (Read 37164 times)
Din (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:32:00 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 04:57:10 AM by Din

Stage 1 ends on the 27th at 4PM EST

In order to avoid the perils of premine we’ve decided to implement
an IPO (Initial Public Offering) system. 15% of the coins will be
alotted to investors. The following is a visual representation
of the two investing phases:
Stage 1 (10 days) - Stage 2 (20 days)

20% of the BTC and LTC we accumulate will be distributed to our
developmental team as immediate payment for services and
initial time investments. 30% will go towards subsidizing the
creation of edgecoin. The remaining 50% exists to aid in
the implementation of various services and advertising.

The wallet is still in early beta and there's a lot of things to fix up/optimize - Give feedback so we can perfect this for you!
Videos will be updated to reflect changes/improvements
Trading/Mining demo - Soon

Email us at edg@tech-center.com (once) if you would like to participate in
our 0.05% giveaway. All we ask in return is your support, this does
NOT mean spamming/excessively posting in this thread. This is an
off-site giveaway, completely rule abiding. Also, 50k EDG will be awarded
if you can translate this thread into any one of the language boards
on this forum. Simply message us the translated text and we’ll take
care of the posting.

Remember, a lot of the images and titles you see in this thread link
back to our site where you will find the majority of your concerns satisfied.
Up until launch day we will be very actively monitoring this thread. After EDG
 launches and everything is steady our interaction will be limited
 however we’ll definitely be here to mend any issues that come up.
For the time being, feel free to ask away and assist
us in building a fanastic new coin.

Identity
Due to a lot of concern I've decided to reveal my identity. My other team mates are not online at the moment, when they are I'll entice them to take this serious step forward.

Thomas Brown - Graphic Designer/Support/Thread moderator
Investor List
Remember the IPO is proportional
http://puu.sh/7AuMO/d8588e5dae.png
To clarify, as of now (3/18/14) our very first and currently only investor holds 100% of the coins.
This is no longer the case as we have more investors, just to clear the confusion the first investor
does not permanently hold 100% of EDG

Escrow Update:
Funding now is always better and more helpful than later, but it's our mission to satisfy investors. If you still hold a modicum of
doubt concerning EDG, use an escrow!

You can invest in our direct wallet or choose to contact one of the many trusted escrow users on this forum like Anon136

You are allowed to release your funds whenever, this includes right before or after launch. If you make an Escrow investment now (3/17 - 3/27) it will fall within Stage 1.

We're considering slightly improving the reward for direct investors who take the biggest risk, voice your opinion!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519856.msg5841886#msg5841886

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Din (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:40:35 PM

Currently on standby to answer any questions or concerns Smiley
oxgroth

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:43:42 PM

seems it has all the things to make a coin to be a real success, except if its not another shiny IPO scam.
I`d like to see resaults first to make an investment, if you could actually make this coin with implemented exchange into wallet.

I wish you best of luck

❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱          O W N R   W A L L E T      |     Buy crypto at reasonable rates     |     BTC, ETH & other coins          ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱            TWITTER       FACEBOOK          ✔ Licensed service          TELEGRAM   INSTAGRAM            ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
●     Store, send, receive and exchange crypto     |     VISA   ●● mastercard   S€PA   [[[] UnionPay     ●
Din (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:45:58 PM

seems it has all the things to make a coin to be a real success, except if its not another shiny IPO scam.
I`d like to see resaults first to make an investment, if you could actually make this coin with implemented exchange into wallet.

I wish you best of luck

As mentioned in the OP near the bottom, we will be releasing a video. The first one will cover the basic sending of a transaction with a message attached, just a very straight forward demonstration. A couple days after that we'll be showing off the workings of the trade and mining (cgminer) tabs.
oxgroth

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:54:54 PM

Just give us a demo wallet, that would be great enough to consider investing. It looks to good to be true mate, video is not acceptable

❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱          O W N R   W A L L E T      |     Buy crypto at reasonable rates     |     BTC, ETH & other coins          ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱            TWITTER       FACEBOOK          ✔ Licensed service          TELEGRAM   INSTAGRAM            ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
●     Store, send, receive and exchange crypto     |     VISA   ●● mastercard   S€PA   [[[] UnionPay     ●
oxgroth

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:56:56 PM

This coin combines everything, i have dreamed for in a coin. If its real and you make it real, this will be the coin to make it compete truely with btc, for now! I can give u fresh ideas PM me

Din (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:59:03 PM

Just give us a demo wallet, that would be great enough to consider investing. It looks to good to be true mate, video is not acceptable

Unfortunately we can't distribute the functioning wallet around as that would give many individuals the potential to premine.

The first video (2-3 days from now) will display the wallet and a test transaction. Besides that, we'll be here to update everyone on the coming developments.
spankyminer

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:08:17 PM

Seems exactly like stackcoin + video.

2edgy4me
Din (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:09:52 PM

2edgy4me

The events of stackcoin will continue to plague future IPO coins. However, I don't recall stackcoin releasing a functioning demo video, just some incomplete PS mockups.

IPO's have their ups and downs, we'd like to remind people that there have been very successful coins out of it such as NXT and Redd
edok

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:14:28 PM

2edgy4me

The events of stackcoin will continue to plague future IPO coins. However, I don't recall stackcoin releasing a functioning demo video, just some incomplete PS mockups.

Scammers will have to one-up each other to stay ahead. Not saying this is a scam, but just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it's not. I'll be watching for more info.

Exocoin is using Anon136 for Escrow. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467.1160

Would you consider doing the same to assure your investors?

SonofPegasus

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:16:03 PM

Guardedly Optimistic
Din (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:16:50 PM

2edgy4me

Scammers will have to one-up each other to stay ahead. Not saying this is a scam, but just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it's not. I'll be watching for more info.

Exocoin is using Anon136 for Escrow. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467.1160

Would you consider doing the same to assure your investors?

http://edgecoin.info/invest.html - Regarding your escrow question scroll down to "Note:"

We'd be happy to answer further questions so please ask away, changes can also be made.
edok

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:24:20 PM

http://edgecoin.info/invest.html - Regarding your escrow question scroll down to "Note:"

We'd be happy to answer further questions so please ask away, changes can also be made.

It would be helpful to know when the first phase ends and what info will be provided each phase so the investor can properly evaluate the the risk involved. I'm assuming the video will be released before phase 1 is over, will there be any other materials released before then?

Din (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:29:13 PM

It would be helpful to know when the first phase ends and what info will be provided each phase so the investor can properly evaluate the the risk involved. I'm assuming the video will be released before phase 1 is over, will there be any other materials released before then?

Each phase will last 10 days, added the information, sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, the first video will be here around 2-3 days from now, the second video will be here in the same increment of time after the first video (2-3 days). If you feel there is a need for further materials, let us know and we'll be able to release some explanation for some of our features (mining/trading/messaging).
oxgroth

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:34:30 PM

Dont start with investment phases, because we wont go to other phases

DLow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:34:58 PM

launch date?

edit: also please increase the block time.
Din (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:36:08 PM

launch date?

http://edgecoin.info/faq.html - In regards to your question

The date isn't concrete, but likely 1-1.5 months from now. It all depends on how much funding we pull.

About the block time: This is something we've definitely been considering, seeing as the mining phase will be short we don't see it being a long term problem, you'll likely get more orphans during the first days but that's not a terrible outcome. Mintcoin did very well with its blocktime.
Din (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:39:20 PM

Dont start with investment phases, because we wont go to other phases

You
don't have to. It benefits early investors (the ones who take the biggest risk), it's only fair that such individuals receive a larger compensation. Plus, many people won't be on to EDG until latter phases. We're just trying to include as many people as possible.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:42:03 PM

who is doing the escrow for this?

Din (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:43:12 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 09:56:36 PM by Din

who is doing the escrow for this?

http://edgecoin.info/invest.html - As mentioned earlier, information regarding escrows is here Smiley

Hoping to get Anon136 involved when the time comes. You can of course use btcrow.com as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: