Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:26:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Wallets Stolen By Hackers][We're Sorry][Contact Anon136 For Escrow]  (Read 77028 times)
loljosh

Activity: 751
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:20:24 PM

Beta wallet had a trojan. People who downloaded the beta version kindly scan your computers and encrypt all your wallets.

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
davs

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:22:39 PM

Someone did made this interview presumably, maybe he knows something more about this scamer.

http://coinchomp.com/2014/03/30/edgecoin-interview-innovative-custom-client-wallet/
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:28:06 PM

Knew it was a scam from the start. Congrats to the dev though, for making a new record. Cheesy
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:33:52 PM

Im 16 and i lost .125 ...almost all i had:(

Myself, I lost 0.4 BTC or less than $150. The sting gets easier if you think of it in dollar terms. Smiley

So I've been had. I actually sent several hours going through the more notorious of the scam threads, and I thought that watching the tricks would be enough preparatory due diligence. Yep, I thought I knew how to spot 'em but evidently I didn't. Thankfully, something inside my head said "watch it" so I cut my initial spend down to 0.4 BTC.

Live and learn...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

left-ca

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:34:49 PM

Myself, I lost 0.4 BTC or less than $150. The sting gets easier if you think of it in dollar terms. Smiley

So I've been had. I actually sent several hours going through the more notorious of the scam threads, and I thought that watching the tricks would be enough preparatory due diligence. Yep, I thought I knew how to spot 'em but evidently I didn't. Thankfully, something inside my head said "watch it" so I cut my initial spend down to 0.4 BTC.

Live and learn...

True, looking back .125 was a small price to pay for an experience like this
yadivs60

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:35:51 PM

You can pretty much detect his laughter and sarcasm behind his writing ... look at the wording he uses, it's ridiculous.  Seems he thinks highly of himself for pulling this scam off.  

Add this to the list of scam IPO's:

Stackcoin
DuckDuckcoin
Qoracoin
Promethium

Don't forget jacobux, sevoque and wolong's classic IPO scamcoin, PANDA!

And you can add exocoin by tomorrow
Untitled87

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:36:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J5PDPtLsuM
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:41:58 PM

Beta wallet had a trojan. People who downloaded the beta version kindly scan your computers and encrypt all your wallets.

Figures. As soon as I saw how "thin" the client was, I fired up Malwarebytes. Been running it for 2 hours and 20 min. so far.

I.e.: I'm doing a full scan of every drive with Malwarebytes.

Also, I used Eraser to chew up the Edgecoin "app," the .rar file and the supposedly empty Edgecoin folder in AppData/Roaming. Right now, Eraser is erasing the whole of my Recycle Bin.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

hardwork

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:42:56 PM

Live and learn...

.75 stings a little more, but yeah can still smile.. Wink
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:43:08 PM

Live and learn...

Yeah...it's much better than losing $10,000 fifteen years from now in a penny stock scam. Hopefully, you're inoculated. Smiley

azhago

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:43:33 PM

glad i didn't break my "never get into ipo" rule

First and last IPO for ma.

Of course, always easy to say "i told you so" afterwards... but pretty elaborated scam.

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:46:36 PM

glad i didn't break my "never get into ipo" rule

First and last IPO for ma.

Of course, always easy to say "i told you so" afterwards... but pretty elaborated scam.

Yeah, it was! The guy hit my Achilles' heel; I'm a sucker for enthusiasm. Oddly, the fellow wasn't silver-tongued glib like the others in his category.

JPGagnon

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:51:01 PM

I'm truly sorry for everyone who lost money today. No matter how many "I told you so" people will write here, nothing will change the fact that some people are the scum of the earth.

There were many signs (Mine was the fact that he wasn't bothering with updating the IPO page, he was saying it would take hours every day (which it doesn't obviously), and the wallet honestly looked incredibly fake even with a video).

That doesn't change that this is all fucking terrible and I feel for you, don't let the haters who are laughing get to you and be incredibly careful in the future.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:51:20 PM

I downloaded the rar, but never extracted it. Should I be okay if I just delete it?

pandacoin-official

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:53:05 PM

I downloaded the rar, but never extracted it. Should I be okay if I just delete it?

Only running the executable would have been hurtful. Deleting it should be fine.

precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:56:54 PM

Only running the executable would have been hurtful. Deleting it should be fine.

Oh thank god that I am at school when this happened before I ran the executable.... One time password protected launches saved me! Knew my parents were wise when said to stay in school but never this..... Cheesy

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:59:10 PM

I'm truly sorry for everyone who lost money today. No matter how many "I told you so" people will write here, nothing will change the fact that some people are the scum of the earth.

There were many signs (Mine was the fact that he wasn't bothering with updating the IPO page, he was saying it would take hours every day (which it doesn't obviously), and the wallet honestly looked incredibly fake even with a video).

That doesn't change that this is all fucking terrible and I feel for you, don't let the haters who are laughing get to you and be incredibly careful in the future.

Thanks for your kind words and tips. Much better than the I-told-you-so's. Smiley

drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:00:25 PM

GUYS, you need to call the FBI and get the Edgecoin dev taken down.  All of these scams are illegal and you just need to call enough times to the FBI so they can put these thieves in jail.
scam_exposer

Activity: 252

Keeping People Honest - Don't Get Scammed

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:01:47 PM

There are f*cking retards who go after decent launches with low difficulty, attack Mazacoin devs and founders, smear developers like Evan Duffeld, Auroracoin devs and meantime faggots like this OP get away time after time.

Pretty sure some of the scam exposers etc are part of all this scam too.

I hope you're not referring to me because I have never scammed anyone.  I feel sorry for the people that lost btc and for what these scammers are doing to the reputation of cryptocurrency as a whole.  Some of these people that got scammed will leave and never come back and they will tell anyone that will listen that cryptocurrency is nothing more than ponzi schemes and scammers preying on the weak.  That hurts all of us.

Something needs to be done but I don't know what it is.  But with the way things are going with all these scams and worthless crap coins launching everyday.  The entire alcoin world will eventually implode leaving just a few strong coins surviving.  Which might be a good thing long term.    

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all ICO's are SCAMS
MissX3M

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:03:32 PM

GUYS, you need to call the FBI and get the Edgecoin dev taken down.  All of these scams are illegal and you just need to call enough times to the FBI so they can put these thieves in jail.

Uhh..you only need prepaid mobile broadband&underground mixing service to clean BTC.

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: