Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:50:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN/INFO] CARDSMITHS - CURRENCY SERIES 1 TRADING CARDS  (Read 23334 times)
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

Activity: 961
Merit: 397

View Profile
February 20, 2023, 05:08:39 AM

Regarding Mr. Stacey's card #45  Beryl 159 error. I have spoken to another collector who owns a #45 beryll and his has the correct 149 on it. SOOOO this proves that not all 149 cards have the error. Still dont know if its the lone error card. But this is by far the best error card Ive seen. Great card.

Hoping this week brings the base card redemption program. Super excited about this. What will it be? Some new super rare card?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinageMint

Activity: 478
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 20, 2023, 08:13:56 AM

Regarding Mr. Stacey's card #45  Beryl 159 error. I have spoken to another collector who owns a #45 beryll and his has the correct 149 on it. SOOOO this proves that not all 149 cards have the error. Still dont know if its the lone error card. But this is by far the best error card Ive seen. Great card.

Hoping this week brings the base card redemption program. Super excited about this. What will it be? Some new super rare card?
Thank you for posting this info, it’s good proof that this is not an error that effects the whole beryl batch of this particular card.

Hello everyone.  Good afternoon.  Heard about a card burn from a collector on ebay.  Found this thread after some google searches and decided to join the fun.  Been in the hobby for awhile but I like Bitcoin also.  This set is cool.  Will probably see yall in the the trade section also.  My ebay is the same as this one.  Thanks to anyone who has dealt with me.  Has anyone got any cards graded by Beckett or tried?  They wouldnt grade one of my cards about 2 months ago stating it was unlicensed.  I didnt ask Beckett any questions but maybe they were not familiar with this set since Cardsmiths is a new company. I did send an email to Cardsmiths concerning the matter but did not hear back. Cheers

Andrew

Welcome and thank you for the info

I was going to try HGA grading.  They seem more chill.  Plus they do custom slabs to match card.  Will make those serial number Refractor types shine.  But... psa is still king.  You lose value not going with psa so hga for personal collection.

I like Beckett mostly because they put a sleeve on the card.  Would like to know if anyone got any cards graded by PSA succesfully.  Custom slabs sound cool. Will do some research on those other companies.  Thanks for the feedback.

PSA grading was briefly discussed here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5406560.msg61188610#msg61188610
xSlyy
Copper Member

Activity: 315
Merit: 126

All you need is... Bitcoin

View Profile
February 21, 2023, 07:55:45 PM
Merited by minerjones (2), Todamont (1)

Thanks for linking my post CoinageMint! Yes, unfortunately for those who want the premium that a PSA slab comes with, we'll have to keep waiting. They still see this as unlicensed.

I started my Cardsmiths philantropy! I left the BitcoinCrunch card in my grocery store cereal isle a few weeks ago but forgot to take a picture. And for those who collect Cardsmiths we really have to start spreading the word in a grassroots style. I listened to SimplyBitcoin's podcast today and they are shilling their Bitcoin Orange Pill cards HARD.

This second card was left in the Virgin Islands  Smiley

montreal1

Activity: 269
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 21, 2023, 08:20:15 PM

Thanks for linking my post CoinageMint! Yes, unfortunately for those who want the premium that a PSA slab comes with, we'll have to keep waiting. They still see this as unlicensed.

I started my Cardsmiths philantropy! I left the BitcoinCrunch card in my grocery store cereal isle a few weeks ago but forgot to take a picture. And for those who collect Cardsmiths we really have to start spreading the word in a grassroots style. I listened to SimplyBitcoin's podcast today and they are shilling their Bitcoin Orange Pill cards HARD.

This second card was left in the Virgin Islands  Smiley

that's awesome Cool
It would be nice to see a small booth at bitcoin conferences, sponsoring events, online advertising, giveaways, etc but I know that all costs money. Regardless, these seem to have a growing following
BTCOVERFIATS

Activity: 492
Merit: 43

Holder of last resort

View Profile
February 21, 2023, 09:35:41 PM

Although the Cardsmiths Currency series has nicer quality cards overall, I believe the BTC Trading Cards company is going to "out market" the Cardsmiths and become the King of Bitcoin cards.

BTC Trading Cards have some huge things in the works and they will be the number 1 Bitcoin cards makers in the near future in my opinion. Their series 2 is going to be released at the 2023 Bitcoin conference and I imagine the quality will be ever better.

Marketing is very important IMO and the founder of the BTC Trading Card company knows this

If you didn't buy a box of the Series 1 BTC Trading Cards "Orange Pill in a Pack" I think you slept on an amazing steal while not many people know they even exist

FIAT IS DEAD TO ME. BITCOIN IS MULTI-GENERATIONAL SAVINGS. FEW UNDERSTAND. BITCOIN ONLY, NO SHITCOINS.
montreal1

View Profile
February 21, 2023, 11:09:13 PM

Although the Cardsmiths Currency series has nicer quality cards overall, I believe the BTC Trading Cards company is going to "out market" the Cardsmiths and become the King of Bitcoin cards.

BTC Trading Cards have some huge things in the works and they will be the number 1 Bitcoin cards makers in the near future in my opinion. Their series 2 is going to be released at the 2023 Bitcoin conference and I imagine the quality will be ever better.

Marketing is very important IMO and the founder of the BTC Trading Card company knows this

If you didn't buy a box of the Series 1 BTC Trading Cards "Orange Pill in a Pack" I think you slept on an amazing steal while not many people know they even exist

that would be interesting! personally I'm only interested in cardsmiths, but I do like that there's another company out there. more is better.
Mrstacy
Copper Member

Activity: 1246
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 21, 2023, 11:12:36 PM

The topps 2018 83 cryptocurrency card is the undisputed heavyweight champion.   I'm selling both the 83 and cardsmiths in hope it gains traction from the 83 card fan base.  The musk serial number cards have sold well over 400 dollars. Once the swap gets going,  it could generate a new level of interest

Cardsmiths cards I'm seeing have more than their share of  edge wear and centering issues, but in long term that may favor those holding near mint cards.

Happy collecting whatever card you go with

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

https://diviproject.org/
PreciousMetapsICT

Activity: 868
Merit: 178

Thank God Runes solved Bitcoins fee problem! lmao

View Profile
February 22, 2023, 03:33:36 AM

You can out market all you want, but without the chance of redemptions- cardsmiths destroys those gimmicky pill in a pack cards
CoinageMint

View Profile
February 22, 2023, 05:51:35 AM

You can out market all you want, but without the chance of redemptions- cardsmiths destroys those gimmicky pill in a pack cards
Agreed, a crypto card product needs cryptocurrency redemptions cards, I think Cardsmiths have placed these cards perfectly too (1 per case)
The total run is quite small too (2152 cases if I remember correctly)

I checked out the Orange Pill cards and thought a lot about placing an order but decided it would be better just to buy more Cardsmiths boxes

I admit there does seem to be lots of different “error” cards with this 1st series of currency cards, things like centring issues, same cards with a different color shade, etc. Some of the errors will make cards worth more, others less.
Let’s hope these sell out soon and we see a series 2 released later this year
Todamont

Activity: 599
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 23, 2023, 06:41:55 AM

> Series 1 BTC Trading Cards "Orange Pill in a Pack"

Wow, those are pretty cool. Anyone have a base set? hahaha. It looks like they don't have holos/sparkles/refractors though, maybe could be thought of as a less-advanced predecessor to the Cardsmith's card set. I had never heard of the Topps card either, very interesting! You guys are triggering my feverish collector's habit, here.
DirtyBirdE
Copper Member

Activity: 202
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 23, 2023, 04:53:15 PM

Just had 3 more packs delivered. I weighed them on my trusty lil scale, two packs weight 43.9g and one weighed 44.4g. The 44.4g had a redemption in it!
JUPITYR

Activity: 463
Merit: 74

View Profile
February 23, 2023, 10:59:22 PM

Great discussion!  Certainly, we did our best to try and eliminate errors and printing QC, but you'll never get a perfect run.  Even Panini struggles with centering and frayed edges on their Prizms and refractors.  The thicker materials make it harder for the machines to cut cleanly.  So it's a bit of a trade off.  Thicker materials or easy to cut sheets.

Regarding the /159 Beryl.  We generally have to remake certain refractor sheets several times due to all of the various challenges with combing the various materials.  On top of that, the Cardsmiths "C" logo foil-stamping is done at another vendor, so if they came back with a problem, we had to reprint and resend the sheets back to them for stamping.

In the end, the /159 likely came from a late sheet that was remade at least once.  When the person went to apply the numbers on that late sheet, they apparently set the /XXX for the wrong value.  The first number, which is certainly most critical, were correct and never duplicated. 
JUPITYR

View Profile
February 23, 2023, 10:59:39 PM
Merited by xSlyy (1)

Just had 3 more packs delivered. I weighed them on my trusty lil scale, two packs weight 43.9g and one weighed 44.4g. The 44.4g had a redemption in it!

Awesome!!  Smiley
CoinageMint

View Profile
February 24, 2023, 09:39:26 AM

Great discussion!  Certainly, we did our best to try and eliminate errors and printing QC, but you'll never get a perfect run.  Even Panini struggles with centering and frayed edges on their Prizms and refractors.  The thicker materials make it harder for the machines to cut cleanly.  So it's a bit of a trade off.  Thicker materials or easy to cut sheets.

Regarding the /159 Beryl.  We generally have to remake certain refractor sheets several times due to all of the various challenges with combing the various materials.  On top of that, the Cardsmiths "C" logo foil-stamping is done at another vendor, so if they came back with a problem, we had to reprint and resend the sheets back to them for stamping.

In the end, the /159 likely came from a late sheet that was remade at least once.  When the person went to apply the numbers on that late sheet, they apparently set the /XXX for the wrong value.  The first number, which is certainly most critical, were correct and never duplicated. 
Thank you for the information, very helpful.

Between here and eBay there is quite a few collectors of this product, and I am sure some others we don’t know about, still it is odd many of the holofoil MR cards have not been seen yet.
Can Cardsmiths guarantee that all MR cards were released in HF? I only ask this due to the CS meta-rare mix up
JUPITYR

View Profile
February 24, 2023, 10:48:59 AM
Merited by minerjones (1), DdmrDdmr (1), Mrstacy (1), geophphreigh (1), PreciousMetapsICT (1), xSlyy (1)

OK folks.....the Currency Series 1 Redemption Program is now live!

https://cardsmiths.com/pages/redemption-program
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
February 24, 2023, 02:28:24 PM

Wow. More awesome than I hoped for. You have my full attention

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

montreal1

View Profile
February 24, 2023, 02:35:01 PM

can't wait to see them Cool
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
February 24, 2023, 05:12:14 PM

can't wait to see them Cool

So far, I like the gold ones best, but all the serial number ones are cool

xSlyy
Copper Member

Activity: 315
Merit: 126

All you need is... Bitcoin

View Profile
February 24, 2023, 07:42:26 PM

After submitting the online form for a base set redemption are we to immediately ship these to the given address? Or wait for a confirmation email explaining shipping instructions? I assume the latter because first come first serve wouldn’t work if 63 people sent in their base sets. I’m sure this is the case but Jupityr clarifying here might help!
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

Activity: 961
Merit: 397

View Profile
February 24, 2023, 08:22:53 PM

After submitting the online form for a base set redemption are we to immediately ship these to the given address? Or wait for a confirmation email explaining shipping instructions? I assume the latter because first come first serve wouldn’t work if 63 people sent in their base sets. I’m sure this is the case but Jupityr clarifying here might help!

I believe i read somewhere to wait for response.i wonder how long these take to sell out. Im betting were close to halfway there.  Now the race to fill another set.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: