Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:09:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency  (Read 226328 times)
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:22:39 PM

I'm not sure I would class some of those countries as 'major' ... but there is a general sense now that bitcoins are leaving the USA, and at an accelerating rate.

You are correcct. It has not spread across a lot of countries. But not all the major countries , cant say that. But it has become a little more reputed now. I hope it becomes more popular and spreads across the whole globe so that all people can witness its brilliance and promising future plans.

Even if a person lives at some part of the world where he cannot have internet or something, it doesn't matter. Even with modest SMS messaging on your basic phone, you can transact business globally. You are the bank. Buy, sell and trade worldwide, with no banking fees. No car, debit card or ID required. Like a boss Wink

So all the people saying that bitcoin cannot be reached into third world countries because they don't have the appropriate infrastructure, they just need knowledge about it and a social offering by a trading company which should take it as an opportunity of business to help people without smartphones set up their wallets and then give them access through basic sms phones. A

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Terabot

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:24:25 PM

It is already a global currency we are just very early to adopt it.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 03:31:02 PM

I'm not sure I would class some of those countries as 'major' ... but there is a general sense now that bitcoins are leaving the USA, and at an accelerating rate.

You are correcct. It has not spread across a lot of countries. But not all the major countries , cant say that. But it has become a little more reputed now. I hope it becomes more popular and spreads across the whole globe so that all people can witness its brilliance and promising future plans.

Even if a person lives at some part of the world where he cannot have internet or something, it doesn't matter. Even with modest SMS messaging on your basic phone, you can transact business globally. You are the bank. Buy, sell and trade worldwide, with no banking fees. No car, debit card or ID required. Like a boss Wink

So all the people saying that bitcoin cannot be reached into third world countries because they don't have the appropriate infrastructure, they just need knowledge about it and a social offering by a trading company which should take it as an opportunity of business to help people without smartphones set up their wallets and then give them access through basic sms phones. A
Yes they need a devices that can have a wallet so that they can stored they coins, but i think third world country can't adopt bitcoin right now maybe some day.
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 03:35:28 PM

When bitcoin was early develop, who does expected that it can be the valuable currency just like now. IMO many investor is look bitcoin has a good prospect from their view so it gain more value & trust. Just keep in faith and hold bitcoin because it surely become a good investment on the future
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:41:51 AM

Yes they need a devices that can have a wallet so that they can stored they coins, but i think third world country can't adopt bitcoin right now maybe some day.

There is a huge market out there for so many wallet companies and for so many companies which are bitcoin enthusiasts, they should take some real developement measures to gain this audience and benefit from the rise. Better marketing will lead to smarter adoption bringing in much revenue. It is an advantage for all the bitcoin users so we should support such a cause.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:41:50 PM

There is a huge market out there for so many wallet companies and for so many companies which are bitcoin enthusiasts, they should take some real developement measures to gain this audience and benefit from the rise. Better marketing will lead to smarter adoption bringing in much revenue. It is an advantage for all the bitcoin users so we should support such a cause.
Yeah we all know that company with a business with bitcoin are do things that can affect the growth rate of annual income of their company, Yes company are so very enthusiastic with bitcoin, but some of company do bad things to earn bitcoin, so we can say that we can't depend on company.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:57:13 PM

When bitcoin was early develop, who does expected that it can be the valuable currency just like now. IMO many investor is look bitcoin has a good prospect from their view so it gain more value & trust. Just keep in faith and hold bitcoin because it surely become a good investment on the future

As of now also no country is officially accepting bitcoin as a currency. It is still a new technology so just invest very small % to take advantage if it grows. But do not put all your savings here.
devil11

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 05:07:59 PM

Hmm...thats will become great for all the Bitcoin users Smiley Smiley
newcripto

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:06:31 PM

As of now also no country is officially accepting bitcoin as a currency. It is still a new technology so just invest very small % to take advantage if it grows. But do not put all your savings here.
Here I must say your information is little outdated.Australia is the first country which begins to accept Bitcoin as currency.Just few days ago they officially announced that Bitcoin will be recognized as currency from now onward in Australia.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:11:56 PM

Here I must say your information is little outdated.Australia is the first country which begins to accept Bitcoin as currency.Just few days ago they officially announced that Bitcoin will be recognized as currency from now onward in Australia.
This is really good news for us early adapters. I'm confident that by 2020, those who save 10% of their assets in bitcoins today will end up becoming wealthy. I think all of us early adapters are very lucky to get into this now.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:19:54 PM

It was more like a recommendation from a committee, not?

bitcollins85

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:43:22 PM

Bitcoin will gradually evolve, so it really could transform into Global Currency . What we see here are the first baby steps of that currency.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:43:32 AM

What most investors don't get about Bitcoin we're on the edge of creating a truly single global currency backed by the full faith of the world.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 02:51:25 AM

Yeah I think bitcoin is especially usefull for people in developing countries.
I mean, they can earn the equivalent of a months wage by doing online jobs for bitcoin for example.

Plus if the price rises, they can get a lot of value out of that.

Insertion

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 03:12:02 AM

Bitcoin is definitely virtual currency and it is definitely an interesting concept. The problem with Bitcoin is that unlike the dollar, gold or land there is nothing actually backing it up other than the internet people trust. So I don't think it will become a global currency.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:07:42 AM

It was more like a recommendation from a committee, not?

Yes your correct. There was no official announcement yet. These kind of news also make bitcoins prices more volatile in the market.
valiz

Activity: 471

BTC trader

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:11:20 PM

I think it stands no chance to become a sort of global currency, because of the bandwith and storage limitations of the nodes. Perhaps all the cryptocurrencies together can achieve this, but not bitcoin by itself.

All you super-optimistic guys should also take a look from an engineering perspective, in my opinion. Every transaction needs let's say 200 bytes, which need to be propagated across the whole network, and then permanently stored on the blockchain. This is not for free and has it's limits. Today it can handle 7 transactions per second at most, imagine what millions of transactions per second would do to it.

12c3DnfNrfgnnJ3RovFpaCDGDeS6LMkfTN "who lives by QE dies by QE"
Darude Sandstorm

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 01:12:10 PM

It is already a global currency we are just very early to adopt it.

I agree it is already kinda a global currency, but it's not much of a global currency if not many places around the world accept it. Once it is fairly easy to travel the world on bitcoin or at least you can find a few shops that accept it at the place you are then I think we can call it a global currency.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:48:46 PM

I think it stands no chance to become a sort of global currency, because of the bandwith and storage limitations of the nodes. Perhaps all the cryptocurrencies together can achieve this, but not bitcoin by itself.

All you super-optimistic guys should also take a look from an engineering perspective, in my opinion. Every transaction needs let's say 200 bytes, which need to be propagated across the whole network, and then permanently stored on the blockchain. This is not for free and has it's limits. Today it can handle 7 transactions per second at most, imagine what millions of transactions per second would do to it.

well it is no mean to be globally accepted as a global currency for the moment, but for the future, storage isn't a problem if we can have terabyte like nothing even today

bandwith it may be, but if some projects like those of google with satellite internet, for everyone, will made it, we should resolve this issue also
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 03:20:00 PM

Well actually Australia has not accepted bitcoin officially yet, so there is still no country that accept bitcoin so far.

Bitcoin is definitely virtual currency and it is definitely an interesting concept. The problem with Bitcoin is that unlike the dollar, gold or land there is nothing actually backing it up other than the internet people trust. So I don't think it will become a global currency.
Internet has been our main activity nowadays, so I dont think its be a problem for bitcoin. Internet is the best way for transaction, and it should be an advantage for bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: