Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:23:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice on getting merits  (Read 1225 times)
Kelward

Activity: 378
Merit: 222

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 16, 2023, 09:58:02 AM

Hi guys, I want to ask some tips on getting some merits. I somehow feel jealous when I see other full members having tons of it even if they're just new to the forum. I know that there are some ways to earn it like being active in your local board, engaging in the gambling threads talking about particular sports, create an informational thread, or have some deep knowledge about bitcoin's technical like block size, hash rate, etc. And that's my concern, I am not good with any of those stuffs. I am not a sports enthusiasts nor good in bitcoin technical. Our local board is not that active also compared to others where I see some members' their main merit source.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking my time to read my post. Cheers!  Smiley

You can apply for Hugeblack, merit help for local boards, Fillipone, thread on sharing your best 5 posts for merit and  when you need 15 merits to your next rank, Ratimov, helps with the needed merit. And they're all on this particular board, you can take advantage of these opportunities to increase your merits, that is if you're not already doing so. I'm a beneficiary of this merit help, just like like many other members in this forum.

It's important that you're active in the forum and try as much as possible to make quality posts, because I believe that for someone to merit your post here, you'll have to convince them with a quality post that is relevant to the topic of discussion.

Finally I think that the merit system is not very fair in the hands of forum members, because no matter the quality of your posts, if nobody merits you, then there's nothing you can do about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Out of mind

Activity: 434
Merit: 208

I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹

View Profile
November 16, 2023, 11:57:03 AM

Hi guys, I want to ask some tips on getting some merits. I somehow feel jealous when I see other full members having tons of it even if they're just new to the forum. I know that there are some ways to earn it like being active in your local board, engaging in the gambling threads talking about particular sports, create an informational thread, or have some deep knowledge about bitcoin's technical like block size, hash rate, etc. And that's my concern, I am not good with any of those stuffs. I am not a sports enthusiasts nor good in bitcoin technical. Our local board is not that active also compared to others where I see some members' their main merit source.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking my time to read my post. Cheers!  Smiley
Knowledgeable posts must be made to qualify. Moreover, since you are a full member, you must have acquired good knowledge about this and posted like people for which you have come up. For a new person to qualify, he must first make his posts look human and post various information about Bitcoin. Moreover, to gain merit one has to go to different places and give good advice to people which is beneficial and encouraging to all. Anyway, if you do well in your local boards you will get merit there, everyone is posting good to increase merit. Also, if you have good knowledge about Blockchain and Bitcoin, then sharing them to everyone can surely qualify you from there.

Sexylizzy2813

Activity: 546
Merit: 418

View Profile
November 17, 2023, 10:12:02 AM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (2)

You can apply for Hugeblack, merit help for local boards, Fillipone, thread on sharing your best 5 posts for merit and  when you need 15 merits to your next rank, Ratimov, helps with the needed merit. And they're all on this particular board, you can take advantage of these opportunities to increase your merits, that is if you're not already doing so. I'm a beneficiary of this merit help, just like like many other members in this forum.

It's important that you're active in the forum and try as much as possible to make quality posts, because I believe that for someone to merit your post here, you'll have to convince them with a quality post that is relevant to the topic of discussion.

Finally I think that the merit system is not very fair in the hands of forum members, because no matter the quality of your posts, if nobody merits you, then there's nothing you can do about it.

I think it would be too early to start applying for those threads
Ratimov Fillipone Hugeblack.
If we're talking about a newbies looking for merit I think they should exercise patience before going to those threads, like get to know some certain things on the Forum before hunting for merit.
I can't say the merit system isn't fair at all, it has to do with what you have to offer, you having a very good post that "you" feel deserve merit doesn't mean you make other members to drop merit because of what you think.
To me I feel you just have to let the merit come when it's time, sometimes what you feel is quality post isn't that quality to others. That's why I think the merit system is just ok to me.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Kelward

Activity: 378
Merit: 222

View Profile
November 17, 2023, 08:47:19 PM

If we're talking about a newbies looking for merit I think they should exercise patience before going to those threads, like get to know some certain things on the Forum before hunting for merit.
I can't say the merit system isn't fair at all, it has to do with what you have to offer, you having a very good post that "you" feel deserve merit doesn't mean you make other members to drop merit because of what you think.
To me I feel you just have to let the merit come when it's time, sometimes what you feel is quality post isn't that quality to others. That's why I think the merit system is just ok to me.

For your information the OP is full member rank, not a newbie, if he were a newbie, I wouldn't have given him such an advice. Check his activity in the forum and you'd have to understand where he's coming from. He's probably not putting in enough quality posts, but I'm not interested to check his posts.

My advice to him was to apply for these merit sources, that is if he wasn't already taking advantage of their merit helps. Of cause he has to up the quality of his posts to get their merit, the same goes for any forum member that needs help from them to rank up.

I however totally agree with you that newbies should focus on learning about crypto related topics and forum rules, before thinking of merit.

NewRanger

Activity: 1554
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2023, 02:13:30 AM

The abilities of one person or another also have their own level, sometimes there are those who are experts in the field of sports and they always follow it. So, it is very easy for him to provide responses or answers along with explanations if there are questions.

So, to get a reward, of course there are terms and conditions, meaning it must be constructive, well-spoken and have benefits for the audience and I'm sure that will come. For testing places, you can also follow and apply here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5412657.0. Just read and follow the rules that have been set.
Sexylizzy2813

View Profile
November 18, 2023, 06:09:56 AM

For your information the OP is full member rank, not a newbie, if he were a newbie, I wouldn't have given him such an advice. Check his activity in the forum and you'd have to understand where he's coming from. He's probably not putting in enough quality posts, but I'm not interested to check his posts.

My advice to him was to apply for these merit sources, that is if he wasn't already taking advantage of their merit helps. Of cause he has to up the quality of his posts to get their merit, the same goes for any forum member that needs help from them to rank up.

I however totally agree with you that newbies should focus on learning about crypto related topics and forum rules, before thinking of merit.

We're on the same page brother, I know the OP is a full member not a newbie, I can see that quite alright. What I said was channelled to newbies, that instead of rushing into getting merit or using those links, is best for the newbies to first of all go through things on the Forum before thinking of going for rank up or getting Merit from those mentioned links above. Speaking about how quality the OP's post are before going for those merit help, he already knows how much more he needs to put up to get his post to be up to standard and nobody need to tell the OP that, same goes to all newbies or new members.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Fuso.hp

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 18, 2023, 06:33:21 AM
Merited by Essential10 (1)

I am telling you what I believe and what I adhere to when it comes to earning merit. The main purpose of coming to this forum or staying in the forum is not to gain merit, but the purpose of staying in the forum is to know the unknown things from the forum and to inform the members of this forum about the things that I know. When we share our own opinions in this forum and when the information shared by me is useful to another member or when another member learns something new, he can give merit to your post if he wants. Now if you are thinking that I have to post only to gain merit then I will tell you that by posting for this purpose you will neither know anything nor inform others. So think about how to post quality without chasing merit. When the quality of the post is standard and when the post is informative then you don't have to worry about the merit and you will see that you are getting more merit than expected.
Doan9269

Activity: 854
Merit: 576

View Profile
November 18, 2023, 03:28:04 PM

What advise can one give here to help, i can not give you any advice on getting merits, but am ready to take my time in explaining to you many other things you need to know or discover about the forum, starting with the rules and regulations, quality post, how to make use of the forum search, moderation policies and also read about all the pinned threads on each board you come across, maybe if you've taken your time and efforts in reading through all these you may not have asked about this OP.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Sexylizzy2813

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 10:05:12 PM

What advise can one give here to help, i can not give you any advice on getting merits, but am ready to take my time in explaining to you many other things you need to know or discover about the forum, starting with the rules and regulations, quality post, how to make use of the forum search, moderation policies and also read about all the pinned threads on each board you come across, maybe if you've taken your time and efforts in reading through all these you may not have asked about this OP.

How I wish is easy to make use of these things you mentioned, some newbies find it hard to stick to it especially the search button, I find it hard to use myself.
The only things that's useful in what you said (to me) is trying to make quality post, if the OP always give the Forum quality post I believe he would be noticed by many members in the Forum and his rep would grow then merit will follow.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
alecfisker

Activity: 65
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 10:04:32 AM

List of Threads Giving Away Merits
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
sotelorene

Activity: 146
Merit: 9

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 01:42:32 PM

If you are somehow jealous because of snr member, hero member  etc tons of merit and you are a full member then how much more  newbie and Jr member will be,  that's by the way. If you actually need/want Tons of merit I think you should go check those your posts and replies you earn merit and compare with those you don't earn any and figure out something for yourself. Any post or reply that deserves a merit surly it be awarded. I wish I am the one with this your merit right now.
reagansimms

Activity: 952
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 01:58:55 PM

Your suggestions can also help increase motivation for members who find it difficult to get merit. Reading all the embedded threads, especially those related to the rank up guide, can help increase motivation to abandon their old habits by turning over a new leaf to become a member who can produce quality posters.
The merit system is not moderated directly by the forum, each member is free to send merit to quality posts, not to posts they like. Merit is not something that is difficult to obtain, as long as you are able to produce quality posts, seniors will help them by spending merit on their posts.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10746

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2023, 03:14:27 PM

An interesting exercise to do is to go through all the threads under the "open" section of the above quoted topic, and see how many are still active … none. Most users that run those threads either are no longer active on the forum, or have locked or abandoned those topics.

There are a couple of threads that are way more recent than those listed in a 2018 recompilation, and that are still active on the forum, but I’ll let others search around for them if that is their need.

Note: OP hasn’t been active on this account for over two month now. Not likely to be really actively looking for advise.
Litzki1990

Activity: 1190
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2023, 09:40:52 AM

Merit must be earned to increase one's rank and to earn that merit a user must create good quality posts. If the user creates good quality posts and his posts are very informative and other members learn something new by reading his posts then he deserves merit. You may post to the forum but not all posts will be considered eligible for merit. If you think your contribution is to gain merit then you can't make your post very informative but when your aim is to post good quality and informative post in this forum then you can post good quality. If the post is of good quality then surely you can earn merit. The first focus you should have is that you must post good quality.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Popkon6

Activity: 574
Merit: 289

View Profile
December 14, 2023, 01:21:26 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

Op you can also earn merit if you post properly quality and informative. I would like to give some advice like you should never chase merit because later you may get into trouble. If you can post good and high quality posts, merit will chase you.

Maybe younger than you, you don't regret seeing them earn merit, they are wiser than you. That's why merit is getting gifts. If you post correct and advanced, quality posts like them, then you can get merit like them. The more education you gain from this forum, the more knowledge you gain.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
odunybiz

Activity: 616
Merit: 121

Epsiloan Protocol

View Profile
December 15, 2023, 10:54:44 PM

How I wish is easy to make use of these things you mentioned, some newbies find it hard to stick to it especially the search button, I find it hard to use myself.
The only things that's useful in what you said (to me) is trying to make quality post, if the OP always give the Forum quality post I believe he would be noticed by many members in the Forum and his rep would grow then merit will follow.

Most time it isn't that easy for newbies to make quality post. This is why they have to learn from others with high rank. There is different between having a good topic and developing it well.  What I do most time is to save any user I see that it's activity and gotten merits are closed or a user that rank up within few months. I will try to check most of such users post to learn and also develop myself to write good post. These have in many ways helped me to the level I am on the forum presently.

Nanga Parbat

Activity: 196
Merit: 140

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 02:10:58 PM

<...> I haven't read any roles where you need merit to join and work on the bounties.
Merit requirements are probable required by campaign managers that care about curbing spam on the forum and getting to choose from a pool of candidates that are more likely to be decent enough posters. Not that merits equate being a good poster on a 1:1 basis (nor the lack of them necessarily for that matter), but from a broader perspective, one is more likely to find better candidates in a pool of people that earn merits on a certain basis than else.

You’ll probably find merit requirements in some of the best campaigns on the forum, that pay in bitcoin and are managed by people who know the forum’s ins and outs well, than any other random campaign that pays in their own token (if and when) and that often care for exposure but nothing else.

Thanks @DdmrDdmr I now realize that I've done a good deal of research and that merit is important in this situation if you want to actively assist the community. It functions as a gauge of a user's reliability. You can improve your reputation by receiving merit awards from other users for your exceptional contributions to a post or topic. It's a kind of acknowledgment that draws attention to your accomplishments and increases your standing in the community. By improving your poster quality and earning merit, you can also move up the ranks and take part in different activities with distinction.
Kristiyana

Activity: 168
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 26, 2024, 12:02:59 PM

I see you created this post last year and I don't know your status or position then but judging with your present position now, I will say you are not suppose to be talking about how to earn merit you are already a full member, you should be advising newbie what to do not the other way round. It's not compulsory you must have tons of merit before you can succeed or be successful here. Well for your question, try to post threads that will affect the forum positively and stay active.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Razmirraz

Activity: 1260
Merit: 401

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 27, 2024, 04:42:31 AM

One thing you need to understand about the merit system implemented in forums, merit flows automatically in quality posts, there is nothing that can prevent merit from flowing in quality posts that you produce because this system is not moderated directly by the forum. Choosing the right topic/post content such as containing information and knowledge for other members, is one way to improve the quality of the topics/posts you make. You also need to pay attention to the forum rules which strictly prohibit copying and pasting. This prohibition needs to be avoided to keep your account's reputation clean.

Be a quality poster if you want to get merit, I know you will get bored if you stay in the same rank for a long time. You have to rely on yourself to reach a higher rank, merit assistance from other members will always come to quality posters.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

QueenSk

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2024, 08:52:47 AM

I won't say that I feel jealous seeing other people's merit because when I joined this forum I was already told that it is very difficult to get merit here so I never wanted it. If I post or comment here, I will get credit for it if I deserve it.

The main reason of joining this forum was to gain knowledge in many things that I am getting. The rest of the things you mentioned in your post that you are not an expert in them, so I am also not an expert in them, so that means I will never be able to get merit, but I feel like getting merit once I'm knowledgeable enough. So there is no need for all these things if you are capable and your writing is good. The senior members present here will definitely help you because once they were also newbies and they also know very well that those who work hard deserve support.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: