Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2024, 03:12:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Buy Buy or Sell Sell Sell?  (Read 13100 times)
Justbillywitt

Activity: 392
Merit: 290

View Profile
August 21, 2024, 05:09:41 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

[edited out]
.....those who are into trading has no peace of mind they are at high risk of losing there money, but for those who are into Long term Bitcoin investment they always have nothing to worry about because there's zero risk.

The risk of losing money in bitcoin, even as a long term holder, accumulator and investor is not zero, yet surely there are more risks that are added when getting involved in trading that may or may not end up paying off, even though historically in bitcoin it would be pretty rare to find any trader who has outperformed a longer term holder and/or someone who buys and holds bitcoin regularly, especially if we might end up looking at comparing time periods of 5 years and longer..  there are some outperformers, but they are pretty rare and their skills might not be easy to replicate in the event that we presume that they were not just lucky.. .which also could be a factor.

Ok sir. the reason why i said it was zero is because if one is into Long term Bitcoin investment and maybe he has hodl for 5 years and wants to sell some part of his or her Bitcoin and there's a dip all he will do is wait for it to come up again which is certain then he sell, i don't see any risk in long term Bitcoin investment if there's any please i will love you to point it out for me so i will learn and become guided.

Mind you dipping hands into a long term Bitcoin investment is not part of risk in long term Bitcoin investment because what you invested on was not the reason for your lose you are, you caused it yourself you won't blame the strategy, so is not part of a risk in long term Bitcoin investment.

Whatever investment that you are doing that doesn't guarantee you a specified amount of profitability in the end is a risk, and  Bitcoin is not excluded from that. Mind you whatever you hear people say about bitcoin getting to certain price level in the future are mare speculations. There is no guarantee that it will play out that way. Also relying on past performances of bitcoin as a proof of future performance is also risk of it's own. So when you have invested in bitcoin and your plan is to hold it for 5 years, that's risk on it's own because you are not guaranteed of making profit. That's why the risk in long term hold is not zero. You can't take speculations for facts!! If you had known the specific amount of profit you will make at the end of the 5 years before investing, then you can say there is zero risk. But since there is nothing like that, there are still elements of risk involved, because it may happen the way you expects or it may not. And it is advisable not to be over reliant on your bitcoin investment so that you don't get into trouble, when your projected time of holding comes and things don't go the way you planned. That you hold bitcoin for 5 years does not guarantee you profitability. That's the risk in it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
Tmoonz

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 21, 2024, 05:28:06 PM

[edited out]
.....those who are into trading has no peace of mind they are at high risk of losing there money, but for those who are into Long term Bitcoin investment they always have nothing to worry about because there's zero risk.

The risk of losing money in bitcoin, even as a long term holder, accumulator and investor is not zero, yet surely there are more risks that are added when getting involved in trading that may or may not end up paying off, even though historically in bitcoin it would be pretty rare to find any trader who has outperformed a longer term holder and/or someone who buys and holds bitcoin regularly, especially if we might end up looking at comparing time periods of 5 years and longer..  there are some outperformers, but they are pretty rare and their skills might not be easy to replicate in the event that we presume that they were not just lucky.. .which also could be a factor.

Ok sir. the reason why i said it was zero is because if one is into Long term Bitcoin investment and maybe he has hodl for 5 years and wants to sell some part of his or her Bitcoin and there's a dip all he will do is wait for it to come up again which is certain then he sell, i don't see any risk in long term Bitcoin investment if there's any please i will love you to point it out for me so i will learn and become guided.

Mind you dipping hands into a long term Bitcoin investment is not part of risk in long term Bitcoin investment because what you invested on was not the reason for your lose you are, you caused it yourself you won't blame the strategy, so is not part of a risk in long term Bitcoin investment.

Whatever investment that you are doing that doesn't guarantee you a specified amount of profitability in the end is a risk, and  Bitcoin is not excluded from that. Mind you whatever you hear people say about bitcoin getting to certain price level in the future are mare speculations. There is no guarantee that it will play out that way. Also relying on past performances of bitcoin as a proof of future performance is also risk of it's own. So when you have invested in bitcoin and your plan is to hold it for 5 years, that's risk on it's own because you are not guaranteed of making profit. That's why the risk in long term hold is not zero. You can't take speculations for facts!! If you had known the specific amount of profit you will make at the end of the 5 years before investing, then you can say there is zero risk. But since there is nothing like that, there are still elements of risk involved, because it may happen the way you expects or it may not. And it is advisable not to be over reliant on your bitcoin investment so that you don't get into trouble, when your projected time of holding comes and things don't go the way you planned. That you hold bitcoin for 5 years does not guarantee you profitability. That's the risk in it.

Well said, and I completely agreed with you on this considering the fact that in as much as we may consider having possibilities of what we believe in undoubtedly there are no guarantee hence we shouldn't become too comfortable and over confident in order not to get in so much trouble when things didn't work out as planned which is one of the reasons why investment in Bitcoin should not be seen as burden while investing from our disposable or discretional income over the period of time, considerably 4 to 10 years or more as it pleases you.

Duelbits
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
KENONEW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 10921

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 21, 2024, 07:10:56 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2024, 07:21:49 PM by JayJuanGee

[edited out]

I don't know the exact risks of bitcoin going to zero, it is probably pretty low, but surely it is not zero.   There are also a variety of other scenarios in which bitcoin does not go to zero, but it goes down in price for several years, including years that you might be interested in selling it (or your investment costs are greater than how much it is priced at).  I don't know all of the risks or the various scenarios, and none of us knows the future, so it becomes problematic if you are suggesting that bitcoin does not have any risks or you exaggerate the lack of risks based on your own lack of knowledge and also it seems problematic to anyone would outline the various possible downside scenarios with any level of specifics... especially since each of us are likely going to assign different levels of probabilities to different future events/happenings.

At the same time, many bitcoiners already understand that bitcoin is amongst the best of current investments if not the best investment that is widely available to almost anyone in the whole world, especially anyone who has discretionary income or has some other ways of investing into bitcoin through time, energies (and/or learning about it).

Each of us comes to our own conclusions about whether to invest and how to invest and how to allocate, I would suspect that anyone believing that there is zero risk to invest in bitcoin may end up erroneously coming to wrong conclusions in regards to how much to invest into bitcoin and also how to invest into bitcoin, so hopefully there are not too many people making those kinds of mistakes based on that kind of erroneous thinking.

Another thing with bitcoin is that you could decide to invest into it and to be as aggressive as you are able to be, and at the same time, you could be correct about everything in bitcoin, yet you end up recking yourself based on your becoming overly aggressive and not protecting yourself in terms of making sure that you don't go 100% into bitcoin and having other various protections in your life that include but are not limited to a cashflow in the kind of currency that your monthly expenses are in, back up funds such as emergency funds, reserves and float.. and surely various other precautions in order to account for both bitcoin's short term volatility but also that both short term volatility and short to medium to long term price movements in bitcoin could move against you (meaning down) for way longer than you expect and they also may not recover to levels that you expect for periods that are longer than you expect, which also are various kinds of risks with an asset (meaning bitcoin) that we should realize is nearly inevitably volatile. and yeah volatility in itself is not necessarily risky, yet within the exceeding of certain limits that could contribute to risks that persons were not prepared for, and surely not "zero" risks even in terms of knowable things like bitcoin's inevitable volatility.. we know volatility is inevitable but we don't know the direction of the volatility and we presume the price to have greater chances of going up than down, but even the presumption of upward price direction is not guaranteed, either... which is a risk if we think that the BTC price is guaranteed to go up.. which is the same thing as describing bitcoin as having zero risks.

yes.. people make mistakes too.. so there could be risks that are associated with execution, so you could be correct that execution risks is not bitcoin's fault; however, when you suggest bitcoin is risk free you still should not be assuming that it is inevitable to go up, even if we might not give blame to bitcoin for execution risks.

if one is into Long term Bitcoin investment and maybe he has hodl for 5 years and wants to sell some part of his or her Bitcoin and there's a dip all he will do is wait for it to come up again which is certain then he sell, i don't see any risk in long term Bitcoin investment if there's any please i will love you to point it out for me so i will learn and become guided.
Holding for 5 years is not even long enough for me in terms of Bitcoin investment because there could be a higher probability that you may not see any good profit on your investment within five years because let's take for instance you are investing using $10 every week and if we calculate the total amount you will be investing every year is $480 and we multiply it by 5 years we should be getting $2,400 for the five years, so perhaps can see that there will not be any serious profit on your investment if you are selling on that short interval so instead of thinking about selling you should be more consistent on your investment till you arrived in a point were your portfolio is very big before you can think on that direction.

There are 52 weeks in a year.. not 48.

It surely would take a long time for a person with $10 per week to build a decently sized bitcoin stash.. but surely investors can ONLY do as much as they can do, and surly if they are able to hang onto their investment and make sure that they don't lose it, then even smaller amounts of investment into bitcoin will be better than not having had invested in bitcoin.

if one is into Long term Bitcoin investment and maybe he has hodl for 5 years and wants to sell some part of his or her Bitcoin and there's a dip all he will do is wait for it to come up again which is certain then he sell, i don't see any risk in long term Bitcoin investment if there's any please i will love you to point it out for me so i will learn and become guided.
Holding for 5 years is not even long enough for me in terms of Bitcoin investment because there could be a higher probability that you may not see any good profit on your investment within five years because let's take for instance you are investing using $10 every week and if we calculate the total amount you will be investing every year is $480 and we multiply it by 5 years we should be getting $2,400 for the five years, so perhaps can see that there will not be any serious profit on your investment if you are selling on that short interval so instead of thinking about selling you should be more consistent on your investment till you arrived in a point were your portfolio is very big before you can think on that direction.
More ideal to hold it for at least 10 years since this is I think more ideal thing to do, but we can't force people to follow that since maybe they have preferred years to hold and they can only hold for that long because maybe they are not so confident yet to add another 5 years. But still this is good start since 5 years is already a milestone especially for people who's new into holdings, But for sure once they hit their threshold and they see that there are more better profit to get for doing this then holding for 10 years maybe their next option. Its like step by step process and if they gain more experience then provably lot of people would go for more better investment decision.

We can't exactly say the possible figures to get since for sure there are changes happen along way and funds may vary depends on the funds we get since for sure we will put more bigger amount especially if we earn more bigger then have lots of extra cash left which is ready to spend on investments.

Some people invest for 30-40 years and never make it to fuck you status.

I doubt that you need to limit your timeline to 10 years unless you think that you might be wanting to start drawing upon bitcoin then, yet if you are a relatively young investor, you can continue to invest in bitcoin over years and decades, and sure there may be some point in which you can stop investing into bitcoin and start to consider selling some of it.. there is no need to consider selling all of it, but yeah, those kinds of choices vary between people...  

To me, bitcoin seems more like a life-long investment rather than something that you buy and then get out of.. so at some point you might want to start to draw upon it, but that does not necessarily mean that you sell all of it, especially if a person had spent 10 - 20 or more years investing into it, then the withdrawals would most likely start to take place in more gradual ways rather than all at once, absent some compelling reason to cash out all at once rather than just cashing out slivers from time to time... or transitioning into either a price based sustainable withdrawal system or s sustainable withdrawal system that is based on time.. like monthly withdrawals or whatever time line might work.

[edited out]
....... If you had known the specific amount of profit you will make at the end of the 5 years before investing, then you can say there is zero risk. But since there is nothing like that, there are still elements of risk involved, because it may happen the way you expects or it may not. And it is advisable not to be over reliant on your bitcoin investment so that you don't get into trouble, when your projected time of holding comes and things don't go the way you planned. That you hold bitcoin for 5 years does not guarantee you profitability. That's the risk in it.

Your post reminds me that if someone really wants to proclaim "zero risk" about something related to bitcoin or bitcoin investing, then such person could say that if leverage is not used, then there is zero risk that the bitcoin investor will lose more than 100% of what they had invested into bitcoin. 

So in that sense, you could say that as long as you don't use leverage, then the most you could lose from your bitcoin investment is 100%, so there is "zero risk" of losing more than 100%...so long as you structure the investment correctly...   hahahahahaha  Of course, there are opportunity costs with any money that is invested into bitcoin, and the money could have had been invested somewhere else, but if we start to talk about opportunity costs, we might be becoming a wee bit too abstract... so I prefer to just stick with the idea that non-leveraged investing into bitcoin results in the most that you can lose to be 100%.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Dailyscript

Activity: 322
Merit: 152

View Profile
August 21, 2024, 08:58:23 PM

There are 52 weeks in a year.. not 48.

It surely would take a long time for a person with $10 per week to build a decently sized bitcoin stash.. but surely investors can ONLY do as much as they can do, and surly if they are able to hang onto their investment and make sure that they don't lose it, then even smaller amounts of investment into bitcoin will be better than not having had invested in bitcoin.
This is true, consistently investing even i small amounts can lead to good accumulation over time. Whats more important is that they are dedicated and consistent to their investment. In real life there are people who couldn't make a big purchase at once, for example buying houses, starting a business. They started with the little they have gradually till they they achieve those big things. Same thing can be done in Bitcoin investment It might not seem like much at first, but over years it can add ups to a substantial sum.

This points us to the direction of encouraging regular investment. It helps smooth out the impact of market fluctuations which is a huge limitation to people who barely started their investment. One key note we should keep is that investing is like a marathon and not a sprint. Being focus in it and staying patient helps in our long term goals and its better to rely on it than getting caught up in short term market fluctuation.

Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 364
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 21, 2024, 09:16:47 PM

hahaha sometimes I also think such, if actually jay is a human. sometimes I follow along, sometimes I became tired and become slow. so hey when you thing of JJ you think of something like this

such a hybrid human, you know everyone is created in their unique ways and I guess I have found one in this forum. the problem of the matter is that you are still in the middle of a discussion yet he drop another Epic season like some sort of seasonal movies lolz.

Your illustration is really funny and made me go search for a thread I came across sometime ago who is JayJuanGee is he or she a human? like i was laughing when i saw the thread and ever since then i have been coming across various activities of @Jayjuangee like how he manages to go through replies of each users in most of the threads where he is active and still identifies meritable replies and awards Merits to them is still very astonishing to me with his level of intellectual experience, so indeed the forum is blessed to have his kind with us here.

SuperBitMan

Activity: 84
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 21, 2024, 10:07:20 PM

[edited out]

I don't know the exact risks of bitcoin going to zero, it is probably pretty low, but surely it is not zero.   There are also a variety of other scenarios in which bitcoin does not go to zero, but it goes down in price for several years, including years that you might be interested in selling it (or your investment costs are greater than how much it is priced at).  I don't know all of the risks or the various scenarios, and none of us knows the future, so it becomes problematic if you are suggesting that bitcoin does not have any risks or you exaggerate the lack of risks based on your own lack of knowledge and also it seems problematic to anyone would outline the various possible downside scenarios with any level of specifics... especially since each of us are likely going to assign different levels of probabilities to different future events/happenings.

At the same time, many bitcoiners already understand that bitcoin is amongst the best of current investments if not the best investment that is widely available to almost anyone in the whole world, especially anyone who has discretionary income or has some other ways of investing into bitcoin through time, energies (and/or learning about it).

Each of us comes to our own conclusions about whether to invest and how to invest and how to allocate, I would suspect that anyone believing that there is zero risk to invest in bitcoin may end up erroneously coming to wrong conclusions in regards to how much to invest into bitcoin and also how to invest into bitcoin, so hopefully there are not too many people making those kinds of mistakes based on that kind of erroneous thinking.

Another thing with bitcoin is that you could decide to invest into it and to be as aggressive as you are able to be, and at the same time, you could be correct about everything in bitcoin, yet you end up recking yourself based on your becoming overly aggressive and not protecting yourself in terms of making sure that you don't go 100% into bitcoin and having other various protections in your life that include but are not limited to a cashflow in the kind of currency that your monthly expenses are in, back up funds such as emergency funds, reserves and float.. and surely various other precautions in order to account for both bitcoin's short term volatility but also that both short term volatility and short to medium to long term price movements in bitcoin could move against you (meaning down) for way longer than you expect and they also may not recover to levels that you expect for periods that are longer than you expect, which also are various kinds of risks with an asset (meaning bitcoin) that we should realize is nearly inevitably volatile. and yeah volatility in itself is not necessarily risky, yet within the exceeding of certain limits that could contribute to risks that persons were not prepared for, and surely not "zero" risks even in terms of knowable things like bitcoin's inevitable volatility.. we know volatility is inevitable but we don't know the direction of the volatility and we presume the price to have greater chances of going up than down, but even the presumption of upward price direction is not guaranteed, either... which is a risk if we think that the BTC price is guaranteed to go up.. which is the same thing as describing bitcoin as having zero risks.

yes.. people make mistakes too.. so there could be risks that are associated with execution, so you could be correct that execution risks is not bitcoin's fault; however, when you suggest bitcoin is risk free you still should not be assuming that it is inevitable to go up, even if we might not give blame to bitcoin for execution risks.
I have read your point and i think i now see were you are coming from and what you are saying and i think i agree with you now, however the risk in Bitcoin investment is very low and i don't see the little risk as something that will scare anyone.
Bitcoin has a bright future and one of the best investment right now in the world and the best crypto coin, and from how things are going many countries will start accepting Bitcoin as a means of payment, with the way things are going Bitcoin investment is the best investment and those that have already started accumulating and holding it will never regret taking such decision in 10 to 20 years to come.
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 595
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 21, 2024, 11:48:15 PM

You only think of buying at the beginning of the investment, because if you don't buy you can never hold. So applying a strategy of how to depreciate and add DCA method to it will help you to buy dips and control the average price. But if you try hard enough you will definitely get success in this regard, if you hold Bitcoin for a long time you will definitely get dividends. 

Because those who have the most wealth in the present from the past are essentially long-term investor partners. So if you can proceed strategically then surely you can achieve success through DCA method and keep the holding alive for a long time.

███████▄▄██████▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄
████▄██████████████▄▄███▄▀░▄████████▄
██▄███████
▀▀▀▀████████▄▀░▄████████████
▄█████▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄░▀▀████████▀████▀████
▄█████
░▀████████████▀██████▀█████████
█████
██████████████▄░█████▄▄███▄████
██████████████████▄▀▄████▀████████████▀
█████▄███████████▄▀▄████▀▀██████▀▀▄
▀█████▄████████▄▀░▄████████▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
██████▄▄█████▄▄██████▀
█████████████████████▀
███▀▀██████████████▀▀
██████▀▀████████▀▀
Earn Real Rewards in
an Epic NFT Card Game
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████

BUY NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
Mr Reporter

Activity: 87
Merit: 17

Reward: 10M Shen (Approx. 5000 BNB) Bounty

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 06:16:22 AM

[edited out]

Well said I do adives newbie who are jumping into investing in any Financial digital assets due to their lack  of knowledge the most important part will fell out firsty you need to make your research first before jumping into any bitcoin well permit me to say bitcoin it self has a little risk around it after all life itself is a risk frist of all people don't understand about the long term holding risk nowadays people just wake up and start predicting the future saying today in the next 6yeas to come bitcoin is going to hit 1000k all of that.

And this day people early think that the longer you hold bitcoin  the longer you are guaranteed to become more profitable which I think doesn't happen in bitcoin investments.

betswift
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 06:36:51 AM

You only think of buying at the beginning of the investment, because if you don't buy you can never hold. So applying a strategy of how to depreciate and add DCA method to it will help you to buy dips and control the average price. But if you try hard enough you will definitely get success in this regard, if you hold Bitcoin for a long time you will definitely get dividends. 

Because those who have the most wealth in the present from the past are essentially long-term investor partners. So if you can proceed strategically then surely you can achieve success through DCA method and keep the holding alive for a long time.

Yep, sticking to a plan and following it for long enough seems to be the way to go, especially with BTC.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 01:06:41 PM

[edited out]
I have read your point and i think i now see were you are coming from and what you are saying and i think i agree with you now, however the risk in Bitcoin investment is very low and i don't see the little risk as something that will scare anyone.

Managing risks is not an all or nothing proposition.

You manage risk with balance, and you are never going to completely get it right, so when we are specifically referring to bitcoin, you can have balance in terms of how you manage your cashflow and also in terms of how you buy bitcoin and how much you allocate to it.

I have historically said that everyone should have some allocation to bitcoin, and to attempt to be as aggressive as they are able to be without overdoing it.

Part of the problem with some people is that they do not have any disposable income, so they should not be investing in bitcoin with money, even though maybe they can learn about it and maybe they can try to figure out ways to increase their disposable income by increasing their income and/or cutting their expenses.  Those are individual choices and balances they each of us have to make and we should be accounting for risks realistically and not exaggerating in either direction...otherwise we are going to become more likely to get reckt more than necessary.

Bitcoin has a bright future and one of the best investment right now in the world and the best crypto coin, and from how things are going many countries will start accepting Bitcoin as a means of payment, with the way things are going Bitcoin investment is the best investment and those that have already started accumulating and holding it will never regret taking such decision in 10 to 20 years to come.

People still have to figure out a balance in terms of how they get into bitcoin and how to secure it and various ways to fit bitcoin into their lives.  I have no problem with the idea of getting started in bitcoin as soon as possible, but still if someone does not have disposable income then they have to work on that first, and also sometimes people have to work on buiiding their skills, experiences and networks, so they would likely not be able to accumulate bitcoin with all of their resources if they are needing to build their employment skills.   

Even a person who already has good income and good employment skills, there is a need for balancing in terms of how much bitcoin to get, including how much aggressiveness and deferred gratification is necessary in order to attempt to be practical and prudent in his bitcoin accumulation journey.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
sotelorene

Activity: 378
Merit: 91

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 03:50:48 PM

[edited out]

Managing risks is not an all or nothing proposition.

You manage risk with balance, and you are never going to completely get it right, so when we are specifically referring to bitcoin, you can have balance in terms of how you manage your cashflow and also in terms of how you buy bitcoin and how much you allocate to it.

I have historically said that everyone should have some allocation to bitcoin, and to attempt to be as aggressive as they are able to be without overdoing it.

Part of the problem with some people is that they do not have any disposable income, so they should not be investing in bitcoin with money, even though maybe they can learn about it and maybe they can try to figure out ways to increase their disposable income by increasing their income and/or cutting their expenses.  Those are individual choices and balances they each of us have to make and we should be accounting for risks realistically and not exaggerating in either direction...otherwise we are going to become more likely to get reckt more than necessary.

People still have to figure out a balance in terms of how they get into bitcoin and how to secure it and various ways to fit bitcoin into their lives.  I have no problem with the idea of getting started in bitcoin as soon as possible, but still if someone does not have disposable income then they have to work on that first, and also sometimes people have to work on buiiding their skills, experiences and networks, so they would likely not be able to accumulate bitcoin with all of their resources if they are needing to build their employment skills.   

Even a person who already has good income and good employment skills, there is a need for balancing in terms of how much bitcoin to get, including how much aggressiveness and deferred gratification is necessary in order to attempt to be practical and prudent in his bitcoin accumulation journey.

Exactly, most persons don't understand this and some people venture into investment because of influence of friend(s), because they heard someone talking about Bitcoin investment ( how much they have made or how they are going to make profit) etc they allow all these swift them off their feet without even having a second thought about it or check if there friends have other source of income that is making them accumulating without touching or complaining of money to sort out some stuffs.

shenflux.com/airdrop]██████████          ►    SHEN FLUX    ►    CLAIM FREE AIRDROP 1,000 SHEN
██████████          ►    BOUNTY    ►    10% REFERRAL COMMISSION   ///   10M SHEN = 5000 BNB
██████████          ►    PRESALE SAGA    ►    BUY +0.01 BNB AND WIN THE POOL IF NO ONE BUYS IN THE NEXT HOUR![/url][/center
MainIbem

Activity: 1498
Merit: 440

Fully Regulated Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2024, 05:42:56 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2024, 06:09:29 PM by MainIbem

Surely there is nothing wrong with people making suggestions from their own sets of experiences, yet it can be kind of strange to see traders recommending newbies to trade, even though it surely is a common occurrence.  

Some of the traders cannot even wrap their heads around why anyone would want to invest and/or what would be the purpose of investing.. so they are continuously trying to figure out ways that their money is "working for them," which truly many investors consider their whole mental framework as being problematic, even though it is not illogical, it still tends to be overly ambitious, since any valuable asset is going to have ups and downs and may even seem like it takes such a long time to grow, yet if traders are trying to generate short term profits, they don't have enough patience to let the growth period work itself out with the ups and downs, and so the ONLY thing that they can think is better get out while it is still down and find another place to put your  money in some asset that is gong to go up... and gosh it can be stressful just to think about having to go through all of that to try to squeeze out profits that might even be more profitable than the ordinary holder, but even if it is more profitable, it still might not be enough or meaningful enough to really be worth all of the efforts.. to be picking up pennies in front of a steam roller.
Now I understand the point Samlucky O was trying to make and I think my statement "everyone should stick to what works best for them without looking down on other methods of accumulating wealth through Bitcoin." could be misleading cause there are Newbies who could want to try it out and think it would work for them, trading is not be best option especially for Newbies, the best option for a newbie who got finds to invest in Cryptocurrency is buying and holding Bitcoin for a long-term  and not Alts nor trading since trading is compared to gambling and it's very risky, investors could could their Bitcoin in a twinkle of an eye whereas it could depreciate due to volatility when they Hodl but they'll definitely recover. It doesn't imply to newbies only but to every investor since trading is one of the fastest way they could lose their Bitcoin.

▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀███▀▀███▀██████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████▄▄▄███▄▄▄█████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░███▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
███████░░░░░███░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▀███▀░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
▀█████████▄▄░░░░▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████████████████▀▀

GAMEGRAM

100%
DEPOSIT
BONUS
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

CASINO

PVP
30% Cashback
──  WAGER FREE  ──
██░░████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██░░████

PLAY NOW!
████░░██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████░░██
tiCeR

Activity: 1876
Merit: 814

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 06:56:32 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Bitcoin isn't predictable and some fancy lines won't help either whether they come from a guru or not.

Sometimes the squiggly lines have persuasive power that contributes to the assignment of higher probabilities than they deserve.. even though sometimes the squiggly lines might also end up working.. or appearing to work.

That's indeed true to a certain degree, but it mostly applies when there is a lot of sideways price activity and then people draw their lines and the more people promote the same line, the more these lines work like some kind of catalyst for herd behavior. But at the end of the day the losing trades are the relevant trades. As you have said before, it needs one trade to wipe out winnings from nine (or any other number) trades. As we have seen with the recent crash, I am sure a lot of traders lost while perhaps a handful won, but even those who won were probably gamblers betting on a crash with leverage. If you can afford these trades without harming your total holdings in a way that it truly hurts you, then it is fine. Go for it if you like it, but since we are also talking a lot about DCA, it makes it especially painful when someone sticks to the set DCA rules and then destroys weeks and months of consistency because trading was too tempting.

So yes, I wasn't actually recommending to use simulators in order to develop a proper understanding and learn how to manage emotions. Of course, real money is the real deal here but I hope not too many people fall for the dream that day trading makes them rich. In many cases a simulator for a week would probably enough to prove that they can't predict the price.

There are certain personalities drawn to it, and yeah sometimes a few successes might contribute to more boldness and/or greater confidence.

If a person has a day job and they are trading on the side with some of their extra money, then I suppose that could help to learn and they are still getting their income from their job.  

The most I hope to accomplish is perhaps to attempt to convince someone to limit their exposure to trading to no more than 10% the size of their bitcoin holdings and without cheating (and keeping on drawing into the bitcoin after they lose it), and sure there could be some cases in which a person has concluded that he is good at trading, so there surely can be more and more and more temptation to tap into more and more capital in order to make more money (and to make it "worth their time," so surely the whole trading practice is problematic in regards to slippery slope dynamics of getting lured in more and more and more...

Personally, I would rather talk about investing and cash management techniques, anyhow, and sure if there might be ways to be profitable in trading, then there are threads to specifically talk about those kinds of things.. and this thread does not seem to exclude such discussions about trading.. although trading discussions sometimes will devolve into talking about shitcoins, and surely we are not in an appropriate thread to devolve into shitcoin discussions.

Hell no, but I guess for those who are truly new to this field of digital money, it is probably normal for them to watch out for the "next big thing". Sticking to bitcoin from day 1 requires a reasonable amount of research (and IQ I guess?) to understand why this bitcoin ecosystem is likely to have long term global consequences and impact. I admit it is not easy to grasp, but in contrast to over 10 years ago, sources are plenty these days, albeit not all of them are good or helpful of course. That's why I often think that those who do understand it have good reason to repeat it over and over again. Basically what you are doing here in the forum.

The thing is that I believe those with not a lot of money at their disposal should ALWAYS use DCA whenever they have a long term plan because price drops wouldn't make them nervous, shouldn't make them nervous. They can see their BTC stash grow faster when BTC drops and that is actually their goal and why they want to day trade. They want that BTC number to go up in the first place and that is what's happening when they buy for 50 USD a week and BTC dropped in price by 20%. Their BTC account is growing faster.

Sure. Accumulating more BTC would result in portfolio value going up once the BTC price goes back up...so yeah, there is a longer term rather than shorter term need, and surely, people can also get distracted by merely being in profits, so then they may want to start to sell too much of their BTC too soon when they get into profits by a certain level, which might end up screwing them later down the road if they end up selling too much too soon.

Trading is maximum risk and usually for those who already have quite a lot of money and are willing and able to put it on the line. But there is a reason why many of these dormant whale wallets don't make a move for years or sometimes a decade. These whales might still be trading with a portion of their holdings they have elsewhere, but the big wallets are just dormant for a good reason.

Sure, probably playing the big moves is a better strategy than attempting shorter term trades... but yeah there can still be weighting problems with any account in terms of how much might be kept in dollars versus how much is kept in exchanges, and surely there are some folks who keep large portions of their BTC completely off line, so I would imagine that you are mostly keeping some BTC on an exchange out of a possibility to sell some or all of it at some point, and the same is with keeping cash on any exchange  for the purpose of using it to buy some or to use all of it to buy bitcoin... so yeah, there can be a question regarding how much BTC and dollars to keep on exchanges.

up until 2017, I kept quite a bit of my overall value on exchanges (probably more than 50%), and I suppose I had extra of both dollars and bitcoin on various exchanges "just in case."  In late 2017, I downsized to about 20% of my value on exchanges, and then around 2020 I was down to about 12% of my value on exchanges.  Around early to mid 2022, I got it down to about 8% and I think these days I might be around 5% on exchanges... so I am trying to keep the amount somewhat streamlined, and anything that is there is already in buy orders for dollars and sell orders for BTC... My buy orders go down to $25k-ish..and my current sell orders go up to $150k-ish... and over the years the spread has gotten bigger and bigger both in terms of dollars and also in terms of percentages, but even sometimes when the price is ranging, I do end up narrowing the spreads.. .. so there is the spread between buys and sells that can be tweaked, of course, the amounts can be tweaked and the increments between orders can also be tweaked.. so don't get me wrong, I don't sell with any expectation of buying back, so the amounts that I sell are quite small, so I think even if the BTC price doubles I am authorizing myself to sell up to 10%, but my sell orders amount to less than 5%.. and my buy back orders are slightly greater than my sells.. which over time had caused my lowest buy orders to move up from sub $20k and currently right around $25k. ..and right now, I am having a hard time imagining any buy orders below $35k being executed, and surely I am not even holding my breath for any of those lower buy orders to be implemented.. including that I never even want the BTC price to go down rather than up, I am way better off if the BTC price goes up rather than down, even though I have maintained both up and down orders since about mid-to-late 2015, and prior to that I ONLY had buy orders.. through the whole of 2014 and more than half of 2015.

I guess we are all the same and at some point kept some, or too much, on an exchange. But I have been around for quite some time and learnt a few lessons, painful lessons. The last one that once again opened my eyes was the FTX demise. Nobody, really nobody saw that coming, which now with the information one has is essentially surprisingly stupid given what kind of dude was running that whole operation. But when the really big guys like hedge fonds and advisory giants lose tons of money, then everyone can be fooled I guess. FTX was another great lesson for everyone who refuses to take their BTC off exchange due to laziness. If it makes sense for people financially and for security reasons to leave it on there, then that's ok. But larger amounts, better think twice.

As for people being hesitant because of all the downside risks they see, my impression is a bit more positive as I know people who bought BTC where I never thought they would. Some in their mid 50s, even 60s, and often times they don't fully understand the technology behind it, but they slowly but surely get this idea why it is very likely to be around for a very, very long time. Lots of people are changing their minds for the better, but it is of course still true that the vast majority is still skeptical although only a very tiny fraction of the skeptics could tell you in a few easy words what bitcoin is about. They are still in ignorance mode. But I am convinced that with time passing by, more and more people will either voluntarily learn about it, new generations grow up with it as if it has been there forever, and some people will learn the hard way when one day they ask themselves why their fiat can't pay the same amount of stuff it was able to pay 10 years ago. It's already happening and the number of people approaching me asking about bitcoin did certainly increase over time.

Well yeah, some of the fiat people who failed refused to buy bitcoin are asking why that bitcoin holder has not suffered the same denigration of wealth as the one who had failed/refused to invest in bitcoin, and yeah, so we have already been undergoing what may well be the greatest wealth transfer in history from the no coiners to the coiners, and some of the no coiners will realize earlier than others (do we call those precoiners?), and so yeah the wealth transfer process can be uncomfortable and at the same time, it also can be a bit subtle.. especially while it is happening and without using a zoomed out perspective.. and people frequently don't even believe in the zoomed out perspective when they see it.. many nocoiners and bitcoin skeptics will see the zoomed out perspective as an unsustainable bubble rather than as the wealth transfer evidence that it really is.

I like the term "precoiners"! Wink I am sure there are a lot of precoiners out there. Probably everyone who is 20 years away from death. If bitcoin keeps expanding and in 10 years from now there are people without holding a single satoshi, I guess it must be people who are about to die anyway. Others would be hardcore deniers.

But one thing holds true: most people can't resist selling back and forth when they get started with bitcoin. Stories when someone sticks to a plan from day 1 are quite rare.

It is probably o.k. to play around with trading if there is some kind of way to limit your practicing amount.

Let's say if a person comes to bitcoin and such person already had spent 15 years or more building his investment portfolio and he has right around $500k in networth through various quasi-liquid assets, so he decides to invest 15% into bitcoin, which would be right around $75k into bitcoin, and yeah maybe the first issue is how to accumulate such bitcoin, so then once he establishes his position, then he might be tempted to trade and/or to fuck around with shitcoins... so if there is a limit of 10% towards shitcoin and/or trading, then at least he would ONLY have a total budget of $7,500 for those things.. and hopefully he would be able to live within such limitations in terms fo whatever experimenting that he might attempt.

Another thing is that if he decides to continue to invest $1k per month into all of his various holdings.. so if he sticks to investing 85% into his traditional investment ($850) and 15% into bitcoin ($150), and so maybe from the bitcoin investment, he might want to take 10% and put into his shitcoin pot and/or his trading.. so that would be around $15 per month that could go in that direction based on these parameters.  Surely, folks can create whatever parameters and limitations upon themselves....and sometimes people who have already spent a decent number of years building their investment portfolio, they are not going to be very inclined to be fucking around with either trading or shitcoins, and so we likely can logically infer that much of the temptations of trading and/or getting into shitcoins more likely comes from folks who are trying to get rich quick and they might not even know how to set trading and/or shitcoin limitations upon themselves, when they also should be focusing on bitcoin first and bitcoin investing first, but they may well get lured into trading and/or into shitcoins rather than focusing on first building their bitcoin stash.

That's the right approach and as I said above, there should be enough resources for people to learn from that there is no such thing as a bitcoin killer. I have just seen some more about Onecoin, this gigantic scam that never made anyone a single dollar and yet they managed to scam people for several billion dollars. Everything was a lie and millions of people fell for it. There will still be people falling for those scams in the future, but I hope that scams of that magnitue aren't possible anymore.

My impression is that those who have substantial amounts of money available for investments are rather inclined to go into BTC with a rate closer to 100% and stay in it long term. The less money people have, the more they are inclined to double it up and this is a serious threat in this market. Too few people do the research and familiarize themselves with numbers like relative number of people owning BTC globally. If they figure out how little that number still is, they would also be able to see the growth potential. But many of them only watch the charts from the past and try to find a coin that does these insane jumps again.

And of course this thread is about buying or selling and maybe timings or so, but it's all a very individual matter eventually. There is no one true approach. But some basic things we brought up here should be sticked to and I think one is that someone should develop a target as to how many BTC they want to own and then don't consider selling until the target is reached. After that, strategy could be recalibrated. 

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Justbillywitt

Activity: 392
Merit: 290

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 07:18:15 PM

Well said I do adives newbie who are jumping into investing in any Financial digital assets due to their lack  of knowledge the most important part will fell out firsty you need to make your research first before jumping into any bitcoin well permit me to say bitcoin it self has a little risk around it after all life itself is a risk frist of all people don't understand about the long term holding risk nowadays people just wake up and start predicting the future saying today in the next 6yeas to come bitcoin is going to hit 1000k all of that.

That is call speculations and people are free to speculate about the future prices of bitcoin. Market makers do speculate base of different indicators/Variables they see playing out in the market, and they are not wrong to speculate about bitcoin. It is now left for for the investor to understand that speculation is not a guarantee of performance, rather it is a probability. And when something is under probability it means it may happen or it may not. So people who are investing in bitcoin for a long term based on the speculations that bitcoin will get to certain price in the future are not wrong. But the ability of investors to understand speculation is different from actual performance is what makes the difference. They should make up their mind on time that if it happens as speculated fine, but if it doesn't happen fine, life goes on.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 09:27:11 PM

As for people being hesitant because of all the downside risks they see, my impression is a bit more positive as I know people who bought BTC where I never thought they would. Some in their mid 50s, even 60s, and often times they don't fully understand the technology behind it, but they slowly but surely get this idea why it is very likely to be around for a very, very long time. Lots of people are changing their minds for the better, but it is of course still true that the vast majority is still skeptical although only a very tiny fraction of the skeptics could tell you in a few easy words what bitcoin is about. They are still in ignorance mode. But I am convinced that with time passing by, more and more people will either voluntarily learn about it, new generations grow up with it as if it has been there forever, and some people will learn the hard way when one day they ask themselves why their fiat can't pay the same amount of stuff it was able to pay 10 years ago. It's already happening and the number of people approaching me asking about bitcoin did certainly increase over time.
Well yeah, some of the fiat people who failed refused to buy bitcoin are asking why that bitcoin holder has not suffered the same denigration of wealth as the one who had failed/refused to invest in bitcoin, and yeah, so we have already been undergoing what may well be the greatest wealth transfer in history from the no coiners to the coiners, and some of the no coiners will realize earlier than others (do we call those precoiners?), and so yeah the wealth transfer process can be uncomfortable and at the same time, it also can be a bit subtle.. especially while it is happening and without using a zoomed out perspective.. and people frequently don't even believe in the zoomed out perspective when they see it.. many nocoiners and bitcoin skeptics will see the zoomed out perspective as an unsustainable bubble rather than as the wealth transfer evidence that it really is.
I like the term "precoiners"! Wink I am sure there are a lot of precoiners out there. Probably everyone who is 20 years away from death. If bitcoin keeps expanding and in 10 years from now there are people without holding a single satoshi, I guess it must be people who are about to die anyway. Others would be hardcore deniers.

I have sympathy for folks on a fixed income to have some reluctance in regards to investing into something like bitcoin, so usually I suggest that anyone investing into bitcoin should have at least a 4 year time horizon, and surely there are some older folks who are already on a fixed income who already expect to live another 10-20 years or more, so even if their income is fixed (or mostly fixed), I would still think that they should be able to appreciate that there are decently good odds that their purchasing power is not going to keep up with their income, so they are likely better to take some moves to attempt to buttress or hedge their fixed income, which would be bitcoin.. and surely there are likely folks who are struggling to understand the ideas of how the ongoing debasement of the dollar (and other fiat currencies) is going to result in a near inevitable eating into their purchasing power, and it may well be that their property (assuming ownership of individual housing) and/or equity ownership might well not be enough to sustain their living style and maybe not even sustain it within ways that they would consider to be acceptable.  Yeah, we cannot necessarily pigeonhole all of these folks in regards to the ability of their various income sources to keep up with their lifestyle and whether they might be forced into unwanted cutting.

In any event, it still can be difficult to get them to just consider that if they have 4 years or longer, then they should consider stocking away some of that value into bitcoin, even if it might ONLY be $10 to $100 per week... can seem scary to some of them, and maybe that is why some of them might not end up being truly precoiners, but end up buying some kind of fake bitcoin product, such as buying Bitcoin spot ETF shares rather than real bitcoin.  Perhaps better than nothing, but still bitcoin gets its power from direct ownership and means in which more people can figure out how to hold and transact directly.

But one thing holds true: most people can't resist selling back and forth when they get started with bitcoin. Stories when someone sticks to a plan from day 1 are quite rare.
It is probably o.k. to play around with trading if there is some kind of way to limit your practicing amount.

Let's say if a person comes to bitcoin and such person already had spent 15 years or more building his investment portfolio and he has right around $500k in networth through various quasi-liquid assets, so he decides to invest 15% into bitcoin, which would be right around $75k into bitcoin, and yeah maybe the first issue is how to accumulate such bitcoin, so then once he establishes his position, then he might be tempted to trade and/or to fuck around with shitcoins... so if there is a limit of 10% towards shitcoin and/or trading, then at least he would ONLY have a total budget of $7,500 for those things.. and hopefully he would be able to live within such limitations in terms fo whatever experimenting that he might attempt.

Another thing is that if he decides to continue to invest $1k per month into all of his various holdings.. so if he sticks to investing 85% into his traditional investment ($850) and 15% into bitcoin ($150), and so maybe from the bitcoin investment, he might want to take 10% and put into his shitcoin pot and/or his trading.. so that would be around $15 per month that could go in that direction based on these parameters.  Surely, folks can create whatever parameters and limitations upon themselves....and sometimes people who have already spent a decent number of years building their investment portfolio, they are not going to be very inclined to be fucking around with either trading or shitcoins, and so we likely can logically infer that much of the temptations of trading and/or getting into shitcoins more likely comes from folks who are trying to get rich quick and they might not even know how to set trading and/or shitcoin limitations upon themselves, when they also should be focusing on bitcoin first and bitcoin investing first, but they may well get lured into trading and/or into shitcoins rather than focusing on first building their bitcoin stash.
That's the right approach and as I said above, there should be enough resources for people to learn from that there is no such thing as a bitcoin killer. I have just seen some more about Onecoin, this gigantic scam that never made anyone a single dollar and yet they managed to scam people for several billion dollars. Everything was a lie and millions of people fell for it. There will still be people falling for those scams in the future, but I hope that scams of that magnitue aren't possible anymore.

Third party custody is dangerous, so sure Onecoin was outrageous, yet the various problems with third party custody are not going away any time soon, and yeah, you are talking about a different kind of scam that is not ONLY about 3rd party custody.. but the scam still relates to 3rd party custody, and also plays on desires to get rich quick, and abilities for individuals to send their value to some place that they believe, which is a good thing that people can send money without anyone stopping them, yet at the same time, there are folks who take advantage of their ability to receive that money.. so I am not sure how you stop Onecoin like entities, and why are you focusing so much on one coin. .Don't you remember Terra Luna, 3AC, Voyager, Celsius, Blockfi, Genesis/Gemini/Grayscale, and yeah you mentioned FTX/Alameda..  and some of those had been partially resolved, but they are not that long ago in BTC's history.... and the scams come in various kinds of newly invented ways.. so I am not sure how you believe scams are going to go away without ultimately interfering with personal sovereignty in bitcoin, the solution might not be worth it.. with the KYC and AML justifications to control on and off ramps.. I have my doubts about those kinds of supposed solutions.  Sim swaps, ransomeware, and social engineering are also quite lucrative ways of removing folks from their coins.

My impression is that those who have substantial amounts of money available for investments are rather inclined to go into BTC with a rate closer to 100% and stay in it long term. The less money people have, the more they are inclined to double it up and this is a serious threat in this market. Too few people do the research and familiarize themselves with numbers like relative number of people owning BTC globally. If they figure out how little that number still is, they would also be able to see the growth potential. But many of them only watch the charts from the past and try to find a coin that does these insane jumps again.

And of course this thread is about buying or selling and maybe timings or so, but it's all a very individual matter eventually. There is no one true approach. But some basic things we brought up here should be sticked to and I think one is that someone should develop a target as to how many BTC they want to own and then don't consider selling until the target is reached. After that, strategy could be recalibrated. 

I will agree that folks are distracted into various kinds of investments, and ultimately they have to figure out their own allocations in regards to their particulars.. and sure adjust from time to time based on learnings along the way..so maybe they start out by investing and holding BTC with a third party, and then at some point down the road they learn how to do self-custody, and some of these obstacles can be difficult for some people, so frequently we are likely hoping for more and more user-friendliness.. but yeah sometimes there are attacks on bitcoin in regards to how easy it is to hold bitcoin and/or to transact in it, so people get scared of those kinds of personal custody matters, too.. but personal custody and ability to transact privately are large parts of bitcoin's value proposition... .. .

SuperBitMan

Activity: 84
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 23, 2024, 11:58:33 AM

That is call speculations and people are free to speculate about the future prices of bitcoin. Market makers do speculate base of different indicators/Variables they see playing out in the market, and they are not wrong to speculate about bitcoin. It is now left for for the investor to understand that speculation is not a guarantee of performance, rather it is a probability. And when something is under probability it means it may happen or it may not. So people who are investing in bitcoin for a long term based on the speculations that bitcoin will get to certain price in the future are not wrong. But the ability of investors to understand speculation is different from actual performance is what makes the difference. They should make up their mind on time that if it happens as speculated fine, but if it doesn't happen fine, life goes on.

Everyone that is investing in Bitcoin has this believe that Bitcoin will hit a high in price in the future, especially those that are into Long term Bitcoin investment and is certain that Bitcoin will grow in price as time goes on and i don't think Bitcoin growing in price in the future should bother us because is certain that it will grow it may take time but definitely it will happen and that is why is good not to use Bitcoin as a source of income or something you are hoping to use to settle your bills since one is not certain how long it will take for it to grow to that certain price level you hope for it, and also have the mindset of a very long term holding.
sotelorene

Activity: 378
Merit: 91

View Profile
August 23, 2024, 05:40:03 PM

Everyone that is investing in Bitcoin has this believe that Bitcoin will hit a high in price in the future, especially those that are into Long term Bitcoin investment and is certain that Bitcoin will grow in price as time goes on and i don't think Bitcoin growing in price in the future should bother us because is certain that it will grow it may take time but definitely it will happen and that is why is good not to use Bitcoin as a source of income or something you are hoping to use to settle your bills since one is not certain how long it will take for it to grow to that certain price level you hope for it, and also have the mindset of a very long term holding.

The fact that Bitcoin has stayed for years and has proven to have great potential doesn't make Bitcoin to be certain and we can't tell for sure rather we are using its past to predict its future so nothing is certain about it but so long as it continue to exist it will definitely maintain it characteristics ( rise and fall) which will give people profit and at same time loss especially for those who's into trading. Hoping to use Bitcoin investment to sort oneself out for a short or long period of time is more like having a wrong idea about this bitcoin investment, the best way to go about this investment is investing with what you can afford to let go because nothing is guarantee and with that pattern one won't be disturbed like other investors who's doing different thing.

shenflux.com/airdrop]██████████          ►    SHEN FLUX    ►    CLAIM FREE AIRDROP 1,000 SHEN
██████████          ►    BOUNTY    ►    10% REFERRAL COMMISSION   ///   10M SHEN = 5000 BNB
██████████          ►    PRESALE SAGA    ►    BUY +0.01 BNB AND WIN THE POOL IF NO ONE BUYS IN THE NEXT HOUR![/url][/center
Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 364
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 23, 2024, 05:56:17 PM

[edited out]

I agree that no investment is guaranteed on the specific profits you would make from it at the time your target is reached but that doesn't mean we should just venture into any form of investment without doing some background checks to know if it's an asset that has a good future and it is worth investing on. All investments involves risks and Bitcoin is not exempted but risks are managed in the sense that you can't just venture into an investment that has a very high risk of losing if it doesn't go in your direction. And it is not even a good idea to invest simply because of the profits you could make at the end because it will only leave you devastated when things do not work as planned.
             Actually what we all are doing are just ordinary speculations but even though we should not be dependent on the previous sentiments of an asset but it helps us to understand the activities in the market a bit so that we do not make so much mistakes besides histories do repeat itself so a past event can still re-occur in the present. Already it is not advisable to be too overdependent on something despite how promising it may be but Bitcoin investments have proven itself beyond reasonable doubts that even though we should not focus all our energy in it but it is worth investing on. Investing in Bitcoin is also risky that is why we should invest with an amount we can be able to bear if unforseen events happens in the future against our wish.

laijsica

Activity: 238
Merit: 156

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2024, 05:38:36 AM

Yes, a simple solution to all the elements of investing your capital with uncertainty and holding high profits and long-term holdings is DCA strategy depositing Bitcoins. It recommends accumulating large holdings by staying down the road and proceeding with a long-term DCA strategy, avoiding competition with conventional assets. Bitcoin is an asset that is likely to increase in value periodically due to its limited distribution system and high demand, as well as increasing production costs for miners. Initially you should tend to accumulate bitcoins before completing a cycle so that your portfolio can take a fairly decent size. Profit with a tendency to increase your holdings.

██████████████     D u e l b i t s  ORIGINALS    ►►►  PLAY KENO [NEW]     ███████████████
Dice  Mines  ◥ Plinko  Duel Poker  ◥ Dice Duels
███████████████     10,000x MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO50% REWARDS     ██████████████
bestcoins1

Activity: 2338
Merit: 737

View Profile
August 24, 2024, 03:13:55 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), ginsan (1)

Exactly, most persons don't understand this and some people venture into investment because of influence of friend(s), because they heard someone talking about Bitcoin investment ( how much they have made or how they are going to make profit) etc they allow all these swift them off their feet without even having a second thought about it or check if there friends have other source of income that is making them accumulating without touching or complaining of money to sort out some stuffs.

Some people who immediately believe in Bitcoin investment on the advice of their friends actually do not do anything wrong to themselves, but it would be better for anyone who accepts something new in their life to be willing to find out about the knowledge of it so as not to mislead themselves even though it is a very good thing to follow. In addition, it is also true as you said that people who receive advice from their friends should see where the person gets their income from so that they can also follow the same steps before jumping into investing with all the capital they have.

Because it will always be easier for investors who have other sources of income when they want to invest more focused on something like Bitcoin so that they can continue to maintain it well without being burdened by the daily needs of their lives. So look for as much income as possible and then allocate a few percent of it into investments such as Bitcoin because something like that will make it easier for us to manage investment assets and will also be much more focused when investing.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: