Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:16:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161804 times)
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:47:59 PM

Is there any tutorial in how to mine x11 coins

Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:27:38 PM

I updated my altcoincalendar post OP, if you fuck it up tomorrow i'll come to montreal and kill your dog/cat.
I don't have any animals but you can come do some property damage or kidnap my girlfriend, there won't be any problems tomorrow.
Ahahaha.

I'm wrestling over media coverage versus timely launch.
Media coverage wins. I want people lining up to buy my ipo coins.  Wink
Here, have another one http://argent.canoe.ca/nouvelles/quebecoin-une-monnaie-virtuelle-propre-au-quebec-18042014.
There's discussion on every articles. The machine HAS began running!

Is there any tutorial in how to mine x11 coins
It was actually very simple for me to move from Scrypt with CGMINER, to X11 with SPH-SGMINER (LTC to DRK).

I downloaded the latest SPH-SGMINER build from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0

My Radeon R9 270X old configs on Scrypt @ 450KH/s per card:
Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
C:\Users\MINER1\Desktop\cgminer-3.7.2-windows\cgminer-3.7.2-windows\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum-usw.trademybit.com:3330 -u XXX.YYY -p ZZZ -I 19 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 15232 --gpu-engine 1125 --gpu-memclock 1450

My Radeon R9 270X new configs on X11 @ 1330 KH/s per card:
Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
C:\Users\MINER1\Desktop\sgminer\sgminer.exe -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://stratum1.suchpool.pw:3344 -u XXX.YYY -p ZZZ -I 19 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 15232 --gpu-engine 1125 --gpu-memclock 1450

I haven't tried playing with any of my settings - at all - since switching over X11. So there might be room for improvement.
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:36:15 PM

Is it retargetted every block?
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:52:37 PM

I'm quite certain Dark Gravity wave retargets every block, not 100% positive though.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 05:28:13 PM

There will be a slight delay for launch! Until tomorrow morning April 19th at the same time - 8:00 AM EST - 12:00 UTC.

Very sorry to everyone who is anxious for launch, I should have put in a bigger time period between the IPO and launch, not everything is 100% ready right now so I can't get a fair launch for everyone. Tomorrow morning same time, guaranteed.

Happy Good Friday. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 05:30:54 PM

That's fair to make sure launch is smooth we are just excited to get to work on this project. Plus much of the issue is the rig renters which I do understand. Keep your head up everyone, at least JP is getting media and trying for the smoothest launch possible.

I'm very excited too and incredibly disappointed that I couldn't get everything perfect in time for launch. We got a ton of media coverage yesterday and overall the day was overloaded. The first article turned into a second one which attracted a ton of attention and had me answering questions all day and doing phone interviews. I simply didn't expect the day to be so busy with media before launch. For anyone who hates my guts, I hate my guts too, but I would have hated myself more if you guys ran into any kind of problem while mining.

If it's any consolation, the FUD will give people who missed the IPO a chance to buy in cheap.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 05:31:49 PM

I don't have any animals but you can come do some property damage or kidnap my girlfriend, there won't be any problems tomorrow.

And how does your girlfriend feel about this?  Grin

Be careful - she's the one with the revolver. Grin

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:22:27 PM

I'm quite certain Dark Gravity wave retargets every block, not 100% positive though.

it does
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 07:35:12 PM

Media coverage wins. I want people lining up to buy my ipo coins.  Wink

Well I didn't expect so much of it so soon. My friend sent me this picture from TV

Translation - A Québecer proposes a virtual currency made for Québec. So we're on TV now as well as the media, earlier today one of the articles was retweeted by an account with 126 000 Followers. The media coverage definitely wins.

Dont see why everyone is hating... 24h delay to make sure things go smooth sounds okay to me.
Take your time and make sure the real launch is perfect, good luck ! i will be there mining it Smiley

Well I get why they feel like that, but It's important to get a great start.

And how does your girlfriend feel about this?  Grin

She's slightly turned on.

Man, why do you launch at 8am? I came up today on Easter holiday early, but could sleep till noon... Now I have to come up tomorrow on Saturday at 8am?! Why not to launch at 12pm?

It seems like a good time for Europe and North America to be honest. Of course I can't please everyone but it's good for most people.

(..)  For anyone who hates my guts, I hate my guts too, but I would have hated myself more if you guys ran into any kind of problem while mining.

Keep your cool and make good on the delay, it's all you need  Cool

I tried H2O from the beginning, all the way until the 3th failed launch in a row - the lesson learned is if you postpone once and do a decent job of explaining it, it's OK, but if you fail twice, the coin is DOA  Undecided

So just concentrate on it, because now you better make sure the extra 24 h are more than enough to make the launch - forget the media coverage and shit, solve the pending problems and get this ball rolling - you can answer them after we're mining Grin

To the guys renting rigs: don't you ever learn? if you're renting before or on launch, make sure you have a good second choice to point those rigs into and don't come crying in the thread. Renting as its risks and you know them before you pay. Man up!

So it was 3 failed launches after all for H20, that's not something I'm gonna put anyone through. Right now I'm forgetting about the media as much as possible and setting everything up. I do feel bad for the people who rented rigs, I didn't think about them initially. Also the people who set up the pools, one of them apparently took some time off for this launch and I apologize to them as well.

Media coverage wins. I want people lining up to buy my ipo coins.  Wink
Here, have another one http://argent.canoe.ca/nouvelles/quebecoin-une-monnaie-virtuelle-propre-au-quebec-18042014.
There's discussion on every articles. The machine HAS began running!

Yeah we're definitely gaining major steam and coverage in Québec, I've got tons of e-mails from people wanting interviews, etc.

If it's any consolation, the FUD will give people who missed the IPO a chance to buy in cheap.

I'm not sure there's much FUD to be honest. I'm not running away or anything, it's simply that I needed more time to get the quality I wanted.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:55:10 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 08:26:12 PM by Kreativekrypto

JP you're scaring me, we haven't even launched yet... i'm getting flashbacks of Auroracoin only 10 times better....we hit the friggin news??? what!!??
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:04:35 PM

Well I didn't expect so much of it so soon. My friend sent me this picture from TV

https://i.imgur.com/D5Vtv3b.jpg

Translation - A Québecer proposes a virtual currency made for Québec. So we're on TV now as well as the media, earlier today one of the articles was retweeted by an account with 126 000 Followers. The media coverage definitely wins.

What channels, and which twitter account? We need to know! Cheesy
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:49:04 PM

JP you're scaring me, we haven't even launched yet... i'm getting flashbacks of Auroracoin only 10 times better....we hit the friggin news??? what!!??

Although I wouldn't go quite as far as the AUR hype, I am surprised it hit the news.  I would have preferred a launch today, but I guess extra press exposure can't hurt.
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 10:06:52 PM

I don't think anything will go quite as crazy as Auroracoin did but we have a great start media wise.

Although I wouldn't go quite as far as the AUR hype, I am surprised it hit the news.  I would have preferred a launch today, but I guess extra press exposure can't hurt.

The miners weren't happy this morning but they'll be happy tomorrow for sure. The press itself won't note the 24h delay in launching.

it's canadian news. not really the same thing.

it's like being on the news in wisconsin.

I mean yeah Canadian news is smaller but this is provincial news, two articles, huge twitter mentions and TV exposure. All of that on day 0. It can only get better from here.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
aws

Activity: 219

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:20:05 PM

let's analyse what makes an altcoin successful.
  • is it media coverage?
  • is it merchant adoption?
  • is it a large mining network?
  • is it pure speculation?

what affects the price of an altcoin?
  • is it the price set by an "IPO"? (by the way, there are still issues with the legality of an IPO)
  • is it the supply/demand on the exchanges for the altcoin.

----------------------------------------------------

Possible answers:

First some background.
At first altcoins were the answer to problems that did emerge with bitcoin. Then came November 2013, bitcoin price shot up almost 10 fold and literally everyone, their parents and their pets started releasing coins. All you need to do is fork an existing coin, make a few changes and off you go. There are even services that will do that for you for a mere 0.1 BTC.
Litecoin had good timing on its side. The people who used to mine bitcoin with GPUs no longer could do it profitably, Litecoin allowed them again to mine at a profit.
Dogecoin came out of nowhere in December 2013 as a joke. It suffered a hacker attack in the first couple of weeks, but it survived. Then it got big. How? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe it was the genius marketing, if it was intentional. Maybe it was the fact that it was supposed to be a joke, maybe it was none of the above.
Late 2013 companies started working on scrypt ASICs, it was becoming obvious that we need a new algorithm for GPU miners. Enter Darkcoin. Its creator gave us X11, and now GPU miners can move over to something different once difficulty for scrypt coins shoots up squeezing GPUs out.
Then in February 2014 the creator of Auroracoin came up with a clever idea of a nation coin. Give some of the coins away to citizens of a nation and voila, you got a coin with some credibility.
The idea was really good, so good in fact that nation coins were coming out daily by the dozen. There are probably more nation coins now that there are countries.
Then came the idea of an IPO for a coin. To me that idea is absurd. There is no prospectus, no revenue, no business plan, just an anonymous promise of profit (if all goes well).
I have heard of disastrous altcoin IPOs, but I have not heard of successful ones (Which does not mean there aren't any. Please point me to some)
So here we are looking at yet another coin hoping to finally get on a coin and make it big (just like those bitcoin millionaires that the media keeps on talking about). Is this coin going to give us all we are hoping for - who knows?  

Media Coverage
While media coverage can hype up the coin, it is this writer's opinion that currently there is an altcoin-fatigue. Virtual currency is supposed to  be better that fiat currency. Bitcoin promised that by being a global currency. Currently there are more altcoins than countries. There are coins for a specific purpose, specific area, and non-specific coins as well. How is this situation better than fiat currency remains unanswered. While media coverage helps to spread the awareness of the coin, it probably does not help with merchant adoption, service creation, and gaining an edge over more established currencies.

I will leave it up to the reader to answer and argue the remaining questions I posed.
aws

Activity: 219

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:22:16 PM

question:
wasn't the original launch date the 15th of April?
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:22:08 PM

Couple answers.

1. Bitcoin and the tech behind it were meant to replace fiat, this doesn't limit the tech from getting better though. Would you rather drive a model T or a car from 2014?

2. Quebecoin has current tech, has an obviously active and dedicated dev team.

3. There will continue to be altcoins this doesn't mean they will all survive, ultimately most will die off and we all know this, in fact many have already become defunct. The strong will survive and will be harshly tested by the world and crypto communities. Bitcoin didn't have any competition, if Quebecoin is used as a common digital currency it means it took a beating and still came through solid.

Lastly, I love bitcoin its the father of cryptocurrency... But would you continue to always use the first prototype of something? Mankind has already answered this question....no.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:44:44 AM

Lastly, I love bitcoin its the father of cryptocurrency... But would you continue to always use the first prototype of something? Mankind has already answered this question....no.

What you say is true, it's reality.

And just like Bitcoin, Quebecoin will likely be replaced by something else at some point. But it's a small step at a time. We're all participating in this marathon.
louiseth1
Legendary

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 12:55:25 AM

Wow JP!

On TVA! That's excellent! Looking forward to tomorrow morning!

For users that didn't pre-register on a pool yet, make sure to visit http://quebec.suchpool.pw to secure your seat!

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
judikael

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:14:59 AM

That's fair to make sure launch is smooth we are just excited to get to work on this project. Plus much of the issue is the rig renters which I do understand. Keep your head up everyone, at least JP is getting media and trying for the smoothest launch possible.

I'm very excited too and incredibly disappointed that I couldn't get everything perfect in time for launch. We got a ton of media coverage yesterday and overall the day was overloaded. The first article turned into a second one which attracted a ton of attention and had me answering questions all day and doing phone interviews. I simply didn't expect the day to be so busy with media before launch. For anyone who hates my guts, I hate my guts too, but I would have hated myself more if you guys ran into any kind of problem while mining.

I don't hate your guts, just disappointed as ofc for those with families kids etc saterday go eat supper at families(one end for me the in laws) then you have sunday easter then my families ...as you can see its wake up early turn on the miners and HOPE nothing happens while im gone needing for my to restart it IF something happens Sad ....

I trust this coin will do well again just disappointed Tongue
LazarDobrescu

Activity: 181

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:10:00 AM

Join the NicEMining pool for Québecoin now, don't wait until launch!

Joignez vous au pool NicEMining pour Québecoin tout de suite, n'attendez pas jusqu'au lancement!

What you will always find at NicEMining

0% Fee, always
Very rare downtime
Responsive web site
No cutesy interface, just the basic MPOS you already know how to navigate

NicEMining: No fees, No frills, No nonsense, just Simple, Stable, Nice Mining!

Join the mining at http://qbc.nicemining.pw!

Ce que vous allez toujours trouver chez NicEMining

0% de frais, en tout temps
Périodes d'indisponibilités très rares
Site web rapide
Pas de tape-à-l'oeil, juste l'interface de base de MPOS que vous connaissez bien

NicEMining: Pas de frais, pas de flaflas, pas de niaisage, juste du minage simple, stable, Nice quoi!

Joignez-vous à nous à http://qbc.nicemining.pw!

NicEMining Québecoin, Slothcoin, Primio, Wincoin and Supercoin!
No fees, no frills, no nonsense, just Simple, Stable, Nice Mining!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: