Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:31:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161808 times)
judikael

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:55:04 PM

I was told to stop mining Quebecoin guess what I did....I did not listen to that person and still mining it I still have hope for this coin!!!! I've only got 300 Quebecoins (my mining rig is of 2 GPU's, but when im on my computer only 1 is used to mine hehe ) but like I said I have not lost faith and now that your writing JP and interacting again it takes some weight of my shoulders knowing you didn't run hehe!
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 06:01:03 PM

I was told to stop mining Quebecoin guess what I did....I did not listen to that person and still mining it I still have hope for this coin!!!! I've only got 300 Quebecoins (my mining rig is of 2 GPU's, but when im on my computer only 1 is used to mine hehe ) but like I said I have not lost faith and now that your writing JP and interacting again it takes some weight of my shoulders knowing you didn't run hehe!

Do you realize that if you point your rig to a multipool, or better... rent it out, you could buy 4-5x times the QBC with the BTC you earn from that?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Grumand

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:12:31 PM

One day people will learn that all shit block rewards and insta-KGW do is give people with battlecruiser level server farms time to point them at a launch.  Only person this combo DOES stop is small miners who are tired of signing up to their 5924399th pool and would like to solo mine.

WHO would even continue to mine something that started without a windows qt??

battle cruiser server farms always use linux too... so double destruction on this one.

Oh man 15 minutes without windows QT! This sure is a failed launch. Amongst the better launches I've seen in these forums to be honest, the coin is adjusting nicely to all the miners, it's clearly well built.
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:43:45 PM

I think coinedupis the best place for this coin.

JP, what will you do/buy with IPO coins ? Maybe, it could be interesting to buy vote on cryptsy...

I'm 100% against buying votes. The only thing I'm buying with the IPO is time to work on QBC and I'm also considering a BTC bounty for the Android Wallet since QBC has not yet seen real volume.

I think coinedupis the best place for this coin.

JP, what will you do/buy with IPO coins ? Maybe, it could be interesting to buy vote on cryptsy...

As much as I dislike saying it, he may wish to offer a bounty for poloniex.

Offer a bounty to get listed on one of the bigger exchanges. I believe I have seen poloniex claim it from other coins. Yeah, it's basically paying for a coin to get listed, and no idea if they'd even take it. But it's a lot easier than buying votes on mintpal/cryptsy, and must be cheaper.

A QBC bounty is probably a good idea, getting added to Poloniex gives it value.

I think I can successfully lock down the premine within two weeks, I'll be giving my suggestions soon and we'll be able to determine the best course of action. As I've stated before I have absolutely no intention of touching the premine and I love the idea of locking it down.

I've tried to kick off this discussion with you before, but you don't seem to care to much. I understand you don't owe any of us anything tho.

Even thought I'm worried about it, I feel like you should not rush the pre-mine lock too fast. The discussion should start as soon as possible, but the lock down could wait and kick-in at strategic time. Don't you think? Lets just assume you had the pre-mine locked today... No body would really give a fuck, they are busy with other things right now lol. At least that's my opininon.

I'm not so sure it has to be one or the other. Getting on a smaller exchange would probably just take an email from the dev. For something like poloniex or a larger exchange, it'd just be a bounty offer on the main page of this thread. Like 5 min. of work?

I'll admit it won't matter much if other stuff isn't done, but trying to get on another exchange won't affect multipool or android stuff in a negative way.

What kind of bounty you think it would take? There's 3000 QBC for the Wallet and it has no traction at all... What kind of bounty would Busoni require? 10, 100, 1000$?

You're right about the pre-mine lockdown, I'm trying to do a collaboration with a well known person which will give it some exposure as well. I'll time the lockdown with the launch of a multipool and make an announcement. People were clearly excited about the launch, we hit an unbelievable 5.5+ GH/s within 24h, so I think we can gather some more attention with a combined Lockdown + Multipool announcement.

Your activity on the thread post launch was detrimental. Do you have a time frame for these upcoming projects? Like someone mentioned the first 3 weeks after launch are super critical to a coins success.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:15:56 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 08:56:41 PM by Lemayilleur

Your activity on the thread post launch was detrimental. Do you have a time frame for these upcoming projects? Like someone mentioned the first 3 weeks after launch are super critical to a coins success.

I have to agree with Kreativekyrpto...

I've been in contact with a few other Quebecer, and I'm not the only enthusiast ready to make QBC something. But you can't just do that... I feel bad seeing FUD being spread about you and the coin. But you literally disappeared from the map for 3 full days, no notification, no post, not a single word across any of the social platform. And you came back with no explanation at all.  Undecided

This goes to re-enforce that QBC will need to have a back-up dev. Cause if you get hit by a bus, we may never find out. Shocked
ordenadoresatm

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:43:37 PM

I have to agree with Kreativekyrpto...

I've been in contact with a few other Quebecer, and I'm not the only enthusiast ready to make QBC something. But you can't just do that... I feel bad seeing FUD being spread about you and the coin. But you literally disappeared from the map for 3 full days, no notification, no post, not a single word across any of the social platform. And you came back with no explanation at all.  Undecided

This goes to re-enforce that QBC will need to have a back-up dev. Cause if you get hit by a bus, we may never find out. Shocked

Even the net hash rate has increased since you wrote back here!
owlhooter

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:39:12 AM

If anyone out there is still looking for a pool or wants to switch pools, our pool is still up and running and we need some miners on it to keep it going, it appears with the market dropping people have moved on to mine other things and the pool has been deserted Sad  But we still maintain a stable pool and welcome all miners.

And remember, we donate 50% of the 1% fee and donations received to charity, so make your hashes count and come mine with us at

http://qbc.CryptoADHD.com
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:21:34 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on with the dev, but the time to be scarce isn't right after a coin's release. And definitely not when it's an IPO.

The price is still salvageable. I do suggest the dev stop in the forums at least once a day, if he can. Even if there is no real news, just to say what is being worked on, and future plans.

If you want an example of a coin with a non-present dev in the forums, look at maza. Bad things happen.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:04:42 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on with the dev, but the time to be scarce isn't right after a coin's release. And definitely not when it's an IPO.

The price is still salvageable. I do suggest the dev stop in the forums at least once a day, if he can. Even if there is no real news, just to say what is being worked on, and future plans.

If you want an example of a coin with a non-present dev in the forums, look at maza. Bad things happen.

Yes. Without a doubt Mazacoin put the final nail in the nation coin coffin.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:10:29 PM

It certainly didn't help matters. The maza devs did basically every single thing wrong from a dev standpoint. They are the only coin I've ever seen that purposely was anti-community and didn't want any help + feedback from people supporting the coin.

But what really hurt nation coins was a combination of weariness due to so many copycats, really bad coins that basically screamed 'scam' (mandarin, australia, etc), where the devs apparently were not even from the nation, nor had a valid airdrop plan, and the simple fact that after an airdrop, the price of the coin logically falls... a lot. People who held Aur and other coins should have expected this, but if they held, they not only lost money but probably were then wary of other nation coins.

Quebecoin doesn't have the airdrop/falling price problem. Yet due to this, it has less hype... which is another problem.
Same Same

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:11:52 PM

I believe in this coin as much as everone else here. Also, I think the dev did a great job so far, so I think that we should be patient

I'm pretty sure the dev will announce something big soon.

Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:31:44 PM

• Bique Nique is setting up a wiki Smiley and I'm about to start putting information in it. But I can only spend a couple hours a week into this. Still! like I've been saying it; small step at a time.
  • I've also got a message from another QBC'er. I think he could get forums up and runnig. I'm waiting for his contact details. We'll see where that goes Cheesy.
  • We have you, on stand-by for a geekbecois article.
  • JP keeps talking about a QBC multi-pool.

So we have this going for us, which is nice.
ProgLord

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:48:07 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 07:04:49 PM by ProgLord

Wow! Actually rank: 115 on Mintpal !!

KEEP VOTING
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
gg234

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:36:35 PM

With the current price not worth selling for IPO investors and i don't see much activity after release from JP and also as JP promised Syrup for first 5 investors i am still waiting for that
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 07:47:46 PM

Did the Mazacoin dev disappear? I thought he was publicly known and went on interviews and things like that?

With the current price not worth selling for IPO investors and i don't see much activity after release from JP and also as JP promised Syrup for first 5 investors i am still waiting for that

I haven't forgotten about the maple syrup, everyone who was promised some is still getting it (and it's more than 5 ! It's 8 I believe).

As far as not posting for 2 days it's really just a matter of working behind the scenes, I've started work on the android wallet myself although I don't have much experience coding for Android. I'm using the same code as the dogecoin/zetacoin/bitcoin wallets. I'd rather have someone else take care of it but the QBC bounty isn't enough. I'd be willing to offer a 0.5 BTC bounty though for an Android wallet based on this code base. They're pretty much the same.

https://github.com/langerhans/dogecoin-wallet-new
https://github.com/zbad405/zetacoin-wallet

If there's anyone interested and has Android experience and everything set up already, let me know and you'll  be able to claim the 0.5 BTC bounty + the QBC bounty as a bonus.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:23:42 PM

If there's anyone interested and has Android experience and everything set up already, let me know and you'll  be able to claim the 0.5 BTC bounty + the QBC bounty as a bonus.

You should set up a donation address just for the android wallet. Those willing to throw in some extra BTC for the bounty could do it.

I'll copy everyone's donation in BTC up to a total of 50$ US.

poornamelessme

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:28:44 PM

Did the Mazacoin dev disappear? I thought he was publicly known and went on interviews and things like that?

The mazacoin team is a bizarre one. Disappear is the wrong term, they never showed up here at all. Their devs purposely stayed away from this forum because they didn't want to deal with 'fud'.

AP apparently coded the coin, holds the code/rights/whatever and may be legally blind, based on his webpage layout.

Boxxa was lead dev, or something like that, but quit after seeing the new website. That, and the fact that AP denied allowing the community to help at all, which included a new logo and community made website.

Payu is the public spokesman, who has rather odd marketing skills. When people here were asking for a fork to lower rewards to stabilize the price, begging for a dev to show up here to talk to people... to create a new website... do something... he posted a youtube video of himself jumping into a lake.
ordenadoresatm

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:16:10 PM

Wow! Actually rank: 115 on Mintpal !!

KEEP VOTING
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Awesome! QBC has almost doubled its votes in just some hours! Come on. You can vote several times a day!

By the way, I guess that a multipool can be very profitable for the associated trader, so if JP gets to create one QBC multipool, it could be a good way to get a good trader too.
owlhooter

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:51:58 PM

The mazacoin team is a bizarre one. Disappear is the wrong term, they never showed up here at all. Their devs purposely stayed away from this forum because they didn't want to deal with 'fud'.

AP apparently coded the coin, holds the code/rights/whatever and may be legally blind, based on his webpage layout.

Boxxa was lead dev, or something like that, but quit after seeing the new website. That, and the fact that AP denied allowing the community to help at all, which included a new logo and community made website.

Payu is the public spokesman, who has rather odd marketing skills. When people here were asking for a fork to lower rewards to stabilize the price, begging for a dev to show up here to talk to people... to create a new website... do something... he posted a youtube video of himself jumping into a lake.

In Payu's defense the video he posted was in response to another tribal member calling on him to do the cold water challenge.  But with no context to his post it really didn't make much sense.  I still like the idea behind Mazacoin, but yeah, it's not doing so hot because of certain issues that have been mentioned.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:47:32 PM

I haven't forgotten about the maple syrup, everyone who was promised some is still getting it (and it's more than 5 ! It's 8 I believe).

I can't imagine why this didn't get sent out a month ago.  There's no reason it couldn't happen this afternoon.  You should make it happen now for credibility sake.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: