Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 05:45:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161805 times)
mdawg

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:12:18 AM

I haven't forgotten about the maple syrup, everyone who was promised some is still getting it (and it's more than 5 ! It's 8 I believe).

I can't imagine why this didn't get sent out a month ago.  There's no reason it couldn't happen this afternoon.  You should make it happen now for credibility sake.

You think after stealing $10,000 for 1% of a pre-mined coin he would at least honour the $3.00 maple syrup!!

dieorlive

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:40:26 AM

Well, about locking up the premine coins , still no update?
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:42:31 PM

Wow! Actually rank: 115 on Mintpal !!

KEEP VOTING
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Awesome! QBC has almost doubled its votes in just some hours! Come on. You can vote several times a day!

By the way, I guess that a multipool can be very profitable for the associated trader, so if JP gets to create one QBC multipool, it could be a good way to get a good trader too.

For your information everyone, you can use http://www.online-stopwatch.com/countdown-timer/ and try to vote every hours. I've been doing that!

JP did give a small update. Read the last couple pages.
dieorlive

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:58:57 PM

Yup , JP told us a plan . But I belive that most of us want to know when JP can carry out the plan .
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:41:47 PM

Yup , JP told us a plan . But I belive that most of us want to know when JP can carry out the plan .

I agree. I am really surprised that the syrup wasn't even mailed out yet either. I mean, it's sort of a small thing ... but why would it take weeks to mail out some syrup?

The dev needs to lay out some timetable... any sort of timetable. The premine should be locked up within two weeks of the coin's release, other exchanges should be contacted, bounties put out and something that hasn't been mentioned much .... distribution/promotion to quebec people. There was this whole thing about small amounts of coin that were supposed to be given away to the larger centers in Quebec (montreal, etc), for promo purposes. Which in turn could lead to a minor amount of media coverage... leading to more becoming interested in the coin ... leading to more exchanges... well, you get the idea.

But strangely we haven't had any timetable or plan laid out for any of those things yet. Working on the android wallet is fine and all, but in my opinion the above things are more important. It's not like an android wallet release will make people rush to buy/use quebecoin all of a sudden.
altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 05:56:53 PM

Anyone know if MapleCoinProject and EmbargoCoin are related to this coin? (QBC) https://github.com/owlhooter?tab=activity
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:06:12 PM

Anyone know if MapleCoinProject and EmbargoCoin are related to this coin? (QBC) https://github.com/owlhooter?tab=activity

I'm not entirely sure what I am looking at on that link. But Maple Coin was made by Anonymous Pirate, who also made Maza Coin ... and probably some other coins ... supposedly Greece Coin too, based on a post by someone who said that AP/Boxxa stole the HellasCoin idea.

*wonders*
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 06:48:33 PM

No, not at all.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

altcoinherald

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 06:53:39 PM

No, not at all.

Okay, thanks.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 07:17:12 PM

You know.... with the suddenly "less active" dev and the missing maple syrups, does anyone get an Asiacoin vibe around here? You know like that deadly 12 hours before the shit hit the fan and the background score started with everyone running to the exchanges?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:33:07 PM

Not directly related to QBC as far as I know.
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:40:15 PM

You know.... with the suddenly "less active" dev and the missing maple syrups, does anyone get an Asiacoin vibe around here? You know like that deadly 12 hours before the shit hit the fan and the background score started with everyone running to the exchanges?

I'm going to give the dev the benefit of the doubt at this point, but let's just say the vibe isn't quite as promising as it was pre-release.

I honestly don't get it, to be honest, as all it would take is a post or two a day by the dev to put people at ease. Perhaps something is going on in his life where he's really busy and doesn't have time to post... don't know. But whatever it is, it doesn't make much sense. Even if people assume the worst, it'd still make sense for the dev to be more active here -- he is still sitting on the premine after all.

I am curious, how many ipo people still are holding their coins? I only invested a small crumb during the ipo, sold around half my coins somewhat early-ish to put me in profit regardless, bought back what I sold at these super cheap prices.... still in profit even if the coin goes to zero. It's a meaningless, crumbs off of crumbs profit, but I'm not usually an ipo person and had some qualms about where the price could go due to less hype about the coin. Or I look at it like I got my small amount of coins for free.

Guess I'm wondering if other ipo people did the same, or have held all their coins this entire time.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 08:34:11 PM

I'm going to give the dev the benefit of the doubt at this point, but let's just say the vibe isn't quite as promising as it was pre-release.

I honestly don't get it, to be honest, as all it would take is a post or two a day by the dev to put people at ease. Perhaps something is going on in his life where he's really busy and doesn't have time to post... don't know. But whatever it is, it doesn't make much sense. Even if people assume the worst, it'd still make sense for the dev to be more active here -- he is still sitting on the premine after all.

I am curious, how many ipo people still are holding their coins? I only invested a small crumb during the ipo, sold around half my coins somewhat early-ish to put me in profit regardless, bought back what I sold at these super cheap prices.... still in profit even if the coin goes to zero. It's a meaningless, crumbs off of crumbs profit, but I'm not usually an ipo person and had some qualms about where the price could go due to less hype about the coin. Or I look at it like I got my small amount of coins for free.

Guess I'm wondering if other ipo people did the same, or have held all their coins this entire time.

Im sure a lot of them sold when they could at 5000+ prices when they saw their investment go down the drain. I didn't take part in the IPO because personally I thought the dev was maybe living in another reality for thinking he's going to airdrop QBC every 2 years for the next 10 years. I mined for teh first few days and sold almost instantly at average prices of 50k sats Smiley So ya... made a nice profit there.

I also think the prices would go down still further maybe to the 100's level because I doubt that its going to hit a better exchange judging from the dev's activity here. I mean if I was the dev, and if im not active here (for whatever reason), I can pretty confidently say that I am not really active on getting on other exchanges either.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:58:06 PM

Im sure a lot of them sold when they could at 5000+ prices when they saw their investment go down the drain. I didn't take part in the IPO because personally I thought the dev was maybe living in another reality for thinking he's going to airdrop QBC every 2 years for the next 10 years. I mined for teh first few days and sold almost instantly at average prices of 50k sats Smiley So ya... made a nice profit there.

I also think the prices would go down still further maybe to the 100's level because I doubt that its going to hit a better exchange judging from the dev's activity here. I mean if I was the dev, and if im not active here (for whatever reason), I can pretty confidently say that I am not really active on getting on other exchanges either.

The timeframe issue was one of my main concerns with the coin. Yet I thought there would be enough interest to keep it at a decent price, at least to start with. I only did a crumb amount for the ipo, so it didn't really matter anyway ... but 25K+ prices were available early on, to cover the cost + more, for smaller ipo people. For those who got a btc or more, I am not sure if there was enough volume to cover them.

I'm not quite as pessimistic as you. The price is currently at 2700-4300, so it's still salvageable.
owlhooter

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:23:33 AM

I'm not entirely sure what I am looking at on that link. But Maple Coin was made by Anonymous Pirate, who also made Maza Coin ... and probably some other coins ... supposedly Greece Coin too, based on a post by someone who said that AP/Boxxa stole the HellasCoin idea.

*wonders*

No no relation at all, other than that I am the Dev on Embargocoin and I have assisted with some fixes to MapleCoin and Quebecoin, but I am not a Dev on either of those projects and I do not claim them as my own, I just assisted with some fixes on them.
owlhooter

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:49:58 AM

*wonders*

No no relation at all, other than that I am the Dev on Embargocoin and I have assisted with some fixes to MapleCoin and Quebecoin, but I am not a Dev on either of those projects and I do not claim them as my own, I just assisted with some fixes on them.

Well... if you worked on MapleCoin and QuebecCoin, you must know something about maple syrup...  Cheesy

Where is it?  Where are they hiding it?  Do we have to call the SQ to get hold of it?  I don't care about QBC, but, WE WANT OUR MAPLE SYRUP!!!!  

All I did was push a small fix for the 32 bit clients for Quebecoin, I have no other communication to JP than through this, maybe he's taking a bath in the nice maple syrup, hopefully he won't send any out used though  Cheesy  But it is kind of amusing I've helped out with 2 Canadian coins, don't have much fresh Maple Syrup down here in Texas. 
YYmeans

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:50:02 AM

I still keep my IPO coins now.
But I really would like to hear about the promotion/distrubution/locking up plans from dev.

kiki6990

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:42:38 PM

Hi guys, this is me!!

I just want to say that i believe in this coin, and i hope we all as a community will help this coin grow, by promoting it, and distributing it. If we don`t do it, nobody will.

Best regards,
getthecoins

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
zag4system

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:24:13 PM

Hi guys nice to see you all, I have noticed that this is one of the most complete coins out there at the moment and for sure its going to pick up nicely,  nice to meet the community and glad to be mining it.

Are you interested in making a decent buck ?
Try working ....
altcoinherald

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 01:27:10 PM

*wonders*

Thanks for the reply. I've just been cross-referencing Github more lately because of all the shady doings in altcoins and saw that.

I also read the one coin as 'MapleSyrupCoin' for a second until I realized it wasn't named that Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: