Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:55:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161804 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:28:25 PM

I realize you (and some here) have a different sort of timescale in mind than most in the cryptoworld is used to, but delay too long and the coin will be perceived as dead. And at that point, it may not matter a whole lot what you do.

What's your definition of a "dead" coin anyway? And who would perceive it as dead?

I think you're still overlooking the point here. The ONLY way this coin would "DIE" was if the internet as we know it died. But then again, I'm sure we would work around that in a record time.

I did say perceived as dead. Technically any coin can live forever so long as the internet exists. As for who would perceive it as dead ... the investors and miners.

And the risk of such perception is a lack of miners, insecure blockchain, exchanges (or one exchange in this case) dropping the coin due to lack of volume, and the price sinking to nothing levels.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:30:57 PM

It would be nice to see another exchanger aswell, only bittrex i think it`s not enaught

I've read that Poloniex can be 'bought', so to speak, in other coin threads here. A 1 btc exchange bounty probably would do it.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:14:09 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 09:00:01 PM by Lemayilleur

Is the purpose of multipool to mine other coins and pay out with QBC? That process could increase the value of QBC.

I think QBC needs more direct mining hash to secure it. If we can find some use of QBC, eg buying syrup with it, then the price of QBC will rise, that, in turn, will attract more hashing to secure the coin.

So, the first priority is the usage of the coin.

If it's just a SHA-256 multipool then it will just harness ASIC power that wouldn't be hashing on the QBC blockchain anyways so would be a great idea, once Scrypt ASICs are larger and the majority of hash on Scrypt coins it would make sense to add Scrypt to the multipool, I would be hesitant to add scrypt to a multipool too soon as it could take away miners from the QBC blockchain.

I could see a X11 QBC multi-pool,

All this can be automated/scripted (AFAIK)

1.   Use a fancy algorithm that calculates current diff, expected diff and market value of the
various x11 coins.
2.   Make a multi-pool that automatically switch to the most profitable x11 coin.
3.   Dump the mined coins for BTC
4.   Buy QBC with the BTC
5.   Pay miners in QBC

Meanwhile:

1.   QBC slowly goes up in value and the diff drops
2.   The value/diff is good enough that QBC is at the top the x11 list.
3.   At which point every other x11 multi-pool  jump on QBC and quickly dump their QBC blocks on the market for BTC.
4.   QBC loses value and the diff goes up.
5.   Eventually the value/diff isn’t good anymore, pool jump onto the next top coin.
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:36:21 PM

Minepit - Your pool looks absolutely stunning.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
kiki6990

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:48:32 PM

Check out our shiny new interface and mine Quebecoin with us

MineP.it Quebecoin Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers start mining!

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://qbc.minep.it:3363 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • 0.75% fees across the board
  • Rock solid security and stability
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Live coin prices (where available)
  • Auto payouts every minute (manual payouts too)
  • 24/7 on-site chatbox
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Join us now!

This pool looks wonderful, the best visuals i have seen on any pool till now, and i`m thinking seriously of moving all my power to this pool. Keep up the good work MineP.it!!

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
kiki6990

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:52:58 PM

cool...now that you posted a pic...feel free to NOT reply for another 2 weeks...

Roll Eyes

I said the same thing last time, I'm not disappearing, there's just more stuff to do in the background than on the forums. People were suggesting to keep posting so the thread rises to the top but for the moment there's no new developments (yet). I'll try to be more active but I'd rather show up with good news than simply chitchat so that people don't think I ran away. I haven't gone anywhere.

We are all glad to see you back and active JPGagnon. The community panicked for nothing:) we are all waiting for great news about this coin, and good directions of developing this coin bigtime. Quebecoin has all the chances to get as big as DRK, and that`s what we are all waiting!!

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
zag4system

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:45:42 PM

I agree with you , I think the process of quebec going up is sureley but slowley , we need to encourage people who work hard for quebec to keep doing what they are doing . This is a community based coin that has a verry big potential , and we should harnest this coin into it`s proper potential, we can do this only with the help of the community.
      I thank you all for beliving in this coin as I do and we shall see the results as time pases.

Thanks
Z

Are you interested in making a decent buck ?
Try working ....
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 03:12:55 AM

cool...now that you posted a pic...feel free to NOT reply for another 2 weeks...

Roll Eyes

I said the same thing last time, I'm not disappearing, there's just more stuff to do in the background than on the forums. People were suggesting to keep posting so the thread rises to the top but for the moment there's no new developments (yet). I'll try to be more active but I'd rather show up with good news than simply chitchat so that people don't think I ran away. I haven't gone anywhere.

We are all glad to see you back and active JPGagnon. The community panicked for nothing:) we are all waiting for great news about this coin, and good directions of developing this coin bigtime. Quebecoin has all the chances to get as big as DRK, and that`s what we are all waiting!!

I can understand the panic but at one point it will set in that I'm not actually disappearing anywhere but to my chair behind my computer.

In other news - Coindesk released an article which mentioned X11 Coins (Without Mentioning Darkcoin apparently which is terrible since they created X11) and you know which example of notable X11 coins they gave? Hirocoin and .. you guessed it, Québecoin. Feels weird especially since we've been in stealth mode these past 2 weeks. But apparently we have made an impression, I can feel some momentum coming soon.

Here's the article if you want to see for yourself. - http://www.coindesk.com/advanced-algorithms-maxcoin-dogecar/

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:30:12 AM

such a bad price for 1 qbc ;/
woogie

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:45:06 PM

such a bad price for 1 qbc ;/

Well , it's bad if you want to sell. That's why you need to buy..Smiley You'll thank me later.
zag4system

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:48:26 PM

Prices will allways  be to low or to big for people , we need to have a comprehansion of what is the true crypto value , I can say it was easy for me to sell when drk prices where 1/10 of what they are today and was more than happy to sell them then but now them beeing 10 times the price , having 2-3k of drk now for one week of farm makes the value that I sold meaningless,so I would sugest paying attention appon sellling crypto curency for nothing when they could mean on the long term more than you can emagine.

Thanks
Z

Try working ....
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:07:02 PM

Prices will allways  be to low or to big for people , we need to have a comprehansion of what is the true crypto value , I can say it was easy for me to sell when drk prices where 1/10 of what they are today and was more than happy to sell them then but now them beeing 10 times the price , having 2-3k of drk now for one week of farm makes the value that I sold meaningless,so I would sugest paying attention appon sellling crypto curency for nothing when they could mean on the long term more than you can emagine.

Thanks
Z

Let me know when you will find out "the true" crypto value.
The true value is what the buyers is willing to pay now and what the seller is willing to sell for.

A bottle of water is 25 cents but won't you pay 3$ for it if you're lost in the woods? What is the real value of water?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Same Same

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:10:23 PM

It would be cool to have a website where new adopters can easily buy QBC with fiat (payment by Paypal) like this one here for Doges: weselldoges.com

I used to buy some coins on Reddit, but it's way more convenient and easy to buy them on the website.

What do you guys think?

zag4system

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:56:56 PM

I was just making a statement , you semed offended about what I said, the value is what they are willing to pay now or sell for now but let`s say 2 years from now , what would be the value then ? .I was just saying that i sold 3k drk for 1/10 of the price and 1 mounth latter  the price is 5$ or so instead of 50cents, so would I sell now qbc for close to nothing when I think it has the potential of much more makes me insane ?

Try working ....
aws

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:43:38 PM

Any bounties for merchants?
I run a website that sells car accessories.
aws

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:06:46 AM

In other news - Coindesk released an article which mentioned X11 Coins (Without Mentioning Darkcoin apparently which is terrible since they created X11) and you know which example of notable X11 coins they gave? Hirocoin and .. you guessed it, Québecoin. Feels weird especially since we've been in stealth mode these past 2 weeks. But apparently we have made an impression, I can feel some momentum coming soon.

Here's the article if you want to see for yourself. - http://www.coindesk.com/advanced-algorithms-maxcoin-dogecar/

The do mention darkcoin.
from the article:
"Pioneered by darkcoin, X11 has slowly gained traction in terms of new coin implementation. Darkcoin, along with Hirocoin and québecoin, are perhaps the most notable examples of X11 coins."

Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:38:20 AM

It would be cool to have a website where new adopters can easily buy QBC with fiat (payment by Paypal) like this one here for Doges: weselldoges.com

I used to buy some coins on Reddit, but it's way more convenient and easy to buy them on the website.

What do you guys think?

Have you tried Vault of Satoshi? The registering system seemsed terrible at first. But once your all set, transfering money from your bank to VoS is quite quick and easy.

Buying from a stranger online is a gamble. But there are a few of us honest people online.  Grin

The do mention darkcoin.
from the article:
"Pioneered by darkcoin, X11 has slowly gained traction in terms of new coin implementation. Darkcoin, along with Hirocoin and québecoin, are perhaps the most notable examples of X11 coins."

They edited it. When I red it this morning it only listed Hiro and QBC.
Circonference

Activity: 87

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 02:42:50 AM

What do you guys think?

I wrote to you in private about all the nitty gritty details of buying QBC with Paypal. It is an unprofitable drag and it takes a long time but that is how I do it right now.

I made a mistake in my message, the amount of QBC I was able to grab with 20$ through Paypal/Virwox (http://[Suspicious link removed]/1oCcdJ7) is about 2300 QBC

If I was to sell QBC, it would be hard for me to sell them at 2000 for 20$ because of multiple rent seekers along the way. It wouldn't even be profitable!

Anyhow, I am buying all the Quebecoins I can... still Wink

Marie-Lynn
RaisedFist

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:19:41 AM

I wonder if JP contacted the guys at ifound. When a bitcoin ATM was installed in Québec City they said to news media they were looking to accept bitcoin transaction because they believe in it. An other company in Quebec city said they believe in bitcoin too, but they never said its name.

It may worth a shot. If someday iFound accept bitcoin or QBC, I would definitly be interested :-)

Circonference

Activity: 87

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 11:11:58 PM

I continue to try new ways of buying BTC to transfer to Cryptsy, Mintpal and Bittrex. Today I bought 6$ worth of BTC using my Master Card through bitsource.org.

Why am I spending so little? Because I am broke and don't have much tolerance for loss Smiley

My transaction cost USD 6.47 Then I bought BTC which I sent myself.
Order: #41277525, buy QtyTot: 0.013393, QtyRem: 0, ProdPair: BTCUSD @ 447.984

Bitsource is in Panama and they use Payeer.com with a info stamp of MOSCOWxxx

The process is complicated and convoluted but the whole experience was low fee and quick.

Marie-Lynn
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: