Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT VS NEM  (Read 14346 times)
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:44:39 PM

Whut?

Code:
In order to combat this, NEM proposes a novel Proof-of-Importance (POI) forging algorithm that rewards the nodes that are most important to the network. Each node will have a weight equal to the number of days each coin has been in the account. Forging power is a factor of a node’s weight and the NEM transfers that link it to other nodes. Transactions with more important nodes will be weighted more heavily than transactions with less important nodes.
cf. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NhxTyi4Eo2D_1m1Ca8zvzQr0_RB0dgM2VuWXAIzcS-I/edit?pli=1#

That makes no sense at all. Nodes are accounts? Since when?

Edit: I though NEM has developed further the last time I read the plan. -.-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Errror

Activity: 47
Merit: 25

ggwp

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:50:13 PM

Hi, could any NXTer guess how many of original NXT stakeholders are truly active?
I would really like to know this. Any estimates?

⚫ ⚫ ⚫     ico.TrueGame.io     ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
BLOCKCHAIN BASED GAMES OF CHANCE
▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄  PRE-SALE 5th March  ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄[/cente
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:11:11 PM

Hi, could any NXTer guess how many of original NXT stakeholders are truly active?
I would really like to know this. Any estimates?

Define active. Because most of them are forging. Also i know of about 20 people that own more than 1.000.000 that are active in the community and donate and support.

raymarius

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:12:53 PM

I have Nxt to thank for getting involved with NEM. There was a picture of three hot girls and a fat chick suppose to be a nxt clown  Grin .

I wanted to invest in NXT. What turned me off was the complicated way of installing the wallet ( 2 months ago) and the fact that all nxt was held by 70-73 people  Shocked it was too high a concentration of wealth. Imagine if NXT becomes the dominant cryptocurrency and a small investment of 1 btc could turnout to be a billion dollar  Huh it just seems wrong. Ofcourse I would have gladly joined the original 73 had I the chance but thats irrelevant. Even NEM with 3000 is still too concentrated if NEM becomes dominant I feel.

Some people say distribution is not that important to Joe average, but I disagree, I am Joe average and I just don't get a good vibe about nxt /quark because of this even-though its a great coin.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:16:33 PM

I have Nxt to thank for getting involved with NEM. There was a picture of three hot girls and a fat chick suppose to be a nxt clown  Grin .

I wanted to invest in NXT. What turned me off was the complicated way of installing the wallet ( 2 months ago) and the fact that all nxt was held by 70-73 people  Shocked it was too high a concentration of wealth. Imagine if NXT becomes the dominant cryptocurrency and a small investment of 1 btc could turnout to be a billion dollar  Huh it just seems wrong. Ofcourse I would have gladly joined the original 73 had I the chance but thats irrelevant. Even NEM with 3000 is still too concentrated if NEM becomes dominant I feel.

Some people say distribution is not that important to Joe average, but I disagree, I am Joe average and I just don't get a good vibe about nxt /quark because of this.

1 BTC is now 440 USD.

440 USD invested into BTC when it first launched was about 100,000 BTC. I am pretty sure the 440$ investment will eventually turn into a billion USD.

So why shouldn't that be possible with NXT?

Why should early facebook investors receive 100000% ROI?

rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:20:52 PM

People lie themselves with Nxt distribution,flaming it.But the only reason they do it is they got a cheap stake in NEM and dream about getting rich doing nothing.

Guess what, it wont happen.The problem is they are trying to destroy a productive project, with a lot of hard work behind, for a copy, that will never bring anything new.I read late about Nxt, but who cares about IPO.Nxt has a value now.If you see it cheap buy,if not dont touch it, but stop that kids campaign crying about distribution.

73 is bad and 2000 is ok??Why ?? Why not 50.000 or 500000000? NEM is unfair for the rest of the world who didnt read the thread.So if you really care about Nxt or Nem, just read and make yourself an idea of what each of these is working on, and decission will be very easy.And if you trust the project, just join and help in whatever you can.

In nem people is just talking about speculation and prizes,and walking over Nxt.In nxt no one talks about the price,as they know it doesnt matter this early, and they are not looking to pump.
raymarius

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:23:26 PM

Its how I feel, its not objective. I cannot give you a logical answer. All I can say is that a lot of people feel this way and perception is very important.
NEM right now is projecting itself as the good guy and that is a very good image to have.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:23:36 PM

People lie themselves with Nxt distribution,flaming it.But the only reason they do it is they got a cheap stake in NEM and dream about getting rich doing nothing.

Guess what, it wont happen.The problem is they are trying to destroy a productive project, with a lot of hard work behind, for a copy, that will never bring anything new.I read late about Nxt, but who cares about IPO.Nxt has a value now.If you see it cheap buy,if not dont touch it, but stop that kids campaign crying about distribution.

73 is bad and 2000 is ok??Why ?? Why not 50.000 or 500000000? NEM is unfair for the rest of the world who didnt read the thread.So if you really care about Nxt or Nem, just read and make yourself an idea of what each of these is working on, and decission will be very easy.And if you trust the project, just join and help in whatever you can.

In nem people is just talking about speculation and prizes,and walking over Nxt.In nxt no one talks about the price,as they know it doesnt matter this early, and they are not looking to pump.

Good write! Also to add, there are about 20000 accounts with NXT in them, with the 6000 registered forum users, this suggest that we have over 6000 active users, which is quite awesome given our age and the hatred that the currency is facing from haters.

rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:25:12 PM

I wont put numbers.For everyone who cares about distribution, just compare them here.DO IT YOURSELF.

NXT HAS BETTER DISTRIBUTION TODAY THAT ALMOST EVERY OTHER CRYPTO! And counting that for not having yet a userfriendly client,which will soon be ready,a lot of people still have nxt in exchanges,which make distribution look worst.

http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-dogecoin-addresses.html

Your well loved dogecoin.34% of the coins owned by 6 accounts. Much WOW!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:29:28 PM

I wont put numbers.For everyone who cares about distribution, just compare them here.DO IT YOURSELF.

NXT HAS BETTER DISTRIBUTION TODAY THAT ALMOST EVERY OTHER CRYPTO! And counting that for not having yet a userfriendly client,which will soon be ready,a lot of people still have nxt in exchanges,which make distribution look worst.

####

Also, guess what will happen when NEM hits the markets? Many will sell for a quick buck and the price will fall significantly and the big stakeholders will buy up tons of it , creating a slow trend to the distribution of other coins. Or do you guys really think, that this won't happen?

raymarius

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:35:35 PM

you did not even read what I wrote properly. I said even NEM is too concentrated, dont get too defensive. Distribution did happen the way it did and its not a lie, maybe its spread a little bit wider now, but people still think its an issue. You can rage all you want but thats the popular opinion wether you like it or not.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:36:35 PM

I don't think there is a NXT vs NEM comparison, nor does there need to be.

NXT it demonstrated that there was another way to build a crypto without cloning flawed v1.0 tech from BTC.
The flaws in how NXT was done (its done by humans so of course its flawed) has weakened it and allowed a broader 2.0 set of coins to develop..

If NXT was perfect - NEM would not exist.

The two coins are young next generation currencies and they don't need to compare themselves against each other they need to destroy the 1.0 coins holding crypto back so it can advance into the mainstream..

Like all flawed technologies, the investors in 1.0 coins are trying to 'fix' it by grafting on 2.0 capabilities. My worry is that if the new generation coins and their communities don't get their acts together the 1.0 coins will entrench themselves further.

Total coin market cap at the moment is around $6B US - this is a fraction of the money available on the planet and 2.0 coins are not penetrated at all...

So we shouldn't be honing our skills comparing NXT vs NEM - both are good coins with good communities, NXT is not perfect and I am sure NEM will have imperfections, although different ones.

What we should be doing is demonstrating why people should be ditching 1.0 coins in favour of NEM and NXT and the great things their communities will make possible..

raymarius

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:42:14 PM

I am not emotionally involved in any coin actually. Personally I think ripple will succeed.
BrianNowhere

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:44:59 PM

I am not emotionally involved in any coin actually. Personally I think ripple will succeed.

+1 agreed.

NXT: 4957831430947123625
jackedwhite

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

It Is not bs. I've seen posts on nxt forums where someone was trying to understand why the block containing their transaction was not receiving confirmations.  Their post received 0 usefu replies (...)  You should learn from them and not be pointlessly dismissive.

Hi jackedwhite, you're generalising. Nxt is a decentralised community whose members have a wide variety of attitudes and opinions... Nem is no different. Overall I personally feel that Nxt's community is very friendly and helpful -- its strong opponents are often times not. Wink

Generalizing, yes.  I believe it is a fair observation of the community that is a function of the distribution.  

Here is another example.

Go to youtube and look for the Texas Bitcoin Convention and the panel on altcoins.  The guy repping NXT was a bit rude, turned off his audience by insulting miners, and then finished it off by yelling out the nxt URL over the top of everyone.  If you think it is bs, I ask you to youtube the video and not the NXT editted and approved version.  This is how NXT comes across to me.  There is nothing wrong with trying to become wealthy off a cryptocurrenncy.  I'm just expressing my opinion as a guy with a interest in all cryptocurrencies.  I own some NXT too along with a stake in NEM.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:47:12 PM

Q: Do you think that "A" or "B" will win?

A: "C" will.

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:49:47 PM

Actually there is room for A, B and C to all 'win'...

But if their communities fight with each other then the v1.0 crap-coin out there is the only winner.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:53:14 PM

Actually there is room for A, B and C to all 'win'...

But if their communities fight with each other then the v1.0 crap-coin out there is the only winner.

Yes, i was just pointing out that the thread is about NXT vs NEM^^

mjrmac

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:54:14 PM

####

Also, guess what will happen when NEM hits the markets? Many will sell for a quick buck and the price will fall significantly and the big stakeholders will buy up tons of it , creating a slow trend to the distribution of other coins. Or do you guys really think, that this won't happen?

You say that NEM's case is this:
1. in launch and 1st pump   ............... 3000 NEM owners
2. the 1st dump ................................  1500 NEM owners,  10% of them bought the rest out
3. the 2nd pump
4. the 2nd dump .........  1500 NEM owners,  but 10% of them own 75% of NEM
and so on.

That reminds me about one state which believed in K.Marx. Then there was moved to capitalism. Even they all owned all the wealth together, the result was -and is, that 10% of the people own most of the money, oil, gold.
Why would that happen here also? Why it will happen? Wink

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:59:40 PM

####

You say that NEM's case is this:
1. in launch and 1st pump   ............... 3000 NEM owners
2. the 1st dump ................................  1500 NEM owners,  10% of them bought the rest out
3. the 2nd pump
4. the 2nd dump .........  1500 NEM owners,  but 10% of them own 75% of NEM
and so on.

That reminds me about one state which believed in K.Marx. Then there was moved to capitalism. Even they all owned all the wealth together, the result was -and is, that 10% of the people own most of the money, oil, gold.
Why would that happen here also? Why it will happen? Wink

Not even sAying thAt the number of people owning will go down. I just think that the number of NEM each original stakeholder holds will go down. If  it starts with a market cap of 10000 BTC (not unlikely) how many people will not try to cash out 3 BTC per person? That is much money to them!

Rich people or atleast people with wealth, will always find a way to increase their wealth, and people with less money can't because their expenses are higher than their gains.

Sad but true..

I bet within 1 year, the NEM distribution will be exactely like BTCs

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: